AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-06, 00:02   Link #1221
guanin
Jiii~

Question: I've read that Kyon is actually the real God, not Haruhi, and that he only gave those powers to Haruhi. How true is this?
Old 2009-09-06, 00:14   Link #1222
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by guanin View Post
Question: I've read that Kyon is actually the real God, not Haruhi, and that he only gave those powers to Haruhi. How true is this?
Fan speculation. No confirmation or any real evidence.
Old 2009-09-06, 04:31   Link #1223
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
I liked the theory at one point, but I now personally doubt it. Sighs is actually the main reason I do. Can't see Kyon subconsciously wishing to get killed by a Mikuru Beam. Also, I'd find it rather coincidental for him to subconsciously wish into existence just the sort of out-of-season flowers that Haruhi was hoping for in Sighs... with out Haruhi making that flower preference explicitly known beforehand.
Old 2009-09-06, 10:33   Link #1224
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I liked the theory at one point, but I now personally doubt it. Sighs is actually the main reason I do. Can't see Kyon subconsciously wishing to get killed by a Mikuru Beam. Also, I'd find it rather coincidental for him to subconsciously wish into existence just the sort of out-of-season flowers that Haruhi was hoping for in Sighs... with out Haruhi making that flower preference explicitly known beforehand.
Well, he wasn't killed... Also, many defenders of that theory say Kyon is the origina god. Now is Haruhi, but only after Kyon giving his powers to her.

(I don't believe it, btw)
Old 2009-09-07, 00:14   Link #1225
guanin
Jiii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Lol, of course no one wants to kill anyone in Haruhi, ne? But Haruhi was the one to wish for those and not Kyon, but since Haruhi had the power to do that NOW...

Bah, what am I talking about. I only read that in some site. And from what I've read there are many evidences of that theory but no real confirmation yet from the novels.

Speaking of the novels, how many of the books are translated to English?
Old 2009-09-07, 00:15   Link #1226
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

Quote:
Speaking of the novels, how many of the books are translated to English?
Officially, just Melancholy. Sigh comes out Oct. 1, though.

Heminga13: Speculating and anticipating 'The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya' movie since August 3, 2009.
Old 2009-09-07, 03:45   Link #1227
EGFontanilla
Charming General Person

Can someone name the biggest fourth wall breaking incidents in the anime?
Old 2009-09-07, 05:06   Link #1228
brocko

The most straight forward example i can think of is during one of the Melancholy episodes where Kyon remarks something alone the lines of: "If anyone out there can hear me and is able to stomach being surrounded by a bunch of freaks and weirdos. Lets switch places please"

Not sure if these may be fourth wall breaking incidents but I'll list them anyway just in case:

Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody, involved going back to the all important "3 years ago" which is not only an important plot point in the series but also when this whole Haruhi craze began as well. Coincidentally it also took 3 years for Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody to come out, the same time it took for Kyon and Mikuru to get back to the present.

Endless Eight, repeated itself eight times in a row for eight weeks, eight episodes straight.

The Sighs of Suzumiya Haruhi involved them making a movie, and the five episode that make up this arc is structured as so. The episodes begin and end abruptly as if it were one movie divided into 5 parts (much like how movies use to be split onto two VCD's in the past before DVD's).

The official Haruhi website also likes to muck around now and then to match any current Haruhi related events. (too many to examples to name all, but one would be when Mystérique Sign aired and the official website was altered to matched that of the corrupted version in the episode.)

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
Old 2009-09-07, 07:40   Link #1229
EGFontanilla
Charming General Person

Cool, thanks for the insight. ^^

Another question I have is why Haruhi isn't in the slightest aware of her powers. Like, she wishes for something to happen, and it happens. She must at the very least be thinking that her desires have come true too many times for it to be coincidence. Is she really that dumb? x)
Old 2009-09-07, 08:02   Link #1230
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Either she has more common sense than is healthy or she's fully aware of the situation and is feigning ignorance.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-09-07, 17:48   Link #1231
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

There are also some looks Kyon gives in Sigh I that suggest he's looking at the audiance.
Old 2009-09-07, 19:21   Link #1232
Solachinx
is a myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post

Not sure if these may be fourth wall breaking incidents but I'll list them anyway just in case:

Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody, involved going back to the all important "3 years ago" which is not only an important plot point in the series but also when this whole Haruhi craze began as well. Coincidentally it also took 3 years for Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody to come out, the same time it took for Kyon and Mikuru to get back to the present.

Endless Eight, repeated itself eight times in a row for eight weeks, eight episodes straight.

The Sighs of Suzumiya Haruhi involved them making a movie, and the five episode that make up this arc is structured as so. The episodes begin and end abruptly as if it were one movie divided into 5 parts (much like how movies use to be split onto two VCD's in the past before DVD's).

The official Haruhi website also likes to muck around now and then to match any current Haruhi related events. (too many to examples to name all, but one would be when Mystérique Sign aired and the official website was altered to matched that of the corrupted version in the episode.)
I think that's more symbolism than 4th Wall Breaking.

Would K4 be a good nickname for Kyon?
Old 2009-09-07, 19:29   Link #1233
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

Yeah, 4th wall breaking is more stuff that happens in the actual episodes/story/etc., isn't it? Like a character directly speaking to the audience or something.

Heminga13: Speculating and anticipating 'The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya' movie since August 3, 2009.
Old 2009-09-08, 16:33   Link #1234
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heminga13 View Post
Yeah, 4th wall breaking is more stuff that happens in the actual episodes/story/etc., isn't it? Like a character directly speaking to the audience or something.
Yeah. I beleive there is no 4th wall break in Haruhi. The anime/novel is pretty 'realist', so it is as they are actually in another world, not in a TV screen or in pages of a book.
Old 2009-09-08, 16:39   Link #1235
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

Well, Kyon's narration sometimes eludes to an audience but I guess you could argue that he's just talking to himself and pretending someone is listening.

Old 2009-09-08, 16:43   Link #1236
Heatth

I do it a lot when thinking to myself. The point is the are not awere they are characters in a show or someting similar to it.
Old 2009-09-08, 16:48   Link #1237
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
I do it a lot when thinking to myself. The point is the are not awere they are characters in a show or someting similar to it.
Yeah, I can agree with that. Now to wonder why Kyon likes to talk to himself so much...or who he's narrating the story to. That's probably a discussion for a different thread.

Old 2009-09-08, 16:53   Link #1238
Solachinx
is a myth

So, is K4 a good nickname?
Old 2009-09-08, 17:31   Link #1239
Heatth

Don'r think so. 'K' is read as 'kay' right? So, while the 4 can be the 'yon' of 'Kyon', the 'K' can't be the 'K', uless it was said as a 'ki'.

Also, K4(kayyon) remember be K-ON(kay-on).

Post Postum:
Assuming you readi is in the same way U1 is read as Yuuichi.
Old 2009-09-09, 04:05   Link #1240
Solachinx
is a myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
Don'r think so. 'K' is read as 'kay' right? So, while the 4 can be the 'yon' of 'Kyon', the 'K' can't be the 'K', uless it was said as a 'ki'.

Also, K4(kayyon) remember be K-ON(kay-on).

Post Postum:
Assuming you readi is in the same way U1 is read as Yuuichi.
Ok, trying to find a simple 2 character nickname like K1 or U1 as a type of shorthand when typing; thanks.