Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-12-28, 19:58   Link #5801
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
for however predictable his writing is, it has created debate and interest and still makes u want to continue reading as to see whats gonna happen and it frustrates u all manga frustrates at one point or another and that makes a good author keeps u wanting more as to see whats gonna happen
Actually, I stopped reading it a while ago. His writing basically made me lose complete interest in the manga because it's so unrealistic and so stupid that I just couldn't take it anymore. :P
Old 2010-12-28, 20:36   Link #5802
UPR

then there is that hey everyone warrents there opion cant talk for everyone but the fact that u keep coming to this section and reading ot merits something as well even though u stopped and lost complete interest in the manga
Old 2010-12-28, 20:38   Link #5803
Freeter
beyond

Spoiler for 118:

Quote:
the fact that u keep coming to this section and reading ot merits something as well even though u stopped and lost complete interest in the manga
Yeah, I get to laugh at it and blow off some stress from my workday
Old 2010-12-29, 01:37   Link #5804
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
then there is that hey everyone warrents there opion cant talk for everyone but the fact that u keep coming to this section and reading ot merits something as well even though u stopped and lost complete interest in the manga
But its not about the manga but more about the posters. I too long ago stopped reading this nonsense but I do keep coming just to read the comments in there. Doenst have much to do with the manga itself.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 08:20   Link #5805
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Actually, this is the first time I've come here in and posted something in weeks. I just click the link occasionally when I stop by because it's there, mostly out of habit. Otherwise, I don't bother.
Old 2010-12-29, 10:44   Link #5806
UPR

well its not like im trying to force a point here if u stooped hey thats all on u ive stopped reading before this manga as well so much that ima have to re-read it

anyway back to the story: Azuki is gonna work hard now to keep his mind of Eba i mean kinda her mess up they met up once again
Old 2010-12-29, 12:38   Link #5807
Animekirai

Ch 118 some pictures.

Spoiler for 1:

Spoiler for 2:

Spoiler for 3:
Animekirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 12:42   Link #5808
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Eba got a haircut but not in Seo's favorite standards. Somehow I thought she's another person but she looks more mature than the earliear Eba.
Old 2010-12-29, 13:39   Link #5809
SidVicious
Anime addict

She's really back?
Old 2010-12-29, 15:08   Link #5810
Freeter
beyond

Eba really does look like Honoka 2.0 now, and thanks to the current situation she pretty much is

So how much longer till Suzuka ending part deux?
Old 2010-12-29, 15:38   Link #5811
Johnny
Working the bags...

You mean when Asuka goes over to America to play softball leaving Haruto with a broken heart...?
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 20:43   Link #5812
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Eba really does look like Honoka 2.0 now, and thanks to the current situation she pretty much is

So how much longer till Suzuka ending part deux?
Uhm, really?

As for me I'm still standing to my '80+ chapters of development' position. Not to mention AsukaxHaruto came into life much too easy for shounen romance/drama standards - the end pairing is usually the most troubled one and Asuka's been a walk in the park compared to his relationship with Eba.

For Eba to become Honoka he'll have to get togehter with her but right now it is Asuka who's pretty much in a classic Honoka situation - Late girl gets together with the protagonist in mid-story because he broke up with beginning's main girl and lost contact for some time, that's what I call familiar.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-30, 02:25   Link #5813
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
...For Eba to become Honoka he'll have to get togehter with her but right now it is Asuka who's pretty much in a classic Honoka situation - Late girl gets together with the protagonist in mid-story because he broke up with beginning's main girl and lost contact for some time, that's what I call familiar.
2nd'd

Everyone loves to hate Eba right now, but by the time Seo is done with this tome, he'll have you all (well maybe not ALL) wanting them to get horizontal and go on to happily evar-aftar...

I've been objecting to this Mangawriting-hotnessgurl/timeslip/Asukasexiness arc because it seems too artificial, poorly written, badly executed and troll-like. I was SO MUCH MORE for the Honoka arc in Suzuka, if only because Suzuka (even to the end) never proved to be worthy of all the attention and love she was getting. The same pattern is emerging here, except that Eba v.1 was really cute and likable, unlike Suzuka, and the current arc isn't NEARLY as well written as it should be.

If Haruto ends up with Eba in the end, I'll be quite fine with it. OTOH, I'm really more of a Nanami shipper, except that she's been a cardboard cutout in the last few chapters, totally out of character, unless you can call her fed-up with Haruto-baka.
Mughi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-30, 03:58   Link #5814
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Er, how so? ^_^;

Physically - maybe some slight resemblance to "Honoka reloaded", when she was pursuing her modeling career. But Honoka was never a character which demanded massive attention and pampering by her boyfriend. She never was an emotional drain. Essentially, she was "angel level" who first did her best caring for the guy, and then, on her second stint, picked up the wreck that Yamato was and healed him, until he could fling himself at the ice bitch (Suzuka) again.

So, I fail to see the resemblance. In fact, I don't see ANY character in KimiMachi who would play the Honoka role.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-30, 04:10   Link #5815
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
For Eba to become Honoka he'll have to get togehter with her but right now it is Asuka who's pretty much in a classic Honoka situation - Late girl gets together with the protagonist in mid-story because he broke up with beginning's main girl and lost contact for some time, that's what I call familiar.
As a reminder: Honoka was no late girl, she was introduced very early in the story (chapter 3), and she was Yamato's _first_ girlfriend, way before he even got together with Suzuka. Then, after he hit rock bottom after being dumped by Suzuka, she reappeared to pick up his shambles and rebuild him to a human being, before she retreated again since Yamato was first too dense and then too wussy to commit. In fact, the prelude to Honoka's reappearance in c117 was - in my opinion - one of Seo's best arcs ever.

During this healing phase they were only friends, no couple. So, I really don't think that we have anything comparable here.

Last edited by Mentar; 2010-12-30 at 04:27.
Old 2010-12-30, 06:36   Link #5816
ZeKeR
Superbad

oh god...

MY DRAMA AND SUZUKA MAINFRAME SENSES ARE TINGLING!

im guessing that Haruto himself WILL ignite the flame again and gun after yuzuki who either HAS a boyfriend or something else. either way, Asuka is prolly not gonna take this face down...

SEO! DUN DISAPPOINT US!
Old 2010-12-30, 07:59   Link #5817
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Er, how so? ^_^;
I meant superficially, of course. Both were the MC's girlfriend at one point but now play second fiddle to the current love interest. And unless Seo decides to make Haruto a slobbering philanderer at the drop of a hat, it looks like it'll stay that way.

Personality-wise frail little Eba doesn't hold a candle to Honoka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
the prelude to Honoka's reappearance in c117 was - in my opinion - one of Seo's best arcs ever.
That arc truly was the high point of Suzuka. I felt bad for Yui, but Honoka made it all better.
Old 2010-12-30, 09:09   Link #5818
Shadow5YA

Quote:
I meant superficially, of course. Both were the MC's girlfriend at one point but now play second fiddle to the current love interest. And unless Seo decides to make Haruto a slobbering philanderer at the drop of a hat, it looks like it'll stay that way.

Personality-wise frail little Eba doesn't hold a candle to Honoka.

That arc truly was the high point of Suzuka. I felt bad for Yui, but Honoka made it all better.
Keep in mind that Honoka was just as frail as Eba is now. She only became leagues better after she found her calling in modeling.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-30, 10:20   Link #5819
KNIM

Spoiler for Where have I seen this before?:
KNIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-30, 11:07   Link #5820
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Keep in mind that Honoka was just as frail as Eba is now. She only became leagues better after she found her calling in modeling.
Hmmm... I'm not sure I agree with that. In the earlier chapters, she lacked some confidence and self-esteem, but she wasn't "frail". She didn't "break" and didn't need alot of care and maintenance (like Eba). After all, she DID manage to get her feelings across, she DID overcome her timidness, and when she initiated the splitup, she didn't cut, run and hide - she rather helped Yamato by nailing some basic truths into Suzuka's head.

And Honoka reloaded was a wonderful, near-perfect girl - from the moment of her reappearance till the moment she withdrew from Yamato again. It would shock me if Eba would merely come close to the level of maturity that Honoka reached. Highly unlikely.

Though I've got to admit that certain resemblances in the pictures do exist

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life