AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-08-19, 14:30   Link #21
brood-faun

That's great! Did you guys manage to get a translator for snow queen?
brood-faun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 08:32   Link #22
1982Hero
4/4

Send a message via AIM to 1982Hero
Hope this series continues soon. It's one of my favorites
1982Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 13:31   Link #23
gumbaloom
Live-eviL Staffer

Send a message via AIM to gumbaloom Send a message via Yahoo to gumbaloom
[19:24] * Pirate_Prof_Goomba ササ MPClassic ォサ [ヲヲヲヲヲヲヲヲヲヲヲヲヲヲヲヲヲヲヲヲ] [Live-eviL] The Snow Queen - Ep 07 [CDEE355F]QC1 ォサ 00:24 / 25:02 ォサ 704x396 ォサ 23.976 fps ォサ ~119.22KB/s ォサ 174.99MB ォォ XviD MPEG-4 codec

*Mplayer classic spam of first QC version of ep 7 *

:c

I sincrely hope that the whiners will shut up now. There seems to be this myth that when a fansub group doesnt release something for a few months is because "they don't care" or "they're lazy" or "they picked up this show and got bored with it".

Simple fact is our translator went awol. Yes we have a new translator so the wheels are turning again. To quote Tofusensei and this is one of the rare occasions that I do, don't start watching a show that Live-eviL subs unless you're prepared to be in it for the long haul.

I can personally assure you that people do care about Snow Queen and that it WILL get finished and to Live-eviL's usual high standards.

:E

-gumbaloom
gumbaloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 15:11   Link #24
[darkfire]
Give them the What For!
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to [darkfire] Send a message via Yahoo to [darkfire]
Good job gumby for sticking with it. Will it be encoded like 5 and 6 was. 1-4 were fine but the ones arabianswan did was supurb.
Old 2006-08-21, 23:21   Link #25
Wavedash
Mayo on everything

Glad to hear it, Gumb! I have missed Snow Queen a lot, being a fan of these kinds of artful adventures and also of Kawasumi Ayako.
Wavedash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-20, 03:07   Link #26
bibicat

I really love this story<3

edit:
Hans Christian (first name) and Andersen (last name) is pretty common in Germany ( i know a lot of people with those names... first or last).. not only in Germany, but also in Austria, Schweiz etc.. but then again... Denmark is not that far away. I actually thought Herr Andersen was german ';x aiiiya!

Last edited by bibicat; 2006-09-20 at 03:37.
bibicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-20, 14:00   Link #27
gumbaloom
Live-eviL Staffer

[19:59] * @gumbaloom ササ MPClassic ォサ [ヲヲヲヲヲヲヲヲヲヲヲヲヲヲヲヲヲヲヲヲ] [Live-eviL] The Snow Queen - Ep 08 [31D6F177]QC1 ォサ 00:20 / 25:00 ォサ 704x396 ォサ 29.970 fps ォサ ~119.68KB/s ォサ 175.4MB ォォ XviD MPEG-4 codec

More Video Player spam :E

So well ya Eps 7 and 8 are in QC.

I sincrely hope those responsbility for QC spam will move their ass soon so I can release these.

-gumbaloom
Old 2006-10-15, 21:07   Link #28
gianna
gigi

-since I cannot get on IRC right now I'll say it here-
Yes! Please continue subbing The Snow Queen
And thank you for providing subs to begin with
gianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 15:00   Link #29
Reikou Hitakana

Man, people need to chill. L-E has always been a really good group and they've got quite a long history, so... Anyhow, don't really know how you guys handle things (1 translator/series?) but I might be willing to lend a hand since thus far, series = awesome and I've always loved this story. 3.5 years College level Japanese instruction and 1 Modern Japanese Lit. Course. The course was all in Japanese. We read writers like Murakami Haruki (not a fan at all x.x), Kurahashi Yumiko (big WTF goes here, but still awesome surrealism), some essays, and other authors whose names I've forgotten (regretably most of the authors we read just weren't my style :P ). That and I need something to keep my skill up.

-Reikou
Reikou Hitakana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 15:10   Link #30
Friera

Send a message via MSN to Friera
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibicat View Post
I really love this story<3

edit:
Hans Christian (first name) and Andersen (last name) is pretty common in Germany ( i know a lot of people with those names... first or last).. not only in Germany, but also in Austria, Schweiz etc.. but then again... Denmark is not that far away. I actually thought Herr Andersen was german ';x aiiiya!
No, Hans Christian and Andersen are common in Norway- where they got their origins. Like the last name "Andersen" (Or Andresen) is from 1800 when all norwegians need a surname so they picked the farm they owned and took it's name or took their fathers name (in this case - Anders - and put an "son" last equal to "son" (=sønn in norwegian).
And because Norway was in union with Danmark for many years, they influenced eachother and "son" became "sen".

Hans and Christian is two seperate first names put together. Christian is rather common other places of the world but not Hans. (And together both names are VERY common in norway.)
In other words, the name's origin are from Norway. (Or prehaps Dansih. It depends of how you look at it)

I just wonder, is someone name in The Snow Queen Johanne? How does japanese spell that name? (My name is Johanne, that's why I wonder. XD )
Old 2006-10-16, 16:58   Link #31
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

Yes, Kay's little sister's name is Johanne. They pronounce it "yohan." Don't know what kana they use.
Old 2006-10-27, 18:35   Link #32
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Glad another episode came out. This is a nice little series to watch.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 03:13   Link #33
EricMontreal22

WOOHOO a new episode
EricMontreal22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 02:28   Link #34
Edgewalker
Nani ?

Woa. Talk about underrated.
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 10:11   Link #35
JarOfMayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgewalker View Post
Woa. Talk about underrated.
Very true... Ragi is da man.
JarOfMayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 12:12   Link #36
Edgewalker
Nani ?

KInd of sad to see such a good story fly so far under the radar, I guess we may never see the end of this.
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 12:32   Link #37
gumbaloom
Live-eviL Staffer

Umm this is getting old, like I've said before I havent gone and spent $200 on buying the rest of the series on R2J DVD for it not to be subbed in its entireity.

If people want to see it finished volunteer to translate some scripts rather than being the peanut gallery kplsthx.

-gumbaloom
Old 2007-09-09, 22:12   Link #38
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Bringing it back from the depths. We get to see episode 11 subbed for us.

Following that story about the dancing shoes that just wouldn't stop no matter what. A really sad story with that family losing a grandmother and just living in such a poor situation. Can barely get by and the father who is a furniture maker/repair guy is just too nice sometimes not taking money from people.

Really just left me feeling bad for all involved. Can't blame the girl for being so pissed off about the situation she is living in. Mother died leaving everything on her shoulders. No doubt she made a stupid move to just leave in the funeral but this was too much. Having her dance through I think rose bushes for the effect of thorns then having her father die saving her from a falling tree. Toss in at the end her siblings getting split up it wasn't pretty. Sure it caused her to get over her depression about how crappy her world is. Getting serious and working hard to get her family reunited and all, but still sad.

Glad Live-Evil are still working on this one. Maybe it'll take a while for the series to finish, but I do enjoy the overall series.
Old 2007-12-13, 09:51   Link #39
ramon_escobar

Smile late but still.............

this was one of my favorite books as a kid
ramon_escobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 09:19   Link #40
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgewalker View Post
KInd of sad to see such a good story fly so far under the radar, I guess we may never see the end of this.

Lol, you should know better than to begin a live-evil show if you are not in it for the long haul.

Case in point:

2002-07-11 Creamy Mami 01
2007-05-29 Creamy Mami 52

almost 5 years to complete.

2002-08-12 Rose of Versailles 01
2005-07-14 Rose of Versailles 40

Almost 3 years to complete.

2004-04-21 Initial D Fourth Stage 01
2006-04-21 Initial D Fourth Stage 24

2 years exactly to complete.

We actually have a very low rate of dropping shows that are not licensed (of course we drop them when they get licensed).

We will finish subbing the show. If you'd like to speed up the progress, please find us another translator. Thanks!

-Tofu
Tofusensei is offline   Reply With Quote