AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-08, 14:07   Link #121
Bern-san

God, I could listen to Debito's bambina for hours (and his route is the hottest of them all, with Jolly in a close second)

About episode 2, it followed an event of the common route of the game but obviously with changes. Remember to continue watching after the ending!
Now some rants:
Spoiler for episode 2:

Spoiler for Some of the scenes omitted:
Old 2012-07-08, 17:48   Link #122
Byakou

You can tell this is based on a game by how messed up the premise is. What is this, the middle ages? The guys are basically competing for a glorified free whore.
Byakou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 17:55   Link #123
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakou View Post
You can tell this is based on a game by how messed up the premise is. What is this, the middle ages? The guys are basically competing for a glorified free whore.
No not really, but I can tell based on your statement at you've pretty much rejected reality and substitute it for your own.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 18:03   Link #124
Vena
Carpe Diem

The pacing issues seem to be coming out in spades. The first episode was forgivable as an introductory episode, but I don't think we needed an entire (and the second episode mind you) other episode to use la bambina as an exposition wall on the sects of the family. This would have been better served to get spread out either through the tournament, assuming we get to one (have the different groups show of their strengths and roles through how they support their respective sect head; for example the information group would use their info gathering to be able to make plans and predictions. Show case it this way, don't just tell us by telling la bambina in an awkwardly transition and placed flashback (I was actually a bit confused at first that it WAS a flashback)). The episode could have also done with either a better story or less awkward stillness. Its hard to get emotionally attached to a cat, its harder to get emotionally attached to a simple plot when everything is choppy and the characters are explaining their roles still, and scene don't transition smoothly at all.

The plot of the episode felt, which is bothersome, inconsequential (and the tonal change was utterly bizarre: mafia infighting for next head to lets find this kittens owner!). You could have replaced the cat with a cabbage because the cat itself had little impact on the events aside from comedic gags because a cabbage would be unable to run away and it doesn't have a heart for la bambina to deus ex machina for a solution + power expositon (the whole resolution was rather unconvincingly bland as well, why not simply do this from the start and look for the one lady with THAT hair style). La bambina still doesn't feel like a character as her struggle isn't being presented very convincingly and I find myself more interested in the mystery surrounding the blondie with a sword than her.

Its been two episodes and something still continues to feel off. The animation is... poor and jerky (but the characters themselves are pretty even if they are stuck in still shots most of the time), but Space Brothers is reason enough to not judge a show on animation and as such its not what I'm holding against the show (a good plot and character dynamics can overcome poor quality just as good quality can be rendered meaningless by terrible plot and character dynamics... Aquarion ) (E7 is of course making this a hard excuse as its both pretty/fluid and with good plot and character dynamics).

Something is off, its bugging me because I can't quite put my finger on it.

I'll give it an episode or two more, if the next episode can get beyond exposition and start doing some consequential I might stick around.
Old 2012-07-08, 18:07   Link #125
Byakou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
No not really, but I can tell based on your statement at you've pretty much rejected reality and substitute it for your own.
Nice meme-philosophy you got there kid.

Why else would a bunch of guys compete for a chance at marrying a girl they don't even love?
Sex. You can tell yourself whatever you want in your head but that's a fact.
Old 2012-07-08, 18:15   Link #126
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Nice meme-philosophy you got there kid.
Why thank you it's not a very uncommon meme these days though.

Quote:
Why else would a bunch of guys compete for a chance at marrying a girl they don't even love?
And this is where you have exposed yourself to have never seen any episode yet- or if you have, you've pretty much written your own reality; The competition is not only for her hand in marriage, but also to become the next head of their organization- this was very clearly stated. I guess your thoughts of sex might have overwrite that particular detail?

Secondly, we already know of a fair number of guys fighting to help her and not for either trophies. Doesn't mean they don't hold a flame for her, but it certain throws your statement of their motives out of the window.
Old 2012-07-08, 18:22   Link #127
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:

And how would you know that they don't have any feelings for Felicita?

What you said is not a fact, but merely an interpretation.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 18:34   Link #128
Byakou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Why thank you it's not a very uncommon meme these days though.

And this is where you have exposed yourself to have never seen any episode yet- or if you have, you've pretty much written your own reality; The competition is not only for her hand in marriage, but also to become the next head of their organization- this was very clearly stated. I guess your thoughts of sex might have overwrite that particular detail?

Secondly, we already know of a fair number of guys fighting to help her and not for either trophies. Doesn't mean they don't hold a flame for her, but it certain throws your statement of their motives out of the window.
Of course you're conveniently choosing to leave out the details that don't fall in line with your opinion. You're the one who hasn't been listening. A number of the men have stated to be very interested in winning in order to get her, for less than moral reasons, Jolly and Debito for one. Even the blond boy that claims he wants to win in order to save her showed some hesitation at the thought of having her as wife. Fact is her position is extremely precarious. She's to be in an arranged marriage, and while some possible suiters look like decent people, there's also some of them who are less than savoury. If this wasn't an anime this would be a very serious situation that would yes, possibly entail rape for her depending on who wins. The premise is twisted, that's a fact.
Old 2012-07-08, 18:55   Link #129
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Of course you're conveniently choosing to leave out the details that don't fall in line with your opinion. You're the one who hasn't been listening. A number of the men have stated to be very interested in winning in order to get her, for less than moral reasons, Jolly and Debito for one. Even the blond boy that claims he wants to win in order to save her showed some hesitation at the thought of having her as wife. Fact is her position is extremely precarious. She's to be in an arranged marriage, and while some possible suiters look like decent people, there's also some of them who are less than savoury. If this wasn't an anime this would be a very serious situation that would yes, possibly entail rape for her depending on who wins. The premise is twisted, that's a fact.
Er m no I didn't- its right there in your quote 'a fair number of guys fighting to help her and not for either trophies.', since when does a 'fair number' means everybody? I never deny there 'might' be some that have that intention.

After all, if there was no danger, the 'good' ones wouldn't feel the need to fight for her.

Regardless, I have already pointed out that they would also be fighting for the position as the new head of the family, I would say that's a much stronger motivator .
Old 2012-07-08, 19:38   Link #130
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

I wanna like this show a lot, hopefully it doesn't become like Katekyo Hitman Reborn lite.
KleenexGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 22:17   Link #131
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Well, there, they threw the 'osananajimi' tag on NovaXFel... but I thought Liberta knew her as well way back then? Suspicious they say it of Nova but not Liberta, but maybe there's good reason why...

One thing I don't like though, is them making Luca the comic relief character. Seems like a 'bad reward' considering he was waiting on Felicita hand and foot ever since she was a kid.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 22:21   Link #132
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Well, there, they threw the 'osananajimi' tag on NovaXFel... but I thought Liberta knew her as well way back then? Suspicious they say it of Nova but not Liberta, but maybe there's good reason why...
The earlier character chart has Liberta as 'old friend' (osananajimi, pretty much) while Nova is the cousin character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
One thing I don't like though, is them making Luca the comic relief character. Seems like a 'bad reward' considering he was waiting on Felicita hand and foot ever since she was a kid.
Servants should stay as servants
Old 2012-07-08, 22:37   Link #133
HandofFate

Pacing issue with episode 2 was weird.
as an anime-only viewer, I had trouble figuring out if the whole episode was a flashback or The Next Day from episode 1.

They end up having a bunch of characters introduce her as if they just met, then she fights to get a position as head. Sounds like things that would happen when she first joined the family.

The way people are introducing themselves is weird too.
Like when The Moon showed up, he just randomly mentions he's part of the Moon arcana. I get he's saying that for the viewers, but why would any character talk like that when the person he's talking to already knows all this.

Still don't see the big deal with the 'forced marriage' thing anyway. Felicia seems to have gotten over it after a night's sleep as well. All is good.
Old 2012-07-08, 22:58   Link #134
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Still don't see the big deal with the 'forced marriage' thing anyway. Felicia seems to have gotten over it after a night's sleep as well. All is good.
She didn't get over it. She just found the determination to fight in the tounament and win her freedom on her own.

Also one thing no one seems to have mentioned here is that libertą translates to freedom. I think it's a pretty big hint concidering "attaining one's freedom" is pretty much the main theme of the series. Libertą also seems to be the only one who understood from the begining that more than getting married, what Felicitą doesn't want is to lose her freedom.
Old 2012-07-09, 01:41   Link #135
Bern-san

Like people said, it's not just Felicitį's marriage what they win but also the position of being the leader. Even though some have expressed desire to have her as their bride I haven't seen them have any motivation to become the new Papa for now.
And hey, don't people believe that Felicitį can win the Duello?
Don't know if they mentioned it but Papa and Mama will be participants.

In the game there's many random scenes like this episode, I fear they won't start giving answers and talk about some character issues (at least they've shown that something happens to Libertį's Arcana) until the last 3 episodes or so. I hope that at least we can have the backstory of all the guys and of course they'll have to explain things about Felicitį and so (don't know why they haven't mentioned how she spent her childhood since it was the first thing shown in the game and manga).

Talking about the meaning of their names, Felicitį means happiness.
Old 2012-07-09, 01:48   Link #136
Kazu-kun

^ Happiness and Freedom.

I like it. ^^
Old 2012-07-09, 06:05   Link #137
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Stopped watching about the time the third or so guy went "Hey my arcana is ---". I thought at least they would stop that crap in the first episode but nope. Wanted to like the show but when the second episode already feels like subpar filler...Shame that.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 08:18   Link #138
LKK

An episode about a lost kitten was not what I was expected from this series. I didn't mind it all that much because character interactions are what's driving me to watch the show at this point. But I absolutely didn't expect the character interactions to be spawned by a lost kitten.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 09:01   Link #139
ookamigirl

Liberta, Dante, Debito, Pace, Luca, Nova & Felicita.
I can choose my favorite ones already ^^
That Nova sure gets angry easily, but he also has a kind heart.
Little kitty sure caused a lot of problems, but Liberta & Luca were funny chasing it.
They should be training for the Arcana Duello. Can't wait for it to start!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 11:24   Link #140
lostcanvas

Hopefully the main girl has some good fight and not just waiting to be protected by the guys.. if not I will really just watch for the sake of the male characters instead.

Tags
reverse harem, shoujo