AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-08-30, 23:46   Link #461
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

The anthology sounds like one hell of a bargain...
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 01:40   Link #462
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^
Just checked the price...ohhh.... Ca$hc0W $_$
Old 2012-08-31, 01:53   Link #463
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
^
Just checked the price...ohhh.... Ca$hc0W $_$
What were you expecting? It's SIX games
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 03:34   Link #464
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The cover art looks kinda badass in my opinion

Spoiler for boxart:
I don't really like it, it looks far too busy to me. The steelbook looks a lot better.

The Anthology does look like a hell of a deal though.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 20:11   Link #465
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
What were you expecting? It's SIX games
I expect ca$hC0w to just not lock DLC content.

$90 will probably be a $100 because of the shity shipping fee.... =/

http://www.amazon.com/Resident-Evil-.../dp/B0088MVODO
Old 2012-08-31, 20:39   Link #466
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

I did not manage to find any information about extra features that is exclusive to the compilations. So, this will be a pass considering that I had played all previous RElease to death. Of course, RE1, RE2, RE3 and RE4 HD will just be numbers on a piece of paper instead of being on a physical disc, so much for sincerity on Capcom's part.

It will be another story if Capcom manage a port of RE0 and REmake 1 and pack it in however....
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 22:00   Link #467
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^
Completely agree with that. RE0 and RE Remake are the ones fans most want to be in the HD version. Man gotta lol at RE0 where you place on the floor your items instead of the magically item teleporting boxes.
Old 2012-09-04, 01:27   Link #468
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

More Mercenaries gameplay from PAX, showing the three protagonists in the three pre-order maps.

Spoiler for Leon in the Railway Yard:

Spoiler for Chris in the Catacombs:

Spoiler for Jake in the High Sea Fortress:
Old 2012-09-04, 03:41   Link #469
com_gwp

Quote:
More Mercenaries gameplay from PAX, showing the three protagonists in the three pre-order maps.

Spoiler for Leon in the Railway Yard:

Spoiler for Chris in the Catacombs:

Spoiler for Jake in the High Sea Fortress:
You know, I really don't want this to turn out the same way as RE5 where I've seen almost the entire game even before playing it. It's for that reason I have refrained from watching any gameplay or interview video beyond the promotional trailers.

It's good they're being open about what fans are in for, but come on! This level of exposure is being excessive! Let the players be awed by themselves!
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 03:46   Link #470
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
You know, I really don't want this to turn out the same way as RE5 where I've seen almost the entire game even before playing it. It's for that reason I have refrained from watching any gameplay or interview video beyond the promotional trailers.

It's good they're being open about what fans are in for, but come on! This level of exposure is being excessive! Let the players be awed by themselves!
Yeah, but Mercenaries mode is pure gameplay so that shouldn't be a problem
Old 2012-09-04, 05:56   Link #471
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Looks like the game is already in the hands of some people:

Capcom: Sold Resident Evil 6 Copies Were "Stolen"

Quote:
"At this time, all we can add is that it would appear this unfortunate incident is limited to a small quantity of stolen copies of the German USK PlayStation 3 version of the game."
Old 2012-09-04, 07:06   Link #472
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post

And Thus World War 3 Starts.
Old 2012-09-04, 09:10   Link #473
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

So as a PS3 Dragon's Dogma owner I've finally got the chance to try out the RE6's demo.

I've started out with Chris' demo to try out the new gameplay mechanics right off the bat. For most parts it's the same as what I've played in RE5 and RE:R, but the new dodge and cover system... Needs alot of adjusting

You can only dodge or cover when you ready your weapon, at the same time you have to keep holding that L1 button if you want to remain on the ground or in cover... It's not very natural compared to Mass Effect or Gears

In the end I died- Those Demo people on youtube make it look so easy Will try again tomorrow and probably for the rest of this month to train.

P.S - I like how you can change the colour of your laser sight just like in Revelations
Old 2012-09-05, 04:16   Link #474
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post

lol serves cashcom right.

Well just downloaded the demo and played for awhile.

Leon's scenario sucks! Linear as hell and you cannot do anything till the moment the time comes you can do it. Dual guns make up for it and his melee attacks are more of a keep away from zombies with a range 2 kicks and spin back kick to a stunned zombie, Helena has a Hydra shotgun, but only has 3 bullets her, her kick moves are similar to Jill.

Chris Scenario was similar to RE5, but more action packed. Had the most fun with that, played Piers as well, cool guy to use a new welcomed RE character loving his sniper gun packs a wallop and his neckbreaker is more of a MMA hold and his upper cut is similar to Batsu's(Rival Schools) Guts Upper. Chris is a power house he can lift up stunned Javo's and slam them when you hit their knees.

Jake's scenario was great as well, problem is that it has the "case sequences" that is seen in most games today. Jake is overall the best melee guy, doesn't get tired has a 4 hit combo and some "Wesker" charge attack moves and a suplex. Sherry I've noticed her moves are more similar to the RE4 Leon no suplex though, she has a electric stun knife like Old Snake has and her life regens faster.

Leon, Helena, Sherry has the same HUD
Chris and Piers have the same HUD
Jake has his own unique HUD

The good stuff. Fun game, more of a shooter now even if they insist it's a survival horror. Good gameplay, great new moves added to fight zombies, less laggy online than RE5, better AI partners and the controls are very responsive.

Bad things no more pick up animation physic, weird covering system, you need to hold L1 to a ready weapon to duck, teams or partner can get in the way, AI is kinda stupid when you command them to fall back they move forward..... =_=;;;;

Well that's my experience on RE6.
Old 2012-09-05, 04:32   Link #475
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Yeah the dodge and cover mechanics is really unnatural, but I'm getting used to it in the second playthrough with Chris' demo... This part is really my only grip.

The problem with Leon's demo I would imagine, is that we've all seen the demo on youtube countless times already Suspense moments only work the first two times and all others would just be slow and boring... The Comic Con demo for Leon looks better.
Old 2012-09-05, 04:50   Link #476
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Agreed. Wish they made that demo instead of the trying hard to scare you demo.
But overall the story is interesting in Chris's and Jake's part, Leon seems to be connected again to Ada as usual.

Seems also now head shots are better, before in RE5 I love doing knee shots and upper cut zombies to death. Now we get technical mixing melee and guns.
Old 2012-09-05, 05:15   Link #477
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Agreed. Wish they made that demo instead of the trying hard to scare you demo.
But overall the story is interesting in Chris's and Jake's part, Leon seems to be connected again to Ada as usual.
Leon is all about the women, every story he's in is about some girl while all the other male characters die

I'm rather indifferent to Chris' story, but the whole amnesia thing is a bit intriguing.

Initially I didn't care for Jake, but over time I started to like his character being paired with Sherry... must be that Nolan North magic

Quote:
Seems also now head shots are better, before in RE5 I love doing knee shots and upper cut zombies to death. Now we get technical mixing melee and guns.
That's because the las plagas make it too risky to aim for the head but now it doesn't matter with these javo; no matter where you shoot u have the same risk of getting screwed.

Though the tentacle arm javo go down faster than the Damn fliers
Old 2012-09-05, 17:44   Link #478
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Leon is all about the women, every story he's in is about some girl while all the other male characters die

I'm rather indifferent to Chris' story, but the whole amnesia thing is a bit intriguing.

Initially I didn't care for Jake, but over time I started to like his character being paired with Sherry... must be that Nolan North magic
One reason why Iam not too fond about Leon always having a girl by his side it's been Ada this since RE2 and RE4, not counting Dark Side Chronicles which was an interesting take.

As for Chris Iam also interested with the story. Seeing the date on Pier's cellphone dated 2012 6 months prior to the 2013 setting RE6. Possible there will be a flashback gameplay on Chris's part and his men dies while as we see in the trailers he was caught in an explosion which probably caused his trauma and amnesia, which lead Pier's to setup Chris in a bar. Iam surprise in RE6 he's quite stronger now and didn't have any rust in combat as seen in the cutscenes.

Jake overall is a character that grows on you over time, there's always an acceptance stage because the guy is new. 50 million dollars damn that's high way robbery for a mercenary job.

Quote:
That's because the las plagas make it too risky to aim for the head but now it doesn't matter with these javo; no matter where you shoot u have the same risk of getting screwed.

Though the tentacle arm javo go down faster than the Damn fliers
True. I hate the flyers, so hard to kill even with a sniper. Now Iam gonna focus on head shots and arms or just keep shooting. Noticed also some Javo's are dumb and just shoot randomly. Loving the counters of all 3 guys. Running to a stunned Javo and pressing R1 depending on the person does different moves, Pier's has to have the weakest dash attack to a stunned Javo imho "tackle upper".
Old 2012-09-05, 19:56   Link #479
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Looks like our wish have been granted-

New Resident Evil 6 Demo Coming This Month.

Sounds like the comic con demo.
Old 2012-09-05, 21:19   Link #480
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Probably the one where Leon and Helena got trapped with those horde of zombies.
Chris and Piers meet up and help Jake and Sherry in comic con demo.