AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-06-09, 16:06   Link #41
LKK

Anime-only person here with a question for the gamers. Without getting into spoilers, how important are the wives' relationship with Arawn to the overall plot? An example of what I mean is this. Arawn is chief of the Gael tribe because Riannon declared herself his wife. Without her, he wouldn't be in his current position as leader. Does that fact that Arawn is married to the other women have importance to the plot simply because of the fact that they're married? I'm not looking for spoiler details so much as an overall yes / no / in some cases type of answer.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 17:45   Link #42
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Arawn cares about them a bit more in the game.
IMHO the game version (I can only vouch for the PC game) had the opportunity to focus on the wives more, and mainly the second part focused about the story (I'm not gonna tell you what and how exactly ). The first half was more like getting to know a characters (+ Having various intercourses with them )
Like someone said in the anime thread, scenes like the picture book of Ermin and such trivial tiny scenes makes the player feel a bit more attached to the wives I reckon.
Obviously they cannot animate every small unimportant thing either, so it's not like I'm angry, however answering your question, yes the story (and with that Arawn) focuses on the girls a bit more than the anime.
Just to name an example: the gladiator scene in Londinium was the third time (or second I'm not 100% sure), when the player went there. The first two times the characters were just messing around, and Arawn had sex with the two servants in the bathhouse. Certainly there is no reason to animate all that (and obviously the bathhouse is a definite no in the TV).
I hope you get the gist of what I'm trying to say.

As for Rhiannon's - Arawn's marriage and it's relation to the chief position, well it's hard to say. In the game the player don't even see the tribe at all. I mean there was a line that everyone moved in the castle, and additionally you can recruit random mercenaries in the party too (mainly elfs though), but that's about it really (+ some events almost at the end showed some of them too).
Anyway I remember a line maybe from Arthur, where he said that polygamy was always encouraged for the tribe-chief. Which means they wouldn't question his decision who he picks up for his wives, despite how his first wive was the one who granted him the title.

Without going into details yes his marriage with Rhiannon has some significance, not because of the chieftain position she granted, but because of certain events happening later on.
Old 2009-06-09, 19:19   Link #43
Shadow Kira01

Is the story of the anime different than the PC version? What about the PS3 version?
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 20:15   Link #44
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

As far as I know the anime is more faithful to the PS3, and there are already several differences between the PC and PS version. Additionally I've heard there are a few minor things different to the PS3 version too already, but as I haven't played it, I haven't got a clue what exactly.

Strictly speaking no, the anime's story is more or less the same, however some things happen a bit differently. Not like it seriously matters to be honest though .
Old 2009-06-10, 06:24   Link #45
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
Is the story of the anime different than the PC version? What about the PS3 version?
It is. The anime version of TtT is more incourse with the PS3 version than the Original PC game, or atleast to say, that the incidents/events currently shown in the anime are completely different than the PC version not to mention, Lidia, is a PS3 only character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
Strictly speaking no, the anime's story is more or less the same, however some things happen a bit differently. Not like it seriously matters to be honest though .
for me at least, it does. I don't remember Gaius being capable of thinking that far ahead of Arawn in the game. The Colosseum where Octavia fought with her Commander and her very first team up with Morgan. I don't know, there were many new&changed scenes shown in the anime that makes me feel new to TtT.. but that's just me

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Anime-only person here with a question for the gamers. Without getting into spoilers, how important are the wives' relationship with Arawn to the overall plot?
For the PC game; Arawn's other wives doesn't really have anything to do with the plot except for Riannon, due to some events that will unfold as the plot progresses.

Spoiler for just incase:
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 14:29   Link #46
MrJack

I just wanted to ask, is there any list of the h-scenes of this game out there? 'cause I just finished my firstr playthrough but the second to the last one is still locked, I didn't know they could be skipped like that. Or does any of you know how do I get it? I don't really mind replaying the whole thing since there's always the super easy mode...

Hope someone answers! ^_^
MrJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 20:36   Link #47
Magicberyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJack View Post
I just wanted to ask, is there any list of the h-scenes of this game out there? 'cause I just finished my firstr playthrough but the second to the last one is still locked, I didn't know they could be skipped like that. Or does any of you know how do I get it? I don't really mind replaying the whole thing since there's always the super easy mode...

Hope someone answers! ^_^

have you bought that "red stripe" from the shop?
Magicberyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 03:14   Link #48
MrJack

No, not yet... But I'm gonna go try it right away. ^_^ thanks for that.
MrJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 21:25   Link #49
kmo_9000

hey I just registerd to the forums. I wanted to say that I want tears to tiara in North America also. It looks like a sick game and the PS3 is badly in need of RPG's.

It was hard enough trying to buy Valkurie Chronicles over here.
kmo_9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 00:32   Link #50
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Well both ErogeShop, both Paletweb has the game on stock, and unless you can find a sale for the already used products through sites like Ebay, then your best bet how to obtain it will be through these sites (albeit they aren't really that cheap unfortunately):
http://www.erogeshop.com/product_inf...cts_id/1000994
http://www.paletweb.com/selectpage.asp?code=0002444
http://www.paletweb.com/selectpage.asp?code=0002438
Old 2010-07-06, 11:38   Link #51
Tokimemofan

I'm selling my copy of Tears to Tiara

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=330449120645 PC Standard Edition if anyone wants one cheap since I set the reserve at less than half the amount I paid for it.
PS: Sorry if this is a bit off topic but it didn't seem appropriate to put this somewhere else.
Tokimemofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 01:15   Link #52
eku

Does anyone have the cg pack of this game and the expansion for the PS3?
eku is offline   Reply With Quote