AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-03, 10:38   Link #41
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Huh...Bandai Channel's got a countdown...

http://www.b-ch.com/contents/feat_macross/
Old 2011-10-03, 10:42   Link #42
Westlo
Lets be reality

Announce in 2012 and air in 2013 seems the go... gives them a good break from Aquarion EVOL as well assuming that airs Spring to Fall....
Old 2011-10-03, 14:40   Link #43
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post

DATING SIM!!!!!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2011-10-03, 14:49   Link #44
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post

Looks like they're streaming every series. Wow.

We need some bitching 30th anniversary wallpapers going.
Old 2011-10-03, 15:19   Link #45
Hollowgolem

So, we're going to be getting a RTS/FlightSim/shooter/DatingSim/Beat-em-up/Armored-Core-style-mech-customization game, which will be followed by a 5-episode OVA tracing the adventures of a street-performer-turned-fighter-ace who has to combat a ravenous, mindless alien race who is immune to the power of pop music, but can be stopped in their tracks by...

...the blues?

No but seriously, the real loose end in the canon is what happened to Misa and Hikaru (and Minmei, sure, whatever) after 2014.

Unless they're going to wait for 2014 to reveal that.
Old 2011-10-03, 16:29   Link #46
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowgolem View Post
No but seriously, the real loose end in the canon is what happened to Misa and Hikaru (and Minmei, sure, whatever) after 2014.

Unless they're going to wait for 2014 to reveal that.
I doubt thats ever going to happen. HORYFROATINGHEAD stated time and time again he did not want to explore that route.

Though we could have a prequel, or an OVA sequel. The ZENTRADI has yet to be completely explored. Background information states that:

Humanity encountered only 1 Zentradi fleet. There are more than 2,000 fighting an intergalactic war. There are more than 1 type of Zentradi, and not yet encountered. There is the Supervision Army, which is still struggling against their former brethren (and has a very W40K twist).

Surely I would like to see something about them too.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2011-10-03 at 18:32.
Old 2011-10-03, 18:25   Link #47
Lancel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I doubt thats ever going to happen. HORYFROATINGHEAD stated time and time again he did not want to explore that route.

Though we could have a prequel, or an OVA sequel. The ZENTRADI has yet to be completely explored. Background information states that:

Humanity encountered only 1 Zentradi fleet. There are more than 2,000 fighting an intergalactic war. There are more than 1 type of Zentradi, which has not been encountered. There is the Supervision Army, which is still struggling against their former brethren (which has a very W40K twist).

Surely I would like to see something about them too.

- Tak
I completely agree with this. Zentradi really haven't gotten anything since the first series and I think there's a lot that could be done with them. Though I understand the desire to make a new, unique villain along with new, unique heroes with each piece.
Old 2011-10-03, 19:09   Link #48
Hollowgolem

The problem with the Zentradi is how... simple their society is.

The whole -point- of the Zentradi is that their entire society is either martial, or aped off of the Protoculture (only after they become re-exposed to humans, as descendants of said culture).

Though the idea of a splinter group of Zentradi influenced by a -different- alien culture would be interesting. But would, again, require the development of a new alien race.

I also like the idea of isolated, splinter groups of Zentradi spontaneously generating culture after some sort of catastrophe causes their militarized social construction to break down.

Or something.

But then it's all just idle speculation on our part. It's not like we hold the strings to make Kawamori dance, or anything.
Old 2011-10-09, 15:34   Link #49
moncikoma

macross F? : immpossible
macross DYRL or manga adaptation remake : Immposible (because the manga still running)
macross F fufumofu : immposible..
macross R : very possible (by brain base)
macross 30th anniverssary concert in budokan : very possible
macross 30th anniverssary compilation BLURAY nyan or whatever : quite possible...
kawamori and the crew saturday night party! : 100% sure!
Old 2011-10-10, 09:36   Link #50
Tak

Macross - My Uncle is Zentradi Supreme Commander, starring Komilia Maria Fallyna Jenius

- Tak

Old 2011-10-10, 10:01   Link #51
Lancel

Welcome back, Tak. We missed your trolling.

And heck, people, I'd be happy if they announced English dubs.
Old 2011-10-10, 16:45   Link #52
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancel View Post
Welcome back, Tak. We missed your trolling.

Well, in the old PC-engine Macross game, that is exactly what Komilia calls our beloved Zentradi supreme commander, Uncle Breetai

On a more serious note, I've always wanted them to do something about Zentradi's integration into human society. As most of us should be aware, the Zentradi at the end of Space War I, literally outnumbered humanity by a factor of hundreds, if not thousands to one. We've learned some of the difficulties involving co-existence, but how they were able to reshape UNSPACY post-Space War I was not explored.

I am certainly all for them doing a prequel. If it should involve other Zentradi fleets, hey... all the better.

- Tak

Old 2011-10-10, 18:44   Link #53
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Glad to see that others here share my sentiments against another SDF Macross remake.

As for the project itself, I think a side-story in short OVA or 13-episode anime form would be ideal. The subject matter should ideally be less epic in scale than SDFM. I'm thinking of an experimental project like Macross Plus. Maybe this can even be the anime project for 2012 Urobuchi Gen said he was working on.
Old 2011-10-11, 01:02   Link #54
Westlo
Lets be reality

I wouldn't mind an SDF Macross update as long as it was done in the same period as a brand new series. Obviously Satelight don't have the manpower that Sunrise have but look @ what Sunrise/Bandai are doing with Gundam right now.

Gundam Unicorn OVA Series, OVA 4 to release in the near future, sells in excess of over 150,000 copies per OVA.
Gundam AGE TV Series, aimed @ bringing in a new generation of fans...
Gundam The First - Adaption of the manga version of the TV series, most likely an OVA.

Satelight really don't have the manpower to do anything like that... in 2008 two studios formed from ex-Satelight members, 8-Bit (Infinite Stratos) and GOHANDS (Princess Lover, Seitokai Yakuindomo & Mardock Scramble). I mean Satelight still have to team up with 8-Bit for the Macross Frontier Movies as well as the upcoming Aquarion EVOL...
Old 2011-10-11, 06:48   Link #55
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

*joins the chorus*

Welcome back, Tak!

Quote:
On a more serious note, I've always wanted them to do something about Zentradi's integration into human society. As most of us should be aware, the Zentradi at the end of Space War I, literally outnumbered humanity by a factor of hundreds, if not thousands to one. We've learned some of the difficulties involving co-existence, but how they were able to reshape UNSPACY post-Space War I was not explored.

I am certainly all for them doing a prequel. If it should involve other Zentradi fleets, hey... all the better.

- Tak
Now that's something I wouldn't mind seeing either ^^

I'd also like it if the romance took a back seat this time (or maybe, that it have an obvious outcome like Zero), but I'd wager that's not going to happen...

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2011-10-11, 09:51   Link #56
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
*joins the chorus*

Welcome back, Tak!

Now that's something I wouldn't mind seeing either ^^

I'd also like it if the romance took a back seat this time (or maybe, that it have an obvious outcome like Zero), but I'd wager that's not going to happen...
SOLD-OUT THEATRES FULL OF WEEPING HIGH-SCHOOL FANGIRLS CAN'T BE WRONG!!!</sarcasm>
Old 2011-10-11, 11:17   Link #57
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Well, romance certainly took a back seat to oblivion in Macross 7...

But what we got instead, was Basara's galaxy-sized phallaus-waving exercise...

Do we want that?

- Tak

Old 2011-10-11, 11:32   Link #58
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Well, romance certainly took a back seat to oblivion in Macross 7...

But what we got instead, was Basara's galaxy-sized phallaus-waving exercise...

Do we want that?

- Tak
HELL YES!!!

Old 2011-10-11, 15:12   Link #59
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

FIIIIIIIIIRE BOMBA!!!

Oh, and welcome back, Tak!

Old 2011-10-11, 15:25   Link #60
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard