AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

Old 2008-10-04, 08:31   Link #441
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Am I the only one seeing that they are unknowingly in love with one another? I thought it was pretty obvious...
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 08:34   Link #442
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

@JMvS
No effing way! I merely said that as a joke... who would've thought it was true?

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 08:37   Link #443
golthin

I have not read the novel, and have only read the manga but I am to understand that Taiga and Ryuji

Spoiler:
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 08:43   Link #444
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
I have not read the novel, and have only read the manga but I am to understand that Taiga and Ryuji

Spoiler:
Spoiler for manga:
Old 2008-10-04, 08:43   Link #445
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Looking forward to see the next episode getting animated,
Episode 2 is going to be a lot more fun
Spoiler for Spoiler:

Gundam 00 and Toradora might just help me get over the Trainwreck Code Geass had become
Old 2008-10-04, 08:48   Link #446
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Sorry HayashiTakara, but I just cannot see them being unknowingly in love... For me it is sibling-like relationship at best but not really romance-like.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 08:49   Link #447
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Spoiler for manga:
thanks for the info!
Old 2008-10-04, 08:50   Link #448
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Sorry HayashiTakara, but I just cannot see them being unknowingly in love... For me it is sibling-like relationship at best but not really romance-like.
I dunno... If I said, "its extremely painful to be away from my little sister, and I want to always be by her side." Everyone will look at me weird and call me a Sis-con.
Old 2008-10-04, 08:51   Link #449
Darknemo2000

He just got used to her..I do not really see it as love (romantic one at least).
Old 2008-10-04, 08:54   Link #450
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
He just got used to her..I do not really see it as love (romantic one at least).
And I'm not use to my little sister? ...think for a second as to whats being said... do you really think that a brother and sister would feel that way, let alone say that way about one another, unless they have a complex towards them?
Old 2008-10-04, 09:13   Link #451
Darknemo2000

Not really... but probably very obsessive siblings..Still I cant see a romance...

Maybe very slight indications from Ryuuji but not that much by Taiga.
Old 2008-10-04, 09:27   Link #452
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Don't forget that their relationship being sibling-like is how they describe it themselves;
Spoiler for ep 3 events?:

At first their relationship was master-pet, but that was mostly for the sake of having an abusive loli tsundere early on. It quickly shows aspects of an accomplice relationship as shown by
Spoiler for ep 2 events:

Later on the novel is clear on them developping
Spoiler for novel:

As some have better explained, love is something complicated, and understanding one's own feelings is far from simple. Some will argue that infatuation does not equate true love, and that on the other side, complementarity is a true form of love.

I have some expectations for their relationship to gently grow into something nice.

So for me sadistic-abusive-loli + lecherous-pet-warrior-harem show lead > violent-coleric-loli + mean looking-clean addict-nice guy.
Old 2008-10-04, 09:44   Link #453
Darknemo2000

Again you are commenting ZnT anime which i agree about but you have to remember that ZnT has also novels and you cannot describe Saito and Louise same way as in anime, and while commenting Toradora you do not really use anime but other sources, so it would be fair if you would comment ZnT on other sources as well (since anime of ZnT as we all know barely represents actual ZnT and is more useless fanservice show).

All and all ZnT does have a romantic love to begin with, while Toradora doesn't and by all means I still cannot see it as a romantic love even by now. But thats maybe because I don't really like Taiga's character and see everything that she does act and talk as a very annoying (which is weird considering Louise and Shana are the characters taht I am very fine with and like a lot).
Old 2008-10-04, 09:53   Link #454
Falkor

do we really need to have a discussion on the manga/novel here on the anime thread... it's not like you can't, but bear in mind that you are disclosing details of future events, and some people here are anime-only watchers
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 09:54   Link #455
Anime Daisuki

Seems like a Louise V2 from ZNT. Looks interesting, I'll keep following it.
Old 2008-10-04, 10:23   Link #456
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
do we really need to have a discussion on the manga/novel here on the anime thread... it's not like you can't, but bear in mind that you are disclosing details of future events, and some people here are anime-only watchers
Noted, but if you or anyone else have any problems, I'll just go ahead and edit my posts.
Old 2008-10-04, 11:04   Link #457
golthin

Quote:
Again you are commenting ZnT anime which i agree about but you have to remember that ZnT has also novels and you cannot describe Saito and Louise same way as in anime, and while commenting Toradora you do not really use anime but other sources, so it would be fair if you would comment ZnT on other sources as well (since anime of ZnT as we all know barely represents actual ZnT and is more useless fanservice show).

All and all ZnT does have a romantic love to begin with, while Toradora doesn't and by all means I still cannot see it as a romantic love even by now. But thats maybe because I don't really like Taiga's character and see everything that she does act and talk as a very annoying (which is weird considering Louise and Shana are the characters taht I am very fine with and like a lot).
I think you are being naive here. When was the last time that a couple like Taiga and ryuuji didn't end together. It is a proven recipe that works. the approach in Todadora is a little different than in the other cases. Instead of having the two leads falling for each other and denying it all the time like in the other cases, they have other people they like but they develop a friendship of convenience. This time it is not a love at first sight relation, but them discovering that they have more in common with each other that they knew with time. they both never thought of each other AT all until they met, while each other have only one friend in the whole school and it happens to be the one that each of them like.
Old 2008-10-04, 11:14   Link #458
Darknemo2000

You can't make it for sure. Sometimes it can end like in Ichigo 100%... I would not take it for sure really. Nor I do see then necessarily falling in love.
Old 2008-10-04, 11:22   Link #459
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I'm placing my money on this being an open ended series...

I can just see Toradora2! or something similar

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 11:24   Link #460
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I see it being resolved, with some angst.

Anyway, a break in conversation but... Isn't Yuuchan quite Milf worthy or what? I bet if Ryuuji made a move on her, she'll let him, lol

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen