Notices

Old 2008-03-14, 07:24   Link #1801
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
depending on this Friday's Champions League draw, where the 4 English clubs have a possibility of drawing each other.
And in facts two of them were coupled together:

Quarter Finals:

1. Arsenal (ENG) - Liverpool (ENG)
2. AS Roma (ITA) - Manchester United (ENG)
3. Schalke 04 (GER) - Barcelona (SPA)
4. Fenerbahce (TUR) - Chelsea (ENG)

Semifinals:

A. Winner 1 vs. Winner 4

B. Winner 2 vs. Winner 3

Final:

Winner A vs. Winner B
Old 2008-03-14, 07:38   Link #1802
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Good god, Arsenal three times in a row (the Premier League game sandwiched between two legs on April 5th). This will be fun.

And then the winner has the deal with Chelsea if they go through.

For United, even if they put another 10 past Roma, they'll still have Barca to deal with. But Roma will not be so silly as to let in another 7 so easily.

Out of respect for the Arsenal fans here, since I do admire Wenger's style, I'll withdraw myself from this thread until the end of hostilities, and return afterwards, though how long afterwards will depend on the result.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 08:11   Link #1803
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

>D OH LORD!!!

My house are gonna be in a state of war!!

*Nice meeting you too Mr. Kinny.. Have a nice month*

>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 10:58   Link #1804
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
BRING IT ON KINNY! Let's have a nice battle, I choose you Van Persie~

"Van Van Persie"
Old 2008-03-14, 11:52   Link #1805
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
2. AS Roma (ITA) - Manchester United (ENG)
Hahaha, I bet they did this on purpose. I'm so looking forward to watch this match.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 17:20   Link #1806
Bekki
\(。◕‿◕。)/

Tomorrow afternoon is gonna be real important regarding the title race. I hope we can beat Chelsea, and think we can, even though we have lost some valuable points in the last couple of games from teams we should have gained from. We just need to regain some form.

Come on Liverpool~Beat United!
Bekki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 20:18   Link #1807
User65554
Disabled By Request

Ack... Lost to Newcastle... Damndamndamndamn...
Anyway, it's 'Super Sunday', should be interesting to see how the teams stand after this.
And Paul Robinson has been recalled to the England squad.
User65554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 10:25   Link #1808
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Man U 3 - Pool 0

The first yellow card was really undeserved but his 2nd was really his stupidity.

>.<
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-03-23, 14:18   Link #1809
Bekki
\(。◕‿◕。)/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
Man U 3 - Pool 0

The first yellow card was really undeserved but his 2nd was really his stupidity.

>.<
Yep, it was. I didn't see all of that match though.

I just can't believe that around five weeks ago, we were flying high and one of the favourites to win the league. But now, I think the past couple of results have damaged our chances of getting top spot. What a season it would be if Chelsea came out of nowhere to win it, haha. But no, I think it's staying in Old Trafford this year. All because of Ronaldo. If he left in the Summer like reports have been suggesting, then I don't know... Chelsea don't deserve it in my opinion. They might have got the results, but I just don't like how they play.

It might be too early to start talking about the end, but that's just what I think.
Bekki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 14:38   Link #1810
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Arsenal lost 2-1 to Chelsea...

screw this epl league, from 1st to bloody 3rd, this sucks!
Old 2008-03-23, 23:12   Link #1811
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

yup, I guess we really lose the steam at the end
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-04-08, 16:15   Link #1812
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

I had expected this thread to be lively, but you guys disappeared and didn't even discuss the 1st leg?

UEFA Champions League Quarter Finals

2nd Leg

Liverpool 4 - 2 Arsenal (Liverpool win 5 - 3 on aggregate)

WHAT. A. GAME.

Rather than going with his tried and tested 4-2-3-1 formation with Torres as the lone striker, Benitez opted for a 4-4-2 this time and included Crouch, seeing how his aerial ability unsettled Arsenal last Saturday's PL game.

Arsenal lead first with a Diaby goal conceded softly by Reina in 13 minutes, cancelling out Kuyt's away goal in the first leg. Arsenal then dominated until the 30th minute when they concede a corner, and Hyypia made sure the ball went it to make the score even at 1-1, and for the rest of the 1st half, possession was Liverpool's. Flamini had to be subbed due to injury on his ankle by Gilberto Silva.

The 2nd half began mostly like how the 1st ended, the game was quite tight. In the 69th minute, the ball fell to Torres' feet, and he simply turns without even having to look at the goal. The Kop erupted.

Wenger throws all the available kitchen sinks he has by subbing in Theo Walcott and the supposedly injured Van Persie. This nearly paid dividends as Walcott had an amazing run in the 84th minute, running past 4 Liverpool players before slotting the ball to Adebayor to net it to 2-2 and give Arsenal the crucial away goal advantage at 2-2 on aggregate.

A minute later however, Liverpool sub Babel was judged to have been fouled by Eboue and a penalty was granted. This was exactly the same way Hleb was fouled by Kuyt last week. More on that below. Gerrard coolly slotted the ball in to make it 3-2 aggregate.

In the 2nd minute of stoppage time, Babel took advantage of a counterattack and put the game beyond contention by winning it 4-2.

Concerning the penalty shout in the first leg, was that a penalty? You bet. It's a pity these inconsistent refs have affected the games in a way, and giving Arsenal fans an excuse to think they lost because of injustice and not anything else, but I'm going to have to say Liverpool totally deserved to win this and they frickin worked hard to get this win.

Thus ends the amazing Arsenal-Liverpool trilogy of 2008.

At the other end, Chelsea beat Fenerbahce 2-0 to cancel out the shock 2-1 deficit in the 1st leg to make it 3-2 in aggregate. So for the 3rd time in 4 years, it'll be Liverpool-Chelsea in a UCL Semi again. And the 4th in a row that the two teams have met in a cup semi if you include the FA Cup semi in 2006.

Tomorrow will see Man U attempt to finish off the job against a Totti-less Roma and Barca entertain Schalke.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 16:38   Link #1813
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Well, I really enjoyed watching the game (L'pool vs Arsenal), it was really exciting. I honestly thought Arsenal was going to have the upper hand until the penalty killed all hopes and chances that the Gunners had. Liverpool surely seems to be a totally different team in the Champions League. As for the other match, I was hoping for Fenerbahce to make it through, but it seems they didn't even manage to score one goal. Too bad.

As for tomorrow, I think it's more than safe to assume Manchester United is going to have a very easy job against Roma, unless Roma plays a perfect game, scores atleast two goals and doesn't let ManU score even one (very, very unlikely to happen). Considering they're playing without their playmaker (Totti) I doubt they have enough firepower, even if Vucinic is supposed to be playing as striker rather than winger. Barca shouldn't have a lot of problems either, if they don't understimate Schalke and play focused.

This year in Champions League seems to be rather dominated by english teams.
Old 2008-04-08, 16:45   Link #1814
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Well he was, Babel, "fouled" by Toure, which was utter crap.

Walcott was just wow, that's all.

Too bad Arsenal

And Oh my, Chelsea vs Liverpool again, what gives? Looks like the UEFA don't want to see an English vs English final.
Old 2008-04-08, 16:54   Link #1815
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Itachikun, there's still the possibility that ManU could make it to the finals. Anyway, I don't know how much these teams can be considered "english", I was surprised to see not even one english man in Arsenal until Walcott came in. EPL teams sure have a lot of foreign players. o_O;
Old 2008-04-08, 17:17   Link #1816
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
Itachikun, there's still the possibility that ManU could make it to the finals. Anyway, I don't know how much these teams can be considered "english", I was surprised to see not even one english man in Arsenal until Walcott came in. EPL teams sure have a lot of foreign players. o_O;
I honestly think the media (especially the English one) are exaggerating the entire "foreign players in the EPL". If you do a check up on the top teams of the top European leagues (Liga, EPL, Series A) you will notice that every team (except for Juventus) have mostly foreign players.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 17:29   Link #1817
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Sure, all of the CL teams have a lot of foreign players, but I am still puzzled when I see the WHOLE starting lineup being made of foreigners, or having the majority of it. Juventus (which is also the team I am supporter of, I really hope to see them playing CL for the next season) is not the only one though, I'd say Roma, Milan, Schalke, Lyon, ManU, Porto and other teams have a main core made of players of their own countries, along with a couple of foreigners. Teams like Inter, Arsenal, L'Pool, Chelsea, Real Madrid and so on, albeit being great teams, leave me puzzled because they're almost entirely made of foreigners. I know clubs nowadays are not really exactly supposed to represent countries' anymore, but still I find it a bit weird to label Inter as an "italian" team, or Arsenal as an "english" one, for instance.
Old 2008-04-08, 23:11   Link #1818
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

*Cried an emo tears*

;_;
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-04-09, 02:19   Link #1819
nejielf2
Flying alien

OMG, last night was sensational.

the greatest match I ever see.
(after United v Bayern Champions final '99)

Arsenal with fast short pass and Liverpool with long direct pass. Both show amazing performance.

very very awesome.

enjoyed every seconds.

yay for Wallcot, this my first time saw his awesome dribling skills.

and yay for Torres, with his first time no look shoot.

after Liverpool, I predict United and Chelsea also go to semi.

can't wait to see them!
nejielf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 07:35   Link #1820
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

as much as i hate it united will probs beat baca in semis and i hope my team (CHELSEA!!!!!!) beats that cursed liverpool side in semis to make it an all english final.

Tags
football, soccer