AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-10, 13:41   Link #241
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
@ Sageblink --Ichigo stated that Isshin was MIA --He couldn't ask him anything, even he wanted to because the mofo's were MIA
Old 2011-08-10, 13:56   Link #242
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
I just thought about something while typing this response...was it in this forum a user said, something to the effect of "Instead trusting the Fullbringers, Ichigo should have just asked Isshin how he got his Shinigami powers back "?
I just wondering, because last time I checked. Ichigo didn't know Isshin was a Shinigami at all. Nor did Isshin or anyone else tell Ichigo that Isshin lost his powers once and got them back. He has no idea,so he couldn't' have asked Isshin
As others have said, he did know his dad was a Shinigami. And while he may not have known whether or not his dad had used FGT himself, he did know how the technique worked. And I don't know about you, but going to somebody that knows about FGT and its consequences for help makes a lot more sense than playing "trust the kind stranger with the candy".

Quote:
I don't know if you this but Ichigo is the main character.. they are minor characters, and although they do have a role and impact on the story... they're still minor character.and so they get less panel time.
Even the hollow, because he's reiatsu that can walk and talk. You see him every time Ichigo uses his hollow powers, merely in different form. Besides you know he's there, do really have to see him all the time? Kubo shouldn't want you to get to attached to character that you barely see or intends to discard them once they're role is over
that's why I think you're just nit-picking..because the story has always been about Ichigo, not "Some Other Mofo"
Err, what does this have to do with what you quoted? He was pointing out plot elements that were dropped off to the side and never brought up again; what that has to do with Ichigo's status as the main character, I haven't the slightest idea. Those plot points could have been explored without affecting Ichigo's status as the main character in the least bit, so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Quote:
Nitpick # 2
Um hollows still eat people and before the SS, HM, FKT arcs Ichigo did do his job

Do you remember what that duty entails? The two worlds must continuously exchange souls. A Shinigami' role as an Soul Balancer means that he has to [LIST][*]perform Soul Burials so the wholes can pass on and re-enter the cycle of life [*]"purify" hollows of their sins" so the hollows can re-enter the cycle of life (meaning they have to fight the little bastards)

Ichigo said that he want to protect "A MOUNTAIN" of people not just his friends
As far as purifying hollows Ichigo has done his job in spades
The soul burial , he probably has but seriously he's been fighting ever since He got his own Shinigami Powers. He wasn't even in KT most of the time, and in the Deicide arc he did exactly what you're complaining about--He saved his classmates, along with everyone else in KT
Yes, this is what the first arc was about. Thing is, they didn't really go back to it. Yeah Hollows presumably continued eating people, but Ichigo, you know, stopping them from eating people wasn't returned to. It just kinda fell off.

And yeah, Ichigo ended up saving everybody, but that wasn't his point, nor is it particularly relevant to what he was saying.

Quote:
How can you complain about something you made up and didn't happen?

maybe one day but not right now--.
Err, yeah, that's what he said. Kinda what he meant when he put prediction in brackets. That said, it is a relatively sensible prediction, considering the past of the manga (as he pointed out).
Old 2011-08-10, 14:00   Link #243
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiebombs View Post
Had to finally make account so I could say this, but:

I think it's extremely possible that during Ichigos training with his fullbring that he developed his ability to control his reiatsu. Maybe not completely, but more so than ever before. If you remember, the reason his zanpakutou was so large before was due to his sheer amount of reiatsu, which was shooting out of him constantly. That sword was sort of just.. a big ol' sword. This might explain why his sword looks a bit more developed now. When he had his eyes slashed by Ginjou he was literally forced to start sensing where the enemy was. Makes sense that his zanpakutou would reflect that.

Or I could be completely wrong. Idunnolol.
That is more than likely the actual case Kubo will go for
Old 2011-08-10, 14:17   Link #244
Aqua Knight

Back to Rukia's hairstyle, I think it would be much better it the brand of hair between her eyebrows was removed to have a more Nozomi-like style.
Old 2011-08-10, 15:29   Link #245
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
To that I say..."at some point you have TO MOVE ON"!!!

He faced his fear and then got over it. He's been Emo-ing over his hollow for most the manga. At some point you have to suck it up. Besides he realized that his hollow never wanted to hurt and FINALLY accepted him--That's why it wasn't brought up again
Never mentioned. Sorry this is all entirely your theory. Whilst it makes sense it's not based on anything told in the manga. Kubo could'vce easily spent a few panels making all that clear but he never did. You'd think that a manga supposedly based entirely on Ichigo would've put atleast that much effort into it, considering Ichigo's fear of his hollow self spans back hundreds of chapters...

Quote:
I love Ichigo a lot and I accept his being an Emo along with all his other flaws. That doesn't mean I want to him to go another 10 years being Emo over his hollow. I have to draw the line somewhere.
I find it strange you consider that to be the only other option...
Old 2011-08-12, 15:53   Link #246
Vinak
Procrastinator

So I am under the impression bleach is safe to read again?

(I skipped this entire arc)
Old 2011-08-12, 16:01   Link #247
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinak View Post

Depends upon your definition of "safe", I suppose. It is looking up, but if you've been skipping the entire arc so far (I haven't been, so I can't relate), I'm not sure.
Old 2011-08-12, 17:01   Link #248
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinak View Post

I skipped pretty much everything too and frankly just from the last 2-3 chapter when I started picking it up again I feel like I didn't miss anything.

Anyway, seems like finally we might get some real plot again, starting with next chapter. Ah who am I kidding I can just see it being horrible already.
Old 2011-08-13, 03:38   Link #249
ShadowSeed
Split of Alignment

I don't see anyone reading this seriously, I just follow it to see how long they last before they screw up again.
Old 2011-08-13, 04:20   Link #250
Aqua Knight

Agreed, watching/reading Bleach has become one of my weekly habits during last 3 years. But I'm always eager to read a new chapter.
Old 2011-08-14, 01:30   Link #251
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
edit: Where is Hellychan? I will only accept Rukia's new hairstyle if Helly gives her seal of approval...
Hahaha!! Hi James! Hi everyone! ^^v

I'm back from my long-awaited holidays...sadly '-'...

I'm sooooooooooooo glad Rukia's back! Bleach wasn't Bleach without her anyway =p I'm excited about the manga again!!
Plus, I find Rukia really cute with that new haircut! It accentuates her neckline even more!

~from ふうたろう
Old 2011-08-14, 01:40   Link #252
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellychan View Post

I'm back from my long-awaited holidays...sadly '-'...

I'm sooooooooooooo glad Rukia's back! Bleach wasn't Bleach without her anyway =p I'm excited about the manga again!!
Plus, I find Rukia really cute with that new haircut! It accentuates her neckline even more!

~from ふうたろう
Hey Helly chan lol Rukia's hairsyle does reveal her neckline more a much more older appeal lol *wave* *wave*
Old 2011-08-14, 01:56   Link #253
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellychan View Post
Welcome back Helly.
Old 2011-08-14, 05:36   Link #254
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

It has Hellychan's seal of approval. You can't argue with that.
Old 2011-08-15, 14:20   Link #255
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

that picture is awesome, but I must question why Rukia's sword is just floating...
Old 2011-08-15, 14:22   Link #256
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
that picture is awesome, but I must question why Rukia's sword is just floating...
It's not. It's attached to its sash thing, which is hanging on the top left edge of the chair (off-screen).
Old 2011-08-16, 02:02   Link #257
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Bleach is finally in a good period, Let's hope it doesn't give way to the usual end-of-arc awfulness Kubo has done so many times beforte.
Old 2011-08-16, 21:34   Link #258
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
That's good enough for me.
Old 2011-08-16, 21:40   Link #259
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

i like rukia's new hair style waaaaay before it became popular to like it!

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Old 2011-08-17, 02:19   Link #260
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
If there's one thing I've learned from the internet, it's that you can argue with anything.

Of course, in this case, there's not really any point in doing so...