Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-01-14, 12:35   Link #101
Nurin
闇の持ち主

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I hope the idol didn't come to some urban farming school because of the vegetables she receive. I prefer a much more believable reason like family problems and such.
Considering everything that I already saw through the world of LNs/Mangas/Animes, it would not be so strange if she moved there for this simple reason.

However I guess(I didn't read the novel yet), that the author is not so tough headed to set such a childish reason.
Old 2014-01-14, 12:52   Link #102
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
This is a complete and total guess from left field (err ... no pun intended) ... but I have the feeling that the reason she came to the school was to get back to some kind of sense of reality. It could very well be that the whole idol scene, business and work schedule the rest was absolutely crazy and frantic for her and she felt she wanted to slow down or perhaps ever to rediscover her bearings of "normal" life before she became an idol. And for whatever reason the being sent fresh home grown veggies and the rest served as a contrast (you know, the "organic"/earthy/agrarian-based life contrasted with the "inorganic"/man-made/industrial-based life thing). Hey, for all we know she could have grown up on a farm!

Such an impulse is not at all out of the ordinary or abnormal, this "getting back to nature" kinda thing. In fact, when I saw her heading on her way to the agricultural school I was reminded a little bit of the MC from the Ghibli film Only Yesterday, who would sometimes go to live and work in the countryside at a farm to restore a sense of balance to her daily life in the city. Plenty of people do "short versions" of this nowadays by going on hikes, or camping or walks on the seashore or fishing or whatnot ... or, yes, even gardening.

All speculation here, though.... ^^
Old 2014-01-14, 14:18   Link #103
Nurin
闇の持ち主

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
This is a complete and total guess from left field (err ... no pun intended) ... but I have the feeling that the reason she came to the school was to get back to some kind of sense of reality. It could very well be that the whole idol scene, business and work schedule the rest was absolutely crazy and frantic for her and she felt she wanted to slow down or perhaps ever to rediscover her bearings of "normal" life before she became an idol. And for whatever reason the being sent fresh home grown veggies and the rest served as a contrast (you know, the "organic"/earthy/agrarian-based life contrasted with the "inorganic"/man-made/industrial-based life thing). Hey, for all we know she could have grown up on a farm!

Such an impulse is not at all out of the ordinary or abnormal, this "getting back to nature" kinda thing. In fact, when I saw her heading on her way to the agricultural school I was reminded a little bit of the MC from the Ghibli film Only Yesterday, who would sometimes go to live and work in the countryside at a farm to restore a sense of balance to her daily life in the city. Plenty of people do "short versions" of this nowadays by going on hikes, or camping or walks on the seashore or fishing or whatnot ... or, yes, even gardening.

All speculation here, though.... ^^
Yeah, that makes all sense, trying to go back to nature, having a little break from the craziness that is a big city like Tokyo, nevertheless that face that she made on her presentation didn't seem to be the face of someone that was going to meet the person that sent her vegetables.
Old 2014-01-14, 18:24   Link #104
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurin View Post
Yeah, that makes all sense, trying to go back to nature, having a little break from the craziness that is a big city like Tokyo, nevertheless that face that she made on her presentation didn't seem to be the face of someone that was going to meet the person that sent her vegetables.
I have a feeling that if my guess above is correct it is more of an impulsive kinda thing that she hasn't thought out thoroughly, but a mixture of undeveloped feelings that are all kinda jumbled together in the same general direction.

Maybe there is curiosity mixed in, maybe there is a feeling of being touched that someone would think of her in such an unconventional way, maybe there's a whole bunch of things, but I kinda doubt at the moment the main impulse is direct romantic interest - though it could eventually grow into it.

I kinda think her deadpan, megane approach is related a bit to keeping a low profile as well.... Maybe?

Again - all speculation here. ^^
Old 2014-01-17, 12:25   Link #105
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 2:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 14:04   Link #106
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Well, we discover that the animal is a wallaby ... nice that they explained that.

I actually enjoyed the first half of the ep, but the second half was a huge letdown for me - just ... idiotic, reminding me of the sides of Sora no Otoshimono I like the least. I really hope the rest of the series is not like that....
Old 2014-01-17, 14:41   Link #107
EroKing

Too damn good. This reached Sora no Otoshimono level of craziness in the 2nd half, the kind of entertainment I highly enjoy
Old 2014-01-17, 15:38   Link #108
finalfury
Incognito

I am very pleased with this development.

This is a Sakurai Tomoki approved episode.
Old 2014-01-17, 16:03   Link #109
aiuewatcher
The Eternal Newbie

There were too many references. They seem a lot more than Lucky Star 
aiuewatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 16:26   Link #110
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

As poetic as SoraOto flying pantsu ep
This series managed to keep its level of craziness, and it gives good prospect for the rest, considering that even the girls are following the guys' perv jokes.

I just hope they won't beat around the bush with Ringo, who is obviously yet another childhood friend. I'm still baffled that Kousaku would even forget about her... incoming pinpoint amnesia I guess.
Old 2014-01-17, 16:34   Link #111
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

"Baka ja nai no?" Nothing against pantsu, the appeal of which I understand, but that whole sequence did nothing for me except make me uncomfortable. Seeing Tamura Yukari and Hanazawa Kana (to say nothing of writer Yokote Michiko) involved in it made me cringe. If pantsu are a turn-on, you don't want to see guys handling them. If they aren't, then it's all just stupid. I did end up dropping Sora no Otoshimono, despite the presence of Hayami Saori, and despite that great flying pantsu ED.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 17:32   Link #112
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
I actually enjoyed the first half of the ep, but the second half was a huge letdown for me - just ... idiotic, reminding me of the sides of Sora no Otoshimono I like the least. I really hope the rest of the series is not like that....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
"Baka ja nai no?" Nothing against pantsu, the appeal of which I understand, but that whole sequence did nothing for me except make me uncomfortable. Seeing Tamura Yukari and Hanazawa Kana (to say nothing of writer Yokote Michiko) involved in it made me cringe. If pantsu are a turn-on, you don't want to see guys handling them. If they aren't, then it's all just stupid. I did end up dropping Sora no Otoshimono, despite the presence of Hayami Saori, and despite that great flying pantsu ED.
Like Flower, I thought the second half was idiotic, but I also thought the first half was idiotic, as well. The whole episode was cringe-worthy, as far as I'm concerned. What are the writers, in grade school? Isn't this supposed to be an agricultural High School? If I'm missing something here, don't bothered telling me cause I just don't care.

The only good thing about this episode was the teacher.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 17:37   Link #113
Tenzen12

I dropped Sora no Otoshimo in first episode, flying flok of panties isn't my thing and pantsu itself didn't do much with me this time around either.

...That said half episode long serious-bussiness talks with plenty references,crazy twists and shonen aesop about something SO TOTALY STUPID is completely different metter.

I am sold to this anime. I didn't even find that idol girl annoying which means it far exceeded all my expectations.
Tenzen12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 17:50   Link #114
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
...The only good thing about this episode was the teacher.
I should have mentioned what a great job I think Saitou Chiwa is doing there. She's going waaay over the top, and it works. Her performance has "best supporting" award possibilities.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 19:12   Link #115
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I should have mentioned what a great job I think Saitou Chiwa is doing there. She's going waaay over the top, and it works. Her performance has "best supporting" award possibilities.
As it stands, she is the only incentive there is for me to watch any more episodes of this show. The MC is also "waaay over the top", but in ways that I can't stand, and I find nothing endearing about his friends or the idol. I know I should just drop this show, but that teacher is something else. At the very least I can revel in her future antics by skipping all the scenes that she's not in.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 19:21   Link #116
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Frankly the best performance for me in this episode was by Shintaro Asanuma and his character is pretty much the main source of laughs for me thanks to those priceless reactions. There are certain ways in which he sounds kinda similar to Mamoru Miyano when he's doing crazy. I don't know why I'm enjoying this show but I guess the craziness just works for me. I think the panties joke went on a liitle too long at the end but I absolutely pissed myself laughing at the Aizen reference.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 20:17   Link #117
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
LOls at the egg with a condom.

I want to molest the teacher.... I want her so bad...>_>
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 21:02   Link #118
ellessarr
Banned

man this series is so fun, i really gonna enjoy it, really, the mc is fun as hell the other guy who normally looked like the typical "normal smart friend" is also weird as him, his big boobs childhood friend also is funny, the cow girl omg, and the best is the teacher, this is a i must watch series, i love funny crazy series like that.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 21:08   Link #119
Anime Online

Natsumi Bekki was doing an impression of Sharon Stone's infamous crossing-leg scene in the movie Basic Instinct. Sharon Stone was wearing a white sleeveless short dress, which Bekki also wore, except hers is a top.

The anime was okay until it drifted off into stupid-land with the panties thing. It's like a tag team of Sora no Otoshimono and Baka to Test.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 21:12   Link #120
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.2

female teacher going basic instinct on explain on ringo give she left idol singer life now make fresh start in farm so have hata, minori, & kei being tour guide for ringo.

yet during whole tour ringo so very STOIC whole time give hata mention story of wally-bee he have then have moos explain on eggs lead to condom?

give after teacher discussion time now dinner welcome feast lead to king game got hata been feed & foot stomp by minori yet ringo got king want refer as first name.

now morning yet hata want pantsu of ringo yet minori what about mine give want white then kei appear make pick the pantsu yet hata win cause refer the worn version yet it was smell of amrpit area?

yet kei make pantsu speak it all in everyone heart yet ringo find it all baka.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, romantic comedy, shounen