AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-12-02, 23:13   Link #61
Electrode

Wouldn't that decrease the awesomeness factor, though?

*yaaaaawn* Here we go again, yet another huge toad summon... - wouldn't it be better to try and stem that kind of mindset? Anyway, Naruto's only a teenager, give him a little more time, hehe.
Electrode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 01:02   Link #62
ipoopupoop

what a waste a bandwidth for this episode. i want my 24 minutes back. fucking thieves. Eating spaghetti-o's is more entertaining then watching this episode.
ipoopupoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 01:58   Link #63
aznpunk97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrode
Yes, at that point, I only saw one head, and the container with the bow behind it as the camera moved. I only noticed the second head after Jiroubou created the earth dome, just before the episode title came up. But surely the fact that the second head appeared, and retracted when the dome was finished, should mean that it had a part to play in Sakon's 'ability' - so what part did it play?
i know, i know! the head broke off from sakon and using its chakra to propel itself above the ground, it started floating into the woods. then it went around the other side and started spitting out kunai's from its mouth towards the group. muahahahaa, what a cooool ability!!
aznpunk97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 07:35   Link #64
AkatsukisApprentice
Akatsuki's Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrode
Wouldn't that decrease the awesomeness factor, though?

*yaaaaawn* Here we go again, yet another huge toad summon... - wouldn't it be better to try and stem that kind of mindset? Anyway, Naruto's only a teenager, give him a little more time, hehe.
What part of Gamabunta is not awesome...if he was summoned I would say like Sakura "Hell Yeah!". You will have one peed off Gamabunta (like the first time he was summoned by naruto in the ridge) but so what...all is good

What I would of liked to see is, if Naruto had to use the kyuubi's chakra in the clay prison, and if the kyuubi was getting his powers drained..exactly how long would it take for it to run out
AkatsukisApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 11:44   Link #65
velkin
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipoopupoop
what a waste a bandwidth for this episode. i want my 24 minutes back. fucking thieves. Eating spaghetti-o's is more entertaining then watching this episode.
How about eating spaghetti-o's WHILE watching the episode?!? Problem solved?
velkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 14:02   Link #66
Kayess
Guy From Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipoopupoop
I truly pity people like you who haven't the ability to appreciate something if it is not "exciting"...

Meh... one day you will grow up.. so I will not make much fuss.
Kayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 14:11   Link #67
kboykb

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkatsukisApprentice
What part of Gamabunta is not awesome...if he was summoned I would say like Sakura "Hell Yeah!". You will have one peed off Gamabunta (like the first time he was summoned by naruto in the ridge) but so what...all is good
Gama is indeed awesome, but let's see Naruto use his own skills and become "awesome" instead of relying on the 'bunt meister all the time

and..

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznpunk97
i know, i know! the head broke off from sakon and using its chakra to propel itself above the ground, it started floating into the woods. then it went around the other side and started spitting out kunai's from its mouth towards the group. muahahahaa, what a cooool ability!!
You're close
kboykb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 16:11   Link #68
Senien

Send a message via ICQ to Senien Send a message via AIM to Senien Send a message via MSN to Senien Send a message via Yahoo to Senien
Though I agree that Naruto should rely on his own power instead of calling on Gamabunta to help, it would've been pretty sweet to see him summon Gamabunta in the Neiji battle at the chuunin exam.
Old 2004-12-03, 16:40   Link #69
Yujinbito

Would Naruto even have had the chakra to summon Gamabunta?

As for the Kyuubi chakra, as has been pointed out already Naruto is not in his most calm and collected state. I think it's plausible that the idea didn't even occur to him.
Yujinbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 16:59   Link #70
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Aside from the fact that it would be boring if Naruto always relied on Kyuubi to get him out of a jam or win a fight, it requires absolute concentration for him to summon Gamabunta. His chakra also has to be depleted to use the Kyuubi chakra. Naruto would not have had the chakra to summon Gamabunta on his own the way he did against Gaara and I think it would be too much for him to concentrate on gather chakra while his current chakra is being consumed. It would be like trying to swim up stream, where you have to focus on swimming forward and keeping from being pulled in the current.
Old 2004-12-03, 18:31   Link #71
monir
cho~ kakkoii

ShurikenJay, that's the second post of yours that I have agreed with completely. What's gotten into you? Some folks here don't seem to understand how hard it is to summon Gamabunta, especially for Naruto who has the worst chakra-control ability. Then of course the matter of having a huge chakra storage and blah blah blah blah... Point is, in two occasion Naruto was able to summon the mighty frog because all the required things to summon were in sync with his physical temparament. There is also the stated point about how it will be annoying to see the Giant frog is summoned up even if Naruto steps on dog-crap.

Btw, in case you are wondering, this was the other post that I agreed with completely and surprisingly enough it was devoid of any theories.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 19:02   Link #72
Demo

I thought the episode was ok, nothing special though.Although we did get to see some cool new moves. But if what is said before is true then we should be in for some good episodes to come

(Sorry not very long but it's my first post) ^_^
Demo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 19:20   Link #73
momojigari
Great I-Jin

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Incarnate//
Hmm shika is almost starting to impress me, i was abit iffy of him being promoted to chunnin but this sheds some light onto why he might be worthy of the title, i wonder if a jounin in the same situation would have done the same or better strategy.
"Starting to impress" should be an understatement. Shika clearly deservers the title, not cuz he 'officially' passed the chunnin test but having a super IQ like him, he sure does make good use of it at the right time. I mean, compare to his comrades stuck in the cave with him, all of 'em started to panic 'cept for the good ol' leader. No wonder, they had to make shika the leader, cuz i'm sure the team would've lost it at the end. (disregarding the possibility that Naruto will simply just try to summon Gama..but really...naruto was indeed annoying this episode).

On a side note...it'd be funny as hell if naruto did try to do the whole summon business and instead got the lil froggies. hahaha..that'd be hilarious. Can't wait for the next episode.
momojigari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 19:39   Link #74
xavier8200

Quote:
Originally Posted by momojigari
On a side note...it'd be funny as hell if naruto did try to do the whole summon business and instead got the lil froggies. hahaha..that'd be hilarious. Can't wait for the next episode.
That would be funny and would probably be what would happen if Naruto tried to summon. Wouldn't the chakra that he tried to accumulate be sucked away? Even if Naruto went Kyuubi wuoldn't the chakra just be absorbed faster? maybe Naruto could have made the sound ninja overload on chakra (if possible) just like everyone's favorite dragon ball z (I couldn't resist).

On another side note: Has anyone downloaded the music video for the current opening by sambomaster? I thought it was interesting. the lead singer was working hard and sweating even more.

Last edited by xavier8200; 2004-12-03 at 22:20.
xavier8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 19:42   Link #75
Senien

Send a message via ICQ to Senien Send a message via AIM to Senien Send a message via MSN to Senien Send a message via Yahoo to Senien
I've always found Shikamaru to be pretty interesting. His complete lack of motivation, and ability to still progress onward always caught me off guard, lol. It seems like his time to shine is now, and frankly I look forward to it in the episodes to come. Watching a shinobi battle based on strategy is a welcome change to your average match of power vs more power.
Old 2004-12-03, 20:07   Link #76
Bombermanofdeath
Ultimate Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek
My biggest complaint with this episode is how Chouji insisted on making stupid noises as he rolled. It's a ridiculous enough jutsu as it is, I don't know why he insists on embarassing himself.
Are you kidding? His whirring noise is so insanely cool! It's obvious fat people make weird noises when they're running/doing anything physical even in real life.
Bombermanofdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 21:03   Link #77
ssj4V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay
I swear I will start reading the manga if another filler arc comes along.

Just out of curiosity how close is the anime to the manga now?
I've said this before,

Technically, 2 volumes = 10 episodes (there are arround 9 chapters in each volume), the anime is now up to episodes 112 which is chapter 186 in volume 21 in the manga, which the manga is currently up to chapter 241 in volume 27, now if my calculations r correct, when the anime reaches up to where the manga is now, it should be arround episode 135, but no thanks to that filler arc or whatever u guys call it (episodes 97, 99-106) u gotta add 9 so it should be arround episode 144 (well, atleast approximatly), when it reaches to chapter 241 that is, and hope that no more pointless filler is added again. And just to let you know last episode 110-111 covered chapters 182-185 so the anime is catching up pretty quick. And please keep in mind that the anime team kept this formula right up to the special 95-96 episode, but lost it thanks to the filler arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramen Girl
I'm really looking forward to
Spoiler:
in the next episode (or the next couple of episodes, depending on how long the animation team plans to drag it out...).

I didn't really think too much of Choji as a character prior to this point in the storyline, but the events in the manga really gave him a lot of depth and helped to explain his friendship with Shikamaru.

I guess it's one of those defining moments. I didn't really think too much of Hinata before her fight with Neji, but after I saw that episode, she became one of my favorite characters in the series. The same thing goes for Rock Lee after his fight with Gaara. I think that after the next few episodes, a lot of the people will have a lot more respect/appreciation for Choji.
I got that at, ahem... episode 33, CHOUJI RULEZ!!1! R3SPECT!!
ssj4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 22:09   Link #78
AkatsukisApprentice
Akatsuki's Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yujinbito
Would Naruto even have had the chakra to summon Gamabunta?
You forgot the training with Jiriya? and the talk of blue and red chakra...ringing any bells...naruto fighting clones of himself so that he has 0 normal chakra....then practicing the summon.....yes...no???
AkatsukisApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 23:49   Link #79
katon
Some random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombermanofdeath
Are you kidding? His whirring noise is so insanely cool! It's obvious fat people make weird noises when they're running/doing anything physical even in real life.
Haha, yeah, that was cool. I was like wth is that noise that he's making,
Old 2004-12-04, 00:07   Link #80
SåßrêStrïké

Send a message via AIM to SåßrêStrïké
Let's see... Chouji's making wierd noises and releasing blue gas... kinda glad they broke outta there. No telling what the smell was gonna be like.
SåßrêStrïké is offline   Reply With Quote