AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-16, 08:49   Link #14141
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
All right... as far as the latest ViVid goes, all I really have to say is that the little ojou Thunder Emperor girl is clearly going to be loads of fun. Vivio and Einhart are fine, but I appreciate a little bitchiness in my princesses. Tsunderiffic!
Old 2010-11-16, 09:16   Link #14142
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsala View Post
Hayate mentioned that the Huckebein are over the water now. Maybe she plans to freeze them?
Nah, I think what she meant is that now that the target is above sea, she can just shoot it down without fearing the collateral damage that would happen had the ship crashed to land.

Btw, is S-Quad Huckebein the name of the ship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
All right... as far as the latest ViVid goes, all I really have to say is that the little ojou Thunder Emperor girl is clearly going to be loads of fun. Vivio and Einhart are fine, but I appreciate a little bitchiness in my princesses. Tsunderiffic!
The Tohsaka is strong in this one? Now if only she wore the appropriate twintail

One other scene that made me chuckled is the one where the nun was worried that fighting Vivio would equal blasphemy

Last edited by Tiresias; 2010-11-16 at 09:59.
Old 2010-11-16, 10:07   Link #14143
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

Aaaaagh, reading Force and Vivid at the same time... Badass Commander Hayate followed immediately by (an inexplicably younger and possibly chibi) happy family Hayate was jarring. Nice to see Agito and Rein getting along, though. I like to imagine them arguing over the device. ("Fire type!" "Ice type!" "Fire type!" "Ice type!") And damn, they're people sized now!

And once again, the Nanoverse proves to be populated by some of the most eccentric and bizarre mash of characters in manga: A reincarnation of an ancient ruler, a clone of his love, a tsundere lightning princess, a contortionist trained by an ancient wolf-guardian, a nun, a high school delinquent, 2 prodigal elementary schoolers, and... well, Lutecia. This is the best tournament ever.
Old 2010-11-16, 10:07   Link #14144
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post

The Tohsaka is strong in this one? Now if only she wore the appropriate twintail
There's always her Barrier Jacket!
Old 2010-11-16, 10:09   Link #14145
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Reading ViVid...

Sein's silly.

Nove looks awesome as always.

Hayate made me laugh and the way that Einhart reacted to her was just perfect.

Looks like this chapter confirms that Rio has dual elemental conversion affinity in Lightning and Fire.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Old 2010-11-16, 10:53   Link #14146
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

still too early to say on that
Old 2010-11-16, 10:59   Link #14147
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
There's always her Barrier Jacket!
Red barrier jacket with black skirt + zettai ryouiki, and a red pendant as her device's stand by mode...yummy! Of course, the butler better be able to conjure armed devices out of thin air...and make damn good tea

Hmm, Jacqueline (last year's champion) was stated to have a "Unified Magic Battle Technique". I wonder what that means?
Old 2010-11-16, 11:38   Link #14148
XAlight

I'm wondering what Hayate wants from Einhart in exchange for the device - seeing hayate on page 14 with such a face

Seems the upcoming tournament with such a wide range of people will have some surprises.
Old 2010-11-16, 12:11   Link #14149
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
A few translation oddities with regards to names, because I've seen them spelled a bit differently, was wondering if we had official translations or if someone can speak up and say which is more correct... They keep calling Einhart that "Haou" kid... what does that mean?

Rio or Lio? Seems to be back to Lio this chapter.

Miura Linard, or Rinaldi?

Shanti Opinion or Shante Apinion?

Harri Tribeca or Harii Tribeccah?

Victoria Dahlgren or Dargrion?

Lastly, Sieglinde Elimia or Jaquilinde Ermia?

Just trying to get things straight, heh. Other than that, was the typical "overview of the competition" and we'll have to wait until the next few chapters to really see their skills, which I'm really hoping to see. It'll be interesting to see the variety of magic and combat techniques, especially from people who aren't our main heroes.

I thought Miura was gonna be hand-to-hand style if she was trained by Zafira, but her skill of "drawing the sword from the sheath" implies she'll be using a sword. Jaquilinde (the mysterious jogger) appears to be going hand-to-hand, if "Iron Arm" is any indiciation; and I'm betting "unified" means a mix of hand-to-hand and traditional spells. Ojou-sama has her lightning magic, Harii the schoolgirl has "Close Range Cannon Blast" which could almost be a ki-blast of some sort, so I'm betting hand-to-hand for her. And of course, Shanti is a mini-Schach, so dual-wielding tonfa.

Apparently Erio and Caro aren't going to participate, though, which makes me

Quote:
Originally Posted by XAlight View Post
I'm wondering what Hayate wants from Einhart in exchange for the device - seeing hayate on page 14 with such a face
Isn't it obvious? Hayate wants to grope Einhart's adult form to check her bust size. :P

Edit: Hayate wearing a tanuki mask.. it SOOOO suits her personality.
Old 2010-11-16, 12:32   Link #14150
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
A few translation oddities with regards to names, because I've seen them spelled a bit differently, was wondering if we had official translations or if someone can speak up and say which is more correct... They keep calling Einhart that "Haou" kid... what does that mean?
Ha-Ou translates to Dark King. Just like how Sei-Ou is Sankt Kaiser. ( Saint King )

As for actual romanisations of the names... official names aren't released yet, so we'll have to stick with what 'sounds' right. Just like how Thoma was Touma before we knew his proper English name.

But we can guess some surnames right easily by comparing them to automobile names. For example, Tribeca is definitely the correct romanisation, derived from Subaru Tribeca.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2010-11-16, 13:08   Link #14151
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

It's curious how Miura and Shante use mid-childan magic depite being trained under Belkan Schools with equally Belkan Style instructors(Yagami Family with Zafira and the Saint Church with Schach). Still, Miura receive training on Strike Arts Yagami style by Zafira wich will of course be interesting, but what really catch my attention is her skill called "Bukkei" wich is translated like some sort of Battoujutsu(or "drawing the sword from the sheat", you know, that Kenshin stuff), so she will also use sowrdsman skills? i'm officially waiting to see this girl on the battlefield..

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2010-11-16, 14:18   Link #14152
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Rio or Lio? Seems to be back to Lio this chapter.
It all depends on the translator, but it's officially Rio. Her device speaks english like the others, so even in the raw you see 'Rio'

So Victoria's special skill is Jinrai, huh? Yup, this tournament is over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Nah, Rin was never a pompous rich girl (her family is quite poor, actually). Besides, Hayate's already Rin! Victoria is more like Luviagelita, though personally I thought of Touka from Saki.
Old 2010-11-16, 14:52   Link #14153
vic-vic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Ha-Ou translates to Dark King. Just like how Sei-Ou is Sankt Kaiser. ( Saint King )

As for actual romanisations of the names... official names aren't released yet, so we'll have to stick with what 'sounds' right. Just like how Thoma was Touma before we knew his proper English name.

But we can guess some surnames right easily by comparing them to automobile names. For example, Tribeca is definitely the correct romanisation, derived from Subaru Tribeca.
Actually, "Ha Ou" means "High/Great King".
Dark king is Mei Ou
Old 2010-11-16, 14:59   Link #14154
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

"Dominating/Tyrant King", actually.
Old 2010-11-16, 15:20   Link #14155
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
They keep calling Einhart that "Haou" kid... what does that mean?
It's been translated in earlier issues as Hegemon IIRC.

Likewise Seiou - Sankt Kaiser and the new Raitei - Thunder Emperor.
Old 2010-11-16, 16:23   Link #14156
Amaterasu1963

Well, I took a look at Nanoha wiki to see if they had any updates about the names.

Shante is probably correct since there is a Mazda Shante (Chantez). I was just going with the common name.

The Subaru Tribeca has already been mentioned and the Lamborgini Miura is obvious.

It seems the Dahlgren family is a major part of Volvo; I spelled it that way because of the American civil war era cannon (named after its designer, John Dahlgren).

ジークリンデ seems to me to be the standard Japanese spelling for Sieglinde sister of Siegmund and mother of Siegfried. Its used in multiple anime and games.

Last edited by Amaterasu1963; 2010-11-16 at 16:46.
Old 2010-11-16, 16:53   Link #14157
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaterasu1963 View Post
Well, I took a look at Nanoha wiki to see if they had any updates about the names.

Shante is probably correct since there is a Mazda Shante (Chantez). I was just going with the common name.

The Subaru Tribeca has already been mentioned and the Lamborgini Miura is obvious.

It seems the Dahlgren family is a major part of Volvo; I spelled it that way because of the American civil war era cannon (named after its designer, John Dahlgren).

ジークリンデ seems to me to be the standard Japanese spelling for Sieglinde sister of Siegmund and mother of Siegfried. Its used in multiple anime and games.
If that's the case, that solves most issues. We still have a few for the following names:

Miura Rinaldi/Linard

Shante Opinion/Apinion

Harri/Harii Tribeca

Sieglinde Elimia/Ermia

And I think we can conclude that Victoria Dahlgren is accurate. I'm a bit obsessive over this because I have plans for some of these names. :P
Old 2010-11-16, 16:57   Link #14158
Amaterasu1963

Rinaldi is an Italian name of course and there are several already in the series.

ri / li
ru / lu

リナルディ = ri - na - lu - de - i = Rinaldi. Please note the i on the end.

I suppose for complete options we could list: Linaldi, Linardi, Rinaldi, Rinardi.
Old 2010-11-16, 19:17   Link #14159
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaterasu1963 View Post
Rinaldi is an Italian name of course and there are several already in the series.

ri / li
ru / lu

リナルディ = ri - na - lu - de - i = Rinaldi. Please note the i on the end.

I suppose for complete options we could list: Linaldi, Linardi, Rinaldi, Rinardi.
It's funny as it is - because all four of them are proper surnames in Italy and/or Spain... And it's not like we haven't Spanish names also, Alicia comes to mind as it's Spanish variant of the name.

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
Old 2010-11-16, 20:11   Link #14160
SNobleJr
\m/,

While on the subject of translations... was I the only one who was actually bothered by all the Gratuitous Japanese in the latest ViVid scanlation? The aforementioned "Haou" and "Seiou", for example, when the translations "Hegemon" and "Sankt Kaiser" have already been fairly well established.

Not much happening in the chapter to comment on, anyway, mostly just setup for future events. Corona snuggling up to Rio in her sleep was adorable, though.

As for Force... well, Isis was kinda cute from the beginning, and now she's even starting to get some badass moments. And Arnage is rapidly growing on me with the dakka and boisterousness. "Bloody washboard"... *snrk*

Tags
adventure, manga, nanoha, seinen