AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2009-03-04, 12:33   Link #61
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

My picks for Spring

The 'poster' or collage of animes to be released next season is really helpful . The posters and teaser summaries do give us a vague idea of what to expect . Nicely done kudos to the creator . The animes I look forward to can be broadly classified into three categories depending level of intrest they have generated Must.See, Will.Have.A.Look and May.Check.It.Out

Must.See

* FMA : No explanation needed: )

* Phantom : The art looks stunning the plot is unique and story is interesting . I am sold on this one.

* 07 Ghost : I love supernatural and I love comedy , a perfect combo of both . Other than that, the summary in the thread seemed to grab my attention.

Will.Have.A.Look

* Edin of the East : The poster is clever very intrigued about this show

* Basara : Seems like a good anime to give me my shonen dose.

* Shangri La : The concept is good and the art of poster has come out nice . I like the shading

May.Check.It.Out

* Cobra : I used to watch the original series some time back . Want too see how its packaged and rehashed for 2009.

* Senjo no Valkyria : Did I forget to say I love stories with military politics.

Surprise Package for the Spring Season may be Rainbow Nisha . the only reason its not on my list is I dont like Realistic period Dramas
Old 2009-03-08, 00:07   Link #62
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Just a quick list of what seems interesting:

Definitive watching:
Full Metal Alchemist
Valkyria Chronicles
Pandora Hearts
Hayate no Gotoku 2
Tears to Tiara
Natsu no Arashi

Likely to watch:
Shangri-La
Guin Saga
Basara
Saki
Queens Blade
07-Ghost but the pic looks like a yaoi show (and Im immediately dropping it if thats the case)
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 05:28   Link #63
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Any definitive airing dates on any of them?

Well I've ordered them according to interest.

Will definitely watch:

1. Shangri-La - I am STRANGELY intrigued by the vague premise and the weapon that girl is holding. It's also Gonzo!
2. K-On - Feels like Mannabi Straight, one of my favorite SoL school series of all time. I hope it doesn't disappoint. Also, I <3 KyotoAni
3. Rainbow Nisha - It looks dark, brooding, and touches on a subject I have seen very little of anywhere. Definitely interesting.
4. Tears to Tiara - If the Utawarerumono staff is on it then count me in!

Will check out:
1. Hanasekeru Seishounen - I like the animation. Not a lot of info on the studio though.
2. Cross Game - I'm not the biggest sports anime fan, but worth checking out anyway.
3. Natsu no Arashi - I have to find my post-Clannad fix somwhere.
4. Eden of the East - Similar premise as so many other shows, but I'll give it a shot.
5. Pandora Hearts - Currently my Shakugan no Shana replacement until it finally airs, and if SnS finally gets its act together.

Will at least watch the 1st episode first:
1. Asura Crying - My gut tells me to stay the hell away, but whatever.
2. Guin Saga - Feels like an RPG to anime port, and those two don't necessarily go together.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2009-03-18 at 02:25.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-11, 01:31   Link #64
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Probably will end up dropping series after a few eps, but I'll try to actually finish one this time around... if I'm not busy playing eroge.

Most likely watching: K-ON!, Saki, Tayutama

Will check out: Asura Cryin', Pandora Hearts, Shangri-La, Tears to Tiara
Old 2009-03-15, 02:11   Link #65
Yaluen
銀髪冒險家兼少女殺手

Spring's here already...how time flies. So let's start with the worst and work our way up the list.

Series I definitely WON'T be watching:
FMA - how is it any different from reading the manga, anyway?
K-On - KyoAni =/= must-watch, contrary to what most people would think
Saki - Oh god...Hikaru no Go + Mahjong + loli with a bust? Stop, just please, stop. While the mahjong aspect is very alluring, I must resist, lest it scars me from ever playing a game of mahjong ever again
Tears to Tiara - I was actually kinda bored by Utawarerumono's story in the game, to tell you the truth. Now take away the gameplay elements, and here you've got an empty-shell of a generic SRPG story. Why not just play the game, really?
Hayate no Gotoku - have long been disillusioned by the manga series. I'm surprised I'm even still following it
Fight Ippatsu! Juuden-Chan - LAST series I expected to get made into an anime. Made by same person who did Kissxsis, and...well...<_<;

Possibly a glance at...
Sengoku BASARA - despite being a fan of the Sengoku era, the flanderization of the characters in the game is just...too much
Valkyria Chronicles - Well I enjoy a good war drama, being based off a game means it heavily depends on how the story pulls through without the gameplay
07 Ghost - probably a good story, but it reeks of ho yay...
Natsu no Arashi - as with School Rumble, rather be reading the manga if it's good
Tayutama - OBVIOUSLY a moe-trap
Asura Cryin - the thing about this kind of series is that it's heavily depended on the main character's personality. Automatic drop if he acts too much like an average high schooler
Shangri La - sigh...whatever

Series I have confidence in...
Soten Koro - BIG fan of Romance of the Three Kingdoms. Move aside, Liu Bei, Cao Cao's the main character now, and he's out to kick some serious ass (So what if I like history dramas?)
Pandora Hearts - Manga tends to be confusing at parts, but the story's actually pretty intriguing, and I have a feeling it might be the star of this season
Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica Crimson S - Reminds me of the manga series Tena On S-String, and since that's not going to be getting an anime anytime soon, I'll settle with something like it.
Phantom - I really hope they don't mess around with the "Japanese view on America" thing too much...
Yaluen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 04:00   Link #66
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Seems I'm going to have a busy spring this year among with older anime I still haven't seen ;d.

Looking forward to :
FMA
Shangri-La
Saki ( Just because of Rie ;P )
Pandora Hearts
HnG2
Asura Cryin'
Hatsukoi Gentei
07-Ghost
Tears to Tiara

Curious about :
Senjou no Valkyria
Shinkyoku Soukai
Phantom
Natsu no Arashi

Mm.. can't wait.
Old 2009-03-18, 09:13   Link #67
othera

FMA is the only one i will watch for sure, some of these sound a bit... werid... saki and such.

Tayutama and tears to tiara certainly look good, and a few others look worth checking out.
othera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 18:30   Link #68
Celestial Kitsune
Myobu

Here is my Spring 2009 Preview
Celestial Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 11:24   Link #69
christine_cute
A total anime freak^^

has anyone heard abou LaMB?
LaMB is animax's FIRST original animation movie which is released this march.....

For furthur information......visit the site www.animax-lamb.com.....

Its an action and romance movie that features a deserted planet called Cerra(inhabited by humans after earth's population increased drastically) where there is a different form of slavery.....people who have comitted a crime are forced to wear laminated suits and follow each instruction of government......they don't have control over their emotions or actions.........

Last edited by christine_cute; 2009-03-19 at 15:01.
christine_cute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 13:50   Link #70
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

Any new series along the lines of Clannad or Toradora?
Yukinokesshou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 15:37   Link #71
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Phantom looks like it'll be decent.
Old 2009-03-22, 09:24   Link #72
Unregistered00

Not a lot of interesting stuff in store for the next season except maybe for K-On.
Unregistered00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 19:26   Link #73
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
This time I am the harbinger of Anime History's Seasonal Preview, joined as always in writing it up by Deathkillz (a.k.a Deathasaurus a.k.a Desy), Skyfall (a.k.a. Sky a.k.a Dr. Doom) and Klashikari (a.k.a Klash a.k.a Blue Fixer). The difference of opinion between us on this seasons upcoming shows was staggering, even to me, so I can't really say you'll be lacking for variety in this one at all. Enjoy the fireworks.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 17:30   Link #74
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
I'm a bit surprised with myself that quite a few animes don't attract me like it used to. Guess I'm getting old or I watched too much, or too few.

In any case, I'll check out :

Full Metal Alchemist = Man this was one legendary anime. Watching Edward and his bro Al was always a pleasure. Oh, and Ed is not that short =)
Queen's Blade = Only girl characters? Fight wrapped up with possible yuri scenes? Hell yeah!
Tears to Tiara = Game was excellent, so no reason not to check out the anime.
Natsu no Arashi = Because I feel like looking into it.
Old 2009-03-26, 23:11   Link #75
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
I definitely want to watch:

FMA II
Pandora Hearts-hear it's awesome and I like the art style and it seems so interesting...
07-Ghost-Pretty bishounen? Possible yaoi slash? YEah, I'm THERE!
(besides the main character looks cuuuuuuuuuute!! )
Gokujou-sounds like a harem version of Kodocha and I'm ALL over THAT!

And other titles that look really good to me:

Asura Cryin'
Shinkyoku Soukai-I LOVE the character design...for some reason it looks 90s style and sorta dark...but I really love it!
Tayutama....looks cute but hopefully not too ecchi like Kanokon was....

Last edited by Chiibi; 2009-03-26 at 23:42.
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 06:19   Link #76
solomon

FMA

Will check out Eden of the East, though like previous noitamina show Library War, I have trouble buying the premise.

If A-list animators work on Basara, then ill give it a looky loo.

Everything else be damned.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 10:38   Link #77
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

My expectations for the following season:

-High expectations list:

Ristorane Paradiso: If this turns out to be in any way like Bartender, it is assured to be within my top 5 of the season
Fullmetal Alchemist: i've been following the manga all these years, and the original series was at the top of my favorite shounen series for a long time, so why not?
K-On: If fanboy is what you call those who like anything that kyoAni makes, then let that be my second name. (Well, actually it'd be the third given that I have a double first name, but for the sake of the argument let's say it's my second name). On a serious note, I should really force myself to see and appreciate(or not) the series for what it is... ... I should be able to do it with some training.

The 'the title and description sounds interesting, so why not?; category

Senjou no Valkyria -Gallian Chronicles: I have a love/hate relationship with this kind of series, but my masochist self cries for another one of these...
Tears to Tiara: The game was so so, and Utawarerumono has never ranked high in my list but Iiked the visuals(of Utawarerumono) and OST(of both series) a lot, so I guess i'm here for the eyecandy.
Shangri-La
Saki:The manga was kind of cute, but I should get the Akagi expectations out of my head or this will be a major fail for me,
Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~: On a second thought, Bee Train series are best viewed in a marathon, so I'll put this is a queue and wait for it to come out.
Hayate No Gotoku Season 2: I guess I have to finish the first season first... only 10 more episodes to go so why not.
Eden of the East: Interesting description + I.G Productions. Nuff said
Asura Cryin’: This one is only if I'm bored enough and I still have some time.

Last edited by Proto; 2009-03-27 at 12:05.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-28, 10:18   Link #78
Kirarakim

My only definite is Fullmetal Alchemist they are following the manga and I love that manga like nothing else.

I also think I will give Eden of the East a try as I love the look of the series and the trailer seemed interesting.

Other than that maybe Chi's New Address. Although like the first season it might be easier for me to follow when all the episodes are out.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-28, 10:49   Link #79
AceD
See You En' Tee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
The 'poster' or collage of animes to be released next season is really helpful . The posters and teaser summaries do give us a vague idea of what to expect . Nicely done kudos to the creator . The animes I look forward to can be broadly classified into three categories depending level of intrest they have generated Must.See, Will.Have.A.Look and May.Check.It.Out

Must.See

* FMA : No explanation needed: )

* Phantom : The art looks stunning the plot is unique and story is interesting . I am sold on this one.

* 07 Ghost : I love supernatural and I love comedy , a perfect combo of both . Other than that, the summary in the thread seemed to grab my attention.
the three am deff watching aswell, the others ill have to wait and see
AceD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 10:30   Link #80
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

My Spring Preview

I highly ask for any recommendations that you have. Please post them as comments to my preview.

Last edited by SeedFreedom; 2009-03-29 at 10:46.
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
japan