AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2007-04-05, 09:04   Link #141
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodseeker View Post
Was Triad as slow as they usually are when they were releasing the first two seasons of Nanoha?
Triad specifically mentioned that for most parts, the translation job, etc were done for most part, similarly around the time yesy released LQ 1.

But they wanted to wait for a HQ Raw before releasing it.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 09:09   Link #142
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
On top of it all they get him (engaged/married) to a more minor character in Amy.
Well its not as if they weren't building up to it during the first two seasons... He was on friendly terms with Fate and Nanoha, but any perception of romance between him and either of those two was obviously just wishful thinking. (Nanoha does deserve better than a trap librarian though... I wonder if Fate is going to get any love interests this season?)
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 09:12   Link #143
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Triad specifically mentioned that for most parts, the translation job, etc were done for most part, similarly around the time yesy released LQ 1.

But they wanted to wait for a HQ Raw before releasing it.
Translation is only step one though, right? I know that GG at least can take a good week between translation and actual release, and Triad's infamously slow.
Old 2007-04-05, 09:24   Link #144
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Well its not as if they weren't building up to it during the first two seasons...
What build up? The first thing that came to my mind back then was 'siblings'.

Quote:
(Nanoha does deserve better than a trap librarian though... I wonder if Fate is going to get any love interests this season?)
Anything's possible for the moment.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 09:39   Link #145
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
I've heard that yesy's pretty much the epitome of what comes to mind when you think speedsubbers (correct if I'm wrong there), so I've passed their release up, but how are DGz's subs?
You should broaden your sources of info and opinion because, as Skane said, yesy's anything but what you normally call a speedsubber.

And the moment that Triad said that they weren't using any of official names and spellings, that was it for me with them. I don't support the spread of misinformation, though I can understand that they want to remain consistant and don't like Engrish. I did quite enjoy their subs of the first 2 series, though.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 09:51   Link #146
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Nope, haven't seen Utawarerumono. (though I intend to once most of the series comes out on R1 DVD)

I'll wait a few more days to see if they come out with a higher quality release...

Was Triad as slow as they usually are when they were releasing the first two seasons of Nanoha?
You're confusing me here. On one hand, you don't want them to speedsub, on the other hand, you also don't want them to be "slow". There is a saying for this,

"Free, Fast, Good. Pick Two."
~~~~ ~~~~

Anyway, [yesy] already stated that they will come out with a [HQ] release if they can find a good quality RAW. Besides, this is the first episode. A lot of things need to be done before they get into the groove for the rest of the season, like choice of typesetting, doing the OP karaoke (personally I couldn't care less about this, but it seems to be an important thing to most fansubbers), etc...

The [HQ] releases will come in time. MSLN StrikerS is not some obscure anime that nobody likes. There is a lot of interest in it. I am far more concerned about the translation quality at this point, and it is my deciding factor at this point.

Names for example seem to be a "controversial" point in MSLN, and I am going to favour the groups that follow the official names instead of continuing to blindly follow initial impressions.

ADD]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob the Fox View Post
~ And the moment that Triad said that they weren't using any of official names and spellings, that was it for me with them. I don't support the spread of misinformation, though I can understand that they want to remain consistant and don't like Engrish. I did quite enjoy their subs of the first 2 series, though.
Is that so? If so, then I guess I won't be following their releases then. A mistake is a mistake, whether or not it was unintentional. I believe in respecting the creator's choice of names, no matter what it is, because it is his/her creation, and he/she has the right to name it whatever the heck he/she wants, even if I disagree with it.

If [Triad] really chooses this path, then it wouldn't be a path of consistency in terms of the official naming. I mean really, we have people named Apple and stuff. I even know a few fellow citizens named, "Singapore" ("I am Mr. Singapore from Singapore!" ORZ), so we can't really use "Engrish" as a defence. It happens. Weird naming. All the time.

Hell, even my own name is "weird". Outside of my own family, only one person has had ever managed to pronounce it properly the first time she read it. Which may be one of the reasons why I am so particular about getting the names right, no matter how strange it may seem, because despite having 99.99% of people mispronouncing my name in the way they think it should sound like, I am fiercely proud of how it is meant to be pronounced (and spelt).

Cheers.

Last edited by Skane; 2007-04-05 at 10:09.
Skane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 10:07   Link #147
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
You're confusing me here. On one hand, you don't want them to speedsub, on the other hand, you also don't want them to be "slow". There is a saying for this,

"Free, Fast, Good. Pick Two."
I was asking whether yesy was speedsub-quality because I don't want to wait weeks in between episodes and Triad was really slow with their Higurashi release, but if given a choice between waiting and watching a poorly compressed, poorly translated piece of shit, or even just a meh job, I'll take the former.

Quote:
Anyway, [yesy] already stated that they will come out with a [HQ] release if they can find a good quality RAW. Besides, this is the first episode. A lot of things need to be done before they get into the groove for the rest of the season, like choice of typesetting, doing the OP karaoke (personally I couldn't care less about this, but it seems to be an important thing to most fansubbers), etc...
I never notice the karaoke until somebody point it out.

Quote:
The [HQ] releases will come in time. MSLN StrikerS is not some obscure anime that nobody likes. There is a lot of interest in it. I am far more concerned about the translation quality at this point, and it is my deciding factor at this point.
I know. If none of the current groups were doing fast, high quality releases, somebody else would. But that could have been a few weeks off...

Quote:
Names for example seem to be a "controversial" point in MSLN, and I am going to favour the groups that follow the official names instead of continuing to blindly follow initial impressions.
I just prefer to go with whatever sounds better. (which isn't always necessarily the most accurate or whatever I hear first) Karen sounds more like a girl's name than Kalen, Raging Heart sounds more like the name of a weapon than Raising Heart, Demoned Away sounds better than Spirited Away by Ogres, etc.
Old 2007-04-05, 10:11   Link #148
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Well its not as if they weren't building up to it during the first two seasons... He was on friendly terms with Fate and Nanoha, but any perception of romance between him and either of those two was obviously just wishful thinking. (Nanoha does deserve better than a trap librarian though... I wonder if Fate is going to get any love interests this season?)
The big reason why fans think Chrono liked Nanoha back in season 1 was due to how shy he was towards Nanoha.

I think that Chrono didn't have any romantic feelings towards Nanoha, its just that Chrono doesn't seem to be good when it comes to people skills. Chrono no doubt joined the TSBA when he was very little and became an Enforcer at a very young age, so with that responsibility, he is no doubt very experienced when it comes to formal meetings with the staff, presenting reports, and command on the battlefield.

But put him in a situation where he has to deal with a civilian acting in a complete non-formal/military manner (and a girl at that), and he just doesn't know how to take it.

And Amy's teasing of him indicates that Chrono really have no real experience when it comes to girls.
Old 2007-04-05, 10:14   Link #149
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
The big reason why fans think Chrono liked Nanoha back in season 1 was due to how shy he was towards Nanoha.

I think that Chrono didn't have any romantic feelings towards Nanoha, its just that Chrono doesn't seem to be good when it comes to people skills. Chrono no doubt joined the TSBA when he was very little and became an Enforcer at a very young age, so with that responsibility, he is no doubt very experienced when it comes to formal meetings with the staff, presenting reports, and command on the battlefield.

But put him in a situation where he has to deal with a civilian acting in a complete non-formal/military manner (and a girl at that), and he just doesn't know how to take it.
That was the impression that I was under, too.

As for the romantic link between Chrono and Amy, they were always hanging out, and they weren't sibblings, so... I thought that it was obvious by the end of season 1.
Old 2007-04-05, 10:20   Link #150
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
~I just prefer to go with whatever sounds better. (which isn't always necessarily the most accurate or whatever I hear first) Karen sounds more like a girl's name than Kalen, Raging Heart sounds more like the name of a weapon than Raising Heart, Demoned Away sounds better than Spirited Away by Ogres, etc.
I would like to take this opportunity to remind people that despite all the chest-thumping action, hysterical screaming, and overpowered beams of death, MSLN did start out as a "Mahou Shoujo" series (with a twist). Raising Heart was designed to be a "Magic Wand", not a "Boomstick".

Yes, yes, I know. I am well aware that Raising Heart is more weapon than wand, but the naming convention would have been in line for a wand, which is what Raising Heart is meant to be in conception.

It can be taken to be a subversion of a cliché, in that such a "terrible" weapon has such a "sweet" name. The direct counterpart to this subversion would be Dai Mahou Touge (another perversion of the "Mahou Shoujo" genre, in a more... extreme way ), in which the wand IS named after a weapon.

"Lyrical Tokarev. KILL THEM ALL!"

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-05, 10:23   Link #151
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
That was the impression that I was under, too.

As for the romantic link between Chrono and Amy, they were always hanging out, and they weren't sibblings, so... I thought that it was obvious by the end of season 1.
'Hanging out' doesn't equal to 'romance'.

Yes they weren't siblings, I meant that they acted like they were. I haven't seen any strong romantic interaction with the two of them during the two seasons. They both were very professional with their work.

Hair combing and stealing drink doesn't count either, me and my brother (attempts to) steal each other food all the time, I wasn't very close to my sister, but combing her hair isn't anything strange.
Old 2007-04-05, 10:30   Link #152
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

Yes they weren't siblings, I meant that they acted like they were. I haven't seen any strong romantic interaction with the two of them during the two seasons. They both were very professional with their work.

Hair combing and stealing drink doesn't count either, me and my brother (attempts to) steal each other food all the time, I wasn't very close to my sister, but combing her hair isn't anything strange.
Well, frankly...(( this is so hard to type, for the same reasons as yours ))

I felt that the moment Fate is mentioned for adoption, Amy and Chrono were a sealed deal. No questions asked. True, I'll agree that Amy and Chrono's dynamics were a lot like siblings, but that's the way the kind of easy-going-oneesan x stiff-inexperienced-shota goes around with their relationship. Maybe I've watched too many animes, but Amy/Chrono were so obvious in their pace that it pained me. That's half the reason I couldn't rewatch A's more than once.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 10:31   Link #153
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:

The way I saw it, back in Nanoha/A's, the fact that all-business Chrono acted that way indicated that their relationship was beyond merely a commander/subordinate-type relationship. They were at the very least close friends.
Old 2007-04-05, 10:34   Link #154
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Well, frankly...(( this is so hard to type, for the same reasons as yours ))

I felt that the moment Fate is mentioned for adoption, Amy and Chrono were a sealed deal. No questions asked. True, I'll agree that Amy and Chrono's dynamics were a lot like siblings, but that's the way the kind of easy-going-oneesan x stiff-inexperienced-shota goes around with their relationship. Maybe I've watched too many animes, but Amy/Chrono were so obvious in their pace that it pained me. That's half the reason I couldn't rewatch A's more than once.

Fate's adoption makes me feel weird inside, but at that time I wasn't shipping, so I didn't think too much about it.

But because Amy and Chrono was TOO much like siblings, I couldn't see any underlining hints... At ALL, the pairing NEVER once occured to me.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot
The way I saw it, back in Nanoha/A's, the fact that all-business Chrono acted that way indicated that their relationship was beyond merely a commander/subordinate-type relationship. They were at the very least close friends.
Exactly.
Old 2007-04-05, 10:35   Link #155
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
I would like to take this opportunity to remind people that despite all the chest-thumping action, hysterical screaming, and overpowered beams of death, MSLN did start out as a "Mahou Shoujo" series (with a twist). Raising Heart was designed to be a "Magic Wand", not a "Boomstick".

Yes, yes, I know. I am well aware that Raising Heart is more weapon than wand, but the naming convention would have been in line for a wand, which is what Raising Heart is meant to be in conception.

It can be taken to be a subversion of a cliché, in that such a "terrible" weapon has such a "sweet" name. The direct counterpart to this subversion would be Dai Mahou Touge (another perversion of the "Mahou Shoujo" genre, in a more... extreme way ), in which the wand IS named after a weapon.

"Lyrical Tokarev. KILL THEM ALL!"

Cheers.
Don't really care... Raging Heart just sounds better.

Quote:

Right, they acted close, and they were always hanging out. I dunno, I wasn't focussing all that much on Chrono's love interests, but I remember it being pretty obvious to me early on.
Old 2007-04-05, 10:39   Link #156
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Granted there was a 6 year gap between the end of A's to when Chrono/Amy got together, who knows what happened during that time?
Old 2007-04-05, 10:42   Link #157
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Granted there was a 6 year gap between the end of A's to when Chrono/Amy got together, who knows what happened during that time?
It's still quite a bomb to drop... Speaking for just myself of course, being the 'non-seeing' one and all...
Old 2007-04-05, 10:59   Link #158
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Or a "non-believer"

Quote:
I don't know whether it's the wording, or the context, but that just sounds so... wrong

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 11:16   Link #159
johnjefferson3

i mean even i fighured out that chrono was attracted to amy even before a's was even fishing but when you see them in the last 5 minute part of the last epsiode of A's how even more beuatufil they both grown up and they were even closer since they were allways together, so i allready knew even before stikers was even announced that they would have allready been married by now, and then to have 2 kids in just 3 years too is just a bouns!!!!!! and if you look at it from amy's view she probley wanted to marry someone is was going to far in the TSAB, i mean his father was an amerial, then when he died, his mother then became an admiral, and then learning everything from them both and from learning things from the TSAB school and the lizite twin familars, he had the best education in the TSAB period, he was going to become an admiral by defualt, no brainer there, so it was allready decieded by the common actions of both amy and chrono's life, i am afraid this is one of the worst kept secrets in the anime world, i mean thiere was no chance in hell of these two being with someone else, i know most anime fans always look for twists and turns but most of the times, things are just out in the open where everyone just has to open their eyes and see it right in front of their faces!!!!!!!!
johnjefferson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 11:37   Link #160
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:

MILF-Fate X Oneesan-Nanoha FOREVER

any other pairing will disregarded and unacknowledge by all Nanaho fans.