AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator 2 - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 8 15.09%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 35.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 37.74%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 7.55%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.77%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-07, 14:32   Link #21
MeggieMay

^
Nice catch! I didn't even think to look for that.
Old 2013-11-07, 14:34   Link #22
mayumi

If Shoko does pilot then Haruto can stop whining about how its his curse.
Old 2013-11-07, 14:38   Link #23
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Fines View Post
I don't know if you saw this but Haruto's magius emblem is on his chest upper left side just below the collar bone and I hate to say it but I saw it during his shower scene.
Good eye! I didn't see that.
Old 2013-11-07, 14:38   Link #24
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
Just watched it & I loved it!
  • Pino has finally started talking. All it took was Marie going apeshit & dying.
  • Revelation! Haruto is headed for the Marie ending if he continues to pilot his VVV.
  • I like how H-Neun & X-Eins have a rather close friendship, its refreshing to see that compared to how L-Elf treats others.
  • The theory of L-Elf being a future pilot was crushed.
  • I was right! Cain is being jacked. (To all those who said that he is himself, you were wrong.)
  • L-Elf is finally starting to show some emotion, got a little power lust from him this episode.
  • Did H-Neun die?

Overall good episode. It was suspenseful & held my attention all the way. I'm a bit disappointed in Haruto though. Sometimes I think that L-Elf should've been the MC instead of Haruto.

We also know how Satomi eventually becomes a magius. Oh L-Elf you...XD

9/10.
Didn't we know Cain's "secret" for some time now? Like since the first time we've seen Magius?
Old 2013-11-07, 14:46   Link #25
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeggieMay View Post
Not crushed, just made harder to achieve. Check my post for my theories on that (I always put my stuff under spoilers for the first few hours because not everyone has Thursday off to be watching the show ).
Fair point, he may not be able to pilot Pino's generation of VVVs. But there are two more VVVs. One is not linked to Pino (VVV II) & the other is unknown at this point. However, in all likelyhood, VVV VII may also be an independent VVV, so L-Elf still has hope.

I have a feeling that VVV VII may be on earth, hidden somewhere in what was formerly Jior. Who will find it?, when will they find it? & how will they find it?

Quote:
An I was wrong about Marie's status but Irenesharda was on track about the memories being important. Yeah! all of us
I remember saying that in my posts on the episode 16 thread, but the number of doubters were high on that thread. Its pretty much confirmed that she kicked the bucket. R.I.P Marie.

Quote:
I think he went splat like the Valvrave pilots who didn't work out with Pino but I won't be surprised if he's still alive either. I think of more importance is his earring but time will tell on that one.
Well him being alive or dead isn't the utmost concern right now. I want to know if his earring was transmitting what it heard to another device or if it was recording & storing what was heard.

That makes a very big difference. Recording stays with the source, while transmitting it goes to another source.(Kreimheld?)

Quote:
I don't know if you saw this but Haruto's magius emblem is on his chest upper left side just below the collar bone and I hate to say it but I saw it during his shower scene.
Props to you dude. I so didn't notice that. So much happening this episode that you just miss the little things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Didn't we know Cain's "secret" for some time now? Like since the first time we've seen Magius?
A LOT of people were doubting it all the time. So I'm just pointing it out now, since I was one of the few that have been saying he's been jacked since episode 13's conclusion.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2013-11-07, 14:49   Link #26
erika4dsl

So the Magius is headed for the moon? Uh oh Shoko is probably gonna get kidnapped

Last edited by erika4dsl; 2013-11-07 at 16:06.
Old 2013-11-07, 14:52   Link #27
Key Board
Carbon

You don't need spoilers if the episode has aired

anyway, either

Nanami is going to save Shoko, getting herself captured/killed in the process

or

Shoko is captured, Nanami brings the bad news to the recon team
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-11-07, 14:55   Link #28
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

One more thing. What happened in the meeting room to leave it in such a state?

How bad did H-Neun get it?
Old 2013-11-07, 14:55   Link #29
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

^ If Shoko is captured, it either runes derivation and die or rescued. If it the latter Haruto gonna get really nice development in cost of Shoko's life. Haruto's development or Shoko's life? It damn hard to choose...
Old 2013-11-07, 14:59   Link #30
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Just a thought: Cain said, "I do feel terrible about him, X-Eins." Then he says, "I need to make arrangements for a new food source."

Supposing cain spared H-Neun & is now going to use him to contribute for their new food source?
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2013-11-07, 15:00   Link #31
MeggieMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
A LOT of people were doubting it all the time. So I'm just pointing it out now, since I was one of the few that have been saying he's been jacked since episode 13's conclusion.
For me it wasn't a case of doubting but a case of wondering how it worked. It wasn't clear, IMO, that Cain was a different person but someone who was simply a Magius. Also, Cain could have been a Magius when he met the kids originally and if so he'd always been the same character as far as they were concerned. We now know that Cain was a different person when the kids first met him but I'm still confused as to when Cain was jacked. Ep 13 seemed to imply it happened just after they met Cain but Kriemheld being suspicious and H neun also growing suspicious of this makes me wonder about the timeline. Then again something else that could be going on is that Magius swap bodies around and that Cain's been at least two different Magius in this series so far.

I have to be clear that I'm just confused most of the time with the Magius plot going on in Dorssia. Which Magius are behind the JIOR Valvraves and which ones are not or is that even the plot? That's a plot element I have found to be a problem with the show. I think they're trying to be mysterious with it but for me I'm just getting lost as to who is who on the Magius side. Hopefully next episode might clear it up a bit.
Old 2013-11-07, 15:06   Link #32
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Maggie, H-Neun & X-Eins met Cain 12 years ago. When Amadeus was confronted by the Magius, they said that Cain was Magius for 10 years. The real Cain disappeared two years after the boys met him.

Someones been camping in Cain for a decade, I wonder how he'll react if he ever gets free of his jacker?

Since you do not remember a jacking, Cain has been dormant for 10 years, he'll be looking at a new world if he gets his body back.

EDIT: Posted a little something extra in the Magius thread. I'm not sure on it though. Anyone care to post a theory on it?
Old 2013-11-07, 16:09   Link #33
erika4dsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
You don't need spoilers if the episode has aired

anyway, either

Nanami is going to save Shoko, getting herself captured/killed in the process

or

Shoko is captured, Nanami brings the bad news to the recon team
Haha thanks, I deleted the spoiler tag.
The second is more likely, Shoko hasn't had much screen time it would be silly if they killed her off when the Magius invades next episode.
Though her being a tragic hero that's something I see her becoming, but it's more likely with Haruto.
Old 2013-11-07, 16:10   Link #34
mayumi

Maybe in the future when Haruto is running low on runes, he just jacks L-Elf's body? If Cain and other magius jack other people's bodies, perhaps Haruto does in the future as well. Though unlikely, it would be interesting to see L-Elf give up something for a change.
Old 2013-11-07, 16:11   Link #35
FerrusManus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
Why does Pino like the runes only from the students from the school? Were the students experimented on or injected with something to make them suitable for not only piloting but feeding Pino as well? This would mean Shoko can pilot as well. It's got to be some JIOR government, Haruto's father and Shoko's father conspiracy theory.
Spoiler for Comparison to Gundam Unicorn:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-11-09 at 20:56. Reason: Please use spoiler tags when comparing to other shows
Old 2013-11-07, 16:23   Link #36
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Yes, I also noticed that. Now I wonder if all the pilots have one. We know Saki does in the future.

So E-Elf really does want to pilot a Valvrave, but at the moment can not.
It looks like originally X-Eins was going to be set up to get body jacked by one of the magius, but that plan seems to have been ruined/put on hold by H-Heuns showing up. I hope we find out exactly what happened to him and whether or not he was able to send any info to Kreimheld. This also seems to show that anyone before the third generation isn't immortal as they seem to body jack younger victims to stay alive. Or maybe this has to do with Rune depletion? As they deplete the Runes in their host bodies they move onto another hosts body.

Pino also seems to confirm that body jacked individuals and those who are feed upon also lose Runes from the experience, so if Haruto does continue to feed off E-Elf, there both going to end up in the same place as Marie.

There was certainly a lot of info to digest this episode.

Last edited by Cloudedmind; 2013-11-07 at 16:26. Reason: Add more stuff.
Old 2013-11-07, 16:44   Link #37
amethystjewel

Wait, is the Magius ship going over to Shoko or am I mistaken?

http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic221725_7.gif
Old 2013-11-07, 17:01   Link #38
VTHokiePride

Just finished the episode. What in the world is going on? H-neun is dead or MIA? Magius ship heading to the moon. Anyone at the Academy can be a pilot. The Dorsian hierarchy is getting body jacked one by one. Marie is dead and Haruto will be if he continues to pilot. And Rukino is still missing. I swear a lot of stuff happens in each episode.
Old 2013-11-07, 18:34   Link #39
kuromitsu

This show.... This show!!

I was all "YAY, SATOMI GETS TO PILOT A VVV" and then it turns out they were just teasing! No fair! I guess that seals it, the "Satomi" in the previous episode is most likely an identical-looking-descendant. Unless of course Satomi ends up as immortal later on but I don't see a lot of chances for that, not after this. I still hope, though. Go Satomi!

And L-11. Oh, L-11. NEVER CHANGE. XD

Other than that, wow, the plot thickens. The episode was rather disjointed, but so much happened. Poor H-9 (or "Hanno" as Hosoya Yoshimasa seems to prefer, with the sound director not bothering to correct him ), apparently he wasn't even good enough as a new host... or was he? Him dying definitely makes sense story-wise but I'm not sure they'd really want to kill off Miyano Mamoru's character halfway into the story. Oh well, hopefully X-1 will eventually go on a roaring rampage of revenge or something. The revelation about Cain was pretty awesome, though. The rest wasn't surprising after that, but it was still pretty effective.

And then there's A-3 and Saki. Awww.
Old 2013-11-07, 18:39   Link #40
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

I forgot one thing, L-elf finally show some emotion this episode. I guess show more time socializing and less time killing can change people.