AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-16, 20:51   Link #1441
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Who in the hell picked this pig for a Moderator?
Candy Crowley is CNN's chief political correspondent and anchor of the Sunday morning political talk show, State of the Union.

Until further notice, it's the people who are asking the questions. In normal time, Candy is someone I do appreciate having her input on TV when it comes to politics.
Old 2012-10-16, 20:53   Link #1442
Kurohane

That was another questioner.
Old 2012-10-16, 20:53   Link #1443
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
Candy Crowley is CNN's chief political correspondent and anchor of the Sunday morning political talk show, State of the Union.

Until further notice, it's the people who are asking the questions. In normal time, Candy is someone I do appreciate having her input on TV when it comes to politics.
She's a POS and I'm not afraid to say it to her face. This is an embarrassment.
Old 2012-10-16, 20:55   Link #1444
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
I disagree 100%. What the hell is she doing bringing up Bush? Why is this whole thing 2v1? Once again the Democrat gets 2 minutes more of talking time as another debate goes on.

Where in the hell are the un-biased, intelligent moderators? 3 in a row that are absolutely horrible, and this is not doing our political system any justice.
It's a legitimate question. The policies advocated by Mitt Romney are the same as the party that the previous administration was in.

PLUS! This is a town hall debate. It's a question that people asked. :/

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Old 2012-10-16, 20:55   Link #1445
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post

I don't see any difference between Republican candidates unless it comes to a special character like Ronald Reagan.
Except Romeny is far from a typical traditional Republican. Many of today's Republicans make me feel a bit reluctant to tell people that I'm of Republican alignment.
Old 2012-10-16, 20:57   Link #1446
james0246

Quote:
I disagree 100%. What the hell is she doing bringing up Bush? Why is this whole thing 2v1? Once again the Democrat gets 2 minutes more of talking time as another debate goes on.

Where in the hell are the un-biased, intelligent moderators? 3 in a row that are absolutely horrible, and this is not doing our political system any justice.
Considering the very next question was from a previous Obama voter questioning why he should even begin to think of voting for Obama, I think you are jumping to conclusions way to soon. Additionally, Romney wasted a minute of his time time by addressing Obama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post

Candy and her team picked the question.
Old 2012-10-16, 20:57   Link #1447
justinstrife

Quote:
It's a legitimate question. The policies advocated by Mitt Romney are the same as the party that the previous administration was in.

Again, why in the hell are the Democrats given so much more time? 3 debates now, and we're talking almost 6 more minutes of talk time. Every debate has been this way(not counting all the times Ryan was interrupted in the last debate).

Oh well. You all are in Obama's camp anyway. I'm just browsing all the different forums seeing what all is being mentioned.

I cannot stand these Moderators. Not a damn bit.
Old 2012-10-16, 20:57   Link #1448
GDB

Hahaha. Romney speaking of Obama:

"He's a gre-gr-g-ggre-great speaker."
Old 2012-10-16, 21:00   Link #1449
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Hahaha. Romney speaking of Obama:

"He's a gre-gr-g-ggre-great speaker."
This town hall format is not his forte. Too bad there's no "corporations are people" question.
Old 2012-10-16, 21:00   Link #1450
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Considering the very next question was from a previous Obama voter questioning why he should even begin to think of voting for Obama, I think you are jumping to conclusions way to soon. Additionally, Romney wasted a minute of his time time by addressing Obama.
In fact he seems to waste a lot of his general time simply addressing the president. Why not try and explain your plans with more detail with that time. You can still address the president by tying it in with your own detailed points, but he seems intent on just dragging it on and on about what Obama has done wrong and how he himself has such experience in business.

If he used his time better he wouldn't have to feel like interrupting everytime he is dissected or called out to explain specifics.

Quote:
Again, why in the hell are the Democrats given so much more time? 3 debates now, and we're talking almost 6 more minutes of talk time. Every debate has been this way(not counting all the times Ryan was interrupted in the last debate).
Are you actually timing these. To me it seems to be very inconsistent between the two on both sides (at least for this debate).
Old 2012-10-16, 21:02   Link #1451
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:

Oh well. You all are in Obama's camp anyway. I'm just browsing all the different forums seeing what all is being mentioned.

I cannot stand these Moderators. Not a damn bit.
Considering that in the first debate Obama was interrupted multiple times, that Talk time clock is completely skewed.

Secondly I'd have voted for Jill Stein, Not Barack Obama if the 2 party system wasn't that strong.

The past 2 moderators are great IMO.

As for the question picking, they are trying to be "balanced" as you pointed out.

Old 2012-10-16, 21:06   Link #1452
justinstrife

Quote:
Considering that in the first debate Obama was interrupted multiple times, that Talk time clock is completely skewed.

Secondly I'd have voted for Jill Stein, Not Barack Obama if the 2 party system wasn't that strong.

The past 2 moderators are great IMO.

As for the question picking, they are trying to be "balanced" as you pointed out.
I love how Obama flat out lied about the Arizona Immigration law.
Old 2012-10-16, 21:08   Link #1453
Xagzan

Quote:
Yep. However, also missing is mention of Mitt's vow to drop any federal challenge to the law if president.

So, it's really not any better.
Old 2012-10-16, 21:08   Link #1454
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Lied?!?!, its more than a half-truth. I got a friend that went through that. True Story.
Old 2012-10-16, 21:09   Link #1455
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Even if the 2-party system is strong, that doesn't mean the leaders of the most proeminent non traditional parties should be left out from the debate. Clinton was quite imaginative back then when M. Nader was invited.

Historically in many Western countries, it's mostly bipolar. However, the laws do allow "independents" to be part of the debate and this kind of event should be a window of opportunity for non traditional parties to have some visibility. It would be interesting to have Jill Stein or whoever else have a part in this.
Old 2012-10-16, 21:09   Link #1456
justinstrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
Lied?!?!, its more than a half-truth. I got a friend that went through that. True Story.
I'm an Arizona resident and friends with more than a couple of border patrol agents. Your friend must have done something else to be stopped and approached by agents.
Old 2012-10-16, 21:09   Link #1457
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Tis true and Romney once again kind of wasted his time drawing out his correcting of it. A lot of what he says can be summed up much quicker than how he has been going at it. Romney needs to use more of his time addressing the questions instead of drawing out his rebuttals.
Old 2012-10-16, 21:09   Link #1458
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
Lied how? But this is a different topic altogether. I have very differing views on this issue as I myself am an immigrant and have been surrounded by "illegal aliens" that are as much Americans as the next guy down the street.

Old 2012-10-16, 21:12   Link #1459
justinstrife

Quote:
Lied how? But this is a different topic altogether. I have very differing views on this issue as I myself am an immigrant and have been surrounded by "illegal aliens" that are as much Americans as the next guy down the street.
Half of my friends have come to the U.S. from all over the world. They did things the legal way. NONE of them have sympathy for illegal immigrants who refuse to go through the correct channels and get in line like everyone else. They spend years and thousands of dollars going through all the proper paperwork to be here legally, and to be American Citizens. Why should what they've gone through, be bypassed by those who won't do it the right way? Try it anywhere else in the world, and see how well you are treated...

I'm seeing different numbers here... Has Obama talked for 2 or 3 minutes more than Romney already? CNN on my end hasn't been showing the clock, and I have had to find it on another network...

Damn I can't multi-task like I use to. 5 different forums and Facebook... I'm losing track of conversations....
Old 2012-10-16, 21:15   Link #1460
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
Half of my friends have come to the U.S. from all over the world. They did things the legal way. NONE of them have sympathy for illegal immigrants who refuse to go through the correct channels and get in line like everyone else. They spend years and thousands of dollars going through all the proper paperwork to be here legally, and to be American Citizens. Why should what they've gone through, be bypassed by those who won't do it the right way? Try it anywhere else in the world, and see how well you are treated...
Yeah, I know how expensive and time consuming it is to go through the immigration system legally.

There's a whole system of quotas where some people languish in Visa hell for 20 years just to get here at times. But that highlights the problems of the immigration system, that it should be reformed, not wasting money on giant fences, etc.

But alas we are getting off tangent here. We know the positions on this issue, and we'll just go on circular arguments per usual.

Closed Thread