AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 53 Rating
Perfect 10 40 65.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 21.31%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 11.48%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 1.64%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-20, 08:43   Link #61
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
why did Risa had to be so stupid as to walk in alone when there's a shapeshifter running around?
Of course she's worried about Mustang, so any sane person would go in there to check to see if he's alright. Also, the current state he's in that Ed and Scar talked about, which will have her worried.
Old 2010-04-20, 11:44   Link #62
Vicious108

Quote:
This episode was pure awesome! My one gripe... why did Risa had to be so stupid as to walk in alone when there's a shapeshifter running around? Well judging from the previews it works out anyway without her getting burnt by Mustang.
Maybe because she's confident that she and Roy know each other too well to be fooled by a fake?
Old 2010-04-20, 12:46   Link #63
Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Maybe because she's confident that she and Roy know each other too well to be fooled by a fake?
That wouldn't surprise me. They had worked out a name code that Hawkeye used to tell Roy about Pride. The two of them probably have lots of tricks and giveaways they could use to see who's real. If nothing else, Roy might be the only one who knows about the alchemy marking on her back.
Old 2010-04-20, 16:27   Link #64
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Loved this one, They really did Roy's wrath justice, didn't they ?
My only problem, as pointed earlier, was Ed's reaction. he was like shocked, almost sad in the anime version, while he was more in a "WTF" mood in the manga :/

I fear the next episode. I love Envy after all, hope he'll get his little glory moment (nice animation for this please...>_<)
Old 2010-04-20, 17:16   Link #65
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

About time Roy torched that bastard .. I mean a homonculi who deserved it ..

Yeah, thats the good stuff...

EDIT:

I fully enjoyed all the scenes when Envy was getting blasted and in Pain, the sole memory of Elicia's tears in FMA (first version) is enough to make me wish Roy would make him suffer even more. For those of you who don't remember:

BLOOD is the currency of the soul and the silverplate of the will......maybe thats why I love Hellsing Ultimate.

Last edited by CuXe; 2010-04-21 at 02:03.
Old 2010-04-20, 19:48   Link #66
Lumine
Band Army Member

At first I thought it was going to be a good fight or something (Envy eye-catch was awesome), it started good but .... it became a bit ...disturbing.. heck even my sister was feeling bad for Envy, and she cried when Hughes died.

Also the Eye-Scream... seriously can't he just kill Envy fast like he did with Lust instead of waiting for him to regenerate/ try to attack.

And don't forget the part: "Hughes is dead, dead and gone." It sounded like "Screw avenging Hughes, I'll just enjoy watching you suffer."
Old 2010-04-20, 19:49   Link #67
saravis

In regards to the morality of Roy's actions topic, that sometimes drives me crazy with anime. In one anime you'll have revenge be "just desserts" and you'll be like "Hell yeah!" when the protagonist does someone torturous action on an enemy, an example would be Fist of the North Star. Then you have anime, like this, where such actions are frowned upon and you'll be like "Naughty, naughty" Frankily speaking I'm in the formers boat in this case. Roy's actions may be immoral, but I'm enjoying every moment of it. Envy has been nothing but scum and he deserves every moment of pain that he's getting.
Old 2010-04-20, 21:48   Link #68
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

What everyone said. Great, great episode - brutally intense and beautifully choreographed. This is a huge story, yet everyone gets their moment to shine, in turn.

I can't help myself - I like Envy. There's just something in the personality - despicable, yes, but I always look forward to seeing him again.
Old 2010-04-20, 22:41   Link #69
Kon the Magnificent

Badass, just badass, I enjoyed watching Roy's vengence animated. Roy's vengence face sent a freakin shiver through my spine, but no more than hearing Envy's painful screams.

I actually, like in the manga, feel bad for Envy...no one deserves to die by the Flames of Vegence...that's just evil
Old 2010-04-21, 05:14   Link #70
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuXe View Post
About time Roy torched that bastard .. I mean a homonculi who deserved it ..

Yeah, thats the good stuff...

EDIT:

I fully enjoyed all the scenes when Envy was getting blasted and in Pain, the sole memory of Elicia's tears in FMA (first version) is enough to make me wish Roy would make him suffer even more. For those of you who don't remember:

BLOOD is the currency of the soul and the silverplate of the will......maybe thats why I love Hellsing Ultimate.
No wonder that 1st one was totally uncleared about the Maes Hughes in the later until my mind spinning around about wondering what happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumine View Post
At first I thought it was going to be a good fight or something (Envy eye-catch was awesome), it started good but .... it became a bit ...disturbing.. heck even my sister was feeling bad for Envy, and she cried when Hughes died.

Also the Eye-Scream... seriously can't he just kill Envy fast like he did with Lust instead of waiting for him to regenerate/ try to attack.

And don't forget the part: "Hughes is dead, dead and gone." It sounded like "Screw avenging Hughes, I'll just enjoy watching you suffer."
More like 'i've had enough with your bullshit about the disguise!!' & 'You will Burn in Hell!'. Envy deserved to be dead. He tried everything he can but it fails over & over. This is actually for Alicia & Mrs Hughes where I was really sad about during the last EP16!!

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2010-04-22 at 02:50.
Old 2010-04-21, 06:59   Link #71
Kaiba

Quote:
I can't help myself - I like Envy. There's just something in the personality - despicable, yes, but I always look forward to seeing him again.
I just don't see it. Envy, quite literally, is the most disgusting of the seven sins and I feel the same about him. There's nothing to like about someone that terrible and hideous, and God knows I'm enjoying this part.
Old 2010-04-21, 07:09   Link #72
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
This episode was pure awesome! My one gripe... why did Risa had to be so stupid as to walk in alone when there's a shapeshifter running around? Well judging from the previews it works out anyway without her getting burnt by Mustang.
I was afraid the whole time of something bad happening to her. It would be quite evil to have Roy burn her thinking it's Envy. That would be horrible (like in a series not too long ago with the chick who went necro [vague as to avoid spoilers]) so I don't plan on entertaining the thought any longer.

Quote:
That may be true. It would have been a good idea if Risa took a knife and cut Roy's face somewhere. It would have increased the chances of her recognizing him. You know who Risa is because Envy can't make guns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
I just don't see it. Envy, quite literally, is the most disgusting of the seven sins and I feel the same about him. There's nothing to like about someone that terrible and hideous, and God knows I'm enjoying this part.
That's why people like him.
Old 2010-04-21, 11:07   Link #73
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Ah, to each his own I guess. Envy is full of defaults, but the guy has crazy charisma. And the fact is was this important in the first serie, certainly helped his popularity.
Plus the fact his sadism is what makes his character so...attractive. You can't help but know there is something beside that, like...we'll see soon enough :'(

Now, usually, the worse sin is usually pride so well, I wouldn't call envy the most disgusting of the seven sins.
Old 2010-04-21, 13:59   Link #74
Vicious108

Quote:
You do know Envy is a villain right? They're supposed to be terrible and hideous. The fact that he's so much so is what makes him an interesting, compelling and entertaining antagonist that enriches the story and makes for great conflict with the heroes.

TV Tropes' answer to why "Evil is Cool" puts it well:
Quote:
Because you don't have a story unless you have conflict. The bad guy — in most cases — is the conflict. The more interesting the conflict, the more interesting the story. It really is that simple.
I'm sure nobody really likes him as a person, but as a fictional character and villain, he's great.

Quote:
You know who Risa is because Envy can't make guns.
Eh, I wouldn't be so sure about that. Who says he didn't make the one he shot Hughes with? We didn't see him transforming into Ross.

And if he can make clothes, things that are separate from the body itself, it's not such a stretch that he'd be able to make guns as well.

Last edited by Vicious108; 2010-04-21 at 14:18.
Old 2010-04-21, 15:36   Link #75
kirby sama
Pink Ball!

Awesome episode! Mustang KICKS ASS!!! I've almost felt sorry for envy... ALMOST!
Old 2010-04-21, 17:20   Link #76
-Suigetsu-
Prelude of Light

Quote:
And if he can make clothes, things that are separate from the body itself, it's not such a stretch that he'd be able to make guns as well.
Especially when he was already shown to be able to create blades and snakes...
Old 2010-04-21, 17:49   Link #77
Kaiba

Quote:
You do know Envy is a villain right? They're supposed to be terrible and hideous. The fact that he's so much so is what makes him an interesting, compelling and entertaining antagonist that enriches the story and makes for great conflict with the heroes.
I guess I don't find Envy compelling and entertaining at all, because from my perspective there's nothing to him. He's a sick bastard, nothing more, nothing less. Bradley and Kimblee, my two favorite villains, have something more to them, but Envy just runs around doing evil for the sake of doing evil - and maybe it's personal, but "pointless" evil is something I utterly hate.

And on a philosophical viewpoint, I do find envy to be the most disgusting sin, if not the worst. All the other sins are virtues or necessities of our lives taken to extremes, but envy is simply hatred directed towards someone. As has been observed, other sins may give oneself a positive feeling for a period of time, but envy is just simply destructive towards everyone and everything - just like Envy is.
Old 2010-04-21, 19:16   Link #78
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
I guess I don't find Envy compelling and entertaining at all, because from my perspective there's nothing to him. He's a sick bastard, nothing more, nothing less. Bradley and Kimblee, my two favorite villains, have something more to them, but Envy just runs around doing evil for the sake of doing evil - and maybe it's personal, but "pointless" evil is something I utterly hate.

And on a philosophical viewpoint, I do find envy to be the most disgusting sin, if not the worst. All the other sins are virtues or necessities of our lives taken to extremes, but envy is simply hatred directed towards someone. As has been observed, other sins may give oneself a positive feeling for a period of time, but envy is just simply destructive towards everyone and everything - just like Envy is.
Haven't you heard of sadism? It's enjoying inflicting pain on someone else. Envy is a sadist, so his actions aren't 'pointless evil', as you call it. Envy doesn't do evil just for the sake of doing evil. Are you a manga reader. If so, you'd know some of the depth behind Envy's character.

Wrath can give one a positive feeling over a period of time? Really?
Old 2010-04-21, 19:26   Link #79
GDB

Quote:
And on a philosophical viewpoint, I do find envy to be the most disgusting sin, if not the worst. All the other sins are virtues or necessities of our lives taken to extremes, but envy is simply hatred directed towards someone.
Sloth and Wrath are virtues or necessities taken to an extreme?
Old 2010-04-21, 19:50   Link #80
Vicious108

Quote:
Nah. Not that there's anything wrong with villains who are evil for the sake of being evil, awesome baddies like the Joker and Kefka come to mind, but Envy's not like that. If you've paid attention to his behaviour you should already suspect that there's more to his enjoyment of humans' suffering than he lets on. Just look at how much he loathes being looked down on by humans and how royally pissed he gets when it happens, like in his fight against Ling and later on against Marcoh.

That's all I can say for now though.
Closed Thread