Spoiler:
Spoiler:
~Quasar~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 03:32   Link #822
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I was going to edit your post as I've been religiously removing all other references to School Days so far, but I will grant you this.
Though since it isn't against the forum rules, I feel that you shouldn't just remove the content simply because you dislike the topic.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 03:57   Link #823
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtf View Post
ARGHH why did they have to go with omnibus format... a linear storyline that connects everybody would be so much more involved imo... sigh.

I've suddenly lost a lot of interest in this now that I know I won't have much to look forward to in terms of story depth and development. I mean shit, look at the schedule for each arc...

3 or 4 ep's for each individual story arc, how much DEPTH can you go into... sigh.

Was REALLY looking forward to seeing some character conflict, drama, resolution, build up... etc. But I guess not.

Whatever, I'll keep watching so that I can at least see the Sora route

Right, and what's the fun in that? Shouldn't that be what OVAs and specials are for?

Looks like a lot of people like this format though
This is how I feel about it, I really don't like this format I tried with amagami but it just didn't work for me. I would prefer a solid 12 episode story to the constant resets and "could haves"

To me personally, it makes the story feel broken and I am less interested in each character. I watch for an ending conclusion and knowing where each character will go for better or worse but this format leaves me with nothing feeling like a solid "this is how it ends".
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 04:15   Link #824
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Though since it isn't against the forum rules, I feel that you shouldn't just remove the content simply because you dislike the topic.
Every time the topic was broached before, it led the thread off-topic. I said a number of pages ago that the School Days comparisons were over, but apparently people don't even read the previous posts before posting (hence why it and the other questions keep coming up). I'm not interesting in seeing this thread descend once again into a conversation about what could (never) have been, and others have expressed their frustration with it too (in fact most of the posts were simply expressing their satisfaction that this comparison was finally over, and the last thing we need is for that to prompt someone to open that can of worms again). I can also say that other members of the staff (not me) have issued infractions for bringing that show up in this thread before, so I'm certainly not the only one who is fed up with it. I'm sure that there are some people who would love to persist bringing that invalid comparison up, but it is now clearly off-topic for this thread, and being off-topic is against the rules.

So, while I appreciate your feelings, I don't find the action to be unreasonable in this circumstance given the past history of this thread. (And notice that even though I try to end the topic, people keep bringing it up... )
Old 2010-10-26, 06:16   Link #825
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Sooooooooooooo anyone think they'll broadcast the uncensored version?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 06:26   Link #826
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Sooooooooooooo anyone think they'll broadcast the uncensored version?
I am not sure which version you watched, but in mine there wasn't much more to leave uncensored. There was one scene censored by the shining light of doom, but otherwise nothing was touched. Which made me wonder why they bothered censoring that one moment in the first place, considering what was shown afterwards, but heh ..
Old 2010-10-26, 06:32   Link #827
Equidistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I am not sure which version you watched, but in mine there wasn't much more to leave uncensored. There was one scene censored by the shining light of doom, but otherwise nothing was touched. Which made me wonder why they bothered censoring that one moment in the first place, considering what was shown afterwards, but heh ..
It seems they left just a little bit censored for the DVD&BD release.
Equidistant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 06:35   Link #828
Joachim
et tu, brute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
not to mention the "voice" was kinda cut short or partially removed in that particular "scene", heh BD cant come sooner
Old 2010-10-26, 06:46   Link #829
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

In UTW's sub the light beam was blocking teh bewbz massage and after that there were black bars on both sides that made it look like you were peeping through a closet...
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 06:52   Link #830
karuroso

What i have to say about omnibus being rushed (like in this case as many people are saying) is to me it's something subjetcive, particulary after Kampfer and recently Ichiban, the concept of somehing being rushed changed completly to me. This may be just me but in Amagami and YnS at any moment i felt that the story was rushed D=
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 06:54   Link #831
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
In UTW's sub the light beam was blocking teh bewbz massage and after that there were black bars on both sides that made it look like you were peeping through a closet...
This, they use sun flare, some black bars and remove the sounds, that make no sense for me too. So in the end is enought wait fansub of bd ep.4, and probably 6, 9 and 12.
Fnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 07:38   Link #832
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

This is great...love the concept. This should be a standard formula for a harem series since majority of time the typical female leads are either too perfect for their own good or simply too boring/lame while the other characters that actually have a personality get screwed for face time because generic lead chick # 15 broke a nail or something. It's always the same with their tired ass "bird in a cage" story arc. This I can work with. I like how it branches off like that and it returns back to end of episode 2. It's like loading in your save data from a game...wait...
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 07:51   Link #833
Lilith
Your average fangirl

How sad that it's confirmed to be omnibus.

It's rare to have incest anime, let alone twincest. And this one had so much potential with the settings (dead parents, rural place, school) and characters (Sora's personality could be a psycho or tsundere or whatever else). This could have been one awesome twincest drama, instead... >_<;;

At least I still have the fanservice.
Old 2010-10-26, 07:59   Link #834
Equidistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
How sad that it's confirmed to be omnibus.

It's rare to have incest anime, let alone twincest. And this one had so much potential with the settings (dead parents, rural place, school) and characters (Sora's personality could be a psycho or tsundere or whatever else). This could have been one awesome twincest drama, instead... >_<;;

At least I still have the fanservice.
Well considering Sora is getting 3 episodes, you can still have all that(with the exception of her being a psycho anyway).
Equidistant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 08:46   Link #835
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Spoiler for Ep 4:
Old 2010-10-26, 08:48   Link #836
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Looks like preorders for the disks just went through the roof

ヨスガノソラ Blu-ray版1(仮)
【2010年 10月 25日 23時】 ***,281位
↓放送後
【2010年 10月 26日 04時】 ***,*50位

ヨスガノソラ Blu-ray版2(仮)
【2010年 10月 25日 23時】 ***,356位
↓放送後
【2010年 10月 26日 04時】 ***,*94位

ヨスガノソラ Blu-ray版3(仮)
【2010年 10月 25日 23時】 ***,400位
↓放送後
【2010年 10月 26日 04時】 ***,100位

ヨスガノソラ Blu-ray版4(仮)【数量限定生産版】
【2010年 10月 25日 23時】 ***,277位
↓放送後
【2010年 10月 26日 04時】 ***,*45位
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 08:49   Link #837
Dahak86
Classics never age

ep 4

well, quite an interesting episode... wasn't it?

Akira kissing Kazuha was the best scene for me. If only they'd swap Haru with Akira in that scene... but I'm digressing.

anyways, Haru sure doesn't like to waste time, does he?
well, can't really blame him for remembering his "performance" while Kazuha was playing the viola for him. and that little smile on his face...

So, thanks to this omnibus format, I can now expect a sex-scene every 2-3 episodes for each girl, right?
'cause if so, cannot wait for Sora. Akira will be a nice view too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
...At least I still have the fanservice.
yea, and very erotic fanservice to say the least.
Old 2010-10-26, 09:33   Link #838
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I gotta say, despite them using a similar format to Amagami, I enjoyed this far more than Amagami. The thing is, with Amagami, not counting Tachi being a rather boring, stupid protagonist to me, it just seemed to focus on Tachi + girl, leaving practically all other chars and girls to the wayside, and that was sort of boring for me(i've only watched the Haruka/Kaoru arcs). As quick as this arc kinda felt, it was more refreshing for them to focus on Kazuha's acceptance of her father a tad more than the whole Haru love angle. This keeps the story moving on much like a real VN. The 'sex' scene gives it some level of edginess. I wouldn't discount it as "fanservice" exactly, since it is the consensual decision of both characters to do so. Given the fact that this is rarely seen in tv broadcast anime(at least THIS explicit), I applaud them for doing so. More shows need to up the ante by having their chars have sex to show a true "next level" of a relationship.

I can't wait for Akira's arc. She's my favorite char so far(with Sora being a close 2nd), so to see how things change with him going after Akira instead of Kazuha will be interesting to see =03.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 09:44   Link #839
Peanutbutter

The black bars of doom ruined some fun. Kinda disappointed with the omnibus format. I thought it might be groundbreaking to see him going after all the girls.

Now, just give me Sora's route, with no censoring, please.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 10:04   Link #840
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Every time the topic was broached before, it led the thread off-topic. I said a number of pages ago that the School Days comparisons were over, but apparently people don't even read the previous posts before posting (hence why it and the other questions keep coming up). I'm not interesting in seeing this thread descend once again into a conversation about what could (never) have been, and others have expressed their frustration with it too (in fact most of the posts were simply expressing their satisfaction that this comparison was finally over, and the last thing we need is for that to prompt someone to open that can of worms again). I can also say that other members of the staff (not me) have issued infractions for bringing that show up in this thread before, so I'm certainly not the only one who is fed up with it. I'm sure that there are some people who would love to persist bringing that invalid comparison up, but it is now clearly off-topic for this thread, and being off-topic is against the rules.

So, while I appreciate your feelings, I don't find the action to be unreasonable in this circumstance given the past history of this thread. (And notice that even though I try to end the topic, people keep bringing it up... )
Nmm... I personally think it isn't completely off-topic (since it is comparing to Yosuga no Sora), but since I'm not exactly affected by this, I won't bother to pursue the issue any further then...

PS: I know it wasn't just you. Just didn't feel like finding and quoting a whole bunch of people.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen, visual novel adaptation