AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2010-10-08, 05:07   Link #641
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Agree . Doesn't lose out to the other heroines. Azunyan slamming into walls was enjoyable as well; was it in the manga? Don't remember.
Spoiler for size:

Spoiler for Clarste:

Last edited by KROMEangel; 2010-10-08 at 05:29.
KROMEangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 05:23   Link #642
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Yeah Else is definitely cuter here. Too cute of a sister is dangerous through

But obviously the anime is not as good as the manga... Both Ayumi and Keima's characters were played down a bit... But maybe i expected too much.. Since I still remember how back then i didn't like Keima much, before he finally win me over as one of the best male lead ever in the history of manga/anime..
Old 2010-10-08, 05:23   Link #643
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Finally saw the 1st episode and i'm impressed!
It was very faithful to the manga and i enjoyed Hiro Shimono as Keima as he perfect for the character. (I always thought Jun Fukuyama will be voicing Keima but i realize it will just sound too silly so i'm glad they didn't choose Jun(Sorry Lulu fans!)). Kanae Ito as Elci was adorable.

The Animation was great and music fit perfectly in certain scenes. Also the OP was just Magnificent!

I had high hopes for this anime and i was right. Can't wait for the next capture!
Old 2010-10-08, 05:24   Link #644
Francismeunier
Banned

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divini View Post
Epic OP is epic. It's like... he actually is a god! (well I guess it's true)

Very good anime so far. Overall, the feel of it felt quite similar to ch.1 of the manga. I was kind of suspicious on Keima's VA on what people have said, but I didn't find much to nitpick about, I think he's doing a fine job. Another things is that Elsee seems to be giving off a slightly less childish feel that what I expected, I wonder if it's just me?

That little change in that ending scene did raise an eyebrow though.

Spoiler for comparision to ch.1:

Well, its not like it stopped me from enjoying the episode, and there's plenty of story left to go.
They have yet to explain about the memory loss....is that Elucia's doing?
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 05:31   Link #645
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
They have yet to explain about the memory loss....is that Elucia's doing?
Elsee/Elucia didn't do it, i think. Too carefree of a demon she is for doing such important and detail job.
Probably someone from the devil department who sent her here, but i can't guess who

I thought Ayumi's arc was quite long, and we have only 4 girls for the OP. So i guess it won't be weekly capture. Unless they will have more in the 2nd half
Old 2010-10-08, 05:39   Link #646
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

They're probably not revealing them all at the moment.

If that IS all the girls this season, then they might stuff in some of the side stories in too.
Who knows? God only knows.
Old 2010-10-08, 06:22   Link #647
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Btw,the imouto(s) this season are overwhelmingly cute. First was Oreimo, now was TWGoK!!
Old 2010-10-08, 06:31   Link #648
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Spoiler for rant, manga comparisons, don't read unless you really want to:
I needed to re-read chapter 1 to check this and yeah I gotta agree with your points. I guess Keima's personality being stronger in the manga as one of my complaints falls in line with this.

But even so I still think it was a very good adaptation. Hope they won't cut out important little bits like that in the later episodes.
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 06:32   Link #649
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

Wasn't so impressed by this first episode, i had more anjoy watching Yosuga no sora, Ika musume and Mm!.
Fnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 08:05   Link #650
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I thought Ayumi's arc was quite long, and we have only 4 girls for the OP. So i guess it won't be weekly capture. Unless they will have more in the 2nd half
Doubt it's a weekly capture. This felt more like it was just to get used to the premise;

Spoiler:
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 08:07   Link #651
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Spoiler for rant, manga comparisons, don't read unless you really want to:

You know while I enjoyed the first ep something felt off didn't know what it was until I read your post. Yeah they dropped the ball in the characterization in Keima's character. Here's hoping they'll mention those details about him in the next ep at least.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 08:31   Link #652
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
You know while I enjoyed the first ep something felt off didn't know what it was until I read your post. Yeah they dropped the ball in the characterization in Keima's character. Here's hoping they'll mention those details about him in the next ep at least.
Honestly, I think it's basically impossible for them to miss out on those details as they come up more and more often. They'd really have to go to out of their way to ruin a fundamentally good series like this, so I don't expect it to be a problem in the future. I'm just a bit wary of a director who misses things like this.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 08:50   Link #653
Kakkou
Tch.

I doubt they're unknowingly missing things, it's just that stuff like Keima's characterisation that you're complaining about can/will easily be brought up later on, especially once Kodama comes in. It seems more like they decided they'd may as well do it then than now since they wanted to fit the whole of Ayumi's arc into ep1. I feel that they were aiming for something along the lines of what you described: The audience gets a slightly different impression of Keima at the beginning but then begin to realise "Oh, so he's actually like that." and begin to have a better opinion of him as the series progresses. Personally I don't mind such an approach.

The only (minor) complaint I can agree with in the thread so far is the change of Ayumi not telling Keima she won and then wondering why she did so. That would have been better.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 09:09   Link #654
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

@Clarste: while I do agree with you that these are important omissions, I personally don't see how that made it appear as if the director was half assing anything. I see the reason for these points removal the same as you've mentioned, and that they come up later on repeatedly, so the same result could be achieved without making the first episode suffer from info dumping or causing Kemia to appear (more?) self absorbed.

Also, I can see how you thought the first chapter made him look like an ''eccentric genius'' but I can say that to me I thought that he looked more like a pretentious jerkass who disrespected everyone. Sure he might have been the most intelligent student in the school, but his behavior was undoubtedly rude towards his teachers and peers. Hell, he was more antisocial than eccentric in some parts of his monologue.

I liked what they've done in this episode. They kept Kemia's prominent characteristics, and what's left can be explored later on with later captures. It keeps the storytelling from repeating the same info over and over and lets the audience learn about him gradually.
Old 2010-10-08, 09:56   Link #655
Xacual

4 girls seems fine for a one cour season. Even if the captures are only 2-3 eps for the other 3, there are multiple chapters about Keima and Elsee that can be used for eps and those are usually funnier than the capture story arcs.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 10:27   Link #656
MartianMage

As I was reading around the net(various sources) one of the more common complaints from the people not familiar to the series that I keep seeing is that Ayumi's capture was easy. I don't understand what they mean by that. Easy? Did they mean predictable? To be honest when I first read the manga I have no idea what to expect when Keima said he can complete the capture with 90% success. I mean who would have thought that:
Spoiler:

I thought it was brilliant which instantly hooked me to the manga. So I really don't know what they mean about it being "easy"

Oh and I really don't like adding more to the manga vs anime comparison and would rather talk about the anime here but as I was re-reading the manga this is something that I really wish they kept intact:
anime:

manga:

Ayumi suddenly reaching out for Keima's hand and then asking for Keima's support is really spot on. :3
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 10:28   Link #657
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
I doubt they're unknowingly missing things, it's just that stuff like Keima's characterisation that you're complaining about can/will easily be brought up later on, especially once Kodama comes in. It seems more like they decided they'd may as well do it then than now since they wanted to fit the whole of Ayumi's arc into ep1. I feel that they were aiming for something along the lines of what you described: The audience gets a slightly different impression of Keima at the beginning but then begin to realise "Oh, so he's actually like that." and begin to have a better opinion of him as the series progresses. Personally I don't mind such an approach.

The only (minor) complaint I can agree with in the thread so far is the change of Ayumi not telling Keima she won and then wondering why she did so. That would have been better.
Yeah, I agree with this, I think they're kinda forced to do that in order to fits enough things under the limited time constraints. I also understand that those things will eventually come up anyway as the episodes goes on, but I'm just afraid that anime-only watcher won't be willing to spend enough time waiting for that. Hope that won't happen though. I think because of this reason, it may be better if a pilot episode of a series to be longer than usual. Sure there'll be conflicting schedules, but there are some shows that does this...but I digress, this is just my personal thinking unrelated to the anime. In any case, it's just a minor thing, apart from that everything's good and we should count our blessings considering other anime that has been botched far worse than this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Btw,the imouto(s) this season are overwhelmingly cute. First was Oreimo, now was TWGoK!!
There's also Mikan from Motto To-Love-Ru and Sora from Yosuga no Sora...yeah, there's a lot of adorable imoutos this season. My personal favorite is definitely Elyse though, although it seems that I complain about the anime adaptation one thing that they did excellently is Elyse. I agree with the other poster that the anime makes it seem that Elyse is less childish and looks more mature (I agree, it may be due to her slightly bigger bust) and I really welcome this. Well, technically she isn't really related to Keima, but that's actually makes it better to me.
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 11:09   Link #658
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

*image fail*

Last edited by KROMEangel; 2010-10-08 at 17:24.
Old 2010-10-08, 11:19   Link #659
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Now that's what I call a solid first ep Keima is really hilarious, and the romance was entertaining enough...also Elsee is much prettier than I remember o_0 not that I mind Hope this runs for a long time, definitely a keeper.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 12:19   Link #660
klare

never read the manga, this is the 2nd surprise for me after Ore no Imouto

the self-proclaimed god who tries to save his PSP before his own life

and the devil hunting girl who mistook him as a real playboy

a very entertaining eps 1
klare is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen