Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2011-07-26, 08:43   Link #23741
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roduigez View Post
Kallen is my favourite character in the series, I just find her the funniest, especially when she's in her "meh" mode at school.
With Lelouch gone from her side, it'll be hard to find someone that be able to make a "crack" in her personality

As personally, I admire her.

She's always trying to solve the problem by herself, she's not easily looking for Lelouch comfort even when knowing Lelouch is looking for a comfort from her.

Her devotion is also the good aspect.
She never really tried to betray Lelouch until Zero Requiem forced her to take OoBK sides. Making her the only main character that's not siding with Lelouch at Zero Requiem

( Makes me wandering, what her clothes will be if Lelouch allowed her to take a part in Zero Requiem

Will it be the black dress C.C. used ? Or maybe a white dress to match Lelouch as she share the same ideals with him ? )

At the further aspect, I'm proud because she's brave enough to kill Lelouch just like Nunnally.
I'm glad to see she's still on her resolution without even trying to commit suicide or taking an amnesic route to run away from reality.
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-26, 10:48   Link #23742
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
If the mum was dead, her suidice was a guarantee.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 06:05   Link #23743
Butter Fly
M so busy nww......
*Author

Nah, it may not have been. She was living for paying back the death oh her brother or something.
Old 2011-07-28, 07:37   Link #23744
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

That was before, but after her wish and dream becomed to make a happy world to live together with her mother.

However, to pass the entire life to be the caretaker of a parent unable to a normal life is a very "happy world"....the japanese moral philosophy sometimes is grotesque. XD
Old 2011-08-01, 08:46   Link #23745
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

I'm not sure if Kallen is going to take suicide route as she received a "live on" command. Looking at medical books in her bookshelf is quite implying that she's trying to aid people's life just like how Lelouch aid her life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
That was before, but after her wish and dream becomed to make a happy world to live together with her mother.

However, to pass the entire life to be the caretaker of a parent unable to a normal life is a very "happy world"....the japanese moral philosophy sometimes is grotesque. XD
It's not like that ^^;
Because that's already counted as a moral value for traditional-esque family.
That's also the reason why there's difference for such things like -sama and -dono, "suki" and "aishiteru", and many things else.

My family is one of those traditional-esque.
From the very start, we're taught to respect our parents as the first most important things ( as they're the one who gave you birth ). Works and lovers comes next after you can take a full responsibility for your decision for choosing that kind of works, and that kind of lovers. For lovers, that responsibility also goes for his/her parents and also his/her life too. It's complicated, but it comes for your own good

I didn't truly hate Suzaku for this reason too.
Kill your own father even if it's for a good conclusion is absolutely wrong.

For Lelouch x Kallen shippers.
I found something interesting before.
It comes from an anime made by Sunrise also.

Spoiler:

Look at the male character.
His hair, his expression, and that kind of blush.
Is this just me, or the main character ( male ) is quite representing Lelouch and Kallen ? ^^;
Old 2011-08-06, 05:33   Link #23746
Butter Fly
M so busy nww......
*Author

^ Yeah, it is representing Lulu a li'l Don't know about Kallen
Old 2011-08-09, 11:14   Link #23747
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

A little OT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter Fly View Post
^ Yeah, it is representing Lulu a li'l Don't know about Kallen
This is the main factor ( I remembered my friend which is Lelouch x Kallen shippers going happy-all-around as she found those moment )

Spoiler for Source: Glass Reflection:

As for me, it's quite "true".
His hair is representing Lelouch and Kallen hair mode blended.
As well as his action and his character later.
If you're asking his hair color, well-- Lelouch had a sister with a light brown hair
Old 2011-08-09, 17:17   Link #23748
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Well, I think to make a very original character is impossible in these times...

However, I don't know if you read all my comic, but if you want see the original Kallen, here:

Spoiler for Kallen berserker mode.:
Old 2011-08-09, 21:53   Link #23749
Lost Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
Well, I think to make a very original character is impossible in these times...

However, I don't know if you read all my comic, but if you want see the original Kallen, here:

Spoiler for Kallen berserker mode.:
Yup! That's Kallen alright!

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-10, 04:39   Link #23750
Butter Fly
M so busy nww......
*Author

Kallen looks scary *gets nightmares*. Hehe.
Old 2012-02-22, 21:23   Link #23751
AutarchSeverian

Rewatching Episode 9, "Refrain", I was wondering something...

There's a point where Kallen and Lelouch are discussing Lelouch Lamperouge's plans, and Kallen gets angry at him because she thought he was "a better man" than to sit on the sidelines of the world. Since she asks him "what do you want to do?" and talks about how Lelouch could be doing a lot if he applied himself, and says "I was a fool to expect anything more out of you", I think she was thinking about recruiting him into the Black Knights. Anyone else have thoughts? Feel free to bash this idea.

OH and a problem I have with the series relating to Kallen...I'm under the impression that she is the daughter of the Brittanian guy who was her mom's lover, but did they have a relationship before the invasion of Japan by Brittania? Kallen says, when she sees her mother on refrain, says "first you give into Brittania, then to a man, and now...", but if Kallen was born after the invasion of Japan, she should be significantly younger than Lelouch and Suzaku, who seemed to have been somewhere around 7-11, instead of being about the same age.

And if he's not her father, why is he acting like she's his daughter, but treating the woman he actually slept with like a maid?

Noooooo don't tell me....he's got "plans" for Kallen....noooooooooooooo!

Last edited by AutarchSeverian; 2012-02-22 at 21:35.
AutarchSeverian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 06:35   Link #23752
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

For japanese scripts, to explain few and bad with black holes is standard, they use the justification "the audience is stimulated to think about theories" instead is just a idiocy.

The kallen past is a example, you just know her born from a extra-relation between a brtiannia nobleman and a japanese woman in year 2000, but zero info about who, when and why.

Just use your imagination like I did in my comic.
Old 2012-02-23, 18:26   Link #23753
azul120

Lelouch was putting on a facade to throw her off his trail as the identity of Zero.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 22:25   Link #23754
AutarchSeverian

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
Lelouch was putting on a facade to throw her off his trail as the identity of Zero.
Not concerned with what Lelouch was doing in that scene, though I wonder about your conclusion considering that he had already orchestrated having her listen to Zero's voice over the phone while his lips weren't moving. Rather, I was asking if Kallen was planning to recruit Lelouch. I don't think she suspected him at this point, considering that when she finds out he is Zero, she's completely shocked.
Old 2012-02-23, 23:36   Link #23755
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutarchSeverian View Post
Not concerned with what Lelouch was doing in that scene, though I wonder about your conclusion considering that he had already orchestrated having her listen to Zero's voice over the phone while his lips weren't moving. Rather, I was asking if Kallen was planning to recruit Lelouch. I don't think she suspected him at this point, considering that when she finds out he is Zero, she's completely shocked.
It was part of his MO as a civilian to hide his true intentions through a mask at all times. Even around Rivalz he said there was no use trying to change things.
Old 2012-02-24, 14:49   Link #23756
AutarchSeverian

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
It was part of his MO as a civilian to hide his true intentions through a mask at all times. Even around Rivalz he said there was no use trying to change things.
I'm not debating that he had no interest in bringing Kallen back to suspecting him, but that's not the same thing as saying that he was trying to throw off what were, at this point, seemingly nonexistent suspicions. I'm actually rewatching the series right now, so I'll look for evidence that Kallen suspected him, and that Lelouch was worried about her suspecting him. But I think it's unlikely - especially given the scene in the episode 13 where he speaks to her with his mask off from the shadows, even though you'd think he'd be worried about her catching his voice. The fact that he said the same thing around Rivalz, who has no reason to suspect Lelouch is Zero, shows that he's not doing it to throw off existing suspicion but to avoid it from ever coming about.

And also, even if he wasn't Zero and didn't have geass, he would've given the same answer. See his episode 1 conversation with Rivalz. And then there's season 2 episode 1, where he doesn't even have the motivation to destroy Brittania or protect Nunally or himself, he still wonders about what he has to gain by continuing into the world either in "the system" of Brittannia or as a college student even though he questions the wisdom of the Black Knights trying to resist Brittania.
Old 2012-02-27, 22:47   Link #23757
brolyeuphyfusion
???

I don't understand why would Kallen want Lelouch
Old 2012-02-27, 23:46   Link #23758
AutarchSeverian

Well, it's weird. She seemed to like Lelouch early in the series, just as a student, but maybe got put off by him in "Refrain," where she sees him as too aloof/withdrawn. Her loyalty towards Zero remains, and in season 1 of episode 2, she seems to make a division between Zero and Lelouch which I guess was justified by Lelouch's abandoning the battle for Tokyo to go after Nunally. She can't figure out whether to trust Zero's intentions or not because he's too inconsistent - sometimes he uses people like pawns, sometimes he goes over the top for his men: Kallen is probably the best example, when she is captured in China he fights against a much larger force, including the Shen Hu, in an attempt to save her (this probably made it seem to her that Lelouch cared about her deeply, which was probably true). She's also divided because Zero has demonstrated that he has the power to change the world, but she isn't sure if he's trying to change the world the way the Black Knights are hoping for.

Oh, and also girls seem to find Lelouch attractive generally in Code Geass. Personally, I don't see how he can compare to Toudou.
Old 2012-02-28, 03:45   Link #23759
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutarchSeverian View Post
Well, it's weird. She seemed to like Lelouch early in the series, just as a student, but maybe got put off by him in "Refrain," where she sees him as too aloof/withdrawn. Her loyalty towards Zero remains, and in season 1 of episode 2, she seems to make a division between Zero and Lelouch which I guess was justified by Lelouch's abandoning the battle for Tokyo to go after Nunally. She can't figure out whether to trust Zero's intentions or not because he's too inconsistent - sometimes he uses people like pawns, sometimes he goes over the top for his men: Kallen is probably the best example, when she is captured in China he fights against a much larger force, including the Shen Hu, in an attempt to save her (this probably made it seem to her that Lelouch cared about her deeply, which was probably true). She's also divided because Zero has demonstrated that he has the power to change the world, but she isn't sure if he's trying to change the world the way the Black Knights are hoping for.

Oh, and also girls seem to find Lelouch attractive generally in Code Geass. Personally, I don't see how he can compare to Toudou.
She was actually put off by his attitude towards her as a student, which he did on purpose, in season 1. She felt used in the first season finale when his identity was revealed to her for the first time. It took her some time for it all to sink in, and she accepted Lelouch as Zero even more after she learned about his devotion to Nunnally, which mirrored her own to Naoto.

Tohdoh does have a reputation as a great strategist, though it's more on the informed side.

The BKs were more concerned about freeing Japan first, while Lelouch was going directly for uprooting Britannia, for better and worse.
Old 2012-02-28, 14:47   Link #23760
AutarchSeverian

Quote:
Tohdoh does have a reputation as a great strategist, though it's more on the informed side.
I brought him up as an example of someone more attractive than Lelouch