AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-06-24, 00:42   Link #3121
Leave The Pieces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
As for the Peacecraft/Darlian/Yuy connections going on here.... man, I'm not sure I like where this is going, but it seems kind of typical for Sumisawa to do, lol. Does this mean that Sabrina and Katerina's mother was the Lightning Queen, I guess?
Wait, this is how I understood it, Naina and Mille's great grandmother is either Sabrina or Katerina.

I'm guessing it's Katerina because of the "Katherine" on there.

So if, say, theoretically, it is Katerina who's their great grandmother, then that means she's the Lightning Queen. Because the 69 twins' great gran is Relena's gran. And Relena's gran = Lightning Queen. Uploaded in her memories, too. I've been lurking since last year but never read the chapters just cuz I was too lazy lol but I followed the thread religiously. Anyway, as I said, I never read the chapters when they were available so please correct me if I'm wrong about the assumptions. I'm really intrigued by this.

Last edited by Leave The Pieces; 2011-06-24 at 01:22.
Leave The Pieces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 00:54   Link #3122
Kitsoru
:3c

Now that I look again (at the transcript of the Bandai subtitles anyway since I don't have my DVD's with me), Weyridge calls Relena 'Katrina' (mistaking Relena for Katrina from afar I assume) but I guess he never explicitly states that it's her mother he's referring to. I'm trying to recall where I've gotten that impression from, then... :/a

But yeah, Relena and Zechs' grandmother was said to be called the Lightning Queen in an earlier chapter.

With the mention of characters being related, I'm wondering if Sumisawa'll end up having one of the Peacecraft princesses marry Heero Yuy (or hell, even Zayeed Winner- Katherine Winner ending up being Katrina Peacecraft..? LOL)

(The mention of Quatrine Winner and Milou Peacecraft possibly being related makes their love interest status kind of ...awkward, though.)
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 01:18   Link #3123
Leave The Pieces

Oh okay. I just assumed that when Deacon Blues said Katerina that it's different from Katrina.

All. These. Katherine's.

Btw, I just realised that the great grandparent - grandparent - parent hierarchy could be different for other countries.

In my home country, at least (an Asian country), a great grandmother is a grandparent's mother. I don't know how it works for other countries. Apologies if the logic of my previous assumptions didn't make sense.

So anyway, this is how I thought the Peacecraft family tree flowed (I'm only gonna mention the ladies):

Katerina & Sabrina, 1st gen
Katrina, 2nd gen
Relena, 3rd gen
Naina, 4th gen

EDIT: So this means Quatre and Relena/Zechs are related, too, right?
Old 2011-06-24, 01:26   Link #3124
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leave The Pieces View Post
Oh okay. I just assumed that when Deacon Blues said Katerina that it's different from Katrina.

All. These. Katherine's.

Btw, I just realised that the great grandparent - grandparent - parent hierarchy could be different for other countries.

In my home country, at least (an Asian country), a great grandmother is a grandparent's mother. I don't know how it works for other countries. Apologies if the logic of my previous assumptions didn't make sense.

So anyway, this is how I thought the Peacecraft family tree flowed (I'm only gonna mention the ladies):

Katerina & Sabrina, 1st gen
Katrina, 2nd gen
Relena, 3rd gen
Naina, 4th gen

EDIT: So this means Quatre and Relena/Zechs are related, too, right?
No, I think they're referring to the same person. Just slightly different romanization being used.

Yeah, that's how it works as I've always known, too (except it can be either the father or mother- great grandmother or great grandfather). But we can extrapolate from knowing partially which 'side' of the family is the crown royal and which is the consort.

So I think the hierarchy of crown royals goes:
Kat(e)rina & Sabrina, 1st gen
???, 2nd gen (the King might be the crown royal and his wife the consort in that case, but we dunno..)
Milliardo and Relena, 3rd gen
Milou and Naina, 4th gen

Dunno, since they haven't revealed the supposed connection between the Winners and Peacecrafts yet.
Old 2011-06-24, 02:37   Link #3125
Leave The Pieces

Quote:
Now that I look again (at the transcript of the Bandai subtitles anyway since I don't have my DVD's with me)
Completely off the current topic, but where did you find the transcript? I remember seeing one once upon a time but I didn't save it nor its link. Been looking for it online recently, but I've been a massive fail. Google doesn't like me.

EDIT: Nevermind. Missed the part where you said they're only the dubtitles. ^^

Last edited by Leave The Pieces; 2011-06-24 at 02:46. Reason: Got too excited. Oops.
Old 2011-06-24, 02:50   Link #3126
Kitsoru

I'll leave it here anyway just in case you do want to look for it again
http://aboutgundamwing.com/series.htm

But yeah, as far as I know, direct Japanese subtitles don't exist outside the HK transcripts also given here.. which are pretty suspect.
Old 2011-06-24, 14:38   Link #3127
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Ah, I missed these laughing fits. So, Hilde is an ex-soldier, a librarian, a nun and an expert on nanotech. And an undercover agent. Anything else? Miss MC-0018 perhaps?
I forgot, she's also the (accidental?) creator of holo!Zechs. Which is unimportant anyway because is essentially the MS Epyon that's running amok. Okay... And how those Neuenheim guys got their hands on both is another interesting matter.
Also, we get treated to another of Sumizawa's retcons it seems. Katherina Peacecraft, written Katrina in the US dub, is Relena's mother. The novelization of the series confirms this. Here the excerpt:
Quote:
When the old man sees Relena standing before him, he murmurs with his surprise plainly showing, "Katherina...."

This figure resembles too much a friend who has died thirteen years ago.
So, this must be her daughter.
Nodding to himself, the old man approaches Relena and holds out his arm.

"Relena, you have already arrived!"

"Ah, Marquis Weridge, I'm sorry. I didn't know she was with you."
So why the retcon? Well, if Mille and Quatrine had the same grandparents it would be legally prohibited for them to pursue a relationship. xD At least where I'm from. Plus, dating your cousin is kind of ...wrong. Second cousin isn't any better in my opinion but people won't frown upon it as much. Well, if Mille and Quatrine are related at all. Which they probably are. I mean, it's Sumizawa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
- Because the royal family had a custom of not raising twins together, Sabrina was left on the Earth while Katerina was raised by the Darlians in the space colonies.
What? What kind of sense does that make?
And what is it with Japanese and twins? Seriously, it's not a bad thing.

Quote:
- In AC-145 at the age of 15, Katerina was tutored by the then 19 year old Heero Yuy (the leader).
- Katerina and Heero influenced one another and their sense of values changed. There's an illustration of Katerina and Heero. K looks like Relena and Heero looks like Heero.
Oh no, he isn't. He is not going to pass this off as 1xR, like with Quatrine and Trowa P. I dare him.
That aside, I'm curious to see a 19-year-old Heero. He better look like it in that dang illustration.

Quote:
- This month's chapter is called "Nocturne of Sorrow - Preface"
Wasn't that an Ocarina of Time song?

Quote:
The Perfect Peace Program is a kind of nanomachine program or something that is administered into the body. When the PPP is operating, specific people or all people's behavior toward killing seems to be impossible. In reality, Father says, "I'm unable to kill Relena Peacecraft. No one other than Heero can do this because the program is operating."
Does that mean that everybody is 'infected'? Makes me wonder when that stuff was put into everyone's bodies.
Wait. Could it have been in that Mars aging antidote?

Quote:
I'm wondering if Hilde's activities are going to lead to her getting whacked by the Noinheim's?
Didn't Duo say something about his wife being dead waaaay back in the first chapters? When he apologized for Jr. being a rude little brat because he had to raise him by himself? Hilde still seems to be alive but that sentence is still nagging at me. Who died? And why has every woman a death wish? *looks at Sabrina* >_>
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 14:50   Link #3128
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
Katherina Peacecraft, written Katrina in the US dub, is Relena's mother. The novelization of the series confirms this. Here the excerpt:
Aha, I knew it! Thank you for confirming I was right after all
Quote:
And what is it with Japanese and twins? Seriously, it's not a bad thing.
LOL I was thinking the same thing! *Reminded of the backstory of Bridget from Guilty Gear...*
Quote:
Oh no, he isn't. He is not going to pass this off as 1xR, like with Quatrine and Trowa P. I dare him.
That aside, I'm curious to see a 19-year-old Heero. He better look like it in that dang illustration.
Oh but he is But yeah, I'm pretty excited to see older Heero too (not gonna lie)
Quote:
Wasn't that an Ocarina of Time song?
Yes. Yes it was. (Nocturne of Shadow but close enough)
Quote:
Does that mean that everybody is 'infected'? Makes me wonder when that stuff was put into everyone's bodies.
Wait. Could it have been in that Mars aging antidote?
That's what I'm thinking it was But I thought Duo never got it and that's why he aged..? I am confuse.
Quote:
Didn't Duo say something about his wife being dead waaaay back in the first chapters? When he apologized for Jr. being a rude little brat because he had to raise him by himself? Hilde still seems to be alive but that sentence is still nagging at me. Who died? And why has every woman a death wish? *looks at Sabrina* >_>
Keep in mind Hilde was only a national librarian until she married Duo and he ran off on her, forcing her to become a nun. I think Hilde is going to get offed inbetween when we see her durin Christmas chapter and present time, possibly for what she learned about the Noinheims. But I can only guess for now..
Old 2011-06-24, 15:50   Link #3129
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Aha, I knew it! Thank you for confirming I was right after all
You're welcome.

Quote:
Oh but he is But yeah, I'm pretty excited to see older Heero too (not gonna lie)
Nooooo! Stop pissing off the fan base, Sumizawa! And stop making everyone and his dog related to each other.
Funny though, how the ones I thought would be related aren't. Also, is he trying to tell us that Heero will look like Heero when he'll be, uh, 50?

Sorry, I can only see the eyebrow part. And even that doesn't tell us anything. King Peacecraft had bushy eyebrows, too. ...OMG

Quote:
Yes. Yes it was. (Nocturne of Shadow but close enough)
Right, Nocturne of Shadow, thanks. He's totally doing an OoT naming theme for the chapters, isn't he? If memory serves right we had a prelude, a requiem and a nocturne so far. All that's missing is a bolero, a minuet and a serenade. (I'll lol so hard if this turns out to be the case)

Quote:
That's what I'm thinking it was But I thought Duo never got it and that's why he aged..? I am confuse.
Well, he was hospitalized, so who knows what they did to him while he was lying there. That Neuenheim/Noinheim Konzern seems to have a finger in every pie and considering Duo Maxwell is the only Gundam pilot publicly known (since his face was plastered all over the colonies when he was to be executed) it isn't too far-fetched to believe that he was deliberately targeted.

The question is, if the others are 'infected', too or if it is done solely for the drama.
...Waaaait a minute, I just noticed something. Heero is the only one who can kill Relena, yes? Because he was frozen and didn't receive any antidote. Same should apply for Relena. Meaning, if he and Relena spend a couple of years on Mars they'll age faster because of the endemic disease, allowing them to 'catch up' to the others in terms of appearance.
C'mon, he's not going to do that, is he?
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 15:54   Link #3130
peacecraft

As promised, here's my little site I made to host all the Raws for FT & Glory.

http://gloryoflosers.blogspot.com/

I'm scanning June & July's issues as I type this.

Grandfather, roses just don't look good on me either. I'd look better soaked in the blood of OZ!
Relena Darlian, Episode 11 The Whereabouts of Happiness
peacecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 16:43   Link #3131
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
According to that, Hilde is still a librarian, hence she is able to continue researching this stuff.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 19:08   Link #3132
peacecraft

Newest chapters are all up on blogspot!!

http://gloryoflosers.blogspot.com

Grandfather, roses just don't look good on me either. I'd look better soaked in the blood of OZ!
Relena Darlian, Episode 11 The Whereabouts of Happiness
peacecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 19:36   Link #3133
Leave The Pieces

Quote:
Keep in mind Hilde was only a national librarian until she married Duo and he ran off on her, forcing her to become a nun. I think Hilde is going to get offed inbetween when we see her durin Christmas chapter and present time, possibly for what she learned about the Noinheims. But I can only guess for now..
I do hope that's the case cuz I'll be pissed if she's still alive. Make up your mind, Sumizawa. Dead is dead and alive is alive. Jee whiz.

Quote:
Also, we get treated to another of Sumizawa's retcons it seems. Katherina Peacecraft, written Katrina in the US dub, is Relena's mother. The novelization of the series confirms this.
There we go! I thought Katrina was Relena's biological mother, too and that's why I just went on and assumed she and Katerina were two different people. Queen Katrina, Relena's mother and Katerina Darlian, Relena's grandmother and the Lightning Queen. But then, the fact that Wayridge says Relena looked like Queen Katrina and Sumizawa has Katerina Darlian illustrated as a Relena-lookalike could only mean they are but one and hence, it's a ret-con. Wooptie doo, and I was impressed cuz I thought there ain't no a-pull for once!

But other than that, I thought this chapter was rather interesting. And regarding 1xR, maybe Sumizawa will have them take the Escaflowne road. Where Hitomi's grandmother meets Allen's father and they have some romantic angst, la de da. And then later on, Hitomi meets Allen... and they also have some romantic angst, la de da. I guess we'll see.

Also, I wonder what Sabrina looks like. If she and Kat are identical twins, then she must look like Relena, too. Unless they're fraternal twins like Naina and Mille. Anyway, at least we know that the twin gene runs in the royal family, too.

Okay, before anyone gets all hypercritical about the twin gene thing, I was just joking. Thanks.

EDIT: Thank you, peacecraft! The site is real sweet!
Old 2011-06-24, 22:00   Link #3134
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Thanks for the scans, peacecraft.

Sumisawa's "connection tour" continues.
Old 2011-06-24, 22:12   Link #3135
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Wow... they really made up some dialogue for the Wing dub at this juncture of the manga LOL!

And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Old 2011-06-24, 22:21   Link #3136
Kitsoru

Thanks, peacecraft!
Quote:
All that's missing is a bolero, a minuet and a serenade. (I'll lol so hard if this turns out to be the case)
Pfft well Sumisawa already has Katherine controlling mobile dolls by playing a keyboard, so who knows, maybe he's trying to add a musical element to the series ...Macross-style???
Quote:
According to that, Hilde is still a librarian, hence she is able to continue researching this stuff.
Ahhh, I see. That would make more sense then.. and therefore (since she was sticking her nose into things), gets whacked? Hmm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leave The Pieces View Post
...maybe Sumizawa will have them take the Escaflowne road. Where Hitomi's grandmother meets Allen's father and they have some romantic angst, la de da. And then later on, Hitomi meets Allen... and they also have some romantic angst, la de da. I guess we'll see.
Well, Sumisawa did work on Inuyasha... *nods to Kikyo and Kagome..*

EDIT:
Quote:
Wow... they really made up some dialogue for the Wing dub at this juncture of the manga LOL!
How do you mean?
Old 2011-06-24, 22:28   Link #3137
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

I just checked out the GoL scans. It looked like Wufei was having flashbacks to a Taurus attack. I'm guessing it was the same attack that led to Meiran's death which would be another retcon.

On related note, Treize having a picture of Vingt is a nice touch.
Old 2011-06-24, 22:34   Link #3138
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Example:

Dub: I don't think it's wise to interpret the actions of a few as reflecting all the colonies. The real problem we're facing is how to deal with these Gundam attacks.

Actual: I don't think it's wise to interpret the actions of a few as reflection all the colonies. I believe that is somehow sidestepping the issue. (or something to that effect)

Nowhere does mention Gundam attacks... but then again given the previous flow of dialogue, they were talking about Gundam attacks. Case in point though.

Old 2011-06-25, 05:21   Link #3139
ShellingFord

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacecraft View Post
Newest chapters are all up on blogspot!!

http://gloryoflosers.blogspot.com
I'm sorry but some pages was lost in the newest chapter of FT.
Please check it.

And THX for the RAW!Good Job!!
ShellingFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 00:37   Link #3140
Kyardan

Send a message via MSN to Kyardan
I have finally caught up to you guys. Only a few days ago I discovered that FT exists, and I have now read this entire thread from the beginning to its present point. Here's hoping to acceptance in this discussion. I've loved Gundam Wing since I was very young, and I recently began rewatching it for the sake of FT. It seems to be having a (negative?) effect though, since I find myself quoting/laying out scenarios from the show to illustrate a point (I work in politics).

Now, so I don't make a completely off-topic post: I don't think it's likely they'll pull a Heero/Relena are related stunt. The shipper in me couldn't handle it.

But this thing with twin separation in Sanc bothers me. Perhaps I'm a bit confused from the information overload catching up on the thread, but is it possible Relena has a twin who we conveniently never saw because she was sent elsewhere? Or was it confirmed that physically Charlena is in fact the same Relena we all know and love?

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing