AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-11, 23:46   Link #121
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
Almost all recent Gundams (2000s) are fifty episodes, since SEED & SEED Destiny are technically separate series, due to having a different MC. (& no, I'm not talking about Athrun/Kira or the returning cast members, I'm talking about Shinn, since he's the main MC of Destiny.)
Well, Shinn was the hero and MC of Destiny, until Kira returned to the battlefield near the second half. And at that point Shinn really became a footnote in his own series and the returning cast pretty much began to take over.

Quote:
I can actually see this happening. I highly doubt the G7 will only be Jiorans. I see the "real" Cain & one of his students (doesn't necessarily have to be H-9) completing the G7.

Since the "currant" Cain is a body-jacker, the real Cain is dormant within his own body, I see him getting free as a part of the plot & joining with Haruto in his fight against the Magius. Cain has all rights/reasons to fight against them. He lost ten years of his life because they jacked his body.
I too thought about Cain and Amadeus being actually other Magius that have taken over their bodies. However, now that I think about it, I'm not so sure. Haruto became a Magius and is now a completely different species, no one possessed him. And likewise, when he possess others, they don't become Magius. Cain and Amadeus have clearly been changed like Haruto has. Whatever happened to them is irreversible and more than a simple body swap, if that was even what it is. Again, no one swapped with Haruto and he's a Magius, so I think there is more to this and somethings we're missing.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-10-11, 23:47   Link #122
Destined_Fate

Didn't we already got through the Shoko might die phase for nearly every Valvrave Season 1 episode?
Old 2013-10-12, 00:14   Link #123
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Didn't we already got through the Shoko might die phase for nearly every Valvrave Season 1 episode?

Yes, we did.
Old 2013-10-12, 00:15   Link #124
NeutralZero

Still waiting for that creepy child to kick the bucket...
Old 2013-10-12, 00:18   Link #125
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
Still waiting for that creepy child to kick the bucket...
It would be fitting for Kyuuma to punch his ticket, but then again he doesn't really know who was personally responsible for killing Aina.
Old 2013-10-12, 00:31   Link #126
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Akira and Q-Vier's standoffish encounter is close at hand.
Old 2013-10-12, 00:36   Link #127
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Well, Shinn was the hero and MC of Destiny, until Kira returned to the battlefield near the second half. And at that point Shinn really became a footnote in his own series and the returning cast pretty much began to take over.

I too thought about Cain and Amadeus being actually other Magius that have taken over their bodies. However, now that I think about it, I'm not so sure. Haruto became a Magius and is now a completely different species, no one possessed him. And likewise, when he possess others, they don't become Magius. Cain and Amadeus have clearly been changed like Haruto has. Whatever happened to them is irreversible and more than a simple body swap, if that was even what it is. Again, no one swapped with Haruto and he's a Magius, so I think there is more to this and somethings we're missing.
Shin still had most of the focus due to his confusions and inner thoughts. He wasn't shafted despite contrary belief.

Saki possessed Haruto for a time. Besides, Cain is referred to as himself on and off council meetings, but this Mirco has not. Cain is definitely himself.
Old 2013-10-12, 00:54   Link #128
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Also, they're going to Earth for I think, at least, 3 episodes
It would seem redundant to both do this and kill her

I do agree that M77 is a sitting duck, though
Won't be surprised if it gets taken over, forcing Haruto and his gang to become rogue guerrilla forces
Now that I think of it.. it's odd how almost every name character are going. Why does Marie need to go again?
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-10-12, 01:00   Link #129
Destined_Fate

Marie has an important position and I'm sure that Shoko asked her to go to be there for Akira since she cannot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
And they're going to Earth for at least the next 3 episodes, potentially pushing her to the sidelines for 3 episodes
Not if they have the place attacked or infiltrated. Would be the smart thing to do as L-Elf and the Valvrave's aren't there. So the Module lost their protectors and Shoko lost her personal bodyguard and second.

Which makes the whole "Are you worried about me" thing make sense. L-Elf had to choose to leave her behind because the mission wont succeed without him. Surely L-Elf would figure that the Dorssian's wouldn't just leave the module alone when it's practically defenseless now. This must really eat at L-Elf as he needs Haruto and Shoko but he cannot be at two places at the same time.

If he doesn't go to Earth than the mission will fail and the module and Shoko will be safe for now, but if he goes to Earth than the mission will succeed but the module may be attacked and Shoko taken/lost.

First option is less risky but offers very little gain, second option(the one he chose) is far riskier but has much larger gains.

However he made this decision without knowing that the ARUS is controlled by the Magius. So there's that.

But will Shoko die in either case? I doubt so.
Old 2013-10-12, 01:04   Link #130
Key Board
Carbon

I modified my post
but my point is that she won't die
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-10-12, 01:07   Link #131
Kurohane

The module is in Neutral territory so it's safe for now. Besides, Dorssia's prey has moved elsewhere.
Old 2013-10-12, 01:10   Link #132
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
The module is in Neutral territory so it's safe for now. Besides, Dorssia's prey has moved elsewhere.
True, and all of them too in one place
I wonder if it's part of L-Elf's plan
ie: present an obvious target, so we can narrow down the possible enemy reactions
Old 2013-10-12, 01:12   Link #133
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Now that I think of it.. it's odd how almost every name character are going. Why does Marie need to go again?
At least we know the names of the people for the memorial

But you raise a good point. I kinda gave my reasoning for Satomi earlier, but like you said why send Marie and Takahi even?
Old 2013-10-12, 01:14   Link #134
Kurohane

How big is that transport? They might actually need the extra hands.
Old 2013-10-12, 01:19   Link #135
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
How big is that transport? They might actually need the extra hands.
...Now that you mention that, I never really thought about that reason

It's just all of them being there, and when it possibly hits the fan, I see Aina getting caught in the crossfire again.
Old 2013-10-12, 01:23   Link #136
Key Board
Carbon

Since this is a "who will die next" thread, I'd say say that Marie's death flag rating is between green to yellow
Magazine tidbits confirm that she will interact with Akira, but I think killing her off just to develop Akira would be bad taste
Not to mention they pulled something like that last season

Speaking of death flags, it's been funny for Haruto
before knowing the context, it seems he had the biggest immediate death flag.
I still say he has a huge death flag because of his implied non-presence in the future and his self sacrificing complex, but for now I'd say L-Elf has a larger death flag
Old 2013-10-12, 01:28   Link #137
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Since this is a "who will die next" thread, I'd say say that Marie's death flag rating is between green to yellow
Magazine tidbits confirm that she will interact with Akira, but I think killing her off just to develop Akira would be bad taste
Not to mention they pulled something like that last season

Speaking of death flags, it's been funny for Haruto
before knowing the context, it seems he had the biggest immediate death flag.
I still say he has a huge death flag because of his implied non-presence in the future and his self sacrificing complex, but for now I'd say L-Elf has a larger death flag
Well, we know what to expect if we get a Marie heavy episode

And I agree. Kurohane and I were talking about this on the L-Elf thread. Primarily the effects of Haruto having to feed on him.
Old 2013-10-12, 01:44   Link #138
Destined_Fate

Marie die? I can see it happening.

Marie befriend Akira.

Gets killed later.

Akira goes berserk.

Quote:
Neutral doesn't mean there wont be spies of an infiltration team. With how much time has passed I wouldn't be surprised if Shoko didn't recognize A-Drei until it's too late if Cain sent him to kidnap the Prime Minister to use as a political hostage.
Old 2013-10-12, 01:54   Link #139
erika4dsl

Quote:
Marie die? I can see it happening.

Marie befriend Akira.

Gets killed later.

Akira goes berserk.
But but they already did that last season, but they'll probably just do it again. If Marie gets more than 2 minutes of screen time she might as well be jumping up and down holding a big sign that says "KILL ME NOW" with bright flashing lights.
Old 2013-10-12, 02:02   Link #140
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by erika4dsl View Post
But but they already did that last season, but they'll probably just do it again. If Marie gets more than 2 minutes of screen time she might as well be jumping up and down holding a big sign that says "KILL ME NOW" with bright flashing lights.
All that sign is missing "ONLY 2 DAYS FROM RETIREMENT"