AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Vampire Knight

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-10, 23:32   Link #81
arsinoe74

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Let me first state that Zero is not a poor character, not in the least! He has many good qualities and that is a fact. But Kaname is also an honourable, loyal, and compassionate person himself. He's just a bit harder to understand. Most people seem to only see his actions as being manipulative but, really, in his situation and given his objective, his actions are mere intelligent, strategic decisions for the better of his kind, relations with humans, and especially for Yuuki.

The situation in VK is not like being Superman where you protect your girl by fighting "bad guys". It's a touchy, scheming, political war between and within vampires, vampire hunters, and humans.

With many people harping how Zero cares for Yuuki more than Kaname, then tell me what exactly has Zero done FOR Yuuki (equal to what Kaname has done for her)? - aside from making her cry, worry, risk herself by offering him blood, and (one other major thing that I won't mention because it's a major manga spoiler).

The major difference between Kaname and Zero (for me) is that Kaname actually takes action to achieve his goals, while Zero just wallows in self-pity, talks about revenge but doesn't make any intelligent plans to accomplish it. That is Zero's setback for me.
Ditto you took the words out of my mouth.
Old 2008-08-11, 01:17   Link #82
Queeny
<3

Quote:
Let me first state that Zero is not a poor character, not in the least! He has many good qualities and that is a fact. But Kaname is also an honourable, loyal, and compassionate person himself. He's just a bit harder to understand. Most people seem to only see his actions as being manipulative but, really, in his situation and given his objective, his actions are mere intelligent, strategic decisions for the better of his kind, relations with humans, and especially for Yuuki.

The situation in VK is not like being Superman where you protect your girl by fighting "bad guys". It's a touchy, scheming, political war between and within vampires, vampire hunters, and humans.

With many people harping how Zero cares for Yuuki more than Kaname, then tell me what exactly has Zero done FOR Yuuki (equal to what Kaname has done for her)? - aside from making her cry, worry, risk herself by offering him blood, and (one other major thing that I won't mention because it's a major manga spoiler).

The major difference between Kaname and Zero (for me) is that Kaname actually takes action to achieve his goals, while Zero just wallows in self-pity, talks about revenge but doesn't make any intelligent plans to accomplish it. That is Zero's setback for me.
you always said what we want to said PreSage !
it's really stupid when they asked me why do you like kaname over zero ?? he is a selfish guy who always hurt zero .. bla bla bla

let me say this :

zero = only talks !! no actions !
kaname = talks + actions ...!!

they always said :
" the silent type always misunderstood "

because mystery is always around kaname + he's silent doesn't mean he is a bad guy !!!

hope yuuki open her eyes !! and know who is really care to die for her ..
Old 2008-08-11, 16:41   Link #83
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queeny View Post
you always said what we want to said PreSage !
it's really stupid when they asked me why do you like kaname over zero ?? he is a selfish guy who always hurt zero .. bla bla bla

let me say this :

zero = only talks !! no actions !
kaname = talks + actions ...!!

they always said :
" the silent type always misunderstood "

because mystery is always around kaname + he's silent doesn't mean he is a bad guy !!!

hope yuuki open her eyes !! and know who is really care to die for her ..
Now, not everybody has the advantadge of being a smart guy with excelent abilities to play chess (that's how the anime represents Kaname's game). Zero is a rather stupid guy with no clear objectives and absolutely more impulsive than rational. However, the one who's willing to give his life for Yuuki, that's very questionable.
Kaname made a super master plan in order to have a happy ever after life with Yuuki = he's not willing to die (but we still don't see him at the edge of his feelings, let's wait a bit more).
Zero does nothing but scream in pain for being so useless, I don't feel pity for him anymore , but when the time came...
Spoiler for manga spoiler, latest chapters:

Besides, even if you love her, using your girlfriend's best friend as a human (or vampiric, hehe) shield isn't what I would consider the best plan.
I like Zero more than Kaname, but if I had to choose, I think I'll proceed the same way as Kaname (I can't wait to see the ending so I could make up my mind)
Old 2008-08-11, 18:56   Link #84
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadwings View Post
Spoiler for manga spoiler, latest chapters:
Really?
Spoiler for major manga spoiler:

Quote:
Besides, even if you love her, using your girlfriend's best friend as a human (or vampiric, hehe) shield isn't what I would consider the best plan.
I like Zero more than Kaname, but if I had to choose, I think I'll proceed the same way as Kaname (I can't wait to see the ending so I could make up my mind)
True. It does seem very uncompassionate.
Spoiler for major manga spoiler:

(Hmm, I wonder how much of my words I'm gonna have to eat later when Kaname's true character is revealed. Oh well, these are the impressions I get with what I've read so far. *shrugs*)

Just to add, in Zero's defense (yes, I'm defending Zero here XD), he's not a stupid guy and he does have a clear objective - even if his objective is revenge on the vampires for killing his parents and making him what he is. His problem is his continual wallowing in self-pity that prevents him from taking up proper action to achieve his goals. It was for this reason that Yagari pointed his gun at Zero - and when Zero actually retaliated by knocking that gunfire away from him and says he wants to live, that Yagari walks away. Dang it, even his sensei knows. XD

My interest now lies in what is happening with Headmaster Cross.
Spoiler for manga:

[/TH][/TR][/table]

Last edited by PreSage; 2008-08-11 at 19:12.
Old 2008-09-02, 09:35   Link #85
ArtCp

Quote:
It was for this reason that Yagari pointed his gun at Zero - and when Zero actually retaliated by knocking that gunfire away from him and says he wants to live, that Yagari walks away. Dang it, even his sensei knows. XD[/spoiler]
The only reason Zoro knocked the gun away was because of Yuuki..Not out of his desire for life imo.
Old 2008-09-03, 22:27   Link #86
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtCp View Post
The only reason Zoro knocked the gun away was because of Yuuki..Not out of his desire for life imo.
It was because of Yuuki's influence. Zero himself was in a pitiless state but Yuuki gave him reason to continue on.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2008-09-04, 05:35   Link #87
MitsukiPearl

Send a message via MSN to MitsukiPearl Send a message via Yahoo to MitsukiPearl
For some strange reason.. I want Yuuki to go with Kaname.. Idk why.. Its just I feel like they're connected by a red string of fait. And yeah~ But Zero makes a good older brother for Yuuki. ^^

Last edited by MitsukiPearl; 2008-09-04 at 05:35. Reason: u-u-uguu.. i spelt her name wrong.. Dx
Old 2008-09-08, 20:20   Link #88
carmolita

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsinoe74 View Post
After reading through different VK forums.It seems that majority predicts that Kaname is the one, likely to die to make this story tragic. He does have the aura of a doomed hero.Taciturn and lonely, He keeps things to himself and refused to share his burden with anyone unless absolutely necessary(like with Zero,because it is necessary to save Yukki).His obssession to protect Yuki at all cost.His past crimes, specially the killing of another pureblood which foreshadow an ominous future. He's my favorite character and after reading those post. I cant help but feel sad. I do hope that if ever he is going to die, That Miss Hino will give him a hero's death fighting to the end,strong, courageous and majestic.Protecting the one he loves,knowing that he was and is loved,not only by Yukki but by his supporters as well...That he'll die with a peaceful heart, without remorse,knowing his sacrifices were worth it...Pardon the soap opera post. I just have to let it out.
Many people speculate that kaname is going to die. I must admit that even I jumped abored ship since this is suppose to be a romantic tragedy, but then I had to look at it like this~ If zero and kaname fought it out they'd loose yuki, because if one or the other died at the hands of the other without reason..yuki would hate him till the end of time...What could be gained at this point?

~If kaname died `yuki
Spoiler for past and futuer spoiler manga plus anime:

~if zero died yuki would be devistated, because he was her whole world since kaname all but abandond her, but somehow she feels obligated to be by his side. She feels that everything is her fault. Because she's taken care of him like a mother to a child it's only natural her feelings are conflicted. What could be the reason for zero dying: He could subcomb to level "E"~ and die because of it. He could fulfill his role as yuki's shield and die protecting her. He could become mortally wounded in the battle with rido ..One thing is for certain,,If zero lives he would have to continue drinking yuki blood to survive only not as much since she is a pureblood (She would forever be his lunch). If zero lives he could become a formidable hunter and yuki and him would make a great team as guardians for peace, however, since so much time has been spent building his character~ It would be that much more tragic if he died and yuki would fight to preserve his memory....maybe even have a little zero.

~ If yuki died Vampire knight over~ kaname and zero would kill each other out of blame

~ However, if the chairman died ..I could see them all surviving to preserve his memory and build the future of peace that he wanted between the vampires and humans..

Those are just my thoughts I'm still a kaname x yuki fan, because
kaname is strongminded and doesn't make irrational decisions based on emotions alone and looks at the big picture ..Zero is the opposite ` he is stongwilled , but often lets his feelings get in the way of his better judgment often causeing kaos - thinking of the consequences later. Yuki likes zero because he takes action, but loves kaname because he knows intuitively when she needs him most.. What girl doesn't want to be rescued

Sorry for long post
Old 2008-09-08, 21:24   Link #89
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

I think Yuuki chooses to
Spoiler for manga:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmolita View Post
Yuki likes zero because he takes action
Zero takes action? Sorry, that's just my instant reaction.

[/TH][/TR][/table]

Last edited by PreSage; 2008-09-09 at 17:12.
Old 2008-09-08, 22:56   Link #90
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmolita View Post
~ If yuki died Vampire knight over~ kaname and zero would kill each other out of blame
If Yuuki dies, Kaname and Zero will reconsider the reason why they were fighting in first place, realize that it was pointless, and become best friends. End of the series. (please don't think I have anything against Yuuki )

I don't see why people speculate that Kaname is going to die. The way I see it, the only possible outcome of this is that both guys live or both guys die. And if I were forced to kill one of them, I'd kill Zero, his character had already been explained and there's no more things to make character development. To say it in another way, he presents no more use to the manga, basically because this manga is more about relationships and developments than action itself. Also, if Zero dies, I think it's easier to find a way of making him come back in the second arc of the manga (don't know, some weird vampire powers or something like that).

Quote:
[SPOILER="manga"]I think Yuuki chooses to stay by Zero's side probably because she feels she is also partly to blame for his pain and suffering, which she based solely on the fact that she shares the same blood as the one who murdered his family
[/quote]
Spoiler for manga:

Quote:
Spoiler for manga:
Spoiler for manga:

Quote:
Spoiler for manga:
Agreed. He still looks more reliable,gentlemen and intelligent (well those points are obvius hehe) than the emotional Zero. It's somehow like having to choose a well planned life, with a clear future, or choose living a different adventure everyday without knowing what's going to happend the next minute. OH yuuki... you're in such a hard position!

Quote:
Zero takes action? Sorry, that's just my instant reaction.
Well, the little princess () keeps Zero from going on a rampage. All he wants is to take action!

Last edited by Deadwings; 2008-09-09 at 17:36. Reason: tagged
Old 2008-09-09, 00:58   Link #91
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Why do you say Yuuki and Shizuka
Spoiler:
I didn't mean it literally. It was a figure of speech. I meant that since Shizuka is a pureblood and
Spoiler for manga:

Quote:
I admit I prefer Zero, but I can't see how is she harbouring a love of passion for her half-brother.
I wouldn't consider Kaname to be
Spoiler for manga:

[/TH][/TR][/table]

Last edited by PreSage; 2008-09-09 at 17:14.
Old 2008-09-09, 07:56   Link #92
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

Quote:
I wouldn't consider Kaname to be
Spoiler for manga:
I was talking about Zero.
Spoiler for manga:

Last edited by Deadwings; 2008-09-09 at 17:33. Reason: tagged
Old 2008-09-09, 11:31   Link #93
Queeny
<3

hmm

just wondering , don't you suppose to use spoiler tag here ??
since some of the members still don't know anything about the manga !! they didn't read it yet .
Old 2008-09-09, 17:17   Link #94
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queeny View Post
hmm

just wondering , don't you suppose to use spoiler tag here ??
since some of the members still don't know anything about the manga !! they didn't read it yet .
Ack! *headdesks!* Yes, we are >_< . I completely forgot that this discussion was in the Kaname character thread and not the manga thread. *headdesks again* Thanks for reminding us, Queeny.

I went back and put spoiler tags in my posts. Gomen minna!

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2008-09-09, 17:21   Link #95
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

Tagged, just in case.
PreSage, I hope you don't mind that I tagged my quotes.
I don't remember if Kaname's past was explained in the anime but I tagged it anyway.

Edit: Oh you're tagging too, then nothing to worry about, I'll adapt my taggs to yours (because I'm bored and have nothing better to do )

Last edited by Deadwings; 2008-09-09 at 17:40.
Old 2008-09-09, 17:50   Link #96
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Tagged, just in case.
PreSage, I hope you don't mind that I tagged my quotes.
I don't remember if Kaname's past was explained in the anime but I tagged it anyway.

Edit: Oh you're tagging too, then nothing to worry about, I'll adapt my taggs to yours (because I'm bored and have nothing best to do )
Ahaha, yeah, I went ahead and tagged everything in my posts, including quotes from your posts. Glad that you didn't mind my doing that.

I don't think the anime covered Kaname's past. From what I read, it covered only up to the end of the Shizuka arc, and what little detail of Kaname's past we know is revealed during the Rido arc, which will be the second season.

Quote:
I was talking about Zero.
Yes I think Kaname is adopted, too. But this will probably mean he's not a Kuran... I wonder what surprises is Kaname holding back.
Sorry, I misunderstood when you said "half-brother" because being a half-brother would mean that you share one of the parents. But in this case, Zero was adopted as well, so he's an adopted brother.

Kaname is a Kuran. It seems that he's
Spoiler for manga:

Okay, after saying all that now I'm confused how the other lesser vampires came into being? If purebloods have pure vampire bloods that has not been tainted with human blood (as Headmaster Cross explained), then how does the noble vampires even exist, when human/vampire blood hybrids commonly fall to level E and are destroyed?

One thing that has been bugging me was
Spoiler for manga:

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2008-09-09, 19:44   Link #97
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

Ack! your post made me think a lot... I'm tired of thinking by this time of the day, but it's okay since I had to re-read chapter 35 and chibi Yuuki made me smile

Quote:
Kaname is a Kuran. It seems that he's
Spoiler for manga:
Then you might have been unconsciously right when you said
Spoiler for manga:

Quote:
Okay, after saying all that now I'm confused how the other lesser vampires came into being? If purebloods have pure vampire bloods that has not been tainted with human blood (as Headmaster Cross explained), then how does the noble vampires even exist, when human/vampire blood hybrids commonly fall to level E and are destroyed?
I have some ideas on this. First, Pureblood has a child with human, I don't know if it is genetically possible but since nothing says the opposite then I won't discard this. Second, both anime and manga sustain that humans who became vampires can keep their sanity by drinking the blood of the pureblood who bit him/her. Tough I don't remember if it was said if they needed the blood like somekind of drug and drink it peridiocally or if with just once was okay to keep their minds working. So, vampires who avoided falling to level E, by some reason could have become nobles.
Spoiler for manga:

Quote:
One thing that has been bugging me was
Spoiler for manga:
Really? I only paid attention to chibi Yuuki so I don't know.

Quote:
Spoiler for manga:
Spoiler for manga:
Old 2008-09-09, 21:15   Link #98
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Ack! your post made me think a lot... I'm tired of thinking by this time of the day
Hahaha, good then I've done my evil deed of the day.

Quote:
I have some ideas on this. First, Pureblood has a child with human, I don't know if it is genetically possible but since nothing says the opposite then I won't discard this. Second, both anime and manga sustain that humans who became vampires can keep their sanity by drinking the blood of the pureblood who bit him/her. Tough I don't remember if it was said if they needed the blood like somekind of drug and drink it peridiocally or if with just once was okay to keep their minds working. So, vampires who avoided falling to level E, by some reason could have become nobles.
Spoiler for manga:
You raised a good point about a vampire having a child with a human. I think that may be possible in the VK world (so do I smell vampire/human love in the VK world as well? Guess so! ). Yes, that may explain the impure noble bloodlines. About Level E vampires, I thought that if the bitten human drank the blood of the vampire that bit him, he returns to being human?
Spoiler for just in case this wasn't in the anime:

Quote:
Spoiler for manga:
Well, from my understanding, Kaname was
Spoiler for manga:

Quote:
You die? Let me join...
You want the coffin closest to the window or the other one?

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2008-09-09, 22:49   Link #99
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

Quote:
About Level E vampires, I thought that if the bitten human drank the blood of the vampire that bit him, he returns to being human?
Spoiler for just in case this wasn't in the anime:
Ichiru was never bitten by Shizuka, he drank her blood and became more powerful, but Shizuka refused to bite him. And it was also in the anime.

Quote:
Well, from my understanding, Kaname was
Spoiler for manga:
STOP IT!! It's even hard to read!!
I'm afraid I'll have to re-check the manga... you're mean, you made me be unsure of everything I thought of Kaname... I guess I'll stop here, too much for my little head

PD: Oh and I'll take the one next to the window, nice air currents go well with my death.
Old 2008-09-09, 23:07   Link #100
carmolita

Spoiler for kaname orgin spoiler from manga:
Closed Thread