AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2013-01-01, 11:18   Link #41
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Indeed, especially that if a given fall series managed to remain fresh in people mind the next year, that either means 1) this series was THAT good 2) the second year was just quite poor in some aspects.
We've seen fanbase migration and organized fanvotes happening last year. Right now series like One Piece and Naruto aren't a problem because they are not eligible, but if they were eligible it would only take a little bit of initiative and the entire awards would get spammed with them.

The ongoing series category is being discussed.
Old 2013-01-01, 11:40   Link #42
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

-{A1}- [Best Storyline & Plot] Chihayafuru
-{A2}- [Best Visuals & Animation] K-On! Movie

Once a great story grabs hold, it won't let go.
It's hard to pick a winner from such a broad and open topic, but a good story to me is something that captivates me and gets me genuinely attached. Ano Natsu de Matteru was a fantastic series that I had considered, but it just didn't hold up to what I experienced in Chihayafuru. For such a simple idea revolving around the poetic sport of Karuta, it does one hell of a job in establishing its amazing world. It shares many similarities to Hikaru no Go for me, but it's a series that does so many things even better.
Visuals aren't everything, but you'd be a fool to say they were nothing.
I am definitely a little biased towards Kyoto Animation all of the time here, but I think it's an okay bias for me to resort to. As always, my studio of choice has given me some jaw-dropping moments of animation quality, and my favourite area of such are their shots of cities at night. Hyouka was a consideration, and whilst that series had some pretty breathtaking shots, it was counterbalanced with some rather average ones as well. Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! had its moments too, but the battle scenes where it excelled were too few between to kick it up to the top. As such, I gave it to the well-budgeted K-ON! Movie, which gave a great focus to the simplistic style of the original series.
-{B0}- [Best Action-Adventure] Mirai Nikki
-{B1}- [Best Fantasy] Sword Art Online
-{B2}- [Best Science Fiction] Rinne no Lagrange
-{B3}- [Best Horror] Another
-{B4}- [Best Mystery] Hyouka
-{B5}- [Best Drama] Kokoro Connect
-{B6}- [Best Romance] Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
-{B7}- [Best Comedy] Yuru Yuri♪♪
-{B8}- [Best Slice of Life] Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
-{B9}- [Best Sports] Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A

Life itself is an adventure brimming with action.
For its clever use of differing methods of combat between its characters, Mirai Nikki wins it for me. Sword Art Online was considered, but the "action" remained on a relatively level scale all throughout.
The more unique the idea is, the more fantastic the fantasy is.
Sword Art Online is the winner for the imaginative worlds it created and thoroughly explored. Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! and Black★Rock Shooter (TV) were considerations, but their attachments to the real world were much stronger, which ultimately weakens the influence of the fantasy itself.
Science fiction, the ultimate oxymoron of our time.
To me, a good sci-fi doesn't come from how cyber/steampunk it looks, but how well it can balance an idea of a fictional concept with a hint towards the scientific. As such, Rinne no Lagrange had a futuristic mecha element to it, but the true joy of that series came from its likable protagonist Madoka and her antics with the people around her, making it my top pick. Sword Art Online was once again considered, but the characters' interactions never reached the apex of its competitor.
The best horrors are the best mysteries; the fear of being unaware of what's coming.
It may be just me, but getting scared over a loud jump scare feels cheap to me. My biggest moments of fright are from the unknown- the mere thought that something is after you, but you have no idea what it is. While not actually reaching the levels of actually frightening me, Another takes the gold for creating a chilling atmosphere that remained mysterious. Mirai Nikki and Kokoro Connect were considerations, but the nature of those two series places them under other specific genres.
A mystery always lies in wait, only revealing itself to the curious and worthy.
One big mystery to me is how many people ended up discarding Hyouka as a mystery series. A mystery will not always be the length of a good novel, nor will it always have the depth of a set of Sherlockian literature. A mystery is a mystery if an idea or concept becomes shrouded to its investigators, leaving a path to its truths that is anything but straightforward. As such, it greatly succeeded in keeping my intrigue at a great high, and easily deserves to be my pick.
Humans build drama, and drama builds character.
While drama is a term describing the depiction/performance of a fictional idea, a secondary definition has gained strength lately, which is what I hold a stronger feeling towards. Kokoro Connect is a great example of the secondary description, where conflicts between characters aren't resolved through easy means, but rather through pain, loss and distrust in each other. Ano Natsu de Matteru comes in at a very close second, but the series took a lighthearted nature to itself, causing the drama scenes to have less impact overall.
A love that is built through hardships and errors is stronger than one that is built on momentous impulses.
I love a great romance, but the best ones start off at the very bottom and build their way up. Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! had a romance that initially reeked simply of pure moe, but as it built up, it showed great depth and just felt so sweet. The most wonderful aspect of it all was how it flashed back to show the events leading to their entire relationship. Amagami SS+ Plus and Ano Natsu de Matteru were heavily considered, but neither was as good for me.
A smile uses less muscles in the body than a frown does, but that doesn't mean it's not as important.
I love a great comedy. It's a genre that can be free of general judgment and just enjoyed for what they are. Ergo, I judge this category by how much pure joy I received from it; from the small smiles to the side-holding laughter moments. Yuru Yuri♪♪ wins by a hair, but let it be noted that Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! was so close to tying for first.
Since we all must live out a life of our own, what's better than experiencing slices of others' lives?
Slice-of-life is one of my favourite genres when done right. Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun is such a case, where everything from the main characters to everyone involved with them were absolutely lovable. Great interactions between absolutely unforgettable characters makes this one my pick. Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!, Chihayafuru, Ano Natsu de Matteru and Yuru Yuri♪♪ were all considered, but came nowhere close in these terms.
Athletics do not make the sport. Rather, it's the passion for a great competition and the drive to give it your all that does.
A shortage of what is considered sport anime series this year. From what I watched, both Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A and Chihayafuru well portrayed the passion to achieve one's goals related to their sports, but the former was my pick as it focused more on the aspects of the game itself, making it a more suitable pick for this category.
-{C1}- [Best TV Series] Chihayafuru
-{C2}- [Best OVA] A-Channel: A-Channel+smile
-{C3}- [Best Movie] K-On! Movie

The cream of the crop must excel in every aspect, for nothing else shall be allowed to bask in its glory.
So many great series this year, I cannot deny. Some made me laugh, others got me emotionally involved and attached. Throughout it all however, only one series showed great consistency of securing my invested emotions and preventing them from ever escaping, and that is Chihayafuru. Let it be known that the series was so fascinating to me that I marathoned the entire thing on my train ride from Los Angeles to Seattle.
An expansion of an existing world can be just as immersive as the content it is built from.
A-Channel: A-Channel+smile did absolutely everything a good OVA should do, and that is to stay true to its roots whilst offering expansion from what was already previously presented. For that reason, it has my vote.
A longer film does not imply it is better. The scale of relativity to enjoyment must be kept at a constant balance.
I'm sorry to say that my choice of film is the only one from the list I experienced personally. However, let me mention that the K-On! Movie was a wonderfully charming experience for me. It was cute, it was fun and it was well thought out.
-{D1}- [Best Female Lead] Takanashi Rikka / Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
-{D2}- [Best Male Lead] Yoshida Haru / Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
-{D3}- [Best Antagonist] Heartseed / Kokoro Connect
-{D4}- [Best Side-Character] Yamano Remon / Ano Natsu de Matteru
-{D5}- [Best World Setting] Black★Rock Shooter (TV)
-{D6}- [Best Credits Theme] Hayate no Gotoku! Can't Take My Eyes Off You OP
-{D7}- [Best Soundtrack] Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
-{D8}- [Best Ongoing Series] Psycho-Pass

Females are often depicted as the symbols of pure moe, but they can be so much more underneath that.
Takanashi Rikka captured my damn heart this year. It took me a few episodes to truly start liking her character, but by the end of the series I had seen her in an entirety. She quickly brought the humour to the series, then slowly began to add the emotional elements to it as well. It was all too perfect, as she managed to accomplish all this whilst being absolutely adorable.
Be it shows of strength or emotional attachments of romance, male leads are integral parts of a great story.
This was so much easier to pick than the female counterpart, as a majority of the male characters this year were the same vapid and useless idiots that have been giving men a bad name for decades. However, whilst Yoshida Haru isn't exactly the smartest social butterfly around, he's what I like to describe as an innocent child-at-heart. He can be violent, but only to protect himself and anyone he cares about. It also helps that his antics with his pet rooster is absolutely fantastic. Say what you want, but this is a character I just can't hate.
Opposing the main force, an antagonist may even turn out to be the one with the right ideals.
Heartseed (or Balloon Vine) is one nasty antagonist. Though he uses another person's body and a monotonous voice to hide it, the fact remains that he exists to cause dramatic stress between the main characters. Tears are shed, arguments become heated and even lives are endangered, but he just keeps returning. The worst part is that he always returns, and there's nothing the protagonists can do.
Side characters are the support for the main cast, but sometimes they become even more interesting as a result.
My god, talk about a fantastic and lovable side character. Yamano Remon is a character I absolutely cannot ever forget, as the impressions she left on me may as well have been rended by sharp claws into the spongy corners of my brain. Her actions alone would leave a heavy impression on me, but what killed me about her was her hilarious tone of voice. It's impossible to tell what this girl is plotting, and that's probably for the best.
The setting for a world builds itself upon is the foundation for its development.
My choice for this category is Black★Rock Shooter (TV), as I quite enjoyed the concept of an alternate world where the heaviest of emotions are suffered and endured. Much like the often sunset and shadow-ridden atmospheres of the regular world, the otherworld was always given a crumbling look that accentuated the effect.
A great theme will linger in your memory for months, and it will always return to you when needed.
As mediocre as the series itself was, Can't Take My Eyes Off You was one heck of an enjoyable opening sequence. In the short time it plays on the screen, you can witness a story in itself through the lovable music and the good use of visuals.
A great plot holds little meaning without a great soundtrack.
Finally, my favourite overall soundtrack of the year. My choice goes to Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, which beautifully blended together its elements of humour, friendship, love and even hate. Simply amazing to listen to, and it's very memorable.
As long as a series is ongoing, it shall remain a well of potentials.
Whilst Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo and Robotics;Notes are very worthy competitors for the title, Psycho-Pass is what has my utmost attention at the moment. It's dark, it's intriguing, and the characters all work together very well.

Last edited by Hiroi Sekai; 2013-01-01 at 19:43.
Hiroi Sekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 12:10   Link #43
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

-{A1}- [Best Storyline & Plot]
  • Fate/Zero

-{A2}- [Best Visuals & Animation]
  • Chuunibyo Demo Koi Ga Shitai
  • Sword Art Online
  • Fate/Zero

-{B0}- [Best Action-Adventure]
  • Fate/Zero
  • Sword Art Online

-{B1}- [Best Fantasy]
  • Fate/Zero
  • K

-{B3}- [Best Horror]
  • Another
  • Tasogare Otome x Amnesia

-{B4}- [Best Mystery]
  • Hyouka
  • Another

-{B5}- [Best Drama]
  • Kokoro Connect
  • Ano Natsu de Matteru
  • Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai

-{B6}- [Best Romance]
  • Ano Natsu de Matteru
  • Kokoro Connect
  • Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun

-{B7}- [Best Comedy]
  • Kill Me Baby
  • Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou
  • Yuruyuri

-{B8}- [Best Slice of Life]
  • Yuruyuri
  • Acchi Kocchi

-{C3}- [Best Movie]
  • Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos

-{D1}- [Best Female Lead]
  • Konoe Yuuko / Tasogare Otome x Amnesia
  • Himeko Inaba / Kokoro Connect
  • Mizutani Shizuku / Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun

-{D2}- [Best Male Lead]
  • Emiya Kiritsugu / Fate/Zero
  • Oreki Houtaro / Hyouka

-{D3}- [Best Antagonist]
  • Kotomine Kirei / Fate Zero
  • Nobuyuki Sugou / Sword Art Online

-{D4}- [Best Side-Character]
  • Tanigawa Kanna / Ano Natsu de Matteru
  • Fukube Satoshi / Hyouka
  • Rider / Fate/Zero

-{D5}- [Best World Setting]
  • Accel World
  • K

-{D6}- [Best Credits Theme]
  • Sword Art Online OP1
  • Fate/Zero OP2
  • Ano Natsu de Matteru ED1

-{D7}- [Best Soundtrack]
  • Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai
  • Ano Natsu de Matteru
  • Sword Art Online

Not many shows I watched this year.

too bad that there's a new rule that was implied
I'd vote for series like Psycho-Pass, Robotics;Notes, Sakurasou and Shin Sekai Yori on other categories

EDIT:
edited the format. sorry bout that

Last edited by Frailty; 2013-01-01 at 21:08.
Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 12:16   Link #44
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I am very skeptical about the "ongoing series" , it just screams as a consolation category for fans of mentioned ongoing shows. To me Space Brothers clearly is my favorite sci-fi and drama series in 2012, well above the rest, and Mutta have his place along with the Joestars and Kiritsugu. As for villains, Dio Brando is as deserving to be competiting as Kirei. And I can go on.

You have made a mistake.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 12:30   Link #45
Blaat

I remember back in, what must have been late 2006, early 2007, another forum I frequently visit decided to have a top 100 TV series of all time list. The result? Heroes ended up being second. Yeah, you read that correctly. Which just shows you how important it is for a show to finish before we can judge it properly.
So kudos to Haak and others involved to include the rule.

• Chihayafuru
  • Tsuritama

• Hyouka
  • Tsuritama

-{B1}- [Best Fantasy]
  • Fate Zero
  • Tsuritama
  • Natsume Yuujinchou Shi

-{B2}- [Best Science Fiction]
  • Jinrui wa Suitai wa Shimashita

-{B3}- [Best Horror]
  • Another

-{B4}- [Best Mystery]
  • Hyouka
  • Another

-{B5}- [Best Drama]
  • Chihayafuru
  • Sakamichi no Apollon

-{B6}- [Best Romance]
  • Chihayafuru
  • Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
  • Ano Natsu de Matteru

-{B7}- [Best Comedy]
  • Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
  • Gintama'

-{C1}- [Best TV Series]
  • Chihayafuru
  • Hyouka
  • Tsuritama

• Watashi / Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
  • Chihaya Ayase / Chihayafuru

-{D2}- [Best Male Lead]
  • Taichi Mashima / Chihayafuru
  • Sakata Gintoki / Gintama'

• Satoshi Fukube / Hyouka
  • Asako Natsume / Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun

• Gintama'

• Tsuritama OP1
  • Chihayafuru OP1
  • Eureka 7 AO OP1

-{D7}- [Best Soundtrack]
  • Sakamichi no Apollon
  • Chihayafuru
  • Eureka 7 AO

-{D8}- [Best Ongoing Series]
  • Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199
  • Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn
  • Shinsekai yori

Last edited by Blaat; 2013-01-01 at 17:18.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 12:31   Link #46
Scab
Saizen
*Fansubber

Voting for unfinished shows makes no sense to me, nor does multi-year eligibility. The line between what's a sequel and what's just a broadcast pause is certainly getting fuzzy, though. I guess the 1 cour break rule is a decent guideline, at the very least.

Eligibility in the year that the series ends seems sensible to me. What exactly is the problem with this? Other than impatience.
Scab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 12:31   Link #47
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
I am very skeptical about the "ongoing series" , it just screams as a consolation category for fans of mentioned ongoing shows. To me Space Brothers clearly is my favorite sci-fi and drama series in 2012, well above the rest, and Mutta have his place along with the Joestars and Kiritsugu. As for villains, Dio Brando is as deserving to be competiting as Kirei. And I can go on.
And you'll be able to vote for them next year
Old 2013-01-01, 13:22   Link #48
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I would have to point out that such things like "it won twice in a row" should not matter. If the show was that good, than it deserves to win both times.
I'm only speaking personally here, so Haak, Reckoner, and others might disagree.

However, I personally think that the AS Choice Awards should try to minimize the impact of "Airing Date" as much as possible. In other words, we should minimize the advantages or biases rooted entirely in what season(s) an anime airs.

Let's take Hyouka, Psycho-Pass, and Anime 2013X (a hypothetical two-cour 2013 anime) for an example here.

Let's say that Hyouka and Psycho-Pass end up competing directly in two categories for 2012 awards - Hyouka wins one, Psycho-Pass wins one.

Now let's say that Psycho-Pass and Anime 2013X end up competing directly in the same two categories for 2013 awards - Psycho-Pass wins one, Anime 2013X wins one.

In the end, the voters seem to value the three shows about equally, but because Psycho-Pass had the good fortune of starting to air in the Fall, it gets to compete in two separate years. This gives it a major advantage over Hyouka and Anime 2013X just because of when it aired. That just doesn't seem fair to me.

Actually, the only way I could see multi-year eligibility being defensible is if the show is a long-runner like Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece. But that would present problems of its own, like felix pointed out.

But I definitely do get the idea of wanting to reward good ongoing shows that won't finish airing in the calender year that the awards are for. So for that reason, I personally like the "ongoing series" award idea.
Old 2013-01-01, 13:56   Link #49
Kouvley

• Fate Zero

• Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
  • Hyouka
  • Fate Zero

• Fate Zero

-{B1}- [Best Fantasy]

-{B4}- [Best Mystery]
  • Hyouka

-{B7}- [Best Comedy]
  • Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
  • Joshiraku

• Hyouka
  • Tari Tari

-{C1}- [Best TV Series]
  • Hyouka
  • Fate Zero

-{C3}- [Best Movie]
  • K-on! Movie

• Takanashi Rikka / Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!

-{D2}- [Best Male Lead]
  • Oreki Houtarou / Hyouka
  • Emiya Kiritsugu / Fate Zero

-{D3}- [Best Antagonist]
  • Gilgamesh / Fate Zero

• Rider / Fate Zero

• Sword Art Online
  • Fate Zero

• Joshiraku ED1
  • Guilty Crown ED1
  • Fate Zero OP2

-{D7}- [Best Soundtrack]
  • Fate Zero
  • Guilty Crown

• Psycho Pass
  • Shinsekai Yori

Last edited by Kouvley; 2013-01-02 at 01:34. Reason: ongoing series
Kouvley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 14:37   Link #50
kleon90

• Fate Zero

• Fate Zero
  • Nisemonogatari
  • Another

• Fate Zero

-{B1}- [Best Fantasy]
  • Fate Zero

-{B3}- [Best Horror]
  • Another

-{B4}- [Best Mystery]
  • Another
  • Nisemonogatari
  • Nekomonogatari (Black)

-{B7}- [Best Comedy]
  • Nisemonogatari

-{C1}- [Best TV Series]
  • Fate Zero
  • Nisemonogatari
  • Another

• Saber / Fate Zero
  • Mei Misaki / Another

-{D2}- [Best Male Lead]
  • Emiya Kiritsugu / Fate Zero
  • Koyomi Araragi / Nisemonogatari

-{D3}- [Best Antagonist]
  • Deishu Kaiki / Nisemonogatari

• Ayase Shinomiya / Guilty Crown
  • Karen Araragi / Nisemonogatari
  • Minene Uryuu / Mirai Nikki

• Guilty Crown

• Fate Zero OP2
  • Mirai Nikki OP1
  • Another OP

-{D7}- [Best Soundtrack]
  • Fate Zero
  • Guilty Crown
  • Another

• Psycho-Pass
  • Robotics;Notes

Last edited by kleon90; 2013-01-10 at 12:01. Reason: "Best ongoing series" added, plus other minor changes
kleon90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 15:39   Link #51
lighto13
Zero Knight

Fate/Zero
Mirai Nikki
Another

Fate/Zero
Nisemonogatari
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!

Fate/Zero
Sword Art Online
Guilty Crown

-{B1}- [Best Fantasy]
Fate/Zero
Mirai Nikki
Persona 4 The Animation

Sword Art Online
Guilty Crown
Accel World

-{B3}- [Best Horror]
Mirai Nikki
Another
Black Rock Shooter

-{B4}- [Best Mystery]
Mirai Nikki
Another
Hyouka

-{B5}- [Best Drama]
Sankarea
Kokoro Connect
Sakamichi no Apollon

-{B6}- [Best Romance]
Sword Art Online
Sankarea

-{B7}- [Best Comedy]
Nisemonogatari
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou

Tsuritama
Hyouka

-{B9}- [Best Sports]
Kuroko no Basuke
Sword Art Online
Tsuritama

-{C1}- [Best TV Series]
Fate/Zero
Nisemonogatari
Sword Art Online

-{C2}- [Best OVA]
Code Geass: Nunnally in Wonderland

-{C3}- [Best Movie]
K-ON! Movie

Asuna - Sword Art Online
Kuroyukihime - Accel World
Gasai Yuno - Mirai Nikki

-{D2}- [Best Male Lead]
Kirito - Sword Art Online
Emiya Kiritsugu - Fate/Zero
Araragi Koyomi - Nisemonogatari

-{D3}- [Best Antagonist]
Gilgamesh - Fate/Zero
Kotomine Kirei - Fate/Zero
Aomine Daiki - Kuroko no Basket

Senjougahara Hitagi - Nisemonogatari
Sengoku Nadeko - Nisemonogatari
Hachikuji Mayoi - Nisemonogatari

Fate/Zero
Sword Art Online
Guilty Crown

Fate/Zero OP - to the beginning
Nisemonogatari ED - Naisho no Hanashi
Sword Art Online ED 1 - Yume Sekai

-{D7}- [Best Soundtrack]
Sword Art Online
Fate/Zero
Persona 4 The Animation
lighto13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 15:43   Link #52
Athena
The Power of One

• Kokoro Connect
  • Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
  • Accel World

• K
  • Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon II
  • Nisemonogatari

• Accel World
  • Shakugan no Shana III (Final)
  • Dog Days'

-{B1}- [Best Fantasy]
  • Sword Art Online
  • Oda Nobuna no Yabou

• Accel World
  • K

-{B3}- [Best Horror]
  • Another

-{B4}- [Best Mystery]
  • Hyouka

-{B5}- [Best Drama]
  • Kokoro Connect

-{B6}- [Best Romance]
  • Love, Elections and Chocolate
  • Kokoro Connect

-{B7}- [Best Comedy]
  • Kore wa Zombie Desuka? Of the dead

• Hyouka
  • Listen to Me, Girls. I Am Your Father!

-{B9}- [Best Sports]
  • None

-{C1}- [Best TV Series]
  • Kokoro Connect
  • Accel World

-{C2}- [Best OVA]
  • Code Geass: Nunnally in Wonderland

-{C3}- [Best Movie]
  • Sora no Otoshimono: Tokeijikake no Angeloid

• Eucliwood Hellscythe / Kore wa Zombie Desuka? Of the dead
  • Himeko Inaba / Kokoro Connect
  • Suguha Kirigaya (Lyfa) / Sword Art Online

-{D2}- [Best Male Lead]
  • Taichi Yaegashi / Kokoro Connect
  • Yuuji Sakai / Shakugan no Shana III (Final)

-{D3}- [Best Antagonist]
  • Seiji Noumi/ Accel World

• Alastor / Shakugan no Shana III (Final)
  • Adolf K. Weismann / K

• Sword Art Online
  • Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon II
  • Aquarion Evol

• Sword Art Online ED2
  • Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! OP1
  • Tasogare Otome x Amnesia OP1

-{D7}- [Best Soundtrack]
  • Kokoro Connect
  • Sword Art Online
  • Oda Nobuna no Yabou

• Shinsekai Yori
  • Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

Comments: Kokoro Connect was incredible. List is a bit repetitive because Shinsekai, Sakurasou, Robotic;Notes and others are not eligible, and this season has been my favorite while Winter, Spring and Summer were not that good. SAO has been disappointing, but still scores some points on music, design and such. Chuu2koi was much more entertaining than Hyouka, though the latter wasn't bad. K has become what Guilty Crown should have been. Accel World was good. Nobuna was surprisingly well done. Horizon II was enjoyable. Korezon OTD was bad compared to the previous season. And that's all.

tl;dr: Kokoro Connect rocks.

Last edited by Athena; 2013-01-13 at 23:06.
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 16:36   Link #53
Soverence

-{A1}- [Best Storyline & Plot] Fate/Zero, Mirai Nikki
-{A2}- [Best Visuals & Animation] Nisemonogatari

-{B0}- [Best Action-Adventure] Mirai Nikki, Btooom!
-{B1}- [Best Fantasy] Fate/Zero, Natsume Yuujinchou Shi
-{B2}- [Best Science Fiction] Eureka Seven AO, Accel World
-{B4}- [Best Mystery] Another, Hyouka
-{B5}- [Best Drama] Kokoro Connect
-{B6}- [Best Romance] Kokoro Connect, Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
-{B7}- [Best Comedy] Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
-{B8}- [Best Slice of Life] Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, Hyouka
-{B9}- [Best Sports] Kuroko no Basket

-{C1}- [Best TV Series] Fate/Zero, Kokoro Connect, Nisemonogatari
-{C2}- [Best OVA] Major: World Series
-{C3}- [Best Movie] K-On! Movie, Hotarubi no Mori e

-{D1}- [Best Female Lead] Mei Misaki / Another, Iori Nagase / Kokoro Connect
-{D2}- [Best Male Lead] Tetsuya Kuroko / Kuroko no Basket , Yukiteru Amano / Mirai Nikki
-{D3}- [Best Antagonist] Yuno Gasai / Mirai Nikki
-{D4}- [Best Side-Character] Sanae Dekomori / Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!, Rider / Fate/Zero
-{D5}- [Best World Setting] Black★Rock Shooter (TV), Sword Art Online
-{D6}- [Best Credits Theme] Fate/Zero OP1, Mirai Nikki OP1
-{D7}- [Best Soundtrack] Fate/Zero
-{D8}- [Best Ongoing Series] Psycho-Pass, Little Busters!

Last edited by Soverence; 2013-01-02 at 18:34.
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 16:56   Link #54
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

NEW RULES ANNOUNCEMENT

A new category has officially been approved for the 2012 Awards:

Quote:
Vote for your favourite ongoing series
To ensure that time has not been lost on this, the remaining deadlines will be extended by 24 hours. All previous votes will still be counted and can be edited at any time before the new deadline.

Please see the modified opening post for more details.

Intermediate Results
This is NOT the final result. Keep on voting!

23 people voted.

Errors

Errors do not prevented the entire submission from being counted. Only the part with the error is not counted, specifically the vote not the category. Bellow is a list of all errors, by member. Simply go back and edit your post and fix them and that part of your vote will be counted next tally.
  1. MisaoFan [post]

1. [Best Storyline & Plot] "Psycho-Pass" is of the type [Ongoing] which is not acceptable for the category.
    2. [Best Horror] "Psycho-Pass" is of the type [Ongoing] which is not acceptable for the category.
    3. [Best Mystery] "Psycho-Pass" is of the type [Ongoing] which is not acceptable for the category.
    4. [Best Drama] Duplication on entry "Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate". You may only vote once for each entry.
    5. [Best Romance] "Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo" is of the type [Ongoing] which is not acceptable for the category.
    6. [Best TV Series] "Psycho-Pass" is of the type [Ongoing] which is not acceptable for the category.
    7. [Best Movie] "One Off" is of the type [OVA] which is not acceptable for the category.
    8. [Best Female Lead] This is a character category. All entries must be in the format: Character Name / Series Name
    9. [Best Male Lead] This is a character category. All entries must be in the format: Character Name / Series Name
    10. [Best Antagonist] This is a character category. All entries must be in the format: Character Name / Series Name
    11. [Best Side-Character] This is a character category. All entries must be in the format: Character Name / Series Name
    12. [Best World Setting] "Psycho-Pass" is of the type [Ongoing] which is not acceptable for the category.
    13. [Best Credits Theme] This is a song category. All entries must be in the format: Series Name OP# repectively Series Name ED# where # is the song number.

2. Reckoner [post]

1. [Best Slice of Life] "Inu x Boku SS" is already present in two other genres.

3. GDiddy [post]

1. [Best TV Series] The series "Tsuritama...it's pretty original and it's great to look at too." could not be found, or is not eligible. Did you mean: "Tsuritama"
    2. [Best OVA] "Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai." is of the type [TV] which is not acceptable for the category.
    3. [Best Female Lead] This is a character category. All entries must be in the format: Character Name / Series Name
    4. [Best Male Lead] This is a character category. All entries must be in the format: Character Name / Series Name
    5. [Best Antagonist] This is a character category. All entries must be in the format: Character Name / Series Name
    6. [Best Side-Character] This is a character category. All entries must be in the format: Character Name / Series Name
    7. [Best Credits Theme] This is a song category. All entries must be in the format: Series Name OP# repectively Series Name ED# where # is the song number.

4. hyl [post]

1. [Best Credits Theme] This is a song category. All entries must be in the format: Series Name OP# repectively Series Name ED# where # is the song number.

5. mistress_kisara [post]

1. [Best Slice of Life] "Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun" is already present in two other genres.

6. Scab [post]

1. [Best Female Lead] This is a character category. All entries must be in the format: Character Name / Series Name
    2. [Best Male Lead] This is a character category. All entries must be in the format: Character Name / Series Name
    3. [Best Antagonist] This is a character category. All entries must be in the format: Character Name / Series Name
    4. [Best Side-Character] This is a character category. All entries must be in the format: Character Name / Series Name

7. aly_angelflight [post]

1. [Best Movie] "One Off" is of the type [OVA] which is not acceptable for the category.
    2. [Best Credits Theme] This is a song category. All entries must be in the format: Series Name OP# repectively Series Name ED# where # is the song number.

8. Pocari_Sweat [post]

1. [Best Credits Theme] "Uchuu Kyoudai" is of the type [Ongoing] which is not acceptable for the category.

9. Klashikari [post]

1. [Best Credits Theme] This is a song category. All entries must be in the format: Series Name OP# repectively Series Name ED# where # is the song number.

10. Frailty [post]

1. [Best Movie] "Fairy Tail: Houou no Miko" is of the type [Not Eligible] which is not acceptable for the category.
    2. [Best Female Lead] This is a character category. All entries must be in the format: Character Name / Series Name
    3. [Best Male Lead] This is a character category. All entries must be in the format: Character Name / Series Name
    4. [Best Antagonist] This is a character category. All entries must be in the format: Character Name / Series Name
    5. [Best Side-Character] This is a character category. All entries must be in the format: Character Name / Series Name
    6. [Best Credits Theme] This is a song category. All entries must be in the format: Series Name OP# repectively Series Name ED# where # is the song number.

11. Kouvley [post]

12. Athena [post]

1. [Best Slice of Life] "Kokoro Connect" is already present in two other genres.
    2. [Best Credits Theme] This is a song category. All entries must be in the format: Series Name OP# repectively Series Name ED# where # is the song number.

13. NK_500
    We noticed you posted in the thread, but none of your posts seem to contain votes. Perhaps you have a typo in the format? Please re-check your vote post if you have one. Both the {TAG} and the [Category Name] are mandatory. Placing your votes in any sort of block: spoiler tag, indent tag, quote, etc, will make it look like part of a discussion to us and as a result may not be considered.
  14. Sheba
    We noticed you posted in the thread, but none of your posts seem to contain votes. Perhaps you have a typo in the format? Please re-check your vote post if you have one. Both the {TAG} and the [Category Name] are mandatory. Placing your votes in any sort of block: spoiler tag, indent tag, quote, etc, will make it look like part of a discussion to us and as a result may not be considered.
  15. Guardian Enzo
  16. Dawnstorm
  17. Sphire
  18. totoum
  19. Triple_R
  20. Ithekro
  21. Blaat

Vote Log

Wondering if your post was counted? Or, which of your posts was counted? Or how your post was counted? Here's the log:

Logs for Page 1 to 3, up to post #52

Last edited by Haak; 2013-01-01 at 17:35.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 17:44   Link #55
kitten320

Haven't seen many shows in 2012, very busy year... So I might update this list later on till 15th. For Now I have the following:

• Fate/Zero
  • Chihayafuru

• Chihayafuru
  • Kuroko No Basket
  • Fate/Zero

• Fate/Zero
  • Jormungand

-{B1}- [Best Fantasy]
  • Fate/Zero

• Accel World (not the best show ever but from what I saw it did appeal the most)
  • Ozma

-{B3}- [Best Horror]
  • Another (could be better but didn't see any other real horrors this year)

-{B4}- [Best Mystery]
  • Hyouka

-{B5}- [Best Drama]
  • Sakamichi no Apollon
  • Hakuouki Reimeiroku

-{B6}- [Best Romance]
  • Sakamichi no Apollon
  • Inu x Boku SS

-{B7}- [Best Comedy]
  • Inu x Boku SS

• Chihayafuru
  • Bakuman 2
  • K-ON movie

-{B9}- [Best Sports]
  • Kuroko no Basket
  • Chihayafuru

-{C1}- [Best TV Series]
  • Chihayafuru
  • Fate/Zero
  • Kuroko no Basket

-{C2}- [Best OVA]
  • Hakuouki Sekkaroku

-{C3}- [Best Movie][*]K-ON M ovie

• Saber - Fate/Zero
  • Chihaya - Chihayafuru
  • Koko - Jormungand

-{D2}- [Best Male Lead]
  • Aikawa - Kore wa Zombie
  • Ouma Shu - Guilty Crown
  • Oreki - Hyouka

-{D3}- [Best Antagonist]
  • Gilgamesh - Fate/Zero
  • Kirie Kotomine - F/Z
  • Koko - Jormungand

• Aomine - Kuroko no Basket
  • Minene - Mirai Nikki

• SAO (sadly visuals were nice here)

• Mirai Nikki OP 1

-{D7}- [Best Soundtrack]
  • Fate/Zero
  • Jormungard
  • SAO

• Magi
  • Psycho-Pass
  • Uchuu Kyoudai

Last edited by kitten320; 2013-01-12 at 11:55.
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 17:53   Link #56
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

• Cardfight!! Vanguard
  • Persona 4 The Animation
  • Hayate No Gotoku! Can't Take My Eyes Off You

• Accel World
  • Another

• Persona 4 The Animation
  • Medaka Box
  • Senki Zesshou Symphogear: Meteoroid-Falling, Burning, and Disappear, Then...

-{B1}- [Best Fantasy]
  • Suite Precure
  • Black Rock Shooter

-{B3}- [Best Horror]
  • Another

-{B5}- [Best Drama]
  • Sakamichi no Apollon

-{B6}- [Best Romance]
  • Inu x Boku SS

-{B7}- [Best Comedy]
  • Binbougami Ga!
  • Haiyore! Nyaruko-San

• Yuru Yuri♪♪
  • Kokoro Connect

-{C1}- [Best TV Series]
  • Sakamichi No Apollon
  • Yuru Yuri♪♪

• Kurokawa Ellen / Suite Precure
  • Toshinou Kyouko / YuruYuri♪♪
  • Binbouda Momiji / Binbougami Ga!

-{D2}- [Best Male Lead]
  • Kawabuchi Sentaro / Sakamichi no Apollon
  • Narukami Yu / Persona 4 the Animation

• Kouzuki Yuniko / Accel World
  • Schokolade / Jormungand

• Haiyore! Nyaruko-San OP1
  • Accel World OP2

-{D7}- [Best Soundtrack]
  • Accel World

• Smile Precure
  • Magi
  • Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Last edited by Ichuki; 2013-01-01 at 18:07.
Ichuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 18:25   Link #57
YagamiHayate

• Chihayafuru
  • Fate/Zero
  • Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna

• Hyouka
  • Fate/Zero

• Fate/Zero
  • Oda Nobuna no Yabou
  • Jormungand

-{B1}- [Best Fantasy]
  • Fate/Zero

• Mouretsu Pirates

-{B3}- [Best Horror]

-{B4}- [Best Mystery]
  • Hyouka

-{B5}- [Best Drama]
  • Chihayafuru

-{B6}- [Best Romance]
  • Chihayafuru

-{B7}- [Best Comedy]
  • Yuru Yuri♪♪
  • Nisemonogatari

• Hyouka
  • Yuru Yuri♪♪
  • Tsuritama

-{B9}- [Best Sports]
  • Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side A

-{C1}- [Best TV Series]
  • Fate/Zero
  • Chihayafuru
  • Hyouka

-{C3}- [Best Movie]
  • K-On! Movie

• Hitagi Senjougahara / Nisemonogatari
  • Chihaya Ayase / Chihayafuru

-{D2}- [Best Male Lead]
  • Kiritsugu Emiya / Fate/Zero

-{D3}- [Best Antagonist]
  • Kirei Kotomine / Fate/Zero
  • Gilgamesh / Fate/Zero

• Toki Onjouji / Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side A
  • Asako Natsume / Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun

• Mouretsu Pirates
  • Fate/Zero

• Fate/Zero OP2
  • Hyouka OP1
  • Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna OP1

-{D7}- [Best Soundtrack]
  • Fate/Zero
  • Sakamichi no Apollon
  • Sword Art Online

• JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012)
  • Psycho-Pass
  • Girls und Panzer

For what it's worth, I think making ongoing anime ineligible for the main categories makes complete sense. Also what's up with Kirei being the only one who's listed in '[surname][first name]' order?

Last edited by YagamiHayate; 2013-01-12 at 00:17.
YagamiHayate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 18:38   Link #58
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Can I just say, that the first post is really well made? Major kudos to the members in charge of organizing these awards

In any case, my choices ...
-{A1}- [Best Storyline & Plot] Hyouka, Tsuritama, Chihayafuru
-{A2}- [Best Visuals & Animation] Hyouka, Black★Rock Shooter (TV), Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna
The first category was without a doubt a lot easier to decide than the second. There were a lot series that I could have placed in the Visuals and Animation slot, but I ultimately went with the ones I felt added to the viewing experience and/or were unique in their presentation technique and style.

One thing that I want to point out is that these are not necessarily the best animated shows that were on offer this year, but they are the ones that managed to leave the greatest lasting impact on me as a watcher. The CGI in BRS was top notch, the style oozing from Lupin was simply captivating and by the end of Hyouka, I was left in awe with how beautiful and perfect the show had managed to meld both the story and the visuals for a powerful moment.

For the Storyline and Plot, the top three here were the ones that top my own person list. There were more honourable mentions of series that had engaging or interesting plots/stories (Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita, Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean, Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate ... the last one in particular I sort of debated including it, but I couldn't do not when it meant knocking one of the other 3 off
-{B0}- [Best Action-Adventure] Senki Zesshou Symphogear: Meteoroid-Falling, Burning, and Disappear, Then..., Eureka Seven AO, Busou Shinki
-{B1}- [Best Fantasy] Natsume Yuujinchou Shi, Tsuritama
-{B2}- [Best Science Fiction] Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon II, Eureka Seven AO
-{B4}- [Best Mystery] Hyouka, Another
-{B5}- [Best Drama] Chihayafuru, Chouyaku Hyakuninisshu: Uta Koi.
-{B6}- [Best Romance] Ano Natsu de Matteru, Nazo no Kanojo X, Inu x Boku SS
-{B7}- [Best Comedy] Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou, Joshiraku, Gintama'
-{B8}- [Best Slice of Life] Hyouka, Tsuritama, Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb
-{B9}- [Best Sports] Chihayafuru, Cardfight!! Vanguard
Now, this was tricky.

In a way, the first choices here are more of my heart rather than my head. I had to go with what felt more fitting for each category, but at the same time I was agonizing on which ones should be my first picks. In the end, I went with what were the ones I felt captured the essence of the genre, regardless on where I would rank them personally.

For B0, Symphogear and E7AO were going to be the first choices no matter what, which left the third slot open for a few choices. Horizon II was a serious consideration over Busou Shinki, but I ultimately went with the ones I thought would be having the harder time getting noticed. I know I probably have managed to gain the scorn of many for this (sorry, Kunagisa, Kaioshin >.<) but again, these are the decision of my heart, and I felt that I picked the one that was more action oriented

Other problem areas include the Comedy and Slice of Life categories. I'm not all that sure about my choices for the Comedies of the year, as I have a number of pet favourites, but I have a hard time putting one over the other when it comes to ranking them in that single aspect ...

For Slice of Life, it was an issue of having far too many great shows airing in a single year. Sakamichi no Apollon, Tari Tari, Inu x Boku SS, Natsume, Chihayafuru ... what do you do when you have too many shows you love competing for one of three spots? Unlike the Comedy section though, I'm more or less happy with my choices here. I know that having Hidamari Sketch over any of the runner ups will raise some eyebrows, but screw it, I like my pancakes with honey!

The rest were fairly standard, save for the Mystery and Horror selections. These were the only shows I watched that could possibly qualify for the nominations, but I don't fell like they were necessarily the best (then again, that's something of a recurring theme with these categories in these awards ...)
-{C1}- [Best TV Series] Hyouka, Tsuritama, Chihayafuru
-{C2}- [Best OVA] Kyousogiga, Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Tenri-hen
-{C3}- [Best Movie] Toaru Hikuushi e no Tsuioku, Fullmetal Alchemist: Milos no Seinaru Hoshi, Kokurikozaka kara
All I have to say about the Movie category is that I am thankful Wolf Children isn't eligible for this year. I'm already crying over not being able to get Momo e no Tegami and Hotarubi no Mori e in there somehow

For OVA, well ... Code Geass doesn't come out later on in the month, and it's part of a ongoing series, and Gundam Unicorn is the same so ... I'm not sure where Kyousogiga would fit since it is not technically an OVA (it's an ONA), but it's the only thing that had impressed that qualifies. Kaminomi is in there as well since it's the only other thing I watched that I could recall (even if it it's not necessarily the Best, nor is it as good as it could've been). Not a really good year for OVA's I think. At least from what I seen.
-{D1}- [Best Female Lead] Fujiko Mine/Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna, Hibiki Tachibana/Senki Zesshou Symphogear: Meteoroid-Falling, Burning, and Disappear, Then..., Ririchiyo Shirakiin/Inu x Boku SS
-{D2}- [Best Male Lead] Oreki Houtarou /Hyouka, Mashima Taichi/Chihayafuru
-{D3}- [Best Antagonist] Flit Asuno/Mobile Suit Gundam AGE
-{D4}- [Best Side-Character] Kazuyoshi Usui/SKET Dance, Satoshi Fukube/Hyouka, Tapioca/Tsuritama
-{D5}- [Best World Setting] Sword Art Online, Accel World, Hyouka
-{D6}- [Best Credits Theme] Eureka Seven AO OP #2, Mobile Suit Gundam AGE OP #1, Inu x Boku SS OP
-{D7}- [Best Soundtrack] Tsuritama ,Senki Zesshou Symphogear: Meteoroid-Falling, Burning, and Disappear, Then..., Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Tenri-hen
comments to be added later

Last edited by Arabesque; 2013-01-01 at 19:28.
Arabesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 20:27   Link #59
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

• Fate/Zero
  • Hyouka
  • Fate/Zero

• Fate/Zero
-{B1}- [Best Fantasy]
  • Fate/Zero
  • Dog Days'
  • Mouretsu Pirates
  • Accel World
-{B4}- [Best Mystery]
  • Tasogare Otome X Amnesia
  • Hyouka
  • Another
-{B5}- [Best Drama]
  • Kokoro Connect
  • Tari Tari
-{B6}- [Best Romance]
  • Tasogare Otome X Amnesia
  • Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
-{B7}- [Best Comedy]
  • Haiyore! Nyaruko-san
  • Yuru Yuri♪♪
  • Nisemonogatari
  • Hyouka
  • Tari Tari
  • Chuunibyou

-{C1}- [Best TV Series]Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon II

-{C3}- [Best Movie] Strike Witches Movie, K-ON! Movie

• Katou Marika / Mouretsu Pirates
  • Mizutani Shizuku / Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
  • Toshino Kyouko / Yuru Yuri♪♪
-{D2}- [Best Male Lead]
  • Oreki Houtarou / Hyouka
-{D3}- [Best Antagonist]
  • Kotomine Kirei / Fate/Zero
  • Gilgamesh / Fate/Zero
  • Rider/Iskander / Fate/Zero
  • Natsume Asako / Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
  • Adele Balfetto / Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon II
  • Eureka Seven AO
  • Dog Days'
-{D6}- [Best Credits Theme] Highschool DxD ED, Accel World ED1
-{D7}- [Best Soundtrack] Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon II, Eureka 7 AO, Fate/Zero
-{D8}- [Best Ongoing Series] Uchuu Kyoudai, Robotics;Note, Shinsekai Yori

Will update this list in a few days on some categories...

Last edited by FlavoryFantasy; 2013-01-12 at 12:20. Reason: added some things, fixed votes/names of characters, etc.
FlavoryFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 20:49   Link #60
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
  • Chihayafuru
  • Bodacious Space Pirates
  • Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun

• K-On! Movie
  • Another

Spoiler for Reason for Votes:

• Mirai Nikki (TV)

-{B1}- [Best Fantasy]
  • Zero no Tsukaima F
  • Nisemonogatari

• Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam
  • Sword Art Online

-{B3}- [Best Horror]
  • Another

-{B4}- [Best Mystery]
  • Another
  • Hyouka

-{B5}- [Best Drama]
  • Kokoro Connect
  • Tari Tari
  • Ano Natsu de Matteru

-{B6}- [Best Romance]
  • Mysterious Girlfriend X
  • Mirai Nikki (TV)
  • Kamisama Hajimemashita

-{B7}- [Best Comedy]
  • Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai!
  • Ano Natsu de Matteru
  • Kill Me Baby

• Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai!
  • K-On! Movie
  • Tari Tari

-{B9}- [Best Sports]
  • Chihayafuru

Spoiler for Reason for Votes:

-{C1}- [Best TV Series]
  • Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
  • Chihayafuru

-{C2}- [Best OVA]

Abstain

-{C3}- [Best Movie]
  • K-On! Movie

Spoiler for Reason for votes:

• Marika Kato / Bodacious Space Pirates
  • Mikoto Urabe / Mysterious Girlfriend X
  • Shizuku Mizutani / Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun

-{D2}- [Best Male Lead]
  • Taichi Yaegashi / Kokoro Connect
  • Yukiteru Amano / Mirai Nikki
  • Yuuji Sakai / Shakugan No Shana

-{D3}- [Best Antagonist]
  • Yuno Gasai / Mirai Nikki (TV)
  • Fuusenkazura / Kokoro Connect

• Mami Endou / Bodacious Space Pirates
  • Natsume / Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
  • Ai Hoshimiya / Bodacious Space Pirates

• Zero no Tsukaima F

-{D7}- [Best Soundtrack]-{D8}- [Best Ongoing Series]
  • Space Battleship Yamato 2199
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012)

Spoiler for Reasoning for Votes:

[feedback]We should rethink disallowing bundled OVA, as without them there are hardly any OVA's that people have watched.
[feedback]I really liked the Original Story category, wish it were back even though this year was short on original stories. That way maybe I'd find a few that I overlooked
[feedback]I think we need to just cut Sports as a category. It's no longer as big a category as it used to be
[feedback]I really like the new World Setting category
[feedback]The best ongoing series is a good addition I think, as long as it is clear that ongoing series are not eligible for any other categories
[feedback]Making ED and OP available when they aired instead of waiting until the show ends would be kind of cool, but it's really only important for the long runners. I'm surprised more Bleach OP and ED have not been nominated.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?

Last edited by Sackett; 2013-01-12 at 13:50.
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
choice awards