AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

View Poll Results: Haruka or Mitsuki?
Haruka, and respondent is male 259 45.52%
Haruka, and respondent is female 54 9.49%
Mitsuki, and respondent is male 216 37.96%
Mitsuki, and respondent is female 40 7.03%
Voters: 569. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-06-17, 01:20   Link #81
Truth-kun
Do the Penguin Dance!

Send a message via Yahoo to Truth-kun
I argued with one of my friends on this one, and I chose Mitsuki because in my point of view, she is the one that suffered the most on this series. Haruka faction might argue that it is Mitsuki's fault that Haruka was in a coma for 3 years, but I beg to differ, since an accident is not only time based, but on place based as well (place based meaning the place where the accident occured). I'm not saying that it was Haruka's fault either, because it is an accident.

Mitsuki took care of Takayuki the 3 years he was depressed, eventually sacrificing her dreams and her life for him. To me, that is true love (stupid, yes, but its love :P). And the one who gives true love, absolutely deserves it.

And yes, I hate Takayuki. Lol.
Truth-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 12:52   Link #82
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

I don't know if the accident was any of the main characters faults. It was an accident, it could've happened to anyone, know but the person who hit her is at fault. You can't blame Taka for being late, or Mistuki for hooking them up, or Haruka for choosing there. It was just a freak accident.

I think Mitsuki did love Taka more than Haruka. She sacrificed her dreams in life for him, and was lost without him. He said he needed her, but in truth she obviously needed him more.

Haruka had gained more strength after the coma and saw that it would be best for Taka to be with Mitsuki, she knew she could live without him, and could go on. She did what was best for them both. Haruka seemed immature and clingy, but after the coma, I think she was more mature than Takayuki or Mitsuki.

I liked Haruka from the start, and I'd have liked it if she had gotten Taka, but in the end I'm glad he is with Mitsuki since they fit best and it would be best for them. So I voted Mitsuki.
Orchunter226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-18, 21:23   Link #83
einlancer
stick-figure-man

I voted for Haruka and I'm a male.. I will post my reason some time this week as I am quite busy with work right now...

But i would throw this question to anyone who would dare to answer? What do you think would have happened if it was Mitsuki who was involved in an accident and not Haruka? Also as to not make it as one sided or irrelevant what if, lets just say that the accident is a partial result due to something that Takayuki and/or Haruka have done.. not nearly his/their own fault but something that would put an unwarranted guilt non the less..

I just want your views on this.. It might make for an interesting discussion and in a way make us look in a view we might not recognize/accept otherwise
einlancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-18, 22:13   Link #84
Decel

Interesting question, and the only answer I see at this point is with this question:

"How deep into Haruka was Taka after the festival?"

Remember Taka originally fell for Mitsuki. Would his crush/infactuation/love get the better of him? Or did he, at that point, completely turned the page regarding Mitsuki?

As far as the guilt trip goes, I'm not sure myself. Taka was a different man before and after the 3 years. After the 3 years he was basically an automaton that seeked to please the one most in need. Before however he actually had human traits.

I personally can't find an answer at this point, since I only have 2 eps worth of material to work with, and I haven't played the game.
Old 2006-06-18, 22:23   Link #85
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

For character designs, adult Haruka all the way! Then again, I like long hair, hehehehehe.

However, in terms of who 'deserves' Bakayuki more, I would say Mitsuki. In all honesty, I was split down the middle for the entire series, but the 'tiebreaker' for me comes down to one thing... it was Mitsuki who, in more ways than one, made a man out of Takayuki when he was wasting away.

Beauty of this anime. however, is that it was so well written that I wouldn't have minded the ending either way. Both paths had their 'clues' embedded within the series, and either ending would've been perfectly logical in my view.

@Einlancer: If let's say the situation is reversed (ie. that it was Mitsuki who got into the accident and Haruka was the one who got Takayuki out of his rot), then of course I'd lean towards Haruka. There's just something touching to me about a guy/girl getting his significant other out of a slump and/or helping them even though it means sacrificing the helper's own happiness, as both are characteristics of the type of couple that I am so biased towards. It just so happens that it was Mitsuki who did all that in KGNE, but if fate would have it that it would've been Haruka (or even Akane) instead, then it would be her then I would've rooted for.

As to what would've actually happened, then I think the ending would be pretty much the same as the original KGNE, except it's Haruka this time around. And I think because all that Takayuki's relationship with Mitsuki was that of a small crush of years past, there would've been much less anguish and torture for all three. In other words, there won't be all these drama because in this case, there's really nothing to misunderstand for Haruka nor are there past or present strong romantic feelings of Takayuki for Mitsuki.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-18, 22:53   Link #86
Decel

Maybe it was a small crush, but in the whole series it's the only "honest" feeling that I've ever had out of Takayuki.

Before the accident it seemed to me that he felt "obligated" to Haruka, with the possible exception of the night where he almost did the deed. Even then however I couldn't tell if it was love or simply raging hormones.

After the accident he was basically a robot.
Old 2006-06-19, 03:14   Link #87
einlancer
stick-figure-man

Thanks to DrgoonKain3 and Decel for the replies.. I was actually hoping that there was a lot more replies to my question before i put my reasons why I chose Haruka.

The reason why i asked that 'what if' is to see if the majority of the respondents would have the same as my perception of Takayuki's feeling at the time of the accident. Cause I interpretted and pretty much believed that Takayuki's feeling towards to Haruka is love and what he felt for Mitsuki is probably a mild crush or a feeling that of a bestfriend.

I have come to this conclusion because of pretty much how Takayuki reacted to the whole accident. That, to me, my friends, is not a feeling of guilt as many would have suggested but a feeling of great loss. And you only feel that way if you have a strong feelings of love and in some cases hate. Anyone who have lost a real loved one would have known this feeling. It is usually in these cases man is at his worst be it mentally or emotionally (which is pretty much what i would call rock bottom), and Takayuki is the embodiment of that. This is also the emotions displayed by Mitsuki in the latter episodes when she taught she is going to lose Taka to Haruka. If Taka did really felt only guilt and without an ounce of love, i would have doubt that his reaction would be that extreme. It's not like the parents of Haruka blamed him for the incident, in fact they have been the most understanding of all people in this series.

Now the reason I ask for the 'what if' is to see if you will respond that Taka will have the same breakdown as he did in the Haruka accident. For example, given that Taka and Haruka are still in a relationship (the same at that time) and instead of a taka/haruka date it should have would have been a Mitsuki group date bday celebration. What if suppose to be that Mitsuki/Taka/Haruka were to meet at the station at 3pm. Then Taka was suppose to pick Haruka at 2:30 pm because THEY are in a relationship (and lets say it would only take around 25 mins to go to the station). Now lets say Taka arrived at Haruka's house at 2:20 pm but Haruka's not ready yet because the Ribbon/scarf/ or jewelry that she wanted to wear was misplaced or nowhere to be found (to make it more interesting, lets say that the object missing is a gift from Taka a few days before and it is the first time that Haruka will be wearing it, much like the same as the Ring for mitsuki). Haruka just wanted Taka to see that she is so happy with the gift and how the gift will look on her.. Now let us say that they found the ribbon/scarf/ or necklace at 2:55 pm. They hurried and arrived at the station at 3:15 where they saw that a traffic accident happened where Mitsuki was involved. The accident was said to have happend at around 3:07 pm. The question now is , would Taka have the same mental/emotional breakdown in the same scenario? As for me, i think Takayuki would not have the same emotional breakdown. But then again that would be just me. i think the one that would be more affected would be Haruki. but somehow i think they would pull though with the help of each other, might have continued on to college while continuing to visit Mitsuki at the hospital.

I think the problem arose because of how Mitsuki approached the whole situation. I think if you take care for someone the same way as Mitsuki did, i think it would have more of a damaging effect than helping him. Also the way she takes care of him, there is no way they could avoid a growing feeling for each other. Maybe it was Mitsuki's plan all along. But she should have approached takuyaki in a more resolute manner. I think a slap or two to wake him into his senses instead of TLC that Mitsuki been giving him. The way things were, she is like giving Taka the justification for his moping. And if she really cared for the relationship of Taka and haruka, intead of getting naked and practically saying "forget about her, let's get it on" she should have slapped him silly and scolled him to high heavens saying things like, "Is this what you think Haruka want?" "Pull yourself together, for Haruka's sake? and things like that. Takayuki at that time was a pathetic b@s%^&d but i somehow feel Mitsuki took advantage of the situation without her knowing it herself. But that is just my personal opinion.

Last edited by einlancer; 2006-06-19 at 03:44.
einlancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-19, 08:36   Link #88
Decel

Such a "scenario" wouldn't work. Taka's guilt in KGnE was partly due to the fact that he did something completely trivial while being aware that he should've been meeting Haruka. Forgetting this and that and being late is different from taking a detour to do something with someone else.

Also, I'm not saying Taka felt not even an ounce of love. He did love Haruka, especially following the festival. I'm just questioning how much of it was genuine love, and how much of it was "I love Haruka because she loves me".

As for Mitsuki helping Takayuki the hard way, I doubt roughing it would have helped him. Taka's a total pushover with absolutely no backbone. The guy was as brain-dead as Haruka after the accident and not much better by the end of the series.
Old 2006-06-20, 21:26   Link #89
Theowne
耳をすませば

Male - Haruka (I actually expected this of all series to be more geared in the female side but whatever)

Mostly because I find the Takayuki-Mistuki relationship hollow based on how they initially got together (from the flashback)
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-26, 07:45   Link #90
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel

Also, I'm not saying Taka felt not even an ounce of love. He did love Haruka, especially following the festival. I'm just questioning how much of it was genuine love, and how much of it was "I love Haruka because she loves me"
Once again this is TEENAGE LOVE (I know I'm a cybergeek on a messageboard but I have experienced this first hand)...Where the teens don't really know what love is they just think they are in love (Usually in my experience the girls feel this more)...So from that aspect Taka's infatuation or love was that of how a teenager feels when they recieve love from the opposite sex that cares about them...Later when a tragedy occurs you actually find out how much that other person actually means to you...So yes it is genuine love as they know it...

I know many guys in HS that would have just let Haruka wither away in that hospital...Not that they didn't care, but I doubt they would have been like Taka where every waken moment of his young life (a teenager's life) he was obsessed with what happened to her...Me personally I think I probably would have gotten over it better than he did because unlike taka i have many family members that would have intervened and helped me cope while having the understanding that I'm just a kid and despite everything I have to move on...But Taka was not as lucky and I think it's clear that while he was feeling guilt (which is SOOOOOO to be expected), he stilled loved the girl and is not only obsessing over his part in it, but also his loss...The loss of a future together that he was persuing (This is so clear in the anime because of what he does just prior to meeting Mitsuki outside)...

Taka showed me that by deciding to take those exams and follow her to college that he was moving on to the next phase of their relationship inwhich he had already come to the conclusion that he wanted or was content with being with her and progressing the relationship...That's why I often get a bit miffed at the "He was always in love with Mitsuki" claims and whatnot since he clearly wasn't about to follow Mitsuki into the next phase of her life (eventhough he did like her and NEVER really acted on it)...Also when you are talking about TEENAGE LOVE you have to throw absolutes out of the window...I know guys who are married to their HS sweethearts who were fooling around on them with other girls in HS...

So to get back to your point Decal, even if he loved Haruka just because she loved him, as a teenager, that is often all you need...And if he loved Mitsuki more with the type of intensity and hidden feelings that most Mitsuki-lovers so boldly and quickly claim then as a teenager once he had felt those feelings recipricated I have no doubt he would have acted on them...I know I would have...Other than standing up Haruka on a date inwhich he had not decided on a future with her to that point and getting mad when Mitsuki suggested they go on a date (where he had yet to get to know her an become infatuated with her) Taka didn't seem too jaded in his feelings between the 2...My GF in HS...her best friend was so hawt and I liked her and she even gave me what i considered as "vibes", but in the end nothing happened...you can like someone and even feel like you want to be with them and and still be with the GF you love (and STILL not act on it)...However I suggest you not tell your GF's the message I just passed along ...LMAO, it's a good thing I'm STEALTH right now X)...

*slaps self for yet again making a looooong post when I had intended it to be short, this forum does it to me every time*
Old 2006-06-26, 08:30   Link #91
Decel

I somehow get your teenage love argument, but I don't understand what your comparison of Takayuki's actions versus real-life people.

Of course he was content on being with her, since she made the move first. Taka is a reactionary character: goes where he's needed most. At that point Mitsuki didn't break down in front of him yet, though she was showing the first signs of so.

And if I recall, he decided to follow Haruka after the festival. His sentiments for Mitsuki were shown before that. Hence why I said that the festival may have been a turning point.
Old 2006-06-26, 09:02   Link #92
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Well unfortunatley since I watched this show over a year ago I have heard countless arguments (and had countless debates vaporized by last year's hacker) that have to do with Taka never having loved Haruka and that his sentiments for Mitsuki were ALWAYS stronger leading up, during, and even after the accident...I've heard arguments that every single thing Taka did in the anime is built on guilt and weak-mindedness as if he's the only guy in history to fall for a girl he intially didn't think much of...I tend to believe Taka acts much more like a real common guy would act given the circumstances of his story...If he loved Mitsuki so much still after Haruka woke up then he would have expressed that (He clearly did not)...Haruka re-awakening just re-sparked all the feelings (guilt, love, otherwise) that he covered-up thru his relationship with Mitsuki where he failed to naturally exercise those feelings...He was confused and disturbed by all of it...Not realizing how much he was hurting Mitsuki (IMO this is because he never proactively persued her so his feelings don't have the weight her's does)...Is he a baka for some of this? That is arguable, but only a morsel of the true story....

Quote:
I don't understand what your comparison of Takayuki's actions versus real-life people.
If you still don't understand where I am coming from, you'll have to be more specific...
Old 2006-06-26, 09:38   Link #93
Decel

I believe that he goes for Haruka after she wakes up because she appears the weakest at the time. As you say, he doesn't notice how much he's hurting Mitsuki until he finds out she's quit her job and moving and all. At that point Haruka was -or rather appeared- stronger than Mitsuki (she started therapy and all by herself).

Accident, then:
-Haruka in a coma <- Goes after Haruka
-Mitsuki breaks down crying (and getting naked) <- Goes after Mitsuki
-Haruka wakes up, thinks she's 3 years in the past (Mitsuki appears fine at that time) <- Goes after Haruka
-Mitsuki breaks down, quit jobs, moves out. Haruka gets "stronger" (ironically, to be with Taka), takes therapy <- Goes after Mitsuki

As I've stated, Taka's a reactionary character that goes where he's needed most. There was a whole debate over it in another thread.
Old 2006-06-26, 12:22   Link #94
martino
makes no files now

That is a very good point Decel. However I believe that he loved Mitsuki, and not Haruka...but he was there for her when she needed him most(even though he was sort of decieving her).
Old 2006-06-26, 12:41   Link #95
Decel

Taka loved Mitsuki, at least to the point of the festival.
At the festival itself, and until the accident, he settled for the one who was in front of him, in which case Haruka. As far as "love" I'm not so sure. I think he chose the status-quo that is represented by the picture. Imo Mitsuki "appearing happy" on it is an important point in Taka's decision to move ahead with Haruka.

He's an empty shell after the accident. You could have replaced him with a robot that has a "help the one that's most in need" function and you'd have the same result.
Old 2006-07-13, 00:04   Link #96
Shini_GamI
YuI

Send a message via MSN to Shini_GamI
I liked Haruka better, that was after the accident happened. Before, I thought Mitsuki was better, but then I kinda felt sorry for Haruka. Oh, maybe Akane too if I can vote her ^_^
Shini_GamI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-13, 01:34   Link #97
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel
As far as "love" I'm not so sure.
He definately had some love for Haruka. You don't become an empty shell when someone you merely like is injured. He loved Haruka even if it was as a super good friend and not a lover. He still loved her to become like that after the accident.
Orchunter226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-13, 08:14   Link #98
Decel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchunter226
He loved Haruka even if it was as a super good friend and not a lover.
Yeah this is what I meant; the romantic type over the friendship type. I just don't know how much of which he had for her.
Old 2006-07-28, 01:40   Link #99
idofgrahf

Send a message via MSN to idofgrahf
to each his/her own I guess. I like mistuki over Haruka because Mistuki suffered more, helped Taka out more, she's also taller and better looking but thats just my personal taste. I can see why people like Haruka more as well, ie more ignorant, feel sorry for her because of car accident etc.

as for love , I think Taka at least liked Mistuki but since Mistuki did not confess like Haruka did, he took the safer rout, going out with Haruka whom he knows likes him instead of taking a chance with Mistuki, later on he did at least like Haruka although his like and later on love for Mistuki did not fade hence the delimma he finds himself in.

Lacan/Grahf
idofgrahf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-31, 14:27   Link #100
bluelotus
TuxRacer :D

I've voted for Mitsuki
I'm male, I'm bisexual, and my teenage years are a while gone now.

Yeah - so my perspective is certainly not that of a teenager or an early twen.

What I would've found way more interesting than the gender of the respondent is the age of the respondent. Because I believe the older the viewer of this anime is the more he is able to empathize with Mitsukis and Takas situation, their feelings and their flaws - simply because of life experiance.
I think when you are young you have a clear picture of what LOVE has to be like, with strict regularias (see all these comments about Mitsuki betraying her best friend Haruka etc. - that's childish bullshit imo). But that's not what life is alike, isn't it?! There is NO black and white - and ironically I have to post this common quote/lore here: In war and love there aren't any rules.

So in general, I'm with you, Decel. Whether Taka loves Haruka or Mitsuki isn't the point for me. It's the wrong question. I clearly see that Taka loves both of them - for different reasons. But the most important is Mitsuki. You can argue with the fact that she was his (secretly) first love. But that's not so important I think. What's important: they had more time with each other with the possibility of maturing their relationship. And thats exactly my point of view here: from the beauty and sweet first love - they both learnd to really love each other. Taka realizes this luckily in the end (otherwise it would had make me want to beat him up badly... *lol*). And what the hell had Mitsuki done wrong? Mitsuki slowly begins to fear the possibility of loosing Takayuki - because of his insecurity facing his self-imposed responsibility. But who wants to blame him for that? What should Mitsuki have done? There aren't any simple answers to that one! Her personality; her flaws; covering her boiling emotions and let it then out in an explosive and self-destructive way - all this makes her a believible three-dimensional human character. And I love her for that! I could really identify with her - I could literally feel with her all the way through this emotional ride.

So I'm very pleased and satisfied with the outcome in the end
bluelotus is offline   Reply With Quote