AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2009-05-16, 09:17   Link #1
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

MAL Updater (a.k.a. MyAnimeList.Net Updater)

MAL Updater is a software used to automatically update your anime list on the website MyAnimeList.Net when you watch something on your computer.

~ Head here to see an overview on the software's features.
~ Head here to learn about MyAnimeList.Net.
~ Head here to see screenshots.
~ Head here to download the newest version.
~ Head here to browse and search for new themes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

MAL Updater Themes:

There are a lot of user made themes
for the MAL Updater Software.

You can find a listing of all of them here.
On the right you can see the most recent ones.

Soon you will also be able to upload
your own themes to the site.

MyAnimeList Updater Features:

This program connects to the website with your MAL user account and retrieves your Anime List.
From here on there's a lot you can do:

* Start watching some Anime in one of the supported players, and MalU will detect which Anime and episode it is, and update your MAL list automatically with the last episode you have watched.
That's right: MalU will check your video players and identify the Anime and episode.
* See how many people are watching the same Anime at the same time, and open a chat window with them.
* Manually sort and update your list from MalU (episode watched, score, status, etc).
* Tell MalU to search in your hard disk for the next episode of the Anime you are currently watching, or from any in your list, and launch it in your default player.
You can even use a Hot Key and hook a mouse button for this. There is also an option so that MalU automatically launches the next episode when you close the player.
* Have it automatically check TokyoTosho for torrents of new episodes for the Anime in your list, have it download and launch the .torrents automatically according to some filters, and even tell uTorrent to store each file in its own Anime folder, if you have set it for every show. You can even have it automatically discard either MKV or AVI when both versions are present.
* Check your hard disk to see which Anime have new episodes available, and how many.
* Show in MSN and mIRC what you are watching, including your score, episode/episode total and a URL to information of the Anime.
You don't need to install any extra plugins or scripts in MSN or mIRC for this.
* Show in mIRC what you are listening to in either Winamp or Last.fm. No extra plugins/scripts either for this.
* You can make your own php forum signature which shows what you are currently watching, your last updates etc.
* Batch rename your Anime files to some criteria like Fansub - Anime Name - Episode.
* Send your computer system info to a mIRC channel (ok this is unrelated to Anime, but you can use this to replace any script/dlls you are currently using).
* It has full 64-bit support and detects more than 4 GB of RAM.
* Easily move and rename entire folders of Anime with a batch tool.

P.S.: By the way, you WILL need an account with MyAnimeList.Net, as well as an up-to-date anime list with MAL.

P.S.S.: I got permission from the moderator "GHDpro" to post this thread.

Last edited by Kid Ryan; 2010-08-30 at 19:16.
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 17:52   Link #2
Shadow Kira01

What happens when MAL is down? Does it apply to this updater?
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 17:57   Link #3
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

It would be great if I could use this, but most of the time I'm in Mac OS X. It would be great if someone made a version of the MAL updater for Mac OS X and Linux without using Wine/Crossover Mac/Linux.
Old 2009-05-17, 19:19   Link #4
holyalexander
holy alexander

thanks for the share...
holyalexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 21:11   Link #5
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
What happens when MAL is down? Does it apply to this updater?
Yup. MAL Updater needs to be able to connect to MyAnimeList.Net in order to access and update your anime lists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
It would be great if I could use this, but most of the time I'm in Mac OS X. It would be great if someone made a version of the MAL updater for Mac OS X and Linux without using Wine/Crossover Mac/Linux.
Go here for a Mac OS X Version: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=8948

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyalexander View Post
thanks for the share...
You're welcome .
Old 2009-05-18, 06:29   Link #6
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Is there an option to manage the stuff locally, like some of the AniDB clients?
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 09:49   Link #7
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
Is there an option to manage the stuff locally, like some of the AniDB clients?
I don't know what you're talking about.

By the way, I had absolutely nothing to do with the creation of this program/application, I just want as many people as possible to know about it.

Last edited by Kid Ryan; 2011-06-13 at 17:43.
Old 2009-05-25, 07:04   Link #8
Animeruko
BECAUSE its moe moe!

I've been using this for a while , its pretty cool though i haven't used it since v2 because i want themes!
Animeruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 19:53   Link #9
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animeruko View Post
I've been using this for a while , its pretty cool though i haven't used it since v2 because i want themes!
Themes? Don't care for them myself.
Old 2009-05-26, 22:18   Link #10
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
By the way, I'm currently working on a (for now) solo project, which is a Qt-based mplayer frontend geared specifically towards anime fans. For those who don't know, Qt is an open source cross-platform C++ framework that works perfectly (and looks beautiful) in all three major platforms plus some more obscure ones. Qt is used extensively in major applications such as the Skype client, Google Earth, and the Opera browser, besides being the de-facto framework of choice for the KDE desktop environment.

It's still not release quality, and I still want to do it solo for the time being, but the source will be available as soon as I can get something useful and working out of it (read: basic set of supported mplayer features, basic database features). My idea was to integrate features exactly like this one, plus Amarok/iTunes-like collection support, feed aggregation, Wikipedia/ANN/AniDB integration, and whatever else people might want to. So keep your eyes out for a 0.1 release in the coming months

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.

Last edited by WanderingKnight; 2009-05-26 at 22:31.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-27, 02:40   Link #11
Animeruko
BECAUSE its moe moe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Naruto View Post
Themes? Don't care for them myself.
I didn't really ask but thanks for telling me.
Animeruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 23:07   Link #12
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Quote:
I didn't really ask but thanks for telling me.
I apologize if I came off as anything bad.
Old 2010-03-16, 18:06   Link #13
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Quote:
Newest version of MAL Updater has themes again FYI.
Old 2010-03-16, 21:56   Link #14
Alchemist007
*Author

Working pretty well for me XP laptop. Hope it works just as well on my main Win7 desk.
Old 2010-08-30, 19:10   Link #15
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Working pretty well for me XP laptop. Hope it works just as well on my main Win7 desk.
Mal Updater should have Windows 7 support by now.

By the way, there's a new update: http://www.malupdater.com/MalUpdater...itle=Changelog
Old 2010-09-01, 17:03   Link #16
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Whoa this seems great. I use MAL but I'm very lazy and I always forget to go and update the newest episodes. Sometimes I even miss whole series and thus my list is incomplete as it is. So thanks alot for posting this

One thing annoys me though. As I said, my list might be outdated. So for example just as I started watching K-On 22, it complained to me that it's higher than what I last saw. Can't this be '' fixed '' and for it to just update it to 22 then ? D:
Old 2010-09-01, 17:06   Link #17
spikexp

One thing I hate is simply that it see even the movies or video I'm watching that are not anime, is there is a way to stop that but still update the anime watched. I didn't find how to find this the last time, and that is why I dropped it.
spikexp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 00:53   Link #18
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
One thing annoys me though. As I said, my list might be outdated. So for example just as I started watching K-On 22, it complained to me that it's higher than what I last saw. Can't this be '' fixed '' and for it to just update it to 22 then ? D:
Go into Settings, there should be an option somewhere that disables it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikexp View Post
One thing I hate is simply that it see even the movies or video I'm watching that are not anime, is there is a way to stop that but still update the anime watched. I didn't find how to find this the last time, and that is why I dropped it.
The only thing you can do about this is not watch anime & non anime stuff all mixed up.
Old 2010-09-02, 04:31   Link #19
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Here's another issue.. I have Download All Torrents automatically checked on options, but it doesn't download them. For example, I just clicked on Manual Search on the torrent thing ( there were no results for some reason even though it should check them automatically ), and Ookami 10 appeared there but it was in gray color. I had to double click it to download it ...

Maybe I failed with setting up the filters ? I put Mazui to the group name, and '' mkv '' to the next part ... I thought this would do it but no ?
Old 2011-06-13, 17:44   Link #20
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Here's another issue.. I have Download All Torrents automatically checked on options, but it doesn't download them. For example, I just clicked on Manual Search on the torrent thing ( there were no results for some reason even though it should check them automatically ), and Ookami 10 appeared there but it was in gray color. I had to double click it to download it ...

Maybe I failed with setting up the filters ? I put Mazui to the group name, and '' mkv '' to the next part ... I thought this would do it but no ?
You'd have to ask Kotori yourself, I'm not affiliated with this app or the people who oversee & made it.