Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this:

Spoiler for Just in case:

Endless "Pen name" Soul
Old 2012-10-14, 12:13   Link #262
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The first ep didn't sell me, but the second ep did. Hilarious. Endearing. Fairly smart, for all its cliches. And fanservice galore. Gu-he-he.... I guessed who the author was, but rejected the idea as too over-the-top, lol.

Kito Ibuki may only be 14, but she's got talent and force. In a cast interview on the official site she says she has an elder brother herself, but he's not as gentle and protective as Akito. She introduces herself by saying she's in third-year middle-school and gives her age, then Ousaka Ryouta (Akito) does the same (he's 26). Then Kitamura Eri (Arashi) chimes in: "What's with this trend?" And she doesn't give her age (which is 25). I think she may have been protecting Chihara Minori (Anastasia) who is 32.

In the interview, Kito-san says that Akiko's lines have a lot of energy and roll quickly from high to low spirits, and says she hasn't quite got it yet, but will work hard to get better. Actually, I think she has got it, and just needs to work on giving her words clearer definition as they roll along.

Here's the (too small) pic accompanying the interview:

front (l-r): Ousaka Ryouta, Kito Ibuki. rear: Shimoda Asami (Gin), Chihara Minori, KitaEri.

The "special" page of the official site also announces that the Cure Maid Cafe in Tokyo will be running a "Little Sister Cafe" based on the show 2-11 November.

There is also a series of "slide-puzzles" using pics of the female stars on this page. And there are some free Twitter icons on this page.

The short form of the show's title is "Oniai," which I think has some funny associations: niai can mean "suit each other," and oni-ai could mean "demon love."

I'm not usually a big fan of Chihara Minori, but I thought she was particularly good here. So were they all, really. And Minorin's OP was excellent.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2012-10-14 at 12:26.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 12:24   Link #263
Ridwan

Girls, remember this : if you want to push a potentially resistent guy into a bath with you, get him entering the bath tub first !

Worked on me
Old 2012-10-14, 12:43   Link #264
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

I liked episode 2 a lot more than episode 1 too. I like the jokes more, and Anastasia is now my favorite character 2 episodes in.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 13:19   Link #265
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
I liked episode 2 a lot more than episode 1 too. I like the jokes more, and Anastasia is now my favorite character 2 episodes in.
Ana is the best

Well, I like Akiko more in the anime than the LN, and her voice is just too perfect.

Graphically is a candy eye, and since it's not an adaptation, things could be better the next episodes.

I only want more fan service with Kaichou-san (dang, she said se-dorei, right?).
Syokool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 13:24   Link #266
Ridwan

It's an adaptation from LN.
Old 2012-10-14, 13:26   Link #267
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

Well, it's related, and has some escenes, but the most part is new stuff.

Maybe, I should say it's not a literal adaptation.

@mangatron gimme your signature
Syokool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 13:43   Link #268
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this:

Spoiler for Just in case:

Endless "Pen name" Soul
I would love to see how that plays out in the end But no I don't think he had that kind of idea- perhaps it didn't start out that way and the script was changed at the behest of the editor to make it an incestuous story... But as it turns out he was surprising good at it
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 14:47   Link #269
Belgaesh

Wow, great second episode.

We got to see how each character acts in front of Akiko, Akiho is simply brocon all along, Anastasia and her jokes of him calling her Ana that has the same pronouce as "hole", Gin and her best friend act, Kaichou and her amazing antics(sex-slave was amazing!). And we can't forget his editor Ginno-san.
Belgaesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 15:56   Link #270
typhonsentra

The typesetting on the subs for this show makes my brain melt.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 17:14   Link #271
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
A couple of freebies from your friendly neighborhood pervert~
I'll be taking that one. Ride him, Akiko!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
What have I been missing I was seeing negativity here, I was seeing negativity in another site, I was then being negatively affected to not watch this ep until another time when I'm not busy (I never am not), but seeing your pics, I have to watch it now
You're really missing out, if you don't watch this

Great signature, btw.
Old 2012-10-14, 17:50   Link #272
The Green One

Sheesh that OP, it may as well say,

Subtlety? What's that?

The part about Akito being the author of the book was rather funny, he undoubtedly uses his sister's antics for inspiration. He can certainly never let her find out, she'll undoubtedly triple her attacks on him.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 17:59   Link #273
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I would love to see how that plays out in the end But no I don't think he had that kind of idea- perhaps it didn't start out that way and the script was changed at the behest of the editor to make it an incestuous story... But as it turns out he was surprising good at it
I'm guessing that the story is he actually does have those feelings -- at least he did when he was apart from his sister and started writing -- but determined ahead of time to absolutely not act on them in real life when she came to live with him. We'll see how that works out....
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 18:00   Link #274
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

How come nobody wanted to Gif the Red head's part? Nobody finds eating the melting popsicle hot like I did? Must not be suggestive enough lol.
Old 2012-10-14, 18:02   Link #275
Somnus
Eh?

I honestly clicked on this thread by accident, and the first post I see is mangatron quoting EroKing's pictures, causing me to click on the Arashi tab, resulting in my curiousity being VERY piqued. In conclusion, I am now checking out this show...who knows? Maybe I've found my guilty pleasure show for this season?
Old 2012-10-14, 18:03   Link #276
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu View Post
How come nobody wanted to Gif the Red head's part? Nobody finds eating the melting popsicle hot like I did? Must not be suggestive enough lol.
Maybe, but ever since I read this line my opinion has changed about the subject...

Quote:
“I doubt that would make as great a sight as you’re imagining. It would just be sticky and nasty. It would be more grotesque than anything. The idea that a bit of whipped cream on the cheek makes a girl look seductive is nothing but an illusion.”
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 18:03   Link #277
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
I honestly clicked on this thread by accident, and the first post I see is mangatron quoting EroKing's pictures, causing me to click on the Arashi tab, resulting in my curiousity being VERY piqued. In conclusion, I am now checking out this show...who knows? Maybe I've found my guilty pleasure show for this season?
Definitely recommend it if you're looking for a good guilty pleasure. I love the assertiveness from the harem members. Won't waste 5 episodes for them to realize they like the guy, get to spend the entire series fighting over him instead.
Old 2012-10-14, 19:09   Link #278
Mephos

You know, it's not following the LN at all, or at least only following it loosely, and unlike Campione, I'm completely fine with it. Though since they didn't introduce when the other girls showed up, I'm somewhat worried that some of the best starting moments for me would be left out...
Mephos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 19:39   Link #279
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Maybe, but ever since I read this line my opinion has changed about the subject...
I'll just say: It wouldn't be seductive. But it might be tasty.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 19:40   Link #280
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
I honestly clicked on this thread by accident ...
There Are No Coincidences
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, romantic comedy, shounen, slice of life