AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 11 28.21%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 28.21%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 30.77%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 12.82%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-21, 06:50   Link #81
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Or maybe they could pull a "you've been so pitifully in love with me, I suppose I have no other choice but to humor you" stint but that would also come off as forced and unnatural, and it would make me feel the show is trying to offend me. (And frankly, I don't think that any of these solutions would please anyone outside of exta hardcore shippers and/or Zessica fans.) Or I suppose they could go the "I've been in love with you all along" route which would be, well, yeah. Ridiculous wouldn't even start to describe it.
Well, if you're going to put it that way, then the same goes for Mikono and Amata. As has been pointed out, their romance is written in a way that makes it look VERY forced and in a way that's trying to offend any intelligent viewer.
Mikono has pretty much zero commitment and is only shown "interested" (read: superficially jelly)
a) at first, because they were similarly useless
and when that changed
b) because someone else had their face in his crotch.
Not a single scene comes to mind where she was shown to care for Amata the person as opposed to Amata who she wants him to be. Hence why viewers observe that her commitment to Amata seems "weak" compared to Zessica.
I'll take it a step further, Amata is equally just running after what he wants Mikono to be- arguably an image of the mother who abandoned him.
Up until now he's been like some dog who tries to please his master, who happens to be impossible to please.
Now he's trying to find her because he believes her to be calling for him, when in reality she isn't thinking about him for five seconds and is peachy, sitting around a fire with Fudo. So as far as the famous "sensing when the lover needs you" goes, he fails at that too.

So yeah... AmataxMikono is JUST as ridiculous, especially with that inexplicable focus on Zessica and her feelings for the last 10 or so episodes.
To be clear, I'm not arguing for either pairing- I'd support the one that was executed most believably- and that is none, as far as the main characters go.

That said, both had some cute scenes. Not denying that. But while there was plenty from Amata towards Mikono, there wasn't really much from Mikono. So there... ._.
Old 2012-05-21, 06:53   Link #82
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Damn, I thought when Amata had been kissed by Zessi that he would use that power to pull her out from under the rubble and have them floating in the air =0/. Although I prefer the pairing, I still am not going to expect that relationship to play out that way.
Quote:
I didn't interpret it like that, but even if that would be the case, I don't see how, at this point, Amata x Zessica could happen without being convulted and artificial. I mean, it's been 21 episodes without Amata showing any romantic interest in Zessica. Should we expect Amata to go "well, I've been set on one girl from the start, I've been withstanding sekuhara and wounded puppy eyes and even a confession from Zessica so far, but a kiss? wow! Zessica, here I come! Mikono who?" Or maybe they could pull a "you've been so pitifully in love with me, I suppose I have no other choice but to humor you" stint but that would also come off as forced and unnatural, and it would make me feel the show is trying to offend me. (And frankly, I don't think that any of these solutions would please anyone outside of exta hardcore shippers and/or Zessica fans.) Or I suppose they could go the "I've been in love with you all along" route which would be, well, yeah. Ridiculous wouldn't even start to describe it.

(Then again, this is Aquarion Evol, it wouldn't be the first convulted and artificial solution...)
Well, if they spin the whole reincarnation thing onto Zessi and Amata, it could make sense, though that happening is a long shot. I still believe that w/o the reincarnations of A-nius and Cel that A-lo and Syl would have been even less likely to happen(the main protagonist love trope notwithstanding). Heck, at the end of the orig series
Spoiler for end A-lo moments:

Old 2012-05-21, 06:57   Link #83
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon

Quote:
I didn't interpret it like that, but even if that would be the case, I don't see how, at this point, Amata x Zessica could happen without being convulted and artificial. I mean, it's been 21 episodes without Amata showing any romantic interest in Zessica. Should we expect Amata to go "well, I've been set on one girl from the start, I've been withstanding sekuhara and wounded puppy eyes and even a confession from Zessica so far, but a kiss? wow! Zessica, here I come! Mikono who?" Or maybe they could pull a "you've been so pitifully in love with me, I suppose I have no other choice but to humor you" stint but that would also come off as forced and unnatural, and it would make me feel the show is trying to offend me. (And frankly, I don't think that any of these solutions would please anyone outside of exta hardcore shippers and/or Zessica fans.) Or I suppose they could go the "I've been in love with you all along" route which would be, well, yeah. Ridiculous wouldn't even start to describe it.

(Then again, this is Aquarion Evol, it wouldn't be the first convulted and artificial solution...)
I was thinking about this too...if it does go on the path of Amata x Zessica in the end then whatever they decide to use (be it..."You sacrificed yourself for me" / "Your the first girl to kiss me" / "I've been in love with you all along" / "I'm the other half of Sylvia" to solidify that they are going to be together...THE WRITERS better do a HELL OF A AWESOME JOB AT IT...But honestly if Amata's feelings change in the next couple of episodes then I'll be pretty disappointed (not cos I am a shipper of Amata x Mikono) mainly cos it's not logical (though this is anime and everything goes)...you can't have a character that has strong feelings for another character (especially if it's dealing with FIRST LOVE syndrome LOL)...I just dont see why they would put Amata in that position where he's chasing tails with Mikono from the beginning (and share some sweet moments with her too) and then make him fall for Zessica...However, Kawamori did do the whole "Oh I met you when we were kids, you motivated me and I have now realised I have feelings for you" like he did with Alto and Sheryl pairing (and I was like WHAAAT?) Ranka confessed her feelings to him but sadly he couldn't return them (Example: Zessica confessing to Amata - and choosing Mikono) OR (Mikono confessing to Amata - Amata has a change of heart and chooses Zessica)...Kawamori: "I love complicated relationships, their just sooo TROLL WORTHY".
Old 2012-05-21, 07:02   Link #84
Arya

Quote:
I don't know about well made. ^^;; I'm sure it would've had a bigger impact on me if I wasn't thinking "but Zessica, wtf are you doing, you've just blasted away a bigger rock! (god knows how, but you did it)""
First, don't be bothered by minor details as the one you mentioned. This is Aquarion, not everything has to make sense, doesn't it? I know I don't need to tell you that
Being serious, I found well made that scene because from the moment they met (Zess and Amata) during the episode I started thinking of a good explanation for her to kiss him, and couldn't find any one at the moment, so basically I was waiting for a silly moment. Instead, except for that detail, her reasoning was very focused. It conveyed different meanings, love, farewell, sacrifice. And I had forgotten about Amata flying reaction.
And looking from another angle, compared to the possibility of Zessica slipping on him and then casually kissing him that was far better.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2012-05-21, 07:02   Link #85
mixordia

Quote:
Frankly, I have no idea what they're planning to do with Zessica from now on (reincarnation and plot hijinks aside). Right now they her entire character revolves around being in love with Amata. Also, they went through all that trouble to make sure the audience feels sorry for her and supports her (seriously, it's been how many episodes, ten? it's ridiculous). So, supposing they won't kill her off eventually (she's definitely not dead just yet), how could they deal with her? They could give her the guy she wants, except the guy hasn't shown any romantic interest in her in 21 episodes, so the only options for that would be basically "forcing" Amata to like her in one way or another (brainwash, etc) which would surely please some fans and shippers but overall it would be hugely disappointing. They could make her accept that Amata is in love with someone else and she has no chance, and move on with her life, but this is anime so that's not even an option. ^^;; Or they could just... leave her like this. Which just wouldn't make sense.

I really have no idea...
I entirely agree with you, completely. In fact you said exactly what I think.

Zessica fans... Zessica not die people, don't worry, she will be used by Mykage to do something bad in the end, I have no doubt about that... I'm indifferent to her, but I'm sure she will still show up and surprise. She is the trump card of Mykage and I'm sure she will appear at the apex of the show and do something for influence of Mykage... so at this point, any character can die in the end, Kagura, Amata, Mikono, Zessica, etc. Yes, I have a bad feeling about the end.
Old 2012-05-21, 07:13   Link #86
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixordia View Post
I entirely agree with you, completely. In fact you said exactly what I think.

Zessica fans... Zessica not die people, don't worry, she will be used by Mykage to do something bad in the end, I have no doubt about that... I'm indifferent to her, but I'm sure she will still show up and surprise. She is the trump card of Mykage and I'm sure she will appear at the apex of the show and do something for influence of Mykage... so at this point, any character can die in the end, Kagura, Amata, Mikono, Zessica, etc. Yes, I have a bad feeling about the end.
I'm a Zessica fan, and I'd rather her to be definitely dead.

It's not a bad end for her at all. She died doing something for the one she likes even if it's still and forever onesided.

It's way better than her surviving and being used as Mikage's tool which is going to happen anyway. Enough sufferings, leave her alone sadists writters...

Forthe persons who complain she's too much of a woobie here, what Kawamori has in store for her if she survived is probably way worse.
So leaving her dead is the best solution in any case.

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-05-21 at 07:32.
Old 2012-05-21, 07:33   Link #87
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
Well, if you're going to put it that way, then the same goes for Mikono and Amata. As has been pointed out, their romance is written in a way that makes it look VERY forced and in a way that's trying to offend any intelligent viewer.
Except Mikono does in fact have feelings for Amata. It's been made pretty clear and you have to be very biased against that pairing to deny it. The only questions ever were how strong those feelings were, and whether Kagura would do anything to change them or not. So no, it's not the same situation at all. It's not Amata pining hopelessly and Mikono not being interested at all, it's Mikono being shy and not 100% sure of herself, and then very confused about pretty much everything. There are numerous problems with the writing that don't make the Amata x Mikono side of the triangle(s) as strong as it could've been, and obviously it's still up in the air whether it'll be end game ship or not (especially with the revelations in ep 21) but Mikono having feelings for Amata can't exactly be denied. If that pairing happens at least it has 21 episodes of mutual feelings and sort-of development behind it so it wouldn't be a U-turn out of the blue that pretty much goes against everything we've been shown so far.

(And this is my last comment on this topic before it spirals into ship war... )

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixordia View Post
I'm pretty sure she's not dead (like Mykage would kill her, and besides it's way too early for any of the main characters to heroically die), and I'm still waiting for the big revelation on her. Whether reincarnation or not, I'm sure she'll be one of the biggest twists in the story in one way. (I just hope it'll make sense...)
Old 2012-05-21, 07:54   Link #88
Ypocaramel

Amatgura? Really?
Old 2012-05-21, 08:08   Link #89
Korps!
Ikarechimattaze!

Quote:
Amatgura? Really?
Behold, a new legend is born, Amagura the unwilling rapist. Did someone watched a late DBZ episode when writing this?

It's still kinda slow with half the cast focused on the single thought "where is my ship going?"

I'm getting seriously tired of Mykage convenient magic tricks.

Last edited by Korps!; 2012-05-21 at 13:32.
Old 2012-05-21, 08:12   Link #90
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon

SPOILERS AHEAD

I just re-watched the episode with SUBS...

From what I can deduce

1. Wings of the Sun split into fragments (not sure how many)

2. Kagura is a fragment (Mykage says this)

3. Mikono has a feeling that she has heard the right and left hand speech somewhere before.

4. Wings of the Sun will awaken

5. Mikono still needs to apologies

6. Zessica's promise (that Mykage is talking about) could be Touma's promise to the shadow angels ...to revive the race and find the Genesis Aqaurion.

7. Fudo's patched eye - possibly the Book of Genesis or it has the book pages stored in there (LOL kind of freaky but hey it happened in BRAVE 10 LOL)

From what I can understand and pretty much remember from Sousei No Aquarion

1. I think both Kagura and Amata are Wings of the Sun

2. Amata is most likely the original being

3. Mikono is Sylvia / Celiane / Apollonius altogether

4. Genesis Aquarion

5. Mikono actually has a connection or has connected with Alicia (that is why she wants to apologies...I mean she connected with Jin who died). OR Mikono is the body/heart and Kagura/Amata are her wings (Apollonius - seperated from his wings 24,000 years ago) and the wings became one being but were suddenly seperated (due to Alicia)...two reasons why Mikono has to apologize...she doesn't say to whom she has to apologize nor does she say she has to apologize to both, its just "I have to apologize to YOU".

6. Zessica keeps destroying or damaging things probably due to her emotional build up inside. From what I remember Touma liked to vent out his emotions as well and killing if he didn't get what he wanted.

7. Fudo keeps touching it whenever something along the lines of destiny/prophecy is about to unfold or when it concerns the legend of 24,000 years ago.
Old 2012-05-21, 08:18   Link #91
miketyson

I also can't quite see what they plan to do with Zessica right now. Twist? Yes. Hopefully a good one though, they've made her a heck of a woobie for an awfully long time now.

One curiosity: Mykage's called Zessica ~"girl with grass-colored hair" twice now. It's interesting if only in that the only other person who's gotten such a colorful, plant-analogy description is when he described the "golden-eyed, flaxen-haired boy" (which is probably describing some Kagura-Amata fusion?). I really don't know what to make of it beyond pointing it out. I don't think anyone else on the human side has gotten a similar appellation from Mykage.

Of all things, at least personally, the future event I'm most curious about is if Donar will get that second (third?) meeting with Mykage, and if so when and how? I'm not sure why this is what I'm thinking about most after all that's happened, I guess I just want to see if Mykage keeps his promises.
Old 2012-05-21, 08:19   Link #92
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korps! View Post
Behold, a new legend is born, Amagura the unwilling rapist. Did someone watched a late DBZ episode when writing this?

It still kinda slow with half the cast focused on the single thought "where is my ship going?"

Mykage is one of the few characters that has been consistently entertaining me though.

Along with Sazanka, Kagura and Shrade.
Old 2012-05-21, 08:20   Link #93
Ypocaramel

This episode actually reengages me, restores some of the interest in this show I feel I had lost within the last few episodes, which left a little disjointed and lacked some of the inexplicable magic of the show. Maybe it's the return to the main plot. I don't know.
Old 2012-05-21, 08:22   Link #94
mayumi

If Amagura is Apollonius and Amata is half soul then his destiny/fate is with Mikono. No matter you try to spin it Amata is part of the 24000 yrs love story. The spoilers said while back, Mikono will have make a choice and she trapped in the destiny of fate etc. But just because she makes a choice does not mean she will end up with anyone in the end. Jus tlike the ED song foretells Mikono-Amata are going to seperate and they are going to accept it this time. THe spoilers also said the people of the past reincarnation do not have end up with each other.

Take it as you may. Is Zessica someone new? Is she another character from the past. We don't know. BUt she gets most focus on how her heart reacts. She also did the most bravest thing that Celiane could never do which is let Amata go for his own safety. Had Celaine let Apllonius go when Touma said to come back to him, then the a whole lot of hate/destruction could have stopped.

Silvia and Celiane said the reason they split was because their soul could not stand the burden of destroying Atlandia. Silvia even says even though there was so much haterade and sadness she was still happy to see Apollonius again. Perhaps its the same with Mikono which is why she wants to apologize.
Old 2012-05-21, 08:28   Link #95
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korps! View Post

It still kinda slow with half the cast focused on the single thought "where is my ship going?"

But Amagura is Apollonius. It seems only Zessica fights fate. I admit that I don't like fusion business. Mykage at least is entertaining unlike Amata whom I sometimes barely notice.
Old 2012-05-21, 08:43   Link #96
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
If Amagura is Apollonius and Amata is half soul then his destiny/fate is with Mikono. No matter you try to spin it Amata is part of the 24000 yrs love story. The spoilers said while back, Mikono will have make a choice and she trapped in the destiny of fate etc. But just because she makes a choice does not mean she will end up with anyone in the end. Jus tlike the ED song foretells Mikono-Amata are going to seperate and they are going to accept it this time. THe spoilers also said the people of the past reincarnation do not have end up with each other.

Take it as you may. Is Zessica someone new? Is she another character from the past. We don't know. BUt she gets most focus on how her heart reacts. She also did the most bravest thing that Celiane could never do which is let Amata go for his own safety. Had Celaine let Apllonius go when Touma said to come back to him, then the a whole lot of hate/destruction could have stopped.
Mykage said something that seems to imply she's an outsider.

But even Mykage could be trolled by Kawamori.

The fusion thing is bad. Amagura is a rapist while Amata and Kagura separated are quite gentlemanly.

Fusion = rape = bad.
Old 2012-05-21, 09:13   Link #97
Ypocaramel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
... while Amata and Kagura separated are quite gentlemanly.
I think Yunoha disagrees about Kagura there.
Old 2012-05-21, 09:15   Link #98
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ypocaramel View Post
I think Yunoha disagrees about Kagura there.
He's as gentlemanly as his upbringing allows him to.

He even blushed and refused when Mikono made him lewd propositions.
Old 2012-05-21, 10:44   Link #99
zero7090

what the fuck
Old 2012-05-21, 11:35   Link #100
ookamigirl

Andy still refuses to give up on Mix, what a stubborn guy.
It was sad watching him mope around.
Amata's dream was seriously weird, but not that unbelievable.
Mikono is in the middle of everything that's happening, the epicenter.
Running around that ruined town brought them nothing but more tragedy.
Amata & Kagura, brothers or one person split in two..

My Blog --> ookami
Closed Thread