AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-10-29, 11:24   Link #101
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Well in season1 they traveled way back in WWII.
Old 2009-10-29, 13:05   Link #102
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Well in season1 they traveled way back in WWII.
Wasn't WWII when they died. This season they are concentrating more on relationships than in going back in time. She has not tried yet to go and save more people. I can't wait for the drama when Hajime discovers about the truth.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 13:29   Link #103
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
It is so sad, that it is revealed that Arashi and the other ghost will disappear when the summer ends.
I always thought that Arashi would disappear at the end of summer but reappear again the next summer. I have no idea where I get this from, is it true or did my mind made it up?
Old 2009-10-29, 14:40   Link #104
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I always thought that Arashi would disappear at the end of summer but reappear again the next summer. I have no idea where I get this from, is it true or did my mind made it up?
It's a thought i also came up with, i mean it would make sense if it played out that way, though we don't know the true reason as to why they appear yet, so there's probably a lot more to it, and why they've only appeared in this summer.
Old 2009-10-29, 15:14   Link #105
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
and why they've only appeared in this summer.
I believe they have appeared other summers and have found other partners. Only think I can think is that once they disapper, they can't go back to the same pertner for something sad to happen. If they can reapper next summer and still partner with Jun and Hajime then I don't think that there would be any problem.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 04:52   Link #106
moshika

moshika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 04:57   Link #107
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Wasn't WWII when they died. This season they are concentrating more on relationships than in going back in time. She has not tried yet to go and save more people. I can't wait for the drama when Hajime discovers about the truth.
Kaya's words probably got to Arashi and she stopped going back in time to save people.

And yes poor Hajime...Well at least he has Kamigamo.
Old 2009-11-01, 12:11   Link #108
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Apparently Akiyuki Shinbo watched too much Sailor Moon this summer.

Guys at japanese forums say that 2nd season needs some kind of a continious story like S1 had and I wholeheartedly agree. With that pace (they managed to make a filler episode!) we probably won't cover the whole rest of manga in the rest 8 episodes. Comedy is nice and all, but that's not everything I personally love Arashi for. Since chances of further sequel are bottom zero, I would really like Akinaichuu to go out with some kind of bang, it deserves it. They could make another season in, say, Summer 2010 (what an appropriate time too!) but they won't, so... I want a definitive ending for anime, even if it will differ from manga.

Last edited by Daniel Lind; 2009-11-01 at 12:46.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 13:26   Link #109
Midonin
Last Engage

Time loops, magical girls, Shaftiness. I'm pleased.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 13:27   Link #110
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

That was a great transforming girl episode. Of course, Arashi had the best costume out of the lot of them.
Old 2009-11-02, 08:41   Link #111
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Lots of MAGICAL GIRL references from Sailormoon, Pretty Cure and KJ's very own Magical Mai in SchoolRumble. Iam not sure if this is a filler or something from the manga. Probably from Vol. 6.5.

Also hate to say it the beat of the OP song is growing on me, though I still don't like the lyrics and singing. Only the tempo and beat.

EDIT:

SR Magical Mai

Spoiler for Mai:
Old 2009-11-03, 23:44   Link #112
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Yeah, both the OP and ED are sort of growing on me, I have to admit. I'm not skipping them anyway. But I sure do miss that ultra-awesome S1 OP.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-08, 00:44   Link #113
ordnance11

I'm trying to see if there is there is any correlation of the dates they've given out so far. Jan 20, 1945 kinda drew a blank. However, the first B-29 firebombing missions occurred during that time frame, so the fires would had been caused by that.

I'm just hoping that these dates and places don't show up in the show

August 6, 1945...Hiroshima..0815 local

August 9, 1945...Nagasaki..1101 local
ordnance11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-08, 13:14   Link #114
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Jun-kun is the best, my favorite next to Kaya. ^^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-08, 13:25   Link #115
Midonin
Last Engage

Today on General Vamp's Quick Recipes, more time travel shenanigans that end up causing more problems than they fix. Also, the power of store-brought foods and Yayoi and Kanako being unable to cook. Bonus points for Arashi and Kaja taking up segment duties (and referencing Goranger. Super Sentai will always be something I can appreciate.)
Old 2009-11-08, 13:31   Link #116
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Gotta love how this episode was all about cold noodles. Quite liked how it all played out after the going back in time scenes at the end there.

Though wouldn't it have been simple to just go back in time to when Arashi had the cold noodles? :P
Old 2009-11-08, 13:32   Link #117
Midonin
Last Engage

Upon further investigation, it appears my calling this episode General Vamp's Quick Recipes hits closer to home than I thought. Sunred's mangaka drew the end card this week.
Old 2009-11-09, 01:07   Link #118
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Can't say I enjoyed this one. Another filler? Do they have S3 in mind?

By the way, did anyone caught after-ED reference? before-OP was Goranger, but I couldn't find what post-ED one was.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 01:33   Link #119
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Finally got to watch it.

lol at the intro where Kaya and Arashi takes the place of Kanako and Yayoi. Kudos to the cosplay cafe and food antics. Iam not sure if this is a filler, but it might be in the volume 6.5 manga chapters.
Old 2009-11-15, 13:28   Link #120
Midonin
Last Engage

Looks like it's possible to hold a time travel heavy episode entirely in the present. Though now that Master has the ability to time travel, the threads of time will probably be need to put through the washing machine, ironed and then hung out on the front lawn in a picturesque Americana fashion. I've found these episodes interesting, because exploring the logistics of time travel can be fun, even if the brain has to think four-dimensionally to account for it.

Great Scott.

Tags
comedy, romance, shaft, shounen