AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 30 21.28%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 21.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 15.60%
7 out of 10 : Good 24 17.02%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 4.96%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 2.84%
4 out of 10 : Poor 5 3.55%
3 out of 10 : Bad 5 3.55%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.71%
1 out of 10 : Painful 13 9.22%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-22, 22:59   Link #201
chounokoe

Send a message via MSN to chounokoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by KanonTheFurniture View Post
...the Anime has failed to appease EITHER crowd, which is why their DVD's aren't selling.
And as often as I hear this claim, I would love to see it actually proven by some statements. And I don't mean posts from this forum or 4chan or some Englisch anime-blog by a 16 year old kid somewhere out there, but from a represenative Japanese source, that is actually reaching the people who made the anime adaption.

I know how many people are displeased with the anime and I think even I would only give it a 3,5 on a scale from 1-5, because there are several better adaptions out there.
But honestly most reviews I read on the internet by people from Japan said, that they just don't buy the DVD because it's too damn expensive for no actual content. Most of them record the episode on the day it airs or get it from somewhere else, but for buying them Deen would just have to stock up on good extra stuff...because on one thing they all agree even there 'Uraneko is boring and cheap'.

And before somebody brings the argument along that Japanese are too polite to really say they hated it...look at the amazon reviews of Final Fantasy 13, half of the people think it's crap.
Old 2009-12-23, 05:22   Link #202
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by chounokoe View Post
And as often as I hear this claim, I would love to see it actually proven by some statements. And I don't mean posts from this forum or 4chan or some Englisch anime-blog by a 16 year old kid somewhere out there, but from a represenative Japanese source, that is actually reaching the people who made the anime adaption.

I know how many people are displeased with the anime and I think even I would only give it a 3,5 on a scale from 1-5, because there are several better adaptions out there.
But honestly most reviews I read on the internet by people from Japan said, that they just don't buy the DVD because it's too damn expensive for no actual content. Most of them record the episode on the day it airs or get it from somewhere else, but for buying them Deen would just have to stock up on good extra stuff...because on one thing they all agree even there 'Uraneko is boring and cheap'.
I would have to agree with this. The claim that Umineko anime fail to appeal to both side is pretty much an assumption at best.

Sure the DVD is not selling good but I don't really think that it was because of the anime fail. That and while I have yet to see the DVD/Blu-ray version, I don't notice anyone have said glaring difference in the DVD/Blu-Ray and broadcasted version (i.e: Animation fixes, additional stuffs etc) while some really hoped that there would be.

Quote:
And before somebody brings the argument along that Japanese are too polite to really say they hated it...look at the amazon reviews of Final Fantasy 13, half of the people think it's crap.
You're picking the wrong series as the sample there!

A note on and if you're talking about Amazon.jp (or any of other site with review+score, seriously), while it is really good to find some info in the review to decide whether it is worthy to buy or not, don't really count on the review score (try to extract the essence of the review instead) if the series is widely popular with fandumbs added. If you're talking about 100-300 reviewers, it's still believable, but when it reaches more than 500 you can actually say that diverse opinion is there and the score become very un-trustable to decide whether the goods is worthy to buy or not.

It is hard to cater goods to satisfy every portion fans in the case of games and original series/CDs. If you really want to put it in words in case for FF13, that was more of people who don't want to accept the changes and have already affected by the negative so nitpick imo complaints when it was released. Just compare any of Drama CDs or less popular games with pretty good amount of fanbase review, and you will notice how glaring is the amount of the reviewers there.

In DVDs record case just... Search for Higurashi and compare with Umineko. That would yield better result of example

Old 2009-12-23, 07:01   Link #203
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Don't know if it was said before but, my clairvoyance tells me:

Umineko 26 = Higurashi S1 26

Meaning: No tea party for EP4, just like there was no Demon's Script for Tsumihoroboshi-hen.

Umineko will probably finish with chapter 19 of the sound novel and the tea parties will be the start of season II (if there will be any)

This is my curse
Old 2009-12-23, 10:33   Link #204
Ttak

Quote:
Originally Posted by theacefrehley View Post
Don't know if it was said before but, my clairvoyance tells me:

Umineko 26 = Higurashi S1 26

Meaning: No tea party for EP4, just like there was no Demon's Script for Tsumihoroboshi-hen.

Umineko will probably finish with chapter 19 of the sound novel and the tea parties will be the start of season II (if there will be any)

This is my curse
Did you see ep 26 preview?
Looks like we won't get a miracle.

Thanks for the sig Risa chan
Old 2009-12-23, 10:36   Link #205
KanonTheFurniture
Witch's Golden Breaker

The tea party is shown in the episode preview, so it will be there. Can't guarantee it won't be rushed to all Hell, but it will be there. Not sure about the ?????, though.
Old 2009-12-23, 20:47   Link #206
Rena Ryuuguu
Hinamizawas Cleaver Girl

Send a message via MSN to Rena Ryuuguu
Spoiler for for might includes spoiler from the Novel:
Old 2009-12-23, 20:49   Link #207
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
I can't remember they said "we're human" after Krauss asked them what they are and this just sounded so much ooc// I
That is kinda your problem not DEENs They did say it.
Kanon went a bit emo: "We are..."
Shannon slaps his shoulder: "humans!! ^^"
Old 2009-12-23, 20:59   Link #208
Rena Ryuuguu
Hinamizawas Cleaver Girl

Send a message via MSN to Rena Ryuuguu
ok yes then it is my bad,
but you must say it makes much more sense that way it is in the novel then >D
Old 2009-12-23, 21:03   Link #209
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
ok yes then it is my bad,
but you must say it makes much more sense that way it is in the novel then >D
Well yeah but it did feel funny in the VN, too. A bit like a comdy duo but that might be just me and because the whole escape scene was hilarious. Also I dunno it felt a lot like that Kanon lightened up after Shannon slapped him on the should but htat was just a feeling that I got.