AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-10-19, 03:24   Link #101
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cboi89
hey sugetsu , i been wacthin hxh a lot and find it is really good but recently after i finished watchin the ova eps 14 i couldnt find ne more eps u happen to have ne info on wen more is coming out and where else can i get somee?
Hunter X Hunter currently spans 1 TV series (62 episodes), and 3 OVAs (8, 8, and 14 episodes repectivly). If you've watched all that, there's nothing left to watch until the next OVA releases (on the assumption that they'll be making one). All the torrents are on animesuki. Chances are that the next OVA won't be comming out till the fall of next year just based roughly on how long between they've been giving between them.
jpwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 21:22   Link #102
CardboardBox

To the Hunter x Hunter Manga readers: Does the story arc after Greed Island seem to have a not as good drawing quality? It seems to me as Togashi is getting alittle lazy, there seem to little to no backgrounds and the drawings look like they were sketched and not finalized. I hope Togashi isn't losing interest in Hunter x Hunter !!!!! If anyone wants to talk about the manga, pm me so we don't spoil it for others reading this thread.
CardboardBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 21:30   Link #103
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardboardBox
To the Hunter x Hunter Manga readers: Does the story arc after Greed Island seem to have a not as good drawing quality? It seems to me as Togashi is getting alittle lazy, there seem to little to no backgrounds and the drawings look like they were sketched and not finalized. I hope Togashi isn't losing interest in Hunter x Hunter !!!!! If anyone wants to talk about the manga, pm me so we don't spoil it for others reading this thread.
I've heard he was sick, but lazy is probably more accurate...
Some chapters looked like rough story boards rather than the finished product. Hell, I've seen some panels that just had text and no actual drawing at all.
Old 2004-10-20, 23:26   Link #104
hooliganj
Team Player

I imagine it's because he's such an incredibly popular artist, but for a while now Shounen Jump has been publishing his rough sketches in the weekly magazine, and then waiting until the volume comes out for the clean version. Since only one group is really scanlating right now, and they focus on the latest issue only, it's easy to see where you might think the art is deteriorating.

Spoiler for comparison shot:

Admittedly, the last few chapters have looked even worse than that, but I'm sure it will improve.
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-21, 00:35   Link #105
jpwong

Wow, I knew there was a difference between the volumes and Jump, but I didn't realize it was that profound.

I think the sick thing is just a rumour someone came up with to support their idea of why the art seems to be deteriorating in Jump and why the time between releases seems to be anywhere from 1 week to 5 weeks.
jpwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 09:33   Link #106
Tetsunosuke

Hunter x Hunter nen stuff, HELP ME!!

I did a "Which nen type are you?" quiz and well i got the answers in japs i belive so i kinda need help.

1. Sousa

2. Henka

3. Kyouka

4. Tokushitsu

5. Hoshutsu

6. Gugenka

Please help me understand this
Tetsunosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 14:16   Link #107
The Yellow Dwarf

1. Sousa - Manipulation

2. Henka - Transformation

3. Kyouka - Reinforcement

4. Tokushitsu - Special (?)

5. Hoshutsu - Emission

6. Gugenka - Materialization
The Yellow Dwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 14:26   Link #108
elniro

Send a message via MSN to elniro
4.8% left till i get my hands on hunter x hunter eps 1-25, hope its as good as i've heard it is. But i cant watch till after exams
elniro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 16:14   Link #109
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by elniro
4.8% left till i get my hands on hunter x hunter eps 1-25, hope its as good as i've heard it is. But i cant watch till after exams
You'll love it I hope that you dont get turn off by the slow start, you won't see any cool fights in the first episodes.
Old 2006-01-06, 16:21   Link #110
rukus

Hunter x Hunter help -_-

So I finished watching the 62 episodes and started the next OVA.. however I read somewhere there were actually 64? Which would make sense because although the next ova continues the arc, I'm missing a tid bit of plot thats making me confused.

Can anyone summarize what happens in 63 and 64 or PM me some "help" if you will.

Any suggestions are appreciated as I love this anime, and not knowing what the heck went on is really irritating me.
rukus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 22:08   Link #111
JustAnotherFan
/(bb|[^b]{2})/

Quote:
Originally Posted by rukus
So I finished watching the 62 episodes and started the next OVA.. however I read somewhere there were actually 64? Which would make sense because although the next ova continues the arc, I'm missing a tid bit of plot thats making me confused.

Can anyone summarize what happens in 63 and 64 or PM me some "help" if you will.
There is no 63 or 64. The TV series has 62 episodes. Make sure you watch the sequel to the TV series.
JustAnotherFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 18:15   Link #112
_Riku_

Hey, I'm wondering if there are any plans for making a new HxH season ?
I mean, the manga should be pretty far away, the last 4 years we've only gotten 8-12 eps per year. And we didn't even get an ova last year( If I remmember correctly then GI final ended the summer 2004, right ?) And they stopped the serie the year 2000 (?) The manga must be far away atm

And also, at wich chapter does HxH GI final end at ?
_Riku_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 23:48   Link #113
jpwong

There's a topic in the general anime forum concerning the next OVA, much of the most current info was lost along with the rest of the forums, but the general gist is still there.
Old 2006-01-11, 23:50   Link #114
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowClone Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowClone
The manga's STILL not finished with the arc that immediately followed the GI arc (And was animated in the last GI Final OVA). Until the NGL/Bug/Ant (or whatever the heck the damn things are called!) is completed, we won't be seeing any animated OVAs anytime soon...
ShadowClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 16:28   Link #115
AzrielBlack
Guardian Of Deamons

Send a message via AIM to AzrielBlack Send a message via MSN to AzrielBlack
How is that arc going now? I read a bit into it but lost interest because of the low quality of the art.

That arc has lasted forever does it look to be ending?
AzrielBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 16:37   Link #116
hooliganj
Team Player

from ANN:
Hunter X Hunter on Hiatus (2005-11-16 17:13:28)
Following the recent announcement that D.Gray-man would be temporarilly halted due to the manga-ka being ill, Shonen Jump has announced that Yoshihiro Togashi is also ill, therefore Hunter X Hunter will be on hiatus until next year's issue #8, to be released on January 23. Source: Manga News

The arc is starting to wind its way towards a conclusion. All the players are in place, but only one fight has happened so far. At this point, there are so many different characters involved that it could easily take another year's worth of issues to resolve everything, and it could easily take Togashi 2 years to draw it.
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 05:53   Link #117
return

Hunter X Hunter is a GREAT series
i love hunter x hunte
return is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 22:11   Link #118
rukus

I just finished the last GI OVA, done with all the animated hxh.

I hear there is a manga, does this pick up where the anime's left off?

If so what chapter do I start reading?

any input appreciated.
rukus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 23:05   Link #119
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowClone Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowClone
It does, but the arc is a bit dragging, and just not as exciting as the previous arc (I mean, what is exciting about "humanoid insects"?)

Start at manga chapter 184 or something... current chapters are in the 260s.
ShadowClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-26, 04:38   Link #120
luluboy

Having prob about an anime

oh i need to ask if there is a difference. for the anime hunter x hunter, the "Hunter x Hunter (TV)" is it different from "Hunter x Hunter (OVA series 1)"???

is it that every sections there are all different? cos i need to watch the new episode, i am stuck at episode 62 and i wished to continue the story. can anyone tell me if the "Hunter x Hunter (OVA series 1)" is the continuation of "Hunter x Hunter (TV)"??

thx in advance, hope to get the answer as quick as possible. thx again.
luluboy is offline   Reply With Quote