AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-07, 17:27   Link #1681
bayoab

Amazon BD Steelbook LE and DVD LE here. (I don't have a BD player.)
Old 2010-10-07, 20:36   Link #1682
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHaruhiIncarnate View Post
In April, I believe, Bandai licsensed(sp?) 'Disappearance'. It would be pretty neat if the english dubbed DVD came out within this year also.

Dont bother crushing my dreams because I know it wont. But still....

]:<
Well, Bandai has 4 announcements planned for this weekend (one of which having two sub announcements?), so I'm hoping the release date for the dubbed DVD is one of them.

Heminga13: Speculating and anticipating 'The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya' movie since August 3, 2009.
Old 2010-10-09, 11:17   Link #1683
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heminga13 View Post
Well, Bandai has 4 announcements planned for this weekend (one of which having two sub announcements?), so I'm hoping the release date for the dubbed DVD is one of them.
They sort-of have a release date. Thanks to bayoab's reports, Bandai announced a Spring 2011 release date for the movie. Final specs will be announced later, but the main dub cast will return.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2010-10-09, 20:51   Link #1684
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

Yup, I was following his blogging throughout the day. Hopefully 'final specs TBA' means a Blu-ray release along with DVD is still a possibility. Especially since it'll be a few months after the Blu-ray is out in Japan, now.

Heminga13: Speculating and anticipating 'The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya' movie since August 3, 2009.
Old 2010-10-11, 15:11   Link #1685
cbfox99
Scrumy!

I just got back from the NY Anime Fest and yeah I just walked out of the panel when Bandai announced the Spring release of the dvd. I was pissed!
On a lighter note the movie was way better than that camera rip I've been addicted to for the past few months. I didn't realize there was so much emotion in the characters (Kyon and Nagato) til I saw it clearly. Minori Chihara mentioned that she saw the movie twice in Japanese theaters and she cried both times. I don't blame her, damn that was sad. It made me wonder if Kyon had known it was Nagato who had changed the world before hand, would he still have pressed that enter key?
Old 2010-10-11, 23:46   Link #1686
ijuinkun

On the other hand, had he known that it was Yuki who had done it, COULD he (in a temporal causality sense) have pressed it? Altering the past in the Haruhiverse appears to be contingent on keeping a certain degree of ignorance regarding the details of the events being altered. It's as if events stay in a quantum superposition of states unless you have "observed" them by having future knowledge, which then "collapses" them into a predetermined form.
Old 2010-10-12, 19:06   Link #1687
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

I saw this at NYAF.

This film was fucking amazing.

It redeemed the series completely for me and revitalized what love I had for it before the awful, awful, AWFUL second season.

Really beautiful and moving and everything I enjoy about the series, seriously.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2010-10-16, 19:55   Link #1688
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

Quote:
Winners of 15th Animation Kobe Award

Theatre Department Award

Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya

(Sauce)
Old 2010-10-16, 20:43   Link #1689
cbfox99
Scrumy!

Oooooooooh, for those of you who can't wait for the spring dvd release, the novel of The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya was released early at amazon.com. I had to order the hardcover cause I'm probably gonna wear the cover out reading it so much.

How exciting, we can read where it all began, LEGALLY!

Don't know about you guys but this is my favorite book EVER!
Old 2010-10-16, 22:51   Link #1690
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

I see the trend of getting the books a couple weeks early is still holding true lol. I actually have to wait to get my on the street date because I ordered it through B&N along with the next book in the Wheel of Time series which releases the same day and it has to be shipped together because of the shipping I chose. But yeah, at least I'll have a couple good books to read in November (one of which to tide me over until the movie is released in the spring).

Old 2010-10-17, 06:40   Link #1691
Mungo0

So, I've just collected the tickets for the film in Edinburgh. Anybody else going to watch it?
Old 2010-10-22, 07:56   Link #1692
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Couple of news items:

1. On the Amazon yearly rankings the steel book edition has gotten back to number 10 on the year (it dropped due to Gundum Unicorn 2 jumping it) topping the Blu-Ray/DVD set of Avatar.

2. The movie will make it's European continental debut in two weekends (Nov. 5-7th) at the 3rd All-Ukraine festival of Japanese animation! Link. No word on any subtitles for this version.

Edit: Up to 136 theatres worldwide: 120 Japanese, 4 US, 1 Scotland, 1 European, 8 Taiwan, (undisclosed, but counting as 1 currently) South Korea, and 1 in Singapore.

2nd Edit: It slipped my mind earlier, but today was the start of the showings in Taiwan. They're only going on until 10/28 at the latest, so go see it before it stops!

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2010-10-22 at 12:29.
Old 2010-10-22, 12:48   Link #1693
Rungelunge

As ultimatemegax said, Haruhi's movie debuted today in Taiwan. I think it's the first non-japanese dub for the movie? Reviews so far are great, as always.

http://suzumiya2010.pixnet.net/blog/post/13268121

http://tw.movie.yahoo.com/movieinfo_review.html/id=3598

Last edited by Rungelunge; 2010-10-22 at 13:20.
Old 2010-10-22, 13:29   Link #1694
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rungelunge View Post
As ultimatemegax said, Haruhi's movie debuted today in Taiwan. I think it's the first non-japanese dub for the movie? Reviews so far are great, as always.

http://suzumiya2010.pixnet.net/blog/post/13268121

http://tw.movie.yahoo.com/movieinfo_review.html/id=3598
According to SBC Qiao Xing International Cinemas, the movie is in Japanese (I can't tell if it has Chinese subtitles, though the trailer did have them).

Old 2010-10-22, 13:36   Link #1695
Rungelunge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
According to SBC Qiao Xing International Cinemas, the movie is in Japanese (I can't tell if it has Chinese subtitles, though the trailer did have them).
ok, thanks!
In the fist url I posted there are such interesting captures of the movie. Can't wait to the BD release.
Old 2010-10-22, 20:12   Link #1696
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

For those fans who are looking to see the movie in Singapore at the Anime Festival Asia, they've posted that the movie will be shown in the Main Stage Hall (402) room on the Sunday of the event (November 14th). No time has been given yet.

Old 2010-10-23, 03:47   Link #1697
Rhythm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Edit: Up to 136 theatres worldwide: 120 Japanese, 4 US, 1 Scotland, 1 European, 8 Taiwan, (undisclosed, but counting as 1 currently) South Korea, and 1 in Singapore.
Omg! Not even one in Australia. Why must I be forced to refer to illegal methods!
Old 2010-10-23, 13:55   Link #1698
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhythm View Post
Omg! Not even one in Australia. Why must I be forced to refer to illegal methods!
I've got some more bad news for you. On November 21st, at the 35mm theatre in Moscow, Russia the movie will be shown. I'm sure we have a certain Asakura fan that will be happy about this. Thanks to The Russian SOS Brigade for the news.

Incidentally, as you may have guessed by my signature changes, the movie will be shown two more times in Japan: a one week showing at the Nagoya airport and a two week showing at the Warner MyCal Cinemas in Tama. Both begin on November 6th.

Old 2010-10-23, 20:54   Link #1699
Rhythm

-Sigh- That's so unfair. =_=
Old 2010-10-23, 21:27   Link #1700
kyonyun
Evil Overlordy Thing

Ikr Im from Australia as well and it looks like it wont even be screened in Sydney let alone Brisbane
Closed Thread

Tags
science fiction, shounen