Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-02-16, 04:04   Link #1201
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
This got me thinking while watching Surface. If you were stranded and all you have was a radio and you got a signal but you only speak English and French but the other person on the other side doesn't speak either and you cannot distinguish what the other side is speaking or understand it. What kind of "universal" language can you use for help? SOS? Mayday? yell like an idiot?
A radio will limit communication to the sound. That makes it hard to start a methotical approach to learn the language of the other, or vice versa.
SOS is your best bet if dealing with humans (· · · — — — · · · [three times short, three times long in succession, like SOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOS]). Yell like an idiot can be misinterpreted, maybe crying is a better approach. Though, when voice can be transmitted Mayday is indeed the best way to say you need help.
An automated SOS makes it easier for others to locate/track you by following the radio signal.
Old 2008-02-16, 15:18   Link #1202
Dxon
Inactive Member

I have an GFX (Graphics -> GRFICS -> GRFX -> GFX) question.

How do I make rain?

I remember something like black background put some white on and then noise on 100%.
But then what??? O_O

Or do I have it wrong already??
Dxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 15:26   Link #1203
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dxon View Post
I have an GFX (Graphics -> GRFICS -> GRFX -> GFX) question.

How do I make rain?

I remember something like black background put some white on and then noise on 100%.
But then what??? O_O

Or do I have it wrong already??
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=919730

Hope that helps!
Old 2008-02-16, 15:34   Link #1204
Dxon
Inactive Member

Sure does! I remembered something with sakura and that picture in total but I forgot which forum. :P
Dxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-17, 18:56   Link #1205
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

is there an Outlaw Star Thread cause i have searched for about 15 mins and i cant find it
Old 2008-02-17, 23:34   Link #1206
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
is there an Outlaw Star Thread cause i have searched for about 15 mins and i cant find it
here it goes. If you searched for "Outlaw Star" you might have missed it. If you search for "outlaw" with "titles" checked you get about 8 resulted found with about 5 of them closed for repeat.

here's the main one made by Xellos - http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...ghlight=outlaw

--- My question - nvm i'll take xris advice and do the rest myself.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.

Last edited by Aoie_Emesai; 2008-02-18 at 17:39.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 03:32   Link #1207
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
--- My question
I'm sorry to say but this sort of question doesn't belong here. The purpose of this thread is really to host questions that can be answered. It's not meant to be a discussion thread and your question, as it involves human emotions, is rather too complex to be addressed in a "Yes / No" manner.

While I'm sure people can give opinions and offer support, this isn't the place to do it. In fact AnimeSuki isn't really the place to ask such "Dear Abbey" type questions anyway. I would suggest you discuss it with your family, friends and colleges, not at an online forum.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-19, 09:51   Link #1208
Zaku Hyuga
Domo Ori Gato Mr. Roboto
*Author

There are two farmers who live side by side. The one farmers raises chickens, the other farmer raises corn. One day one of the farmers chickens goes into the other farmer's field to peck at kernels on the ground. While it's in the field it lays an egg. The farmer who owns the field finds the egg, but knows it came from the other farmer's chicken. So who does the egg belong to?

I was actually asked this by someone.
Zaku Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-19, 14:44   Link #1209
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku Hyuga View Post
There are two farmers who live side by side. The one farmers raises chickens, the other farmer raises corn. One day one of the farmers chickens goes into the other farmer's field to peck at kernels on the ground. While it's in the field it lays an egg. The farmer who owns the field finds the egg, but knows it came from the other farmer's chicken. So who does the egg belong to?

Common sense answer: The egg belongs to the chicken who laid it, but the corn farmer should be compensated for any damages that the chicken caused.

Modern business answer: the percentage of profit invested into the egg by the corn famer should be paid back to him when the egg is sold.

Biology answer: Calculate how many corn kernels had to go into producing the egg and maintaining the chicken, and pay back the corn farmer in an equivalent amount.

Lawyer answer: It's the corn farmer's fault for not putting up fences and thus the fact that the chicken wandered into the corn field and ate kernels is irrelevant. Further, since the chicken and its egg may have been endangered in the corn fields, the corn farmer should not only return the egg, but provide the chicken farmer with a supply of corn yearly, free of charge.

Stereotypical American from the South answer: Whoever has the bigger gun. (Probably the chicken farmer.)

Kindergarden answer: Finders keepers, losers weepers. (Corn farmer wins.)

Sincerely,
Ledgem (bored at work)
Old 2008-02-19, 16:54   Link #1210
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Reality check answer: Chickens don't lay their eggs just any random place where they happen to be standing. If she felt an egg coming on she'd go home and lay it in her nest. This hypothetical situation is very unlikely.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-19, 17:53   Link #1211
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Ah, yes, that is true. The reality distortion field is pretty strong in my office. Of course, one could theoretically counter that by saying that maybe the chicken built a secret nest in the corn field. Either way, the concept of ownership varies from region to region and culture to culture. You'd likely get a different reply from people based on their upbringing, and thus there's no right answer.
Old 2008-02-19, 19:02   Link #1212
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
The fairest answer: boil/fry the dam egg and split it 50-50. Seen as the chicken ate from the field but also belonging to the other farmer, this is the only fair solution

(But reality check pwns all in terms of being logical ).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-19, 21:01   Link #1213
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
While it's in the field it lays an egg. The farmer who owns the field finds the egg, but knows it came from the other farmer's chicken. So who does the egg belong to?
The chiken of course! The chiken farmer didn't lay no egg.
Old 2008-02-19, 21:12   Link #1214
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
Common sense answer: The egg belongs to the chicken who laid it, but the corn farmer should be compensated for any damages that the chicken caused.

Modern business answer: the percentage of profit invested into the egg by the corn famer should be paid back to him when the egg is sold.

Biology answer: Calculate how many corn kernels had to go into producing the egg and maintaining the chicken, and pay back the corn farmer in an equivalent amount.

Lawyer answer: It's the corn farmer's fault for not putting up fences and thus the fact that the chicken wandered into the corn field and ate kernels is irrelevant. Further, since the chicken and its egg may have been endangered in the corn fields, the corn farmer should not only return the egg, but provide the chicken farmer with a supply of corn yearly, free of charge.

Stereotypical American from the South answer: Whoever has the bigger gun. (Probably the chicken farmer.)

Kindergarden answer: Finders keepers, losers weepers. (Corn farmer wins.)

Sincerely,
Ledgem (bored at work)
Kindergarden answer: Finders keepers, losers weepers. (Corn farmer wins.) I choose this one ^^

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Old 2008-02-19, 22:09   Link #1215
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

But you have to admit that the lawyer's answer was the best one (if you are the chicken's owner of course)
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-19, 22:14   Link #1216
Thentus

Location: Might as well waste five seconds of your life; Pennsylvania
Send a message via MSN to Thentus
Quote:

It's clearly mine.
Thentus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-19, 23:39   Link #1217
Zaku Hyuga
Domo Ori Gato Mr. Roboto
*Author

Yes, many good answers. I have to say I like the lawyers best though.
Zaku Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-20, 00:02   Link #1218
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

What do I do if I haven't received an item from newegg?

The tracking page has it that the 10 ft. AM/BM USB 2.0 cable is already delivered, but I have been unable to find it anywhere. I went to this page yesterday and sent a message, although I'm not sure that's what I should have done.

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-20, 00:15   Link #1219
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru View Post
What do I do if I haven't received an item from newegg?

The tracking page has it that the 10 ft. AM/BM USB 2.0 cable is already delivered, but I have been unable to find it anywhere. I went to this page yesterday and sent a message, although I'm not sure that's what I should have done.
I would've done the same. Check around the house, ask the other folks that live in there too. I know I lost a bunch of LCD lights for like 2 months because my Dad didn't tell me and i complained to the site like 4 times too saying that it was delivered but I still couldn't find it. If the item has a shipping/tracking number, check that and see the times where it was at what time and it's location and around what time it was delivered to your house. Since you said newegg has it "confirmed" but yet to receive/find it I'd say again look around the house for boxes/packages with your name or who ever it was shipped too.

Old 2008-02-20, 00:38   Link #1220
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
I would've done the same. Check around the house, ask the other folks that live in there too. I know I lost a bunch of LCD lights for like 2 months because my Dad didn't tell me and i complained to the site like 4 times too saying that it was delivered but I still couldn't find it. If the item has a shipping/tracking number, check that and see the times where it was at what time and it's location and around what time it was delivered to your house. Since you said newegg has it "confirmed" but yet to receive/find it I'd say again look around the house for boxes/packages with your name or who ever it was shipped too.
Well, the cable was delivered on February 15th at 12:19 PM, just about 8 minutes apart from the next shipping of a printer, an external enclosure, and an internal hard drive, which my householder (who lives in the same house) received, delivered on the same day. The location for the cable is at PORCH, which I don't know what it means, but I think it means 'in front of the house'. The tracking site (ups.com) doesn't give the specific address of where it was shipped, but rather only the name of the city where it was shipped to.

I'm pretty sure I didn't input the wrong address, since I bought the other stuffs (which I already received) in the same run.

In any case, since you said that you lost it for '2 months' and complain for '4 times', does that mean newegg doesn't reply if the Order Status mentions that the package is already "successfully" delivered?

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem, q&a, serious