AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2011-07-24, 14:52   Link #1921
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Over thinking seems to work when it comes to HTT as a band.
Old 2011-07-26, 03:29   Link #1922
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

with all the talks about these "music videos", i was kinda reminded of the K-on movie. i mean, it wouldn't be complete if the girls would not perform anything (anything new so to speak). because as i recall, no single k-on songs were seen (illustrated to be) performed 2 times in the whole series (maybe fuwa fuwa time, but with a different singer). so this got me thinking, is it possible that a new song will be performed at the movie? probably. if it were new songs (songs not in the albums), i don't have a hunch. but if it were songs in the album that has never been seen performed before, then there may lie options. i would like to see the perform stuff like samidare 20 love, honey sweet teatime, tokimeki sugar, fuyu no hi, etc. but then, those aren't that "new". so i thought of something that was in the albums (excluding the op and ed albums) that didn't get enough spotlight. just then my media player (set to shuffle list), played the song "Houkago Teatime". and then it hit me. that song would be perfect, if the band would be performing on their "vacation" on a new place. just a thought. i don'tknow either. hey, is this supposed to be in the movie thread. well, the conversation started here. never mind XD
Old 2011-07-26, 03:51   Link #1923
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightMusicBand View Post
with all the talks about these "music videos", i was kinda reminded of the K-on movie. i mean, it wouldn't be complete if the girls would not perform anything (anything new so to speak). because as i recall, no single k-on songs were seen (illustrated to be) performed 2 times in the whole series (maybe fuwa fuwa time, but with a different singer). so this got me thinking, is it possible that a new song will be performed at the movie? probably. if it were new songs (songs not in the albums), i don't have a hunch. but if it were songs in the album that has never been seen performed before, then there may lie options. i would like to see the perform stuff like samidare 20 love, honey sweet teatime, tokimeki sugar, fuyu no hi, etc. but then, those aren't that "new". so i thought of something that was in the albums (excluding the op and ed albums) that didn't get enough spotlight. just then my media player (set to shuffle list), played the song "Houkago Teatime". and then it hit me. that song would be perfect, if the band would be performing on their "vacation" on a new place. just a thought. i don'tknow either. hey, is this supposed to be in the movie thread. well, the conversation started here. never mind XD
That depends on the timeline of the movie, IMO.

If the story takes place before their HTT cassette recording session (s2 ep. 23?) then it would be weird if they perform a "new" song or two that isn't included in the album. Even Tenshi ni Fureta yo! wasn't in the cassette album since they made it after the recording (and Azusa didn't perform with them).

So if there would be a performance, yes, it would be most likely the songs that were never performed before such as Fuyu no Hi, Honey sweet tea time, etc.

But that would be another story if the story setting takes place after their graduation and before their college years. (Which we hoped for )

I believe new songs would appear too (not a performed one) some little songs like Amefuri or Usagi to Kame. And of course there's a possibility of new OP and ED for the movie as well.
Old 2011-07-26, 08:55   Link #1924
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightMusicBand View Post
I'm sure there will be one new song that will come out of the movie that they will put onto a CD release, because the purpose of anime is to move merchandise and you can't move merchandise you don't have.
Old 2011-08-05, 20:15   Link #1925
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

Watching K-ON!! Live - Come With Me right now.

OMG. Soooooo many people.
Old 2011-08-08, 13:40   Link #1926
all_flying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyel View Post
Watching K-ON!! Live - Come With Me right now.

OMG. Soooooo many people.
Just finished it. Damn so lively event! And who the hell said that Come With Me is just inferior compared to Angel Beats! live? (In terms the people who've came)

And Yoko Hikasa just start crying when the spectators start to sing with Toyosaki "Daisuki, daisuki, daisuki wo arigatou..." Those words means so much to them. "MINNAAAA ARIIGATOU!!!!"
all_flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-11, 17:15   Link #1927
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Whoa! I just noticed the official website got a makeover.
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-11, 17:49   Link #1928
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
Whoa! I just noticed the official website got a makeover.
Just a revamped front page, if you click the news items and / or the next tab, it'll go to the old one
Old 2011-08-13, 06:53   Link #1929
jwai

What have I done?!

A colleague from work visited my house with his five year old daughter, and he wanted me to show him an anime series that would be OK for her to see. Most of my series are not really for small children, and the first BD disc of K-ON was pretty much all I had on hand that fit the bill.

The first episode in English dub later, and now said child wants her dad to get hold of the DVD for her next week...

I feel horrible now :P
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 09:31   Link #1930
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

^Look at the bright side, she might discover that she has hidden musical talent and become a rock star when she gets older.
Old 2011-08-13, 11:34   Link #1931
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwai View Post
Why is that?
Old 2011-08-13, 16:14   Link #1932
jwai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
Why is that?
Have I damned a child to being forever misunderstood as an otaku? Am I going to be run out of town for corrupting young minds?

Last edited by jwai; 2011-08-13 at 17:13.
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 22:57   Link #1933
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

well, i guess it's me again with another question about misc. k-on.

i've started to rewatch s2 on tv after the end of s1 airings. well, something really bugs me about a thing i just found out. s2 ep 7: tea party. in the episode, another k-on character was introduced. the name was Megumi Sokabe. well, she was supposed to be a senoir student at a time when the girls were a freshmen, right? because azusa doesn't know about her. but why does she wear a green ribbon? if she were a senoir when Yui and the others were still freshmen, then logically, she should be wearing a red ribbon, the one that the freshmen next school year will be wearing (like Azusa).

i don't quite understand. what does the manga say? when did she graduate? when you & gang were in freshmen going 2nd year? or 2nd year going to senior? (i don't know why i ask about it too).
Old 2011-08-13, 23:20   Link #1934
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

okay I'm going to break this down

assuming the anime/manga started the same time as there release date.

Each class has there own ribbon color to distinguish each class, which they follow through out all there years in High School (it never changes). The freshmen class takes the color of the graduating seniors, and repeats itself in a cycle.

Azusa's Class - 2011 (2013 anime)

Yui's Class - 2010 (2012 anime)

Megumi's Class - Class of 2009 (2011)

Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2011-08-14 at 13:11.
Old 2011-08-13, 23:26   Link #1935
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwai View Post
What have I done?!

A colleague from work visited my house with his five year old daughter, and he wanted me to show him an anime series that would be OK for her to see. Most of my series are not really for small children, and the first BD disc of K-ON was pretty much all I had on hand that fit the bill.

The first episode in English dub later, and now said child wants her dad to get hold of the DVD for her next week...

Hey, at least your K-On! choice was a very shrewd one. I can't think of anything in K-On! that anybody would find objectionable for even a young girl.

If I myself had to pick a modern anime to show to a young girl, it would be either K-On! or the most innocent magical girl anime I could find, lol.
Old 2011-08-13, 23:28   Link #1936
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Smile

I don't know about you guys, but I'm showing my kids K-ON! Trust me this is better then some kid shows they show these days... I miss 90's cartoons/anime
Old 2011-08-14, 05:50   Link #1937
Sparvid
*hic*

I think the explanation for Megumi is that when the first season was being produced, they didn't know if there was going to be any more episodes. So they threw in Megumi as a minor easter egg, without thinking that it took place during Azusa's first year.

And then when the second season was greenlighted, they basically went with "Err, let's simply ignore that part and just adapt the manga chapter as it was written".

By the way, her first anime cameo appearance is in the sixth episode, which does fit with the manga storyline, since it's during their first year.
Old 2011-08-14, 13:29   Link #1938
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
okay I'm going to break this down

assuming the anime/manga started the same time as there release date.

Each class has there own ribbon color to distinguish each class, which they follow through out all there years in High School (it never changes). The freshmen class takes the color of the graduating seniors, and repeats itself in a cycle.

Azusa's Class - 2011 (2013 anime)

Yui's Class - 2010 (2012 anime)

Megumi's Class - Class of 2009 (2011)

Megumi was a Second Year in High School when Yui and company were Freshmen. She is a Senior when Azusa is a Freshmen. Its true because The Light music club (including Azusa) does in fact see her, but they never really formally meet pre se, she is kinda like the background person at school that you don't notice when your talking to your friends, which could easily be forgettable.
Spoiler for Her Appearances, when Yui and Company were second year:

"I guess people in the Light Music Club don't know me." - Megumi Sokabe

They messed up in the T.V. version ( I took some pictures so you can see)
Spoiler for T.V. version:

You can see they fixed it in the Blu-ray edition, she now has a green ribbon

I'm guessing the flash backs took place at the end of her second year or maybe the start of Megumi Sokabe Senior year. Before the Light Music Club recruited Azusa (explaing why Azusa is not present during there private concert too Megumi). It could also explain why Megumi would of stepped down from President of the Student Council since she is graduating soon.

Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2011-08-16 at 16:19.
Old 2011-08-14, 17:45   Link #1939
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I did not know they changed her ribbon back to green for the BD version.
Old 2011-08-16, 05:34   Link #1940
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

well, if what you say is true, then Megumi is indeed a senoir when Yui and company were 2nd year students, and Azusa as a freshmen. but why doesn't Azusa know about her? and she wasn't there on the "private thanksgiving/pre graduation gift" performance? could it be that the guys who made this didn't think of this happening when they introduced her in s1 wearing a green ribbon.

i think i understand now....

Tags
comedy, light music, seinen