3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.04%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-05-24, 17:46   Link #21
Kakurin
大佐

The gushing over Tatsuya was done a little bit over the top for my taste in this episode. Aside from that the usual setting up. We get to know a little bit more about what Tatsuya's doing behind the scenes. Once again Ono-sensei popped up, still can't get used to her voice though.

Miyuki looked great this episode, liked the floating sequence in the end, although the one in the beginning was also pretty good. Aside from her Mari eating was also pretty cute while I like Mayumi's playful personality. Last but not least, surprised to see Hattori stepping up for Tatsuya. Guess he knows where to put priorities.
Old 2014-05-24, 17:55   Link #22
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

I thought the engineer recruitment scene in the student council room worked well. I actually laughed out loud at Tatsuya's "All right, I'll be heading out then." Run, Tatsuya, run!

The little scene with Ono resolved some of my problems with the character, but she still comes across as too cutesy. There should have been an even larger difference between her personality in the earlier school scenes and in that scene, but honestly, the character design is the major problem...
Old 2014-05-24, 18:00   Link #23
Jerseykid

Flying Tatsuya is the best
Old 2014-05-24, 18:02   Link #24
GDB

Really enjoyed this episode a LOT more than the previous ones. Hopefully the whole crime syndicate thing isn't a big deal in the upcoming arc. I'd like to just get some competitive magic slice of life stuff for a while.
Old 2014-05-24, 18:05   Link #25
kagato3

Scene where they were trying to find people to be techs for the games comes off a lot more like they already wanted him and were trying to get him trapped in to agreeing which is why Tatsuya tryed to bolt. When you keep in mind they pulled this same stunt to get him on the DC and Mayumi has been hinted to be a bit more playful(ep 2 and the 3rd mini ep) I was wait for one of them to start going hint hint at the end of their lines.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2014-05-24, 18:15   Link #26
Wandering Soul

Well they did remove some of the humor in the original scenes but at least they finally introduced one of my favorite characters Mikihiko.
Old 2014-05-24, 18:51   Link #27
passin'gass
Cropduster

So that's what they look like..
Eimi and Kanon
Old 2014-05-24, 18:52   Link #28
millie10468

Quote:
Originally Posted by passin'gass View Post
Eimi and Kanon
Kanon looks way different than i thought

But it might hit an iceberg...
Old 2014-05-24, 19:21   Link #29
Divini
Senpai!

Quote:
Eimi and Kanon
Eimi is cute. That long red hair and those eyebrows

For some reason I expected Kanon's hair to be red and longer, since it would suit her personality. Maybe watching Erika influenced that.
Old 2014-05-24, 19:44   Link #30
kyuudere

Quote:
Eimi and Kanon
Kanon :3
I love her VA, but unfortunately she's not talking too much in this episode.

=====

The scene where Tatsuya tried to escape from SC room cause he got a feeling that Mayumi will get him more troublesome works almost made me laugh.
It's just like Oreki who always fleeing when see Chitanda

======
Mikihiko >_<
I think his VA really fit him :3

and wow He blush easily (LOL)
and the parts when Tatsuya really don't know what bloomer is, and Leo thought it's some of maniac hobbies in the ancient times (and he got kicked by Erika) is really funny
Old 2014-05-24, 19:47   Link #31
Xacual

Wasn't Kanon a brunette in the novels?

Anyway happy we're finally getting to the arc I was waiting for.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2014-05-24, 19:52   Link #32
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Decent intro episode to the next arc. Glad we're finally done with the pointless discrimination stuff and get to what really matters. Magic sports tournaments.

Erika with good old bloomers scene. Everyone having no idea what this ancient japanese piece of fashion is was funny.

Tatsuya didn't seem to offer as much resistance to joining the team in the discussion with the council, but I guess that's just what you expect to be lost in adaptation in these things. We just see him being cold and robotic on the outside, but we miss him in his head going all "oh good grief" "how unfortunate" and annoyance and paranoia about everyone him lol.
I never understood the bloomer fetish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
But then again, things will get bad again since Tatsuya is informed to be careful.
What is Tatsuya surprised about?

First Blanche used the students to launch an attack and doing some theft.
And in this episode there are some chances that students from each multiple school might get attacked since criminals are lurking around where Nine School Competition going to be held.

So these kinds of things happens often in "Mahouka KouKou's" world.
Nah. Don't take this for granted. These things never happened in previous years and magic high school is relatively new. This is also a MAGIC high school so the stakes are gonna be a bit higher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozmdan View Post
A very interesting episode, he proves that something fundamentally flawed is still possible. For someone who doesn't appear to want to stand out he's doing the opposite pretty well.
It's the usual "protagonist can't take five steps without getting caught up in some crazy adventure."

Quote:
Eimi and Kanon
Eimi's hair is a little too wild. It was a lot straighter in the manga. She always annoyed me.
Old 2014-05-24, 19:55   Link #33
The Green One

Surprised I haven't seen any comments about Mr. Dude who looks like a lady who debuted in this episode.
Old 2014-05-24, 20:07   Link #34
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

even if they have to cut some details away, some need to stay. I'm a little disappointed in the episode it felt rushed.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Old 2014-05-24, 20:09   Link #35
bakato

I wonder how anime-only viewers feel about this sudden influx of characters?
Old 2014-05-24, 20:18   Link #36
passin'gass
Cropduster

The girly-boy can stay anonymous There's a reason I didn't post his pic.

Who is this? Satomi Subaru?

Edit: yup its her alright
Old 2014-05-24, 20:26   Link #37
Rava

Now that I think about it, Kanon reminds me of Kurosaki Shuri from Asura Cryin. Just purple instead of black hair.
Old 2014-05-24, 20:50   Link #38
MCAL

Was a decent introduction to the arc I suppose, but sometimes I feel Madhouse (Or the LN) just throws out terms without proper explanation. I could barely keep up with half the words in Suzune's explanation.
Old 2014-05-24, 21:08   Link #39
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
The gushing over Tatsuya was done a little bit over the top for my taste in this episode. Aside from that the usual setting up. We get to know a little bit more about what Tatsuya's doing behind the scenes. Once again Ono-sensei popped up, still can't get used to her voice though.

Miyuki looked great this episode, liked the floating sequence in the end, although the one in the beginning was also pretty good. Aside from her Mari eating was also pretty cute while I like Mayumi's playful personality.
This is pretty close to my own take on the episode. It was an interesting and enjoyable episode, but the Tatsuya promotion in this episode was a bit overly thick for me.

However, there are small solaces here. At least Tatsuya doesn't yet appear to be the best player on his futuristic soccer team - That appears to be this Yoshida guy. And I sincerely hope it remains Yoshida, as it would be nice for somebody to be better at Tatsuya at something of significance, even if it is sports.

Another thing that helps take some of a Gary Stu edge off of Tatsuya is the fact that female characters in this show are actually allowed to like somebody other than the male lead. This is something I very much like about Mahouka - It gives it a nice realism edge over harem anime for me (ironic, though, given how Tatsuya would in fact work as a guy that all the girls went for ). First Mibu and Kirihara end up as a pairing, and now there's an implication that Erika and this Yoshida guy have a childhood friendship bond, and a possible future romance between them. This show is remarkably kind to its wingmen.

As for the new girls, Eimi bears a close resemblance to Love Lab's Yuiko Enomoto...

I hope the similarity also extends to personality, because that would add some very nice spunk and flavor and zaniness to the cast.

On the whole, this arc is off to an excellent start. Definitely looking forward to more.
Old 2014-05-24, 21:15   Link #40
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
However, there are small solaces here. At least Tatsuya doesn't yet appear to be the best player on his futuristic soccer team - That appears to be this Yoshida guy. And I sincerely hope it remains Yoshida, as it would be nice for somebody to be better at Tatsuya at something of significance, even if it is sports.
That was just PE class, not anything important.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Closed Thread