AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2010-08-15, 13:19   Link #141
solomon

Well everyone basically said what I wanted to.

Took too long
Great voices
cool preview, etc.

Ok, with Fumihiko Tachiki here, what major seiyuu HAVENT had an appearance in One Piece, honestly (Still waiting for Koichi Yamadera in some role).

Also, I just love these 70s style sound effects they use here.

Last edited by solomon; 2010-08-15 at 13:45.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 14:16   Link #142
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Took way too long .. Gotta hate the stalling just so that anime won't catch up to manga. I'm afraid this arc won't be as epic as it could because of all the stalling they will have to do.

Are we gonna have the characters talking for 90% of the episode once the battles seriously start, too ?

The only thing I'm waiting for currently is Luffy getting there and seeing Ace's reaction if any.
Old 2010-08-18, 13:18   Link #143
Blaine

I dont really like whitebeards voice just doesnt sound right i was expecting somthing deeper mor epic.
Old 2010-08-18, 14:13   Link #144
OgodItsKanon
ばかな王女様
*Artist

This arc's opening is just epic. It's sad but awesome at the same time. :]
Old 2010-08-18, 19:57   Link #145
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah they definitely stalled a lot, but hopefully the flow gets there now that the battle is really going. Really shows you how far things have come with seeing Mihawk in action again. A lot has really happened since that encounter in East Blue.

Going to be one insane fight with so many high level fighters in action here. Looking forward to Luffy and company also arriving and adding to it. Will be nice to see Ace's reaction to Luffy arriving to help in his rescue.
Old 2010-08-19, 17:38   Link #146
Kallen4life

sure picked a nice spot to end the episode

it's slow, but I still enjoy it .. if it picks up a bit it's gonna be beyond awesome

Mihawk should totaly be in DBZ xD

NEXT AKAINU YEEESSSSSSSSSSSS .. and Kizaru & Marco too
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 17:46   Link #147
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
I can already see in my mind Luffy screaming Aceeee and Ace's reaction... I wish it was Sunday already and next episode.. though with the stalling we're having, might not be until few episodes later for Luffy's arrival.

I wonder how many episodes from now as to when Luffy's crew will return from wherever they are and they will continue their adventures .. D:.. 100 ? 200 ? Haha, well either way as long as the series will keep going and nothing happens to the mangaka so that the manga wont stop, I guess I can wait ..
Old 2010-08-21, 21:44   Link #148
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

It's not going to happen for at least several episodes after this next one.

Incidentally, did anyone else get a Goku vibe watching Marco transform?
Old 2010-08-21, 22:30   Link #149
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

And Oars Jr. has arrived!

That huge chunk of ice Jozu threw seemed to have a little too much air hangtime, like gravity weakened for the sake of allowing Akainu to pulverise it. =/

Marco's azure-blue flames looked so fierce yet elegant.~
Old 2010-08-22, 00:13   Link #150
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
That huge chunk of ice Jozu threw seemed to have a little too much air hangtime, like gravity weakened for the sake of allowing Akainu to pulverise it. =/
I expect to get a lot of that... I mean really, Kizaru may be a light logia but i don't think he's supposed to be able to just float in the air the way he appears to... Not to mention that for someone who moves at the speed of light, his attacks seem pretty damn slow... really we are likely to see a lot of really long drawn out attacks, and a lot of frozen shocked faces. doing so for the sake of creating tension is one thing, but they go WAY beyond that

Though i think they could have done a better job with Marco, namely in really making it appear that he took physical damage before the flames healed him... y'know as opposed to having shcoked marines tell us
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 00:22   Link #151
solomon

Gotta take what you can get, Japanamation (yea I said it) is MURDER with the expository dialogue.

Still fun episode, both Akainu and Whitebeard are so badass.

Although One Piece generally is slow as hell, I think it works in this part of the story because there is so many players in action it gives the battle a sense of scope that frankly is kinda muted in the manga with it's rapid pacing.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 02:48   Link #152
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Not to mention that for someone who moves at the speed of light, his attacks seem pretty damn slow...
Kizaru obviously doesn't move at the speed of light, otherwise if he did there wouldn't be a single person besides Blackbeard capable of beating him. Kizaru is just very fast, but nowhere near light speed.

All in all, this was a superb episode. I was blown away by the animation.

Here's the preview for next week's episode: http://www.fujitv.co.jp/GPplayer/e/G...piece&type=flv
Old 2010-08-22, 04:30   Link #153
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
And Oars Jr. has arrived!
Easily the best part of the episode.

Pleased with this episode. If this level of pacing keeps up for the arc, then i'll be satisfied.
Old 2010-08-22, 07:31   Link #154
ReXcore
One Piece/Bleach&Naruto

Send a message via MSN to ReXcore
absolutely mindblowing, loving it....
ReXcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 07:39   Link #155
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Now that was an awesome episode. The animation was great overall, and the pace wasn't too bad either (hard to do worse than last week's episode). Highlights for me were Marco's entrance and Whitebeard and Akainu's interaction.

"Why don't you go light up some birthday cakes instead?" Haha.
Old 2010-08-22, 08:07   Link #156
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Kizaru obviously doesn't move at the speed of light, otherwise if he did there wouldn't be a single person besides Blackbeard capable of beating him. Kizaru is just very fast, but nowhere near light speed.

All in all, this was a superb episode. I was blown away by the animation.

Here's the preview for next week's episode: http://www.fujitv.co.jp/GPplayer/e/G...piece&type=flv
of course he does. He is light and as such can move at that speed. He can probably control how fast he moves etc. He still has to rematerialise which seems to take a few seconds.

Awesome episode. Joz was great, as was Marco. Both their abilities looked really nice.

I just love how Whitebeard looks down on the Admirals...even callin them 'brats' He's probably the only 1 who could get away with saying that because of his sheer badassness. Being the World's strongest man gives you that right to be an arrogant bastard.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 09:26   Link #157
Distinction

He cant move at lightspeed. Just for the brain to send signals to the body to move would be slower than lightspeed so he couldnt keep up with his body. People underrestimate "lightspeed". If this fruit would be really real life light than it would be by far the most broken DF and Rayleigh couldnt stop Kizaru if it really was lightspeed. So its "manga light" but therefore not really lightspeed.
Distinction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 10:16   Link #158
Slayerx

Quote:
Kizaru obviously doesn't move at the speed of light
"Ever been kicked at the speed of light?"
Ya one thing i loved about seeing him fight the supernovas was when he would kick and everything would slow down, showing that he was moving so quickly that the supernova's barely had the time to even register that they were about to be kicked in the face
Old 2010-08-22, 10:22   Link #159
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
"Ever been kicked at the speed of light?"
Ya one thing i loved about seeing him fight the supernovas was when he would kick and everything would slow down, showing that he was moving so quickly that the supernova's barely had the time to even register that they were about to be kicked in the face
Don't always take what the characters say literally. Kuma said that his pressure cannons deflect air at the speed of light, and yet Zoro was able to dodge 100 of them while exhausted after his battle with Oars.
Old 2010-08-22, 11:03   Link #160
Slayerx

Quote:
Don't always take what the characters say literally.
There is such a thing as suspension of disbelief... all in all what i'm really saying is that Kizaru's attacks should appear to be MUCH faster, and the only reason they seem as slow as they are is because of the anime's pacing