AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-11-06, 06:32   Link #1
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Atelier Escha & Logy

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-anime-in-2014

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=5251

Quote:
Game company Gust announced an anime adaptation of its Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky (Atelier Escha & Logy ~Tasogare no Sora no Renkinjutsushi~) game during its 20th anniversary presentation on Wednesday. The anime will debut next year from Studio Gokumi (Saki Zenkoku-hen, Kin-iro Mosaic). This will be the first television anime adaptation from the Atelier franchise.
Synopsis:

Quote:
This world has gone through many Dusks, and is slowly nearing its end. Within this world, in the western reaches of the "Land of Dusk," there was a nation that prospered thanks to its use of alchemy. There, in order to survive the eventual arrival of the "Dusk End," the people devoted their efforts to rediscover and recreate lost alchemic technologies. Rediscovered technology from the past era was gathered in the alchemy research city known as "Central," where research was conducted on how to halt the advance of the twilight. One of the heroes is a young man who researched alchemy in Central, the other a girl living in a small town on the frontier. This girl's name is Escha. In the process of using her knowledge of ancient alchemy to help others, she was assigned to the Development Department. The young man's name is Logy. Having learned the newest alchemic techniques in Central, he requested a transfer to this understaffed town to make use of his abilities, and meets Escha when he is assigned to the Development Department as well. The two make a promise to use their alchemy together, and bring success to the Development Department.

Last edited by Mura; 2013-11-06 at 06:52.
Mura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 06:46   Link #2
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

This will be the first television anime adaptation from the Atelier franchise.

Oh my god. My body isn't totally ready for this.
ultimate_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 07:59   Link #3
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
I'm going to be frank and a bit of an ass (but likely true). I think this series is gonna suck like 95% of game adaptations out there. Even more so because this game franchise is in summary is moe + alchemy, which means there isn't "substance" to much to animate.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 08:17   Link #4
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
As long as it has romance..... game.^^
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 09:28   Link #5
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
I'm going to be frank and a bit of an ass (but likely true). I think this series is gonna suck like 95% of game adaptations out there. Even more so because this game franchise is in summary is moe + alchemy, which means there isn't "substance" to much to animate.
actually this one have solid story. not just "lets help everyone" slice of life. but also "save the world" type of story

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 14:10   Link #6
Sumeragi
Banned

Never played the games, but I have high expectations.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 14:59   Link #7
ujiuji

That's got to be one of the most contrived titles I've seen in a long time! Still, it made me smile.
ujiuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 15:15   Link #8
Dextro
He Without a Title

Ok chalk me up as interested. I know this is just an ad for the game but I've been meaning to check out the Atlier series anyway.
Old 2013-11-06, 15:20   Link #9
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

cannot wait for OST thought. gust vocal track is stellar

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ujiuji View Post
That's got to be one of the most contrived titles I've seen in a long time! Still, it made me smile.
it reference to this thought

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eschatology

Old 2013-11-06, 15:35   Link #10
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

This... I did not see this one coming... 0_o

I'm glad that they chose to go with this game but I had assumed they would have picked the first game or something
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 15:55   Link #11
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
This... I did not see this one coming... 0_o

I'm glad that they chose to go with this game but I had assumed they would have picked the first game or something
Isn't the atelier series really, really old? Using the first game might not be the best choice

Anyway, this is certainly unexpected, yet not at the same time, since the series has had an anime-esque vibe for some time now, thanks in no small part to Kishida Mel's excellent work. There will definetly be those dissapointed with the choice of game here, but from what I've heard this is the most focused in action and story so it makes perfect sense (even if it means not getting a healthy dose of Meruru's legs)

Also, studio gokumi is a big name to me, having loved achiga-hen and kiniro mosaic. If this anime does something half as intense as Toki's ordeal, it will be a success in my eyes.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 16:02   Link #12
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Isn't the atelier series really, really old? Using the first game might not be the best choice

Anyway, this is certainly unexpected, yet not at the same time, since the series has had an anime-esque vibe for some time now, thanks in no small part to Kishida Mel's excellent work. There will definetly be those dissapointed with the choice of game here, but from what I've heard this is the most focused in action and story so it makes perfect sense (even if it means not getting a healthy dose of Meruru's legs)

Also, studio gokumi is a big name to me, having loved achiga-hen and kiniro mosaic. If this anime does something half as intense as Toki's ordeal, it will be a success in my eyes.
1) he mean first series of Sky trilogy. Atelier ayesha
2) Kishida Mel only do Arland trilogy. for this trilogy. the artist is Iruma Hitoma
3) depend. you can chose 2 protag in the game. Escha is more 2 alchemist while logy is more to action RPG. same general storyline thought. thought in general sense sky trilogy is more darker and serious than arland trilogy
4) this anime probably ad for third game just like other anime based on game.

Old 2013-11-07, 07:24   Link #13
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
It's middle-aged, I'd say. The first game was Atelier Marie in 1997; RPGs started having decent storylines around 1991.

I've never heard of Escha and Logy. It would be nice to get an adaptation of Atelier Iris 2 sometime, if only to see my waifu Viese.

Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 08:18   Link #14
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
1) he mean first series of Sky trilogy. Atelier ayesha
2) Kishida Mel only do Arland trilogy. for this trilogy. the artist is Iruma Hitoma
3) depend. you can chose 2 protag in the game. Escha is more 2 alchemist while logy is more to action RPG. same general storyline thought. thought in general sense sky trilogy is more darker and serious than arland trilogy
4) this anime probably ad for third game just like other anime based on game.
1) Oh, ok. My mistake.
2) From what I've seen and read, the arland trilogy seems to be the most known representative of the series, and I'm sure the designs helped a bit in that. Or maybe I just like Kishida's Mel work thst much
3) If it takes itself more seriously it's probably a better candidate for a series, and I think studio Gokumi can pull a dual protagonists kind of thing, being good at funny slice of life (kiniro mosaic) as well as intense moments (achiga-hen).
4) Doesn't necesarily mean the series will be bad, I doubt the plot is as big as Persona 4 or as messy as Blazblue's
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 11:17   Link #15
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

They should have tried for Ayesha first, or the Arland 3x before going into E&L. Dealing with 2 main characters at once doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 11:36   Link #16
Vito
Asshole.

This is getting boring, it's just a cut out video of the announcement from the whole presentation officially uploaded on youtube:

http://youtu.be/KHBBzTIHAh4?t=16m17s
Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 17:14   Link #17
VampirePaladin

I am excited for both the anime and the English release of the game. I hope they at least have a cameo of Ayesha in the anime.
VampirePaladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 10:28   Link #18
Kirayuki

Confirmed to start airing in April
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-21240.html
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 18:55   Link #19
tsunade666

I don't have a ps3 so I haven't played the newer version of atelier series but I have played all the older ones and I love the game so I'm surprised for an adaptation. But from what I remember in the games I played. It gave a SoL feeling while doing quest and in the end saving the world. haaa.... feeling nostalgic. I haven't played the series for a long time now.

I'm excited for this one.
Old 2014-01-15, 01:37   Link #20
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
You played before? Just wondering...