AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > AnoHana

Notices

Old 2011-05-04, 13:17   Link #681
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

Hands down my favorite show of the season... and I'm questioning why there's a subforum. I didn't think there was enough hits to warrant one.
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 13:25   Link #682
User68604
Disabled By Request

+1 to subforum

too many different things going on in this thread
User68604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 14:47   Link #683
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well now, when was the last time a NoitaminA show got a subforum, I wonder?

I'm as surprised as anyone, given the number of posts - but I won't complain. Sometimes a subforum generates new viewers for a series...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 14:51   Link #684
Dr. Casey

I'm always down for a show I like to get a subforum; I actually wouldn't mind for every anime period to get a subforum (In theory, anyway, I know it would be cluttered and unfeasible). Centralized character discussion threads alone make it worth it for me.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 15:45   Link #685
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Great anime, but I question the subforum. There hasn't been that much conversation about the show as is...
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 15:54   Link #686
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

There seems to be a popular consensus that massive amounts of posts = subforum. Not true. We give out subforums when the community impresses us with quality discussion and we feel the remaining episodes of the show will continue and possibly help improve this discussion. Of the current crop of candidates, AnoHana best fit that description. We know it is an 11 episode series, and we're perfectly fine with it being "forgotten" once the next season starts. That's the case for the vast majority of shows anyway.

It isn't like you're losing the general thread, you're just gaining more threads for when you want to discuss something specific. I'd hardly call that a waste.
Old 2011-05-04, 16:19   Link #687
Tu101uk
~ Episode of Side A ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
There seems to be a popular consensus that massive amounts of posts = subforum. Not true. We give out subforums when the community impresses us with quality discussion and we feel the remaining episodes of the show will continue and possibly help improve this discussion. Of the current crop of candidates, AnoHana best fit that description. We know it is an 11 episode series, and we're perfectly fine with it being "forgotten" once the next season starts. That's the case for the vast majority of shows anyway.

It isn't like you're losing the general thread, you're just gaining more threads for when you want to discuss something specific. I'd hardly call that a waste. ;)
Oh don't worry, I'm sure many people do appreciate it. If anything, it'd probably be a waste NOT to use it, now that it's been granted. It's just a bit of a surprise, 'tis all...

...and as someone else mentioned, it means the series has a bit of recognition, and can gain even more now that it won't be lost in the sea of numerous threads for Spring's other anime series...

The character threads are actually a godsend - now all of the "Is Menma a ghost or not?", "Is Yukiatsu crossdressing or not?" and miscellaneous discussions can go in their respective threads... :3 Great for organisation without messing up just good ol' fashioned conversation, methinks...

O-O~

~ Current Season Favourites... :: Ano Natsu de Matteru / Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! / Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou ~
Tu101uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 16:31   Link #688
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
It isn't like you're losing the general thread, you're just gaining more threads for when you want to discuss something specific. I'd hardly call that a waste.
The problem is that it scatters discussions, and makes them harder to follow. That's why I've always disliked subforums. It's easier when everything is kept in one thread. I understand why incredibly popular or long running series need a subforum, since a single thread feels clogged after a while. In AnoHana's case, however, it wasn't needed at all. I'm afraid it'll be more of a disservice when it comes to this show.

Ah well, if it can help giving this series more attention on this forum and bring in more viewers as a result, it's good.
Old 2011-05-04, 20:53   Link #689
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Not that I'm complaining that this has a sub-forum (cus I love Anohana), but what about Hidan no Aria and Dog Days who have well over 1000 posts. Not that I like both of those but I feel sorry for their fans.
Old 2011-05-04, 21:59   Link #690
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
Not that I'm complaining that this has a sub-forum (cus I love Anohana), but what about Hidan no Aria and Dog Days who have well over 1000 posts. Not that I like both of those but I feel sorry for their fans.
Nothing against Dog Days, but I don't think the discussion in its thread warrants a subforum.

There's potential for interesting discussion with Anohana. I hope it having a subforum leads to more in-depth discussion rather than abandoned threads and scattered discussion, since every character has something that can be discussed and every episode has interesting things to note.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 22:21   Link #691
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

Personally I think its great that AnoHana has its own sub-forum. Sometimes I'd just get so lost while trying to read the thread. There would be too many conversations and theories going on at once.
.x.crii.x. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 07:53   Link #692
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

I've just discovered the show yesterday.
It's great, but having a dead girl walking around and feeling nostalgic, it makes me so sad for her (for all the cast, actually).

Is it normal for me to nearly cry at least once on each episode ?
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 08:08   Link #693
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Isn't there a creature in asian folklore (jibakurei or something), that manifests physically as a dead person, but is driven by the regrets of the living concerning the said dead?

In between, if we are blessed with Jinta's schizophrenic point of view in the anime, he can very well cooked himself, but attributed to a delusional dead girl, as well as imagined how her visit home would have gone, etc. But I kind of doubt that this would be the case, not the kind of stuff for NoitaminA audience.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 08:36   Link #694
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Isn't there a creature in asian folklore (jibakurei or something), that manifests physically as a dead person, but is driven by the regrets of the living concerning the said dead?

In between, if we are blessed with Jinta's schizophrenic point of view in the anime, he can very well cooked himself, but attributed to a delusional dead girl, as well as imagined how her visit home would have gone, etc. But I kind of doubt that this would be the case, not the kind of stuff for NoitaminA audience.
Well, having some kind of doppelganger playing the role of Menma would be a bit disappointing to me. The idea of her memento/spirit trying to get her friends back as a group is what moved me. The fact that one can still interacts with a dead person is both sad and wonderful.
It's like a second chance and I really empathize with this whole concept.
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 10:25   Link #695
Forever
Revealing the truth

I agree this one does not need a sub-forum. Dog days deserve it more....
Old 2011-05-05, 12:06   Link #696
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hey - I am all in favor of it getting it's own sub forum!
Old 2011-05-05, 16:00   Link #697
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Guys, the discussion of whether this series deserved a sub-forum or not is off-topic. This is a thread to discuss the show itself and, for better or worse, the sub-forum is here now. If you'd really like to express your opinion about the Sub-Forum policy, you can send your feedback in the appropriate forum, but know that the staff carefully considers every sub-forum decision carefully and weighs the pros and cons based on the evidence and past experience. We recognize that not everyone will understand the justifications, but there's no point going on and on about it.

So anyway, future posts about "did this series deserve a sub-forum" will be deleted. Fair warning.
Old 2011-05-05, 22:03   Link #698
Mr.Garfield

Sorry for asking a dumb question, but if this show has a sub forum already, and there're threads for every new eps, every characters, music, avatar, sign...ect etc, pretty much every thing has it own topic, then what is this generic thread for?

Last edited by Mr.Garfield; 2011-05-05 at 22:13.
Mr.Garfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 23:32   Link #699
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Garfield View Post
Sorry for asking a dumb question, but if this show has a sub forum already, and there're threads for every new eps, every characters, music, avatar, sign...ect etc, pretty much every thing has it own topic, then what is this generic thread for?
Well, first of all, it's an archive of all the older posts, since they were not migrated to one of the other threads. But second, it's a catch-all for any topics that are about the show that don't fit into the other categories. I've often seen this sort of thread used to discuss a show's ratings, general perception metrics, commentary from staff, news posted on official sites, and so on. Of course, now that we have more specific threads, I wouldn't expect this thread to get as much traffic as it used to.
Old 2011-05-07, 14:22   Link #700
GreyFlcn

Menma is suffering

Episode 5 stuff:
Spoiler:
GreyFlcn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coming of age, drama, noitamina, slice of life, supernatural, tragedy