AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-03, 06:09   Link #501
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I am curious - what was it about Air that made you dislike it so much ?
It's just one of those anime that I put under "Tries hard to be meaningful but fails".

Then what you end up is with is just a boring slow pace anime.
Old 2007-04-03, 07:22   Link #502
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

Cowboy Beebop, if I have a recipt from Father Time, I will ask the people who made that crap to give me back my time spend on it.

Gunslinger Girls, "oh look at our crappy life, we don't like where where it's going, there is nothing that we can do about it, BUT LOOK AT THE F***ING PRETTY STARS!" It's was like watching 260 minutes of an emo blog, I don't need that. If I want emo, I look at my girl friend. (I hope she didn't read that )

GSD, one word, Shin. If I have to group him, I did place him next to Judas (the guy that betray Jesus). I had many hopes for Shin during ep1 to ep6. I thought, "this guy had the right dramatic background to become someone heroic." Then he just used his background as excuses to become scum on the face of the Earth and in space. Shin is also the first anime character that I was looking forward for a death ending, then I got disappointed; instead I had to print out the picture and stab it myself Every time I see his face in GSD, doesn't matter how other characters put up a great story, Shin's apperance just make the rating -100 points for me. Then again, I guess Shin did do some good for me, at least now I have a example of what my child should not grow up to be; and/or know when it's slapping time for my kid if he/she ever decide to act like Shin.

[edit] I forgot, 90% of the English dubs out there also blows, HARD! I was in a fetal position crying when Fox f***ed with One Piece, and why the hell would they get someone that sound like a 4 years old on crack and meth to do naruto's voice is beyond my logic.
Spoiler:

Last edited by gummybear; 2007-04-03 at 07:55.
Old 2007-04-03, 21:11   Link #503
Wildclaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear View Post
Gunslinger Girls, "oh look at our crappy life, we don't like where where it's going, there is nothing that we can do about it, BUT LOOK AT THE F***ING PRETTY STARS!" It's was like watching 260 minutes of an emo blog, I don't need that. If I want emo, I look at my girl friend. (I hope she didn't read that )
I found it pretty decent for a drama, and the idea was very unique. It didn't hurt that it had some guns and action also. The only bad thing is that it really didn't have a real ending. (the manga is still ongoing)

Ok, here is my big frisbee

Evangelion - Whine, Whine, Whine. Really, when you begin rooting for the enemy to kill the main character, you know that something is wrong. I am also not the kind of person that is easily impressed by "deep meaning" and "symbolism". Unless the base story is well presented, any amount of symbolism does no good.

OK, that was the main frisbee. Here are a few smaller frisbees.

Cowboy Beebop - I am not the biggest fan of single episode stories, and I didn't like the style. Beebop is very dependent on the artstyle and presentation, so I just couldn't bring myself to like it. It is very much like Hellsing. I love Hellsing because of the style, but I can understand why others who don't enjoy the style, think that it is a medicore anime.

KNGE - Was a while since I watched it so I can't remember exactly what made me dislike it. I think it was a combination of it being depressing, me not liking the male lead character and an unforfilling ending.

Naruto - Any anime that airs that many episodes of continuous lousy fillers deserves to get used as frisbees. It doesn't matter that the manga based parts were good. Frisbee material it is.

Rurouni Kenshin TV - Mediocre action. mediocre drama. And it had its share of fillers also. There were a few good episodes, but for a series that lasted nearly a 100 episodes, that doesn't say much.

Paranoia Agent - I just don't find those kind of series interesting.

Zegapain - Sure, it was painful to watch all the episodes.

Air - I'll have to agree with Sassarai on this one. For me it was just an extremly slow paced anime.
Old 2007-04-04, 01:14   Link #504
Honey_and_Cleaver

Blood+ anime. I know this anime sucks, it sucks too much, i hate all the main characters.
Old 2007-04-04, 01:17   Link #505
fenderkillers

Yumeria
and
Kanon

yep, kanon----

those extremely big eyes, are so , scary, and the story really sucks, its so cliched
in that genre, i prefer Da Capo,
now that was really good

ooo, and Najica Blitz Tactics, or something like that... somebody had an extremely, gone wrong , fetish with er, mm, women underwear....

Last edited by fenderkillers; 2007-04-04 at 01:28.
Old 2007-04-04, 01:41   Link #506
Melodymix
Ying Yang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
ikkitousen
kiba
tenjo tenge
soul link
gungrave
Air tv
saikano
/hack sign
eureka seven
ayashi no ceres
magikano
chrono crusade

err can only think of this much atm
Oh yes, ayashi no ceres had such a old, predictable storyline it blowed hard!
Old 2007-04-04, 08:04   Link #507
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenderkillers View Post
Kanon

yep, kanon----

those extremely big eyes, are so , scary, and the story really sucks, its so cliched
in that genre, i prefer Da Capo,
now that was really good
Yar... Da Capo is 5 times more cliched than Kanon

About Air being "slow paced" - a lot of animes are slow paced, heck some are far more slow-paced than Air. If you dislike slow pace in general - sure, you might end up not enjoying it, but to label it as the "worst anime ever" ....

I think most people here conveniently ignore the topic and simply list whatever is fresh on their mind that they didn't end up enjoying.

I can easily see Air being listed in the "overrated" thread, but as the "worst anime ever" ... (Watch Soul Link, and then come back to me about Air being the worst thing you have seen )
Old 2007-04-04, 09:38   Link #508
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Da capo is pretty average as far as harems go. What I do hate is how they waste so much time with that cat in the detective type clothes at the end of each episode. I would say Kanon is a bit above average but I've only seen half of the remake and all of the old one.

Quote:
About Air being "slow paced" - a lot of animes are slow paced, heck some are far more slow-paced than Air. If you dislike slow pace in general - sure, you might end up not enjoying it, but to label it as the "worst anime ever" ....
I don't dislike slow anime in general. There's many I find meaningful. I'm not listing it as "the worst anime ever" just "worst anime(s)"

Quote:
I think most people here conveniently ignore the topic and simply list whatever is fresh on their mind that they didn't end up enjoying.
If they don't enjoy the anime can't it be on their worst list? Topic is Worst Anime(s) plural. Is there a limit to how many worst one can have ;; ?

Quote:
I can easily see Air being listed in the "overrated" thread, but as the "worst anime ever" ... (Watch Soul Link, and then come back to me about Air being the worst thing you have seen )
Nah overrated would be melancholy of haurhi. I didnt put it on my worst list but I think its way overrated. Actually Ive already seen soul link and its on my worst list.
Old 2007-04-04, 14:24   Link #509
fenderkillers

Quote:

yeah xD , but i saw first da capo , it was actually my first romance anime, so i pretty like it a lot... maybe thats the difference

also the girls were cute, every single one, and in kanon they have bizarre body proportions
Old 2007-04-04, 17:26   Link #510
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

The funny thing is, Da Capo was originally written 3 years after Kanon. When Kanon was first released, it was considered fairly revolutionary, seeing as many later stories of the same genre borrow to various extent from Kanon.

I've never actually seen Da Capo personally, though. Romantic dramas aren't usually my thing; I only followed Kanon for Kyoto Animation and Sugita Tomokazu, and it did not disappoint. Still haven't even seen Air yet either...
Old 2007-04-07, 04:47   Link #511
shiro83

Soul Link...
Old 2007-04-07, 07:37   Link #512
Shiori-chan

pokémon, digimon, yu gi oh, dbgt
comon who likes that anime :s
dont forget beyblade
Old 2007-04-07, 08:59   Link #513
-Breakthrough-

Quote:
dont forget beyblade
Oh dear god that series was omega crappy, and the dub was two times omega to that level XD Seriously, who would rock themselves off over tops with added special lights claimed to have beasts in them? I used to play the game when I was younger but I always hated the anime.
Old 2007-04-07, 14:26   Link #514
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msyunie View Post
pokémon, digimon, yu gi oh, dbgt
comon who likes that anime :s
dont forget beyblade
In all fairness Digimon is not that crappy imo. At least it has a flowing plot and, surprisingly, a fair amount of character development. Something like Digimon Tamers (won't comment on the others, because it has been ages since i have seen them) would get a 10/10 on the character scale and character development in the series. (A 10/10 for the characters, not the overall anime rating, in case some one misunderstands). And for once we have a story where the children parents exist as something more than an afterthought at best.

Just because it is a kids show doesn't make it that bad. It is fairly decent for a kids show... definitely better than the other ones in that list ...with Beyblade and Yu-Gi-Oh being little besides commercials for their respective products
Old 2007-04-07, 15:37   Link #515
Honey_and_Cleaver

More to add

Samurai Deeper Kyo
NANA
Paradise Kiss
Old 2007-04-08, 15:13   Link #516
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Ichigo 100%

Enough said.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-04-08, 15:20   Link #517
Tatsumiko
*Artist

Normally I wouldve said something here like "Naruto" or "Haruhi suzumiya"

But I got over that thought and they arent really that bad...not any of them in fact
I love anime...I dont hate it

So the animes i really like are great and all the others are...just average

enough said.
Old 2007-04-08, 16:09   Link #518
Alexandrite
Bloody Hell...

Send a message via MSN to Alexandrite Send a message via Yahoo to Alexandrite
I'm going to go with Soul Link. I watched it out of curiousity because it was by the people who did Shuffle!, but man was I disappointed. At least the opening and ending were pretty good, so I got a few songs off of it for my playlist. I'm also going to have to put the One OVA on the bad list; given Air and Kanon, I had hope for it even though it was by a different studio, but oh the horror when I actually sat down and watched it.

I have a strong dislike of a lot of the shounen anime out, but I don't really think I can count it as among the worst - partially because I've never actually finished those series and it wouldn't be fair of me to judge it without seeing it all the way through.
Old 2007-04-08, 16:19   Link #519
Islaya
Secchan

SD Gundam Force. Do I really need to explain?
Old 2007-04-08, 16:24   Link #520
#ASprek8#

Twin Spica !!!!!! ... what's up with Lion-san ??

Last edited by #ASprek8#; 2007-04-10 at 13:49.
Closed Thread