AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-06-21, 16:34   Link #81
RJ TAYLER

My condolences to her friends and family, not to mention her many fans (of which I am one). A sidebar she was one of the few who never actually 'travelled' with The Doctor. It also leaves Katy Manning (Jo Jones-Grant) as the sole surviving female companion/assistant of the Third Doctor's era.
Old 2012-07-26, 08:13   Link #82
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

MLP fans and Whovians rejoice!

Chrono Trigger and Doctor Who crossover!

A Doctor Who 16 bit RPG would be awesome.

Another sad news. Mary Tamm, the actress who played Romana has passed away from cancer at aged 62.

Source

Last edited by james0246; 2012-07-26 at 08:54.
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 09:01   Link #83
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

I love that Dr Whooves is canon now.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 11:31   Link #84
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Dr. Who is on the cover of EW this week - the first time an English TV show has ever graced the cover of the magazine. Between BBC America and Craig Ferguson, our once niche fandom has suddenly become incredibly mainstream.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 08:45   Link #85
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

New trailer!

Old 2012-08-02, 10:54   Link #86
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
New trailer!

So many Daleks! :O
Old 2012-08-02, 12:31   Link #87
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Was that a baby weeping angel?
Old 2012-08-05, 09:01   Link #88
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
So many Daleks! :O
Apparently they got every version of the Daleks from the First Doctor era to the current era. I wonder how will all these Daleks will get along since they either Davros loyalists, Imperial Daleks, Daleks created from human cells, Davros own cells or pure Dalek DNA.

Speaking of the First Doctor, some one colored the farewell scene between the Doctor and his granddaughter Susan.

Old 2012-08-05, 12:52   Link #89
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I'm a rather new Doctor Who fan, who has only started watching the 1st Doctor for the past month. I've done quite alot of research in the series as well.

The departure of Susan is two levels of sadness, one being the grand daughter of the Doctor and being the first companion to leave, the other being that the actress Carole Ann Ford requested to leave the cast because she felt that Susan is written badly and had poor development.

Susan was introduced in the first episode to be a genius by human standards and could outwit both Ian and Barbara. But as the episodes go on, she seems to be stuck in the role of being the damsel in distress. Every episode she would do something careless and get herself in trouble, scream, faint and require someone to rescue her.

I think after her departure, the writers realised that they need to give the female companions better roles and the following companions, Vicki and Dodo seemed to be much more competent, less a screamer, even though still reckless.

Susan could have been a much better character and better remembered, especially since she was the person who named the TARDIS.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 19:06   Link #90
Lost Cause

WOW! I can't believe I've missed out on this thread!!
I came to know the Doctor on PBS and they were showing Tom Baker, I was totally hooked on it and tuned in every Sunday night at 11pm
My favorite Doctors are: Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker, Slyvestor McCoy, and David Tennent. Although Matt is growing in me.
Favorite villians; Daleks, the Master, Cybermen, and the Sontorians. And those angels gave me nightmares!@.@!
And since nobody has said it; I MISS K-9!!!
And something for everybody:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCOywE82jR4&sns=em
And for us fans of the Doctors most loyal companion:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE4XoZcSZ-Y&sns=em

Last edited by Lost Cause; 2012-08-07 at 12:25.
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 06:16   Link #91
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
New trailer!
Looking at this trailer, I am once again reminded of the little fact that The Doctor is the most psychopathic pacifist of the galaxy.

The Doctor is a good man. He always was, and still is. But a good man is far less merciful when it comes time to kill for a good cause.
Old 2012-08-07, 08:39   Link #92
Bri

^^Reminds me of a Pratchett quote:

"If you have to look along the shaft of an arrow from the wrong end, if a man has you entirely at his mercy, then hope like hell that man is an evil man. Because the evil like power, power over people, and they want to see you in fear. They want you to know you're going to die. So they'll talk. They'll gloat.

They'll watch you squirm. They'll put off the moment of murder like another man will put off a good cigar.

So hope like hell your captor is an evil man. A good man will kill you with hardly a word.”
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 09:07   Link #93
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

That's a lot of daleks. Hope they bring out the weeping angels. I looked at the trailer that was posted but stopped at 10 seconds. Didn't want to spoil the surprise the Doctor just might give us. Unlike you guys, I have not seen all the previous doctors. I only have seen Chris Eccelston, David Tennant and Matt Smith, who is my fav actor for the Doctor. I am currently counting down the days to the air time which is on 25th August.

@ Lost Cause, I love the videos! I was hoping at some point in the orchestra video that the lights would suddenly go off and the weeping angels would appear out of nowhere. That would be epic!!

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________

The oldest question in the universe that no one knows the answer to and that is "Doctor Who?"
Midnight2352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 09:31   Link #94
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

Doctor who fans....

I have created a group for all of you, doctor who fans. Any Doctor Fan can join.
Midnight2352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 12:47   Link #95
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Looking at this trailer, I am once again reminded of the little fact that The Doctor is the most psychopathic pacifist of the galaxy.

The Doctor is a good man. He always was, and still is. But a good man is far less merciful when it comes time to kill for a good cause.
The fact that the Doctor isn't a man at all is a vital component of his character, one that the writers occasionally lose sight of (especially Davies) to the detriment of the series. The Doctor is indeed a good Gallifreyan, but the fact that he can't be defined by human moral standards is an enormous part of his appeal as a character.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 12:58   Link #96
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
The fact that the Doctor isn't a man at all is a vital component of his character, one that the writers occasionally lose sight of (especially Davies) to the detriment of the series. The Doctor is indeed a good Gallifreyan, but the fact that he can't be defined by human moral standards is an enormous part of his appeal as a character.
None the less, the human companions do play a part in forcing him to consider human moral values. Which is why he is at his most extreme when he is alone.
Old 2012-08-08, 20:36   Link #97
Lost Cause

My favorite secondary character; The Brigadier: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXEphaqrtYQ&sns=em
Fondly remembered!:sniff:
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 00:40   Link #98
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Best character in the series? The Tardis.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-08-24, 15:07   Link #99
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Whovians rejoice! The good Doctor and his trusty companions return Sat Sept 1st! It will air on BBC and BBCA. Asylum of the Daleks is the first epi out! Remember the Ponds leave in the 5th epi, The Angels Take Manhattan. There's a teaser trailer out for that epi, I watched it 4 times....Moffat dont do that to me!

Edit, teaser added
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 15:10   Link #100
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Whovians rejoice! The good Doctor and his trusty companions return Sat Sept 1st! It will air on BBC and BBCA. Asylum of the Daleks is the first epi out! Remember the Ponds leave in the 5th epi, The Angels Take Manhattan. There's a teaser trailer out for that epi, I watched it 4 times....Moffat dont do that to me!
GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

Can't wait for more Doctor. I've been catching reruns of the last seasons on SciFi SyFy lately but I'm ready for something new.

Tags
science fiction