AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 53 39.26%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 21.48%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 15.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 5.93%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 5.19%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.48%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.74%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.48%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.74%
1 out of 10 : Painful 11 8.15%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-13, 13:31   Link #41
Kunagisa

There's absolutely no reason to post with spoilers past episode 1. If the people haven't watch the episode yet, they wander in wanting spoilers. With that said, good episode, but disgusting after taste.

The storyboard of this episode's S+ tier. Very direct, cheap and effective. Honestly, the balance between the two heroines are done very well. They chose this time to reveal the potential passing of Shoko's father to the cast, then adding in Saki's growing frustration with them not being the only ones that are special. Shoko determination to confess alternating Saki's resignation to the curse's power set up the heart-wrenching-ness of the situation very well. Saki doesn't want the rape, she just wanted to let him jack her body. You can tell she freaked out when he lunged at her. It's the moment she realizes the curse's power that she just resigns.

Honestly, what made it frustrating to watch at the end is that Saki says Shoko's name with honorifics. She still respects and likes Shoko. There's nothing less romantic than love starting with rape (if the situation even develops to that eventually), not to mention this is not the intention of either parties involved in this. Even if the situation returns to Haruto and Saki being "alone together", people will always say it's pity love. If Haruto ends up with Shoko, then that's even worse.

Very bad episode for Saki fan. VA interview did mention Saki is a very kind child, but I wish this is not the way they showed it.

PS: I did laughed quite stupidly when Haruto said Shoko's crying
PPS: Someone pointed this out at komica
They have 3 super animators doing the most traumatic episode, I can feel Okouchi's spite through my screen.

Last edited by Kunagisa; 2013-06-13 at 14:32.
Old 2013-06-13, 13:34   Link #42
Shinhwa
Banned

So Sunrise re-used a line they used before in GSD? XD
Old 2013-06-13, 13:34   Link #43
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
You are both right.
Spoiler for the scene:
Spoiler:
Old 2013-06-13, 13:36   Link #44
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

I did not watch the episode yet, but I will say this much.

Spoiler for Plot point question:
Old 2013-06-13, 13:37   Link #45
iCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Spoiler:
Beautiful, now that is something worth reading a post in the speculation thread. I would have never guessed that even though I like to theorize a lot. Sometimes the most obvious facts fly right above our heads. No sarcasm btw.

@Duel

It was rape at the start when she was resisting, then she finally accepted him, she liked him before hand, so it was easier to accept than actual real rapes.
Old 2013-06-13, 13:41   Link #46
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

So... Kind of yes and no?
Old 2013-06-13, 13:41   Link #47
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post

By the strict definition, yes you have to be unwilling.

Some would probably argue there's "the spirit of consent" just as there's "the spirit of the law" versus "the word of the law" and such. Though in this particular context, I would say that you can't exactly call it that since she consented. (as late as her consent may have been)
Old 2013-06-13, 13:41   Link #48
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

But hey guys, with Shoko x Haruto out of the way we might see more scenes between Shoko and L-Elf. At least their relationship won't have something like this.
Old 2013-06-13, 13:43   Link #49
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCK View Post
Beautiful, now that is something worth reading a post in the speculation thread. I would have never guessed that even though I like to theorize a lot. Sometimes the most obvious facts fly right above our heads. No sarcasm btw.
Thanks.

Spoiler:
Old 2013-06-13, 13:43   Link #50
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post

Spoiler for hide:
Old 2013-06-13, 13:45   Link #51
iCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
But hey guys, with Shoko x Haruto out of the way we might see more scenes between Shoko and L-Elf. At least their relationship won't have something like this.
You have to get rid of Lise, but it will probably happen. This is a love pentagon.
Saki <(friends)-(romantically)> haruto <(romantically)-(romantically)> Shoko (compliments her, lets her do what she wants, possible interest)-(possible interest, seeing she goes to him first to hand him a JIORian treat)> L-Elf <(no clue yet, but seeing she gave him her hair, possible romantic interest)-(possible romantic interest)> Liselotte

@Vallen

Possible rape for Haruto,

"Haruto is being raped by Saki and she's loving it. Why Haruto being raped? He can't mentally consent in a vampire rage fit, but Saki can."
Old 2013-06-13, 13:47   Link #52
finalfury
Incognito

So Sunrise is actually going through with what I believe to be a Saki x Haruto doomed/tragic(?) romance?
Feel really sad for Saki since he'll probably force himself to be with her out of obligation. My brain doesn't really want to process how Shouko will handle all of this.
Props to you Sunrise for taking chances that few animation studios will take in these recent years.
Old 2013-06-13, 13:49   Link #53
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Guys, the fact that HarutoxSaki is possibly starting this early in the series conversely indicates that we'll end with HarutoxShouko, you know. Since when has the final couple pairing ever been decided this early in the series? The early pairing is often a Doomed Couple Flag. Remember we have a season 2 in October.
Old 2013-06-13, 13:51   Link #54
Shinhwa
Banned

I wonder what will happen once Shouko finds about this x)

Saki: hey Shouko, I am pregnant now!!!

Shouko: WAS IT YOU HARUTO?!!!

Haruto: Boku janai~ Boku janai~!!
Old 2013-06-13, 13:51   Link #55
iCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Guys, the fact that HarutoxSaki is possibly starting this early in the series conversely indicates that we'll end with HarutoxShouko, you know. Since when is the final couple pairing decided this early in the series? Remember we have a season 2 in October.
As true as this is, it's not focused on romance. Baby steps is a manga for example, that already has their pair decided mid way through the series. Just like how this is. No doubt, things are subject to change, but for now it is still possible. Plus what Ghost said with the locket and date.

What one of my friends predicted
"L-Elf x Shoko
Haruto will end up being killed off.
Saki will be forever alone with an aborted child."
Old 2013-06-13, 13:52   Link #56
queenSwild

Spoiler for Shoko stuff:

Spoiler for Cain stuff:

Conclusion: Shoko's moon festival will go terribly wrong.
Old 2013-06-13, 13:53   Link #57
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Guys, the fact that HarutoxSaki is possibly starting this early in the series conversely indicates that we'll end with HarutoxShouko, you know. Since when is the final couple pairing decided this early in the series? Remember we have a season 2 in October.
I've grown more fond of the L-elf x Shouko pairing tbh, but thats only if the hime no hikari is dead or unable to be with L-elf.
Haruto x Saki make for a much more crazier pairing which kinda suits the craziness of this show but Saki is giving me the vibes of a tragic heroine and that adds to my bias. :/
Old 2013-06-13, 13:53   Link #58
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCK View Post
You have to get rid of Lise, but it will probably happen. This is a love pentagon.
Saki <(friends)-(romantically)> haruto <(romantically)-(romantically)> Shoko (compliments her, lets her do what she wants, possible interest)-(possible interest, seeing she goes to him first to hand him a JIORian treat)> L-Elf <(no clue yet, but seeing she gave him her, (possible romantic interest)-(possible romantic interest)> Liselotte
Lise's flag is high for being a support character and especially for being someone that close to L-Elf. Saki and Haruto relationship turn me off with this rape thing, I just hope they can develop Shoko and L-Elf better even if they don't end up together in the end.
Old 2013-06-13, 13:55   Link #59
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
So Sunrise is actually going through with what I believe to be a Saki x Haruto doomed/tragic(?) romance?
Feel really sad for Saki since he'll probably force himself to be with her out of obligation. My brain doesn't really want to process how Shouko will handle all of this.
Props to you Sunrise for taking chances that few animation studios will take in these recent years.
Like someone said earlier, it's pretty much a shotgun relationship between the two of them now. He's there out of obligation and she's there out of a mix between romantic feelings and being the only one able to handle/relate to him.

Spoiler:
Old 2013-06-13, 13:56   Link #60
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenSwild View Post
Spoiler for Shoko stuff:

Spoiler for Cain stuff:

Conclusion: Shoko's moon festival will go terribly wrong.
Damn, Shoko. My heart goes out to her. Ouch.