AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Old 2013-04-14, 00:12   Link #81
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I'm under the impression that the Railgun anime's suppose to coincide with the Index anime. As such I'm curious as to how the Touma/Accelerator battle will play out, compared to how it was in the Index anime.

That said, when they do get there, I really hope they make those damn turbines spin faster. Those things didn't bloody look like they were going fast enough to create the wind storm that was fucking with Accelerator's plasma in the Index anime; Railgun's manga imagery did a better job at conveying that.
Old 2013-04-14, 00:34   Link #82
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
You know, doesn't the OP's Touma seem to be the version of Biribiri vision?
Not enough sparkles.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 00:36   Link #83
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

That early on, I think Biribiri would prefer seeing sparks around Touma, rather than sparkles. :V
Old 2013-04-14, 00:43   Link #84
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Fair point...
Old 2013-04-14, 01:39   Link #85
OverNOut
The Obsever

I wonder which one will the animators follow for Touma vs Accelerator.
Since the Index anime, manga and Railgun manga portrays it slightly different.
For example, the Index anime portrays Accelerator standing up when he decides to control the vectors of the air while the manga shows him controling wind when he was getting up after being knocked down by Touma. The Railgun manga shows him controlling the wind while lying on his back after being punched.
OverNOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 03:45   Link #86
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverNOut View Post
I wonder which one will the animators follow for Touma vs Accelerator.
Since the Index anime, manga and Railgun manga portrays it slightly different.
For example, the Index anime portrays Accelerator standing up when he decides to control the vectors of the air while the manga shows him controling wind when he was getting up after being knocked down by Touma. The Railgun manga shows him controlling the wind while lying on his back after being punched.
And when Touma finds Accelerator with Misaka sister, Accelerator kicks Misaka so Misaka flies towards Touma. In the original Index Accelerator does not dare kick her, just let her lie.
Old 2013-04-14, 06:27   Link #87
kagato3

So anyone think we will be getting Libral Arts Island after the stster arc?
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 07:17   Link #88
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
That said, when they do get there, I really hope they make those damn turbines spin faster. Those things didn't bloody look like they were going fast enough to create the wind storm that was fucking with Accelerator's plasma in the Index anime; Railgun's manga imagery did a better job at conveying that.
I don't think the spinning turbines blew away Accelerator's plasma by force, they were meant to disrupt and alter the vectors of the wind, messing up Accelerator's calculations. The plasma will then naturally since the calculation for compression are wrong.
Old 2013-04-14, 08:26   Link #89
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
So anyone think we will be getting Libral Arts Island after the stster arc?
It's not impossible, I'll give it 50:50

I would love to see them try to tie in more characters before Index III.
Old 2013-04-14, 08:31   Link #90
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Here's hoping that they can clear out the railgun ss.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 12:00   Link #91
whitecloud

I want to see Russia arc...
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 13:10   Link #92
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
I want to see Russia arc...
Timeframe wise that has already past. LA city is the next event on Railgun side and ties into some of the events durring the sports festival what the manga had as the next arc.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2013-04-14, 13:13   Link #93
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
I don't think the spinning turbines blew away Accelerator's plasma by force, they were meant to disrupt and alter the vectors of the wind, messing up Accelerator's calculations. The plasma will then naturally since the calculation for compression are wrong.
There's that, but in both the anime and the manga, when it switched back to Accelerator with his plasma bomb, it showed him amidst a huge windstorm. The anime's turbines just weren't conveying that with how slow they were moving, while the manga did.
Old 2013-04-14, 13:36   Link #94
Marina2

There are many things they can add in anime version..

- What happen to Nunotaba Shinobu after sister arc?
- ITEM everyday life....Why not?

or some content that can lead to Index SS3

Spoiler:
Old 2013-04-14, 13:50   Link #95
tsunade666

Quote:
There's that, but in both the anime and the manga, when it switched back to Accelerator with his plasma bomb, it showed him amidst a huge windstorm. The anime's turbines just weren't conveying that with how slow they were moving, while the manga did.
The wind turbines disrupts Aceclerator's calculation.

I agree on this account. The railgun manga really did great on its portrayal on what's happening. The anime just lacks the impact the novel or manga has

its like little busters half-baked effort they can probably take it onto another level but they are just doing it the average way which is sad. It didn't give justice on the original work.
Old 2013-04-14, 13:55   Link #96
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yeah I'm aware of what the turbines and wind were doing. Just that the anime's depictions of the turbine's movement didn't really match up with the wind that it created; it felt odd.

I won't comment on Little Busters!; I thought they did a fairly good job. :V
Old 2013-04-14, 14:13   Link #97
Raisingfalcon
Class minus 13

What im hoping is that they feel out more of the level 5's in the manga. In index novels there finally going to get into the 5th level 5 and it only took them 28 volumes to get there. I would love it if they would make even if its a filler arc for the anime railgun version an arc around the seventh level 5. Or they could just bring up the SS2 volume( I believe thats where the 7th appeared) where he appears.
Old 2013-04-14, 14:33   Link #98
kagato3

Quote:
Yeah I'm aware of what the turbines and wind were doing. Just that the anime's depictions of the turbine's movement didn't really match up with the wind that it created; it felt odd.

I won't comment on Little Busters!; I thought they did a fairly good job. :V
Thats because it wasn't the turbines that were creating the wind. It was Aceclerator, as his caluclations broke down.
Old 2013-04-14, 20:38   Link #99
touge-n00b
ZC6 Eishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisingfalcon View Post
What im hoping is that they feel out more of the level 5's in the manga. In index novels there finally going to get into the 5th level 5 and it only took them 28 volumes to get there. I would love it if they would make even if its a filler arc for the anime railgun version an arc around the seventh level 5. Or they could just bring up the SS2 volume( I believe thats where the 7th appeared) where he appears.
On that subject, I'd love to see them do that short story about Gunha as well, where he "fights" Mikoto. Hell, that could work in this season chronologically I believe. Imagine FIVE Level 5s in one season! Even give Kakine a cameo (which he'll probably get if they get to the Daihasei arc).
touge-n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 20:51   Link #100
OverNOut
The Obsever

^That's a great idea. It would be a good debut for "Captain Japan".
If they animate the Daihasei Festival arc, it will be good to see Gunha giving his guts speech.
OverNOut is offline   Reply With Quote