Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-03-29, 20:50   Link #141
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
When I know all the girls well, I'll set up a waifu system here as well.
oh in that case me claims Haramura Nodoka! like you say "for some reason I like her boobs"

plus she has twintails!

oh how I remember the days I used to play Mahjong, had a uncle teach me and my sister how to play. Don't know how to play now tho, totally forgotten everything about it(I have a terrible memory and things tend not to stick with me)
but when I came across this series had to read it. Most of my family can play, might try to take it up again
Old 2009-03-29, 20:52   Link #142
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Judging from your reaction, I guess you haven't read the manga yet?
YET I am more of an anime fan, not game/manga/novel, with exceptions of course, like Type-Moon and Altus, since they rarely fail me.

I just find it puzzling that people are excited by a show that in my book registers such a luck of direction even before it starts. Of course, I do not want to sound absolute, since I have not seen even one episode, but things look somewhat desperate here
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 20:54   Link #143
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

@Bonta Kun: What, before I even start, you got me to start the system lol, I guess, more work for the Marriage Registry:

Nodoka: C.A., Bonta Kun

New members to the waifu system, just post here and announce your waifu, I'll record them down. I'm not sure if people are going with multiple waifus here or choosing only one.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 21:07   Link #144
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I can't, C.A. I don't want to bring you a whole list of my waifu. I like about 60% the number of girls in Saki .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
I just find it puzzling that people are excited by a show that in my book registers such a luck of direction even before it starts. Of course, I do not want to sound absolute, since I have not seen even one episode, but things look somewhat desperate here
In that case, I have said everything I need to say. If you gonna watch the show with that kind of mindset, I don't think you will be able to enjoy it like we do.
Old 2009-03-29, 21:40   Link #145
bayoab

Quote:
Even though you said that, there are like, what, 3 lolis in this whole show.
Am I looking at a different series? That's not actually a loli on that cover. It's just drawn like one there. She's the exact same age as Saki and is only of a slight difference in stature.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 21:44   Link #146
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
Am I looking at a different series? That's not actually a loli on that cover. It's just drawn like one there. She's the exact same age as Saki and is only of a slight difference in stature.
Thanks.... looks like we're already getting into a few "teaching moments" here. An art style doesn't define an age.
Old 2009-03-29, 21:48   Link #147
Shadow Kira01

Kobayashi Yu is voicing one of the rival team members, I wonder how good she is at seiyuu role. I was never interested in any of the animes where she voices characters. However, she did a great job on the ending song of Dragonaut. Perhaps, that's the only thing I like about the series which is currently on-hold.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 22:45   Link #148
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I don't mean to be rude, but do people actually try watching an anime just basing on the seiyuu they like?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
And? Loli isn't defined by age, as far as I know. Evangeline from Negima is an loli, and do you know how old is she?
Old 2009-03-29, 23:00   Link #149
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

And the never-ending multiplicity of meanings continue....

The problem is that there seem to be several distinct meanings of "loli" and a consensus seems unreachable.
Old 2009-03-29, 23:06   Link #150
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
I don't mean to be rude, but do people actually try watching an anime just basing on the seiyuu they like?
You know always wondered about that, I know the whole seiyuu thing is huge n all, I do try to keep up with who doing what and so forth but I don't let it decide what anime to watch. Same with Studios, I don't get why people think if a studio did poorly with one series they will with another.

I just find all that stuff makes watching anime not fun.

but thats just me, altho I do love the seiyuu list for this series
Old 2009-03-29, 23:13   Link #151
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
That is but one of many factors.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 23:15   Link #152
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Actually, I don't really think it's a big deal, but when I see
Quote:
Perhaps, that's the only thing I like about the series which is currently on-hold.
I was like "Seriously?". How can one keep watching an anime that has absolutely nothing interesting aspect to him except for the seiyuu?
Well, it's fine if the show can entertain him, just don't come and complain if it doesn't meet your expectation or fit your taste just because you have absolutely no idea about the anime.
Old 2009-03-29, 23:17   Link #153
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Kaoru Chujo is one of our fellow posters who really follows Seiyuu and will take on a series if particular favorites are involved. I have a few VAs I'm fond of.... but if the gig is in a genre or a plotline I already know I dislike, I'll give it a pass.
Old 2009-03-29, 23:28   Link #154
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
YET I am more of an anime fan, not game/manga/novel, with exceptions of course, like Type-Moon and Altus, since they rarely fail me.

Hey buddy, still prejudging stuff I see So ummm.......I take it your not going to be watching this one eh?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 00:26   Link #155
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Kaoru Chujo is one of our fellow posters who really follows Seiyuu and will take on a series if particular favorites are involved. I have a few VAs I'm fond of.... but if the gig is in a genre or a plotline I already know I dislike, I'll give it a pass.
The presence of seiyuu I like will definitely get me to watch an episode or two of any series, no matter what genre it is in or what quality I expect it to be. But even great seiyuu can't keep me watching a show that is otherwise uninteresting for me. I gave up on Zettai Karen Children despite Hirano Aya; and Wagaya no Oinarisama despite Hayami Saori. To say nothing of Code Geass, despite Yukana, Koshimizu Ami, and Orikasa Fumiko.

But I don't expect the only attraction of this show to be its seiyuu. The manga is cute and fairly involving. The director of Dragonaut is hardly an attraction, but the writer of Monster and Strawberry Panic sounds fairly promising. And the mahjong aspect is intriguing.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 02:46   Link #156
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Loli isn't defined by age, as far as I know.
Which is a rather alarming fact, like crimes defined without actual victims

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Hey buddy, still prejudging stuff I see
Since there is nothing else but a preview, how can I do anything else other than prejudge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
So ummm.......I take it your not going to be watching this one eh?
I did not drop Kurokami, Tsukihime, etc; despite the atrocious writing and butchering of source material ... unlike others
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 02:54   Link #157
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Which is a rather alarming fact, like crimes defined without actual victims
Okay, I understand. Let's stop here because basically, we have different view on the same thing.
Old 2009-03-30, 03:42   Link #158
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
The presence of seiyuu I like will definitely get me to watch an episode or two of any series, no matter what genre it is in or what quality I expect it to be. But even great seiyuu can't keep me watching a show that is otherwise uninteresting for me. I gave up on Zettai Karen Children despite Hirano Aya; and Wagaya no Oinarisama despite Hayami Saori. To say nothing of Code Geass, despite Yukana, Koshimizu Ami, and Orikasa Fumiko.

But I don't expect the only attraction of this show to be its seiyuu. The manga is cute and fairly involving. The director of Dragonaut is hardly an attraction, but the writer of Monster and Strawberry Panic sounds fairly promising. And the mahjong aspect is intriguing.
Sorry, shouldn't have spoken for you Aye, the manga looks to be an enjoyable basis for an anime ... and normally, I *would* run screaming away knowing the director was the point man on Dragonauts but we'll just assume he was working with what he had.... o.O

Hmmm, that reminds me I never did finish Wagaya no Oinarisama either.... I have all the eps... just lost incentive to finish.

I will say the series has got me interested in finding out how mahjong is played --- for years I've just played the matching tile PC game and my wife expressed some interest last time we were wandering in the shops of San Francisco Chinatown district.
Old 2009-03-30, 04:58   Link #159
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Sorry, shouldn't have spoken for you Aye, the manga looks to be an enjoyable basis for an anime ... and normally, I *would* run screaming away knowing the director was the point man on Dragonauts but we'll just assume he was working with what he had.... o.O

Hmmm, that reminds me I never did finish Wagaya no Oinarisama either.... I have all the eps... just lost incentive to finish.

I will say the series has got me interested in finding out how mahjong is played --- for years I've just played the matching tile PC game and my wife expressed some interest last time we were wandering in the shops of San Francisco Chinatown district.
You ever played Gin Rummy? It's closest to that as far as Western table games go.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 11:11   Link #160
Falkor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
You know always wondered about that, I know the whole seiyuu thing is huge n all, I do try to keep up with who doing what and so forth but I don't let it decide what anime to watch. Same with Studios, I don't get why people think if a studio did poorly with one series they will with another.

I just find all that stuff makes watching anime not fun.

but thats just me, altho I do love the seiyuu list for this series
Having a good seiyuu cast is usually a plus for me, although I must admit that I'm actually looking forward to this show mostly because of the seiyuus. They did a wonderful job in the Drama CD (at least the main characters who were featured), and that left a good impression on me for the future anime adaptation.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
competition, mahjong, seinen