AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 26 29.21%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 31 34.83%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 22.47%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 12.36%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.12%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-14, 14:48   Link #181
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Is Kitamura abnormal then? Or is he a normal character?
Old 2008-12-14, 14:52   Link #182
satuross

after reading V6 he is definitely abnormal. but lets keep it at that.
Old 2008-12-14, 14:57   Link #183
wistfulloner

Perfect characters = no conflict = no plot = boring anime

I would say he's one of the more normal characters, Kitamura. Just a bit of a workaholic, that's all. After all, he did that for his crush, which is nothing wrong.

Spoiler for Kitamura:

Ok, I'm deviating a bit too much
Old 2008-12-14, 15:22   Link #184
Darknemo2000

So then what does abnormal mean? I mean does a person under a lot of stress is abnormal?
Old 2008-12-14, 15:50   Link #185
wistfulloner

No, he's not really abnormal just because he's under stress. Its just a behavioral change in response to external stimuli. He'll probably be back to normal.

On the other hand, the other "abnormal" characters in the show have unusual behavioral tendencies right from the beginning of the series, compared to a boy who's simply stressed- out. Of course, I'm no psychiatrist.

Please, back on the topic
Old 2008-12-14, 23:03   Link #186
typhonsentra

Kitamura seems pretty weird to me Wist. Him and Minori actually have a pretty similar style of humor.
Old 2008-12-15, 01:10   Link #187
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
I feel sorry for her dad, that is one nastiest nut busting kick I ever seen. If I will be the dad, I will kick her ass for that. No daughter should kick her own father balls as form of greeting no matter what circumstances.

I am glad that they write out Shadow Brigade because it not fit the mood of the episode for me.

The teacher presence is brief but funny as hell to me as I can relate to it. And bald Minorin will traumatize some fans, for sure.

Overall a consistent writing. Kudos.
Spoiler for size:

And I laughed so hard at this one. The only thing missing is a lightsaber for Ami.
and a helmet and dark cloak for ryuuji and we have Stora-wars? And your right. But I feel there is a twist after this.
Old 2008-12-15, 01:15   Link #188
Baka Ronin

Send a message via ICQ to Baka Ronin Send a message via AIM to Baka Ronin Send a message via MSN to Baka Ronin Send a message via Yahoo to Baka Ronin
Kitamura is the red right hand directing this whole story. Call me paranoid, if you wish, but don't tell me you don't see his influence in every episode setting the mood and pushing things in the "right" direction in a devious and subtle manner.
Old 2008-12-15, 04:47   Link #189
Darknemo2000

Definitely he is not the right hand. You are looking too much into things.
Old 2008-12-15, 07:36   Link #190
wistfulloner

Yeah you're getting too paranoid man

He drives the plot well when he does appear, but he's no mastermind. After all, he did break down somewhere in the future...
Old 2008-12-15, 07:45   Link #191
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Im not sure if i want to see a Kitamura break down i think that would just be freaky. Especially after this episode when at least for me Ryu realize's how much his father not being around has affected him hence passing those feelings off on Taiga. But in the end Taiga went to her father and hugged him and even had a little smile on her face.

I wonder if the problem of weather or not Taiga will stay or go back to live with her dad will come up. I was shocked when Tiaga's dad said he was leaving his wife i thought it would be something like lets all try to get along.
Old 2008-12-15, 09:16   Link #192
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I must admit I've read ahead to the end of this arc... the threads will be quite interesting once things are made clear... quite compelling.
Old 2008-12-15, 09:41   Link #193
KeitaroNagato
Taiga Yea!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
1. Don't get me wrong people, it is not that I see Taiga's dad as flawless, virtuous person but I do felt a minimum courtesy should be given since he did give allowance to her. A greeting like that is not acceptable.

2. It also bothered me a lot that physical violence by female on males is acceptable. It is not. Taiga is literally doing it in heaps. Sure she has issues and pain but still did not excuse her from that problem.

3. You will need real world examples to understand and love/hate characters, even from anime. How to separate them into exclusive zones when both of the mediums deal with same human issues and feelings? You must have a baseline for something, somehow.

Anyway, I apologize if I offended anyone here but I felt I have to speak out on this thing that keep bugging me for long time as an anime fan. I guess this thread has sliding off road long enough.

Cheers.
I understand the flaws of Taiga, her excuse to hit Ryuuji is unacceptable, and viceversa. Also, Minorin in this expisode, the way she is acting towards Ryuuji is like she is the "Ami", a two-face. When Ryuuji appoarch her about the "UFO", she quickly answer with something else....
I really do like Minorin, but in this episode she is bugging me. Why can she just answered him correctly. Ami is not the only one that is "Two-face" .

Last edited by KeitaroNagato; 2008-12-15 at 09:52.
Old 2008-12-15, 09:53   Link #194
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

We'll see next ! Wow his father's balls omg ! Minorin is strange right !
So how many episodes will be out ?
Old 2008-12-15, 10:08   Link #195
KeitaroNagato
Taiga Yea!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
We'll see next ! Wow his father's balls omg ! Minorin is strange right !
So how many episodes will be out ?
Ya, Mirorin is acting very strange indeed, is totally off from the other episodes. I wonder if this is how she is going to be towards Ryuuji for now on.

13 episode now the total 25, its known as a cours (did I spell it right?). Vexx can explain it better then me ^^

Do you think Minorin is off character, even her quirkiness is off to, I wonder JC-stuff wrote it on purpose, I have not read the novel yet, but I feel it just way off. Maybe it just a theory, like Taiga, Minorin just dont know how to express her "TRUE" feelings for Ryuuji, when Ryuuji is around she does not know how the react towards him, just like Ryuuji at the beginning.
Old 2008-12-15, 10:10   Link #196
typhonsentra

I don't think her reaction is that hard to understand.

Spoiler:
Old 2008-12-15, 10:12   Link #197
KeitaroNagato
Taiga Yea!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
I don't think her reaction is that hard to understand.

Spoiler:
If she does like him, does it kills the purpose of what she stated in the summer arc? It seems she is contracting herself.
Old 2008-12-15, 12:12   Link #198
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I must admit I've read ahead to the end of this arc... the threads will be quite interesting once things are made clear... quite compelling.
DAMN IT Vexx your killing me slowly lol. I have succesfully avoided getting ahead and avoided all spoilers but man its getting harder and harder each week to do so.
Old 2008-12-15, 12:19   Link #199
Baka Ronin

Send a message via ICQ to Baka Ronin Send a message via AIM to Baka Ronin Send a message via MSN to Baka Ronin Send a message via Yahoo to Baka Ronin
I guess not one got my Voltaire reference. I am just trying to say that it looks like Kitamura is more in charge of the situation than he wants people to think.
Old 2008-12-15, 12:31   Link #200
wistfulloner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeitaroNagato View Post
If she does like him, does it kills the purpose of what she stated in the summer arc? It seems she is contracting herself.
During the summer vacation @ the villa I think Minori was saying that she was okay with her current relationship with Ryuji, and didn't wanna go to the next level. Might be because she felt Taiga needed him more. How you interpret Ep10's ending is entirely up to you though.

So naturally when Ryuji presses her in Ep11, she's not comfortable with responding to his questions, and thus gives her random commentary. No contradiction.
Closed Thread