AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black II OAD - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 33 36.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 34 37.78%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 3.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.11%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.11%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-02, 02:11   Link #41
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Great episode. This is what I first thought when I heard they are making a DTB 2nd season: Hei and Yin on the run. I'm rather pleased with the actual 2nd Season, but still it's good to see the Chinese Electric Batman kicking ass!

On the episode itself, very nice. The opening battle was really cool. Hei kicked ass. It's a shame that we couldn't get to see how Hei killed the 2 contractors who double teamed him..

Hei and Yin's "honeymoon" was rather fun to look at it, very sweet. It's here that we see Yin started to change and evolved. First sight of Izanami...

Looking forward to the next episode. How many episode will this short story have?
Old 2010-02-02, 02:47   Link #42
Solafighter
Hige

Amazing.

Watching this episode, it didnt feel like i would neither watch the first or second season. It has a kind of its own sensation. I love that.

I cant wait for the next one.
Old 2010-02-02, 04:07   Link #43
Chidori<3
Hei x Yin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I'm not so sure that Dark Yin/Izanami was (will be?) evil. She didn't kill Suou when she had the chance, but protected her from Noriomom. We don't really know what her motivations or intentions in season two were, do we? Or do we?

But we do see her gaining some jealous feelings in this episode: she grows by learning to feel emotions, but when you have emotions you have bad ones as well as good. It does seem as if the Gate -- or the Gate plus her own feelings -- have given her the power to turn contractors against themselves.
Yeah, exactly ! I don't think she will be (heh... was) evil...
Spoiler for Yin:
Hope we will find out more about her, her motivations, in those OVA

Someone mentioned that he doesn't remember how was she acting in the end of 1st season...
She was changing too, we could see that, she has her own will, emotions etc... ofc not as clear as here, but also... especially after she met Amber.

I really enjoyed this ep... And like lots of us, I regret THIS isn't 2nd season
In this 1 ep was much more action than in the whole 2nd season

Edit:
@LightningZERO: only 4
Old 2010-02-02, 04:12   Link #44
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
It looked a little like a hibiscus to me, reminded me of Hawaii anyway.
Should be right. In Japan, the hibiscus is synonymous with Okinawa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
And was it just me or did Yin refer to her observer spirit almost as if it as a separate entity? I believe she said "She says it's safe here" or something to that extent, not "It's safe here," or even "I checked, it's safe"
She just says ここは大丈夫 (it's alright here), あの子もそう言って (that girl/child/little one says so too), so yes, she does. Can't remember if she ever does it in the original series.

Re: Yin being "evil"
Spoiler for for 2nd OAD's preview:

@Kaoru Chujo
Just curious - why do you prefer the second season?

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2010-02-02 at 05:06.
Old 2010-02-02, 04:56   Link #45
fedor mma

Good Stuff. The old Chinese Batman shocking and stabbing people is back. The OVA is going on the route to explain wat happened to Yin and Izanagi stuff? Even an Amber illusion/lookalike appears
Spoiler for :
. So now gotta wait for OVA 2.
Old 2010-02-02, 08:34   Link #46
darkmaster074
------

Amazing

I cant wait for the next one.
Old 2010-02-02, 08:41   Link #47
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Finally got this, and I certainly wasn't disappointed. Not really much more to say that hasn't been said; I wouldn't say that this totally beats out S2 though, as I liked all of S2 aside from episode 7 and 12.

A solid 10/10.
Old 2010-02-02, 08:43   Link #48
Iwa Ite
Day by Day

Glad BBSubs subbed it XP

It was 10/10 episode. Like everything. And o_o OVA 2 trailer blows me away !! XD Feels like this is gonna be great OVA episodes =P

This episode was touchy , such moments... and the end of it, just "Awwwwww..."

I think I will watch it again ^__^ lol
Old 2010-02-02, 14:42   Link #49
Freeter
beyond

Dammit Hei, your woman is thoughtful enough to order you all that food, at least let her walk beside you on the beach

Solid episode, and since we already know Yin's fate I hope the final ep will allude to season 3 somehow. Meanwhile, I'll savor the HeixYin moments while they last
Old 2010-02-02, 14:54   Link #50
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
There were enough moments in this first episode, so i'd be happy if we didn't see anymore after this point.

Still, China dress Yin. Oh how i can't wait.
RAWWR

More moments are needed though, they need to explain why Hei saw a naked Yin saying goodbye to him in his dream....unless he is really perverted person...
Old 2010-02-02, 16:34   Link #51
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
I'm not so sure that Dark Yin/Izanami was (will be?) evil. She didn't kill Suou when she had the chance, but protected her from Noriomom. We don't really know what her motivations or intentions in season two were, do we? Or do we?
If you think about it she couldn't kill Suou. (It's hard to commit suicide by shooting yourself with an anti-tank gun.) The most she could do was to break that necklace. If she did that, then she wouldn't get what she wanted out of Shion.

So for mutual self-interest, she helped Suou get back to Tokyo.
Old 2010-02-02, 17:43   Link #52
Equidistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
If you think about it she couldn't kill Suou. (It's hard to commit suicide by shooting yourself with an anti-tank gun.) The most she could do was to break that necklace. If she did that, then she wouldn't get what she wanted out of Shion.

So for mutual self-interest, she helped Suou get back to Tokyo.
Now if only they'd explain what it is that she wanted...
Old 2010-02-02, 18:09   Link #53
RedWing

This is what the second season should've been.
Old 2010-02-02, 18:54   Link #54
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantQuiteGuess View Post
Now if only they'd explain what it is that she wanted...
Maybe she wanted the world to end. That's what her kid is prob going to be doing.

It's not the first time a character would want a "reset" or "destruction of the current version" because his/her world sucked. Her complaints were that dolls had no voice, rights, etc. in S2 previews. She was sounding a bit peeved and disgusted in S2 previews imo.
Old 2010-02-02, 22:33   Link #55
Hobbit
. . .

"Yin, you can run, but you can not hide!"

Orion, there's no room in your little heart for Yin? We don't have proof that she was/is evil.

Why would she ask Hei to kill her? Probably, it was Shion who wanted something from her. How could Suou be happy with her father dead, a mother who denies her, and the knowledge that she was a clone? All her memories fake?
Or how could she live in a new Earth leaving behind her brother and Hei? That's why Yin broke the necklace.

Why she put herself in a comatose state? Because she is trully evil and wants to destroy the world...
-------------------------------

Oh... and it was a great OVA. In my opinion, it's better than S2, probably because it shows what I wanted to see XD

Last edited by Hobbit; 2010-02-02 at 22:36. Reason: my lame english
Old 2010-02-02, 23:03   Link #56
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
...@Kaoru Chujo Just curious - why do you prefer the second season?
I may have overstated. I certainly enjoyed it as much, though. I liked Suou and her development. I liked the effect she seemed to have on Hei, helping him come back from his dark period. I liked Suou and July. I liked the fact that it was less episodic and more continuous. I loved Hanazawa Kana's acting. I was no more dissatisfied with the ending than I was with the first season's ending. And action is not one of the main things that interests me.

I'm not saying it was better or worse, just that I enjoyed it as much or even more. It's just personal taste. I was realizing today that the three shows I look forward to most each week right now are Dance in the Vampire Bund, Hanasakeru Seishounen, and Winter Sonata. Your mileage may vary, lol.

@orion
-- Good points about Yin helping Suou get back to Tokyo for her own purposes.

@Freeter -- I felt the same way, seeing Hei striding ahead of Yin and not seeming to pay her proper attention. What would it cost him to hold her hand? It would even be better cover. Maybe he is still off balance from events at the gate.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2010-02-03, 00:01   Link #57
Equidistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Maybe she wanted the world to end. That's what her kid is prob going to be doing.

It's not the first time a character would want a "reset" or "destruction of the current version" because his/her world sucked. Her complaints were that dolls had no voice, rights, etc. in S2 previews. She was sounding a bit peeved and disgusted in S2 previews imo.
Nice to see the Yin hating continue, but even if all that were true it's still poor execution on the part of the writers to not show that. Not knowing Shion or Yin's motivations made it hard to care about the whole earth 2.0 plan they had going.
Old 2010-02-03, 00:04   Link #58
Equidistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Dammit Hei, your woman is thoughtful enough to order you all that food, at least let her walk beside you on the beach

Solid episode, and since we already know Yin's fate I hope the final ep will allude to season 3 somehow. Meanwhile, I'll savor the HeixYin moments while they last
Seeing Amber pop up again really unnerved him, got him back on his paranoid edge right after he's finally started to relax.
Old 2010-02-03, 06:13   Link #59
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
I may have overstated. I certainly enjoyed it as much, though. I liked Suou and her development. I liked the effect she seemed to have on Hei, helping him come back from his dark period. I liked Suou and July. I liked the fact that it was less episodic and more continuous. I loved Hanazawa Kana's acting. I was no more dissatisfied with the ending than I was with the first season's ending. And action is not one of the main things that interests me.
Thanks for elaborating! I've recently been putting my thoughts in order about it myself, and came to really similar conclusions to yours - I liked Suou's development, her interaction with Hei, how they dropped the 2-episode mini-arc, and wasn't particularly upset with the ending this time round. Admittedly, I'd appreciated the action more than the seiyuu for this series - I don't usually follow female seiyuu because I can seldom recognise their voices...

@CantQuiteGuess he was also very shocked to realise that Yin hadn't followed his order, and that she'd acted of her own accord to request dinner etc...

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2010-02-03, 07:18   Link #60
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantQuiteGuess View Post
Nice to see the Yin hating continue, but even if all that were true it's still poor execution on the part of the writers to not show that. Not knowing Shion or Yin's motivations made it hard to care about the whole earth 2.0 plan they had going.
I don't hate Yin. She's a very tragic character when you combine both seasons together. I'm not a Yin shipper either.

With Yin, those preview monologues in S2 gave you a hint of what she was feeling.

Both characters desired a "reset" due to their situations. Yin's situation couldn't get any worse. Shion's family got screwed. The reset was only possible with Shion and Yin cooperating with each other and Hei pulling the trigger so to speak. The by-product being Yin's son getting released onto Earth 1.0 to destroy it so that only one version of something remains. (ie in case that a "true" copy gets made with memory ability without a meteor core). So the "true" copy becomes the real Earth and Earth 1.0 disapppears from history. Sort of like what was trying to be accomplished in Noein. Getting to Paradise by crushing the bones of others. It's my theory anyways...

Last edited by orion; 2010-02-03 at 07:39.
Closed Thread