Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-01-18, 05:21   Link #321
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Thank you Kyounosubs!

Their subs seem to be quite good, even regarding the technical terms. I only spotted one error about the turbosetup, but it's no drama, and hey, the translator is female and most likely no petrol head or whatsoever.
Old 2009-01-18, 10:52   Link #322
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Strangely episode 26 has been fan-subbed by [Kyou.no.Subs] and released that means 8 more episodes to go. Here : )
Old 2009-01-24, 15:34   Link #323
lswift84
Project D!!!

thanx Kyounosubs! now all we need is 18-25, hope is not lost!!!
lswift84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 21:36   Link #324
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Upto episode 23 has been released so far, just not put on here, im busy dling them now since i found them on a ddl site
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 11:35   Link #325
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I kinda downloaded 18 via direct downloaded and have episodes till 20 . I missing 5 episodes but as the weeks pass I think they will be released : )
Old 2009-01-25, 12:57   Link #326
lswift84
Project D!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat's Disciple View Post
Upto episode 23 has been released so far, just not put on here, im busy dling them now since i found them on a ddl site
Is what you are getting subbed? i was able to obtain the Raws for all 15-26 a long time ago but have been waiting for someone to pick up subbing it again.
Old 2009-01-25, 13:22   Link #327
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

is this any good? i like initial d personally, but dont know if this would be good to watch

Last edited by kk2extreme; 2009-01-25 at 17:19.
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 14:03   Link #328
lswift84
Project D!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
it this any good? i like initial d personally, but dont know if this would be good to watch
I like D better, but this I think its good. Definitely tides me over till (maybe) they do stage 5 for D.
Old 2009-01-25, 20:59   Link #329
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by lswift84 View Post
Is what you are getting subbed? i was able to obtain the Raws for all 15-26 a long time ago but have been waiting for someone to pick up subbing it again.
Yup it's subbed. The quality is abysmal, about the same as a speed sub, and they're encoded very baddly into an RM file (we're talking like 47-50mb), however the quality isn't bad enough to hinder enjoying it IMO, and so long as you go into it expecting a bad quality speed sub it really isnt that bad, and lets face it, it's better than nothing

True a new group is starting to sub it, but they seem to have opted to go right back and start from episode 1 again, so it'll take em a while to get upto the last few episodes. These fill the gap nicely, and the guy doing them has stated he palns to finish the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
is this any good? i like initial d personally, but dont know if this would be good to watch
I don't think this is better, unlike a lot od people, but it is a different veiw. ID focuses on one guy going around challenging racers to downhill challenges. It's not really until the 4th season that the team element breaths some new life into it.

WM thoug focuses on one guy and the relationship he has with his car more than anything else. And with a only a few exceptions, focuses on one specific place for racing. Like ID there's a weird love element, though it's not a part of the story unlike ID.

If you expect this to be as exciting as ID, you're going to be disapointed, since while we do get a few 'quest' racers, the main focus is on Reina, Blackbird, and Devil Z, and in the end really only on Blackbird and Devil Z.

It gets a bit lame towards the end IMO, but it's still an enjoyable series, And for me, who hates shows like this, that's saying a lot

As for a 5 ID, sure i'd love to see it. I'd be one of the ones doing a happy dance if it ever came. That said, i think pigs will be flying before we see a stage 5. Though it could do an Ippo and wait like a decade to do a new season >.<
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 21:49   Link #330
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
yay live action movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LocOhVG9tF0
Old 2009-09-07, 07:10   Link #331
idont

saw this recently and it was good. Initial D was a bit better and the atmosphere was lighter too.
idont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 16:31   Link #332
ditn

Is there any chance of a second anime season or will it never happen and am i better of reading the manga?
ditn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 01:09   Link #333
speedyexpress48
Boo, you whore

Send a message via AIM to speedyexpress48 Send a message via MSN to speedyexpress48 Send a message via Yahoo to speedyexpress48
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditn View Post
Is there any chance of a second anime season or will it never happen and am i better of reading the manga?
You are better off reading the manga, since the anime kinda flopped. I would think that season 5 of Initial D would come first...eh, I liked Initial D better anyways.

Your Friendly Bitcoin Trader|Go Avs/Broncos
speedyexpress48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 12:38   Link #334
ditn

Ok thanks. liked the technical part of wangan but i guess its not for everyone.
I kinda expected the anime flopped since there isnt much buzz about it,guess i will go read the manga then.

For initial d i will wait for the anime version since there is still a bit of hope
ditn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 10:38   Link #335
Forkys

Does anyone know what happens with Reina and Akio in the end? Will they go out together as a couple or Akio refuses?
Forkys is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
racing, seinen