AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-01-10, 18:33   Link #1781
finalfury
Incognito

The possibility of dialogue on the same level as Linda and Banri for Kaga and Banri is 100% impossible and it feels like watching an opera when I watch the two of them. :x
Old 2014-01-10, 18:40   Link #1782
Beltane70

I really hope that that's not the case, Pesti13nce, though it is quite the interesting theory!
Beltane70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-10, 18:44   Link #1783
Pesti13nce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beltane70 View Post
I really hope that that's not the case, Pesti13nce, though it is quite the interesting theory!
I know right? at first i was like no way.... Then i read it a 2nd time... and i was like....damn...this ACTUALLY makes a little more sense than the typical croc pot crazy.
Pesti13nce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-10, 18:58   Link #1784
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterVampire View Post
I dont understand that scene where he didnt kiss her.
It bothered me, too. But I thought it meant he wasn't ready to commit to her.

I was less than thrilled with this episode. The bits with Linda were fine, a review of the past with more detail (she really did intend to say yes). The part with Kouko went nowhere, and just seemed like puerile comedy from some other show. I still feel a lot of sympathy for her, since she is so insecure that she feels she has to do this stuff. But she seems to have made no progress. But I do think that real dialogue is possible, since they seem to have it in tiny bursts every so often.

And Pesti13nce may be onto something. Worth thinking about. The OP and ED being full of only Kouko struck me.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-10, 19:07   Link #1785
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Not sure if we need to go too dark on the interpretations of the OP/ED. Kind of feels like a reverse from the first ones really. The OP is all about Kouko this time like the ED was all about Kouko from the first ED. And this time the ED focuses on Banri/Kouko which the OP did originally. Maybe altogether it means that there will be tough times in the middle of this series but in the end things will turn out alright .
Old 2014-01-10, 19:12   Link #1786
Pesti13nce

It was a user on Reddit who posted this, i just brought over to this forum. Still tho, it's pretty crazy and makes a lot of sense but that would REALLY turn this series VERY dark.. Nearly the opposite of Toradora.
Old 2014-01-10, 19:15   Link #1787
finalfury
Incognito

Does Banri know about Kouko's address by now at least?

The time she was sick annoyed me since she was privy to his residential information while he wasn't privy to hers. :c

I kinda skimmed through the episode so yea......
Old 2014-01-10, 19:32   Link #1788
SuitUp
ˇGracias Totales!

Too much reading beetwen the lines in that theory, it feels a lot like a creepypasta, akin to "Tsubasa was in a coma" "Angelica was a crackpot addict" and such.
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-10, 19:42   Link #1789
Pesti13nce

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
Too much reading beetwen the lines in that theory, it feels a lot like a creepypasta, akin to "Tsubasa was in a coma" "Angelica was a crackpot addict" and such.
Well... thats WHY it's called "Theory" if there wasn't anything "written between the lines" it would be called fact then.
Old 2014-01-10, 19:49   Link #1790
SuitUp
ˇGracias Totales!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pesti13nce View Post
Well... thats WHY it's called "Theory" if there wasn't anything "written between the lines" it would be called fact then.
There's a limit to reading between the lines, do it too much and it starts getting nonsensical.
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-10, 21:29   Link #1791
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
13:

My general reaction to this show is that I enjoy it when it's about Linda and Banri, and not so much when it's about Koko and Banri. You can call it shipping, I don't really care about the label, but I really do not like Koko too much. I feel the show is always more genuine and real when it involves Linda, and always more fake and sun bright when it's about Koko. This isn't a matter of realism or anything, but it's hard for me to enjoy a story about a character I just don't find that likable.

The show just becomes incredibly awkward and unfunny whenever it involves Koko. I was cringing during that entire scene before the festival dance. It was just annoying.
This, in essence, is the problem for me. It's not a matter of liking Linda better than Koko - though I don't deny I do. It's as if it's two different shows when she and Koko are on-screen, and the one with Koko isn't very good.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-10, 21:40   Link #1792
l.kostas

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
Does Banri know about Kouko's address by now at least?

The time she was sick annoyed me since she was privy to his residential information while he wasn't privy to hers. :c

I kinda skimmed through the episode so yea......
At episode 7 he asked her about her address but she said "My father said I should stay away from you.
He said that if a weird girl like me clings to you, it'll ruin your life."
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-10, 22:02   Link #1793
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
It bothered me, too. But I thought it meant he wasn't ready to commit to her.
But it was a mere kiss (and in the middle of a park so it would not scalate further) and I see no further commitment if they are already dating (and in university, they are not childen anymore). I would have understood Banri brushing of the kiss if Koko had done something wrong and was using the kiss to evade apogolizing, but as it stands Banri is a pussy and Koko should really just kidnap him until he get stockholm syndrome, otherwise I have the feeling that plotwise this kind of scenes will repeat over and over -_-;
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-10, 22:18   Link #1794
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
But it was a mere kiss (and in the middle of a park so it would not scalate further) and I see no further commitment if they are already dating (and in university, they are not childen anymore). I would have understood Banri brushing of the kiss if Koko had done something wrong and was using the kiss to evade apogolizing, but as it stands Banri is a pussy and Koko should really just kidnap him until he get stockholm syndrome, otherwise I have the feeling that plotwise this kind of scenes will repeat over and over -_-;
She might have some Yandere tendencies, but she is not Gasai Yuno...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-11, 00:41   Link #1795
HandofFate

didn't expect ghost banri to hold a grudge, but it makes sense.
And as a metaphor the conflicting feelings within him, it works for me.

He didn't want to totally cut off every connection with Linda, Linda went ahead and gave the push herself. So Banri is still between them, even if he's pretending again to move on with Koko,like how before he was pretending to be all super lovey dovey with Koko to get over his guilt of thinking of Linda.

Him refusing the kiss was pretty lame...I forget, how often have they actually kissed?

Also, this is the strangest college club I seen in anime, wonder why all these students choose this club above all others in a law school.
Old 2014-01-11, 01:22   Link #1796
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
didn't expect ghost banri to hold a grudge, but it makes sense.
And as a metaphor the conflicting feelings within him, it works for me.

He didn't want to totally cut off every connection with Linda, Linda went ahead and gave the push herself. So Banri is still between them, even if he's pretending again to move on with Koko,like how before he was pretending to be all super lovey dovey with Koko to get over his guilt of thinking of Linda.

Him refusing the kiss was pretty lame...I forget, how often have they actually kissed?

Also, this is the strangest college club I seen in anime, wonder why all these students choose this club above all others in a law school.
To be fair though the law program in that school seems to be more like an undergraduate degree. They aren't all in the law program. So depending on the programs it might make sense why some chose that club. And maybe a good amount of them having dancing as a hobby regardless of their programs.
Old 2014-01-11, 01:32   Link #1797
Kakurin
大佐

I think that theory is a little bit far-fetched. Just to point out to the very beginning of that theory, the chances that it was Kouko who ran into Banri on the bridge is very improbable to say the least. First, why would she be at the place where he was, that isn't like the usual neighbourhood. Second, I don't think it's quite common for a rich ojou-sama to ride a scooter. Last but not least there's a little factual error. Kouko wasn't clingy around Banri until the fallout with Mitsuo and Banri's confession. Before she was all obsessive with Mitsuo so that part of the theory doesn't really make sense. Besides, why would a hospital let a guy who's dying leave and not tell neither him nor his family of the fact (and how in the world would Kouko know this)?
Old 2014-01-11, 09:00   Link #1798
kaigan
Segmentation fault

Quote:
I would have understood Banri brushing of the kiss if Koko had done something wrong and was using the kiss to evade apogolizing, but as it stands Banri is a pussy
banri just wanted to be modest. they just finished eating the oily air yakisoba. mouth wash with bottled juice wouldn't be enough.
kaigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-11, 09:08   Link #1799
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Dammit Ghost Banri! Stop bringing mystical bad luck apparently caused by your ghostly hands!
Old 2014-01-11, 09:12   Link #1800
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
^ Yeah, I lost my interest when that Ghost talks about Linda. A good way to ruin the mood.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
college, comedy, drama, love triangle, romance, seinen