AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2014-08-12, 09:26   Link #6661
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

One word Demino: Sisters

It can work.

Then you can create a new war: Battle Nuns vs. Sisters. Science vs. Magic all over again for the prize of Kamijou all to themselves.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-12, 09:32   Link #6662
demino_hellsin
That one guy

the magic vs science war does sound appealing XD

I was planning Kazakiri and Misha versus Rensa twins. Is it a one-sided stomp?

after that might be New Light. Battle nuns will be lined up after them.

what really concerns me is that each nun will have to be either really impressed with one thing Touma did or he has to date them one by one... and that'd be a year to give each of them one proper date.

BTW, editing a 10k word chapter is a b#%£€. just wanted to get that off my chest.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-12, 09:46   Link #6663
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Damn right does.

Quote:
Maybe, though Rensa is still a cyborg right? So the durability of their bodies plus the abilities from other Level 5's might make it less one-sided. It all depends on how you approach it.

Quote:

what really concerns me is that each nun will have to be either really impressed with one thing Touma did or he has to date them one by one... and that'd be a year to give each of them one proper date.
Well, he did volentarily step up to every one of them in their first meeting and the second time risked his life to save just three of their core people. That's twice a 'normal' person like him did something that could have gotten him killed and succeeded. That's not a boast they could scuff at since they're trained to do it while he isn't; making all the more impressive.

Factor in gratitude for his actions the second time around and you have enough of a reason to have it play out as you see fit.

Quote:
BTW, editing a 10k word chapter is a b#%£€. just wanted to get that off my chest.
Hi Demino, nice of you to join me in Word-Count Hell! XD

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2014-08-12, 09:56   Link #6664
demino_hellsin
That one guy

but the problem would be his status to them as a symbol. more so than agnese since agnese talks to them as a group and individually on occasion. All Touma is to them is the guy that lived twice after facing Church elite, kind of like a celebrity. You can probably develop a crush that way but rarely any deep affection. Factor in that they are pious, virgins and . I don't want to use the anime factor too much or else the only way for me to get the ball going would be to have Touma walk in on them in their communal bath, if they even take any like that.

at least that way they'd have Touma on the head with personal feelings regardig him. Mostly in terms of a vendetta.
Old 2014-08-12, 10:11   Link #6665
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

That's a good point to bring up actually. Kinda hard at that point to find a good approach in regards to getting him to know each one individually. But the same kinda logic can be applied to the Sisters; they jumped on that train when he stopped the Level 6 Shift and saved all their lives.

Something on a grand scale like that would be required to recreate the same results from the Sister Formula. He would need to do something which saves them all, something that is grand enough to endanger all of them. At which point, it get's more personal; especially if Touma stuck around for the aftermath and was going around helping(the best he can) each one of them individually as they recuperate in spite of his own injuries.

The latter portion itself might actually be something that could get the ball rolling. After some big conflict, a majority of the battle nuns got injured so he stuck around to help out in the effort to help them recover. It only takes a few to gain that attraction before they start blabbing about it; the more they blab the more other's get curious and start looking into themselves and the cycle continues from there.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2014-08-12, 10:21   Link #6666
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The SISTERs comparison is rather unfair as the hivemind shares pretty much everything. The nuns don't share such a connection.

But I like that idea. HmHmhm... I think something can be cooked up with it. Now. i just need a little Bayloupe inspiration.
Old 2014-08-12, 11:01   Link #6667
LevelSeven

Quote:

You should take away accels and kakines abilitys from them, then it would be a fair fight, btw, do you mean counter stop kazakiri or angel kazakiri?
misha as human or gabriel-misha?
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-12, 11:51   Link #6668
demino_hellsin
That one guy

angel-kazakiri and Misha-gabriel vs upgraded rensa sisters.
Old 2014-08-12, 12:11   Link #6669
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
angel-kazakiri and Misha-gabriel vs upgraded rensa sisters.
Unless the rensa sisters both get white wings and a halo for the fight, it is going to be pretty one-sided.
Old 2014-08-12, 12:27   Link #6670
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I was thinking of a method wherein the Rensa link up with each other. The more Rensa the better. Only 2 prototypes completed with those being piloted by Niya(Rensa 28) and Niko(Rensa 29)

The effect being spectacular in that they have access to the ESPer output settings of each active Rensa within 200 meters. So they can wield powers from those output settings simultaneously along with their own output settings. This essentially makes them a multi-skill, and for now a dual skill. They can also share processing capabilities which allow improvements on how hey used their powers. In particular, it helped 29 learn to use ranged combat effectively rather than just go all out.
Old 2014-08-12, 13:27   Link #6671
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
I was thinking of a method wherein the Rensa link up with each other. The more Rensa the better. Only 2 prototypes completed with those being piloted by Niya(Rensa 28) and Niko(Rensa 29)

The effect being spectacular in that they have access to the ESPer output settings of each active Rensa within 200 meters. So they can wield powers from those output settings simultaneously along with their own output settings. This essentially makes them a multi-skill, and for now a dual skill. They can also share processing capabilities which allow improvements on how hey used their powers. In particular, it helped 29 learn to use ranged combat effectively rather than just go all out.
There are some fun combination possible with that. Even ignoring copies espers powers, with the 1-4 Level 5 power, some interesting combinations are possible.
Like using dark matter to create extra limbs to expand the range of accelerator's power. Using dark matter to generate railgun projectiles. Accelerated railgun or meldowner attacks.
Old 2014-08-12, 14:32   Link #6672
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPG_Fanatic View Post
Unless the rensa sisters both get white wings and a halo for the fight, it is going to be pretty one-sided.
Base accel is more than enough...

We have enough infornation so that we can say that angel-kazakiri cant scratch choker-accel (but rensas have the vol.3 accel, that means they have twice of accels current calc. powers), only gabriel-misha would be a problem but 50% accel was pretty equal to 50% gabriel, now, two 100% accels would easily handle 100% gabriel...
and this is what works in canon....

if you give them any kind of wings it would make the fight into a r*pe-battle for the rensa twins...

they need more restrictions, maybe that the usage of kakines and accels power harms their bodys but aside from that they can frely change between every esper power except gemstone powers (without the 200 meters restriction)....

it would be better if they cant even use #1 and #2's abilitys, a fight against two beings with every esper power (except gemstone, #1 ,#2) would be easier >_>
Old 2014-08-12, 15:10   Link #6673
Draco Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itherael View Post
Hello, I'm Itherael, writer of A New Road of Misfortune in FF. A friend mentioned this forum to be really helpful, so I would like to hear your opinion about this.

What if Kuroko fought Touma? What exactly would occur? Kuroko would win? Touma would win? How would the Imagine Breaker help Touma in a fight against the twin pig tailed girl?

Anyway, if anyone is interested: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1023797...-of-Misfortune
I suspect it mostly depends on who's the most motivated really, since both of them can get crazy levels of endurance out of willpower. However Kuroko would certainly come off worse at grapple range, with her power no longer available and Touma's raw strength coming into play. But her power would make keeping out of grapple range fairly easy, unless she got foolish, or Touma got clever!

Also to consider is Kuroko state of mind. Her power is ideal for murder, but she lacks the temperament to use it that way. A mental screwed up or mind controlled Kuroko could be a nightmare.
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-12, 16:49   Link #6674
tsunade666

I still think Teleport can be a bit overpowered. Stronger than the normal level 5(meaning other level beside beside 1,2 and 7)

Specially if you can teleport a block of any solid inside the brain of your opponent 2 kilometers away. or just few meters away without anyone realizing your target is dead.

perfect assassination ability.
Old 2014-08-12, 18:16   Link #6675
Itherael
The Writer of Souls

Well, I can say that all this is more than enough for me to think how this fight would go. Now I would like to address another subject.

I don't know if it was ever mentioned but, what's Fukiyose Seiri's esper ability? Does she have one or she is a level 0? And if it was never mentioned, what ability could she have? She is going to be important in the first arc of my story so suggestions or ideas are welcome.
Itherael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-12, 18:20   Link #6676
Itherael
The Writer of Souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Above God View Post
Doesn't Touma have some sort of precognition? By subconsciously reading his and his opponent's surroundings, including the opponent's body language, etc... he can somehow "predict" the path of attack. Explaining how he manages to block Misaka's lightning every time. So i guess, by reading Kuroko's expression, eye movement, body language, etc... and even deducting his own blind spots or the spots where Shirai could or would teleport things, he could probably dodge or even prevent the things from being teleported on the spot by moving his right hand there.
Yep, I think Precognition is they key to defeating Kuroko.
Itherael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-12, 19:23   Link #6677
demino_hellsin
That one guy

so misha-gabriel is that much weaker than ww3 gabriel? and winged accel is weaker than preLO accel?
Old 2014-08-12, 21:11   Link #6678
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itherael View Post
I don't know if it was ever mentioned but, what's Fukiyose Seiri's esper ability? Does she have one or she is a level 0? And if it was never mentioned, what ability could she have? She is going to be important in the first arc of my story so suggestions or ideas are welcome.
Hello there Itherael, how's your brother doin?

In regards to your question, it hasn't been said that she has an ability. But, with the large majority of the population in AC consisting of Level 0's I'd guess it's implied that she's not an Esper and just among the rest of the flock of normal people in the city.

My suggestion: keep her that way and don't give her any Esper powers. I say that because it's been proven time and again that Level 0's can be good on their own. Hamazura is the shining example of someone completely powerless and was still able to 'kill' Mugino twice. That might be a steep statement since he's far from defenseless and has been in the Darkness for long enough to learn a number of things.

The point I'm trying to make is that Seiri doesn't need to have a power to do something. It's part of the challenge of working with the knowledge you have on pre-existing characters opposed to making up something to make them useful. Personally I find it exciting to do things based on the guidelines already in play; it allows my creativity to kick in and think of different ways to approach events I have in play.

All of that is just my personal opinion and can be disregarded if you see fit. I can't think of a power because, in my unbiased opinion, I can't see Seiri as anything higher than a Level 1 if she were to have an ability.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2014-08-12, 23:20   Link #6679
LevelSeven

Quote:
so misha-gabriel is that much weaker than ww3 gabriel? and winged accel is weaker than preLO accel?
Why? Im not sure about gabriel but wing accel >>>>>>>>>> preLO accel, but if i think about the preparations for the spell and the complextity i think ww3 gabriel >> misha-gabriel...

BTW, how powerful would be a char with the power to summon any legendary being, to make it worse, he doesnt even need preparations, like a saint but instead of superbody, he gained summoning powers, similiar to deinseif but several times stronger...
Old 2014-08-12, 23:36   Link #6680
demino_hellsin
That one guy

excuse me I think you're talking about Aleister.

and the Rensas can get winged accel mode. Rensa 29 did it with the prototype so there's no reason for the refined version to not have it.

misha would be part human, part gabriel, part michael. diluted in power but has more flexibility. well mentally human anyway.

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction