AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-24, 21:46   Link #3281
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

What are the "evidence"? after seeing the episode I noticed nothing
xD

Well aside from all the speculation on the shirts she brought to these vacancies but his hand what else? xD
Old 2012-06-24, 22:55   Link #3282
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Only watched mid-way through the episode.

I gotta say. Never have I been more impressed by Marika's brashness until today. And I look forward to more!

Oh, my laughing and tears. Poor Chiaki. How adorable! (and embarrassing) XD

Spoiler:

No. I outright refuse to think along those lines -- until -- it's actually made a "reality". Wouldn't Kato being alive nullify Marika's right as a captain?
Probably not. We don't know if he lied to the government, he could just have lied to Marika and the general public. Marika is his daughter and pirates can retire, I assume. If he officially retired as a frontier pirate but made everyone believe outside the government believe he was dead, it's legit.

Besides, it seems Gonzo probably has friends in high places. If Gonzo is Ironbeard... he knows the emperor personally.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 02:11   Link #3283
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Luca made it seem like she was picking up dudes left and right but appears she was talking about the people giving her things, keeping her distracted, and those guys that tried to kill her.

- she went on vacation after the yacht race
- someone intercepted the orders for her to return to the Bentenmaru
- she went on a shopping spree and had her vacation extended
- someone was trying to keep her distracted and then tried to kill her but the crew of the Parabellum saved her... Blaster Ririka took out the guys who were going to ambush her.

- It's likely that the senior crew of the Bentenmaru helped Gonzo fake his death.
- Misa appeared to be playing dumb
- Misa directed a question about being a parent to Ironbeard, which Ririka answered.
- Misa was very comfortable and casual with Ironbeard and his crew... even punked them demanding compensation for pulling the switch for Kane.

The only issue with Ironbeard is that he's so big, strong, and stoic. I would expect Marika's father to be a little bit more dorky according from Grueir's account. Marika is kind of a dork and people compare her personality to that of her father. On the other hand, frontier pirating requires a lot of acting and Ironbeard may just be a character Gonzo plays.
Spoiler for ep25:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merkarion View Post
Is there everybody here thinking that Ironbeard is Marikaīs Father?

Why?

There are some points against this theorie !!

(snip for space)
Ririka didnīt have the exact Eyecolor ...but there Eyes are similar (Ironbeard and Ririka).
Ironbeard has the same sky blue colored eyes as Marika while Ririka has similar hair type and eyebrows as Marika i.e. it like a fusion between Ironbeard and Ririka.

Would an uncle be looking at/learn another child's inner character and invested resources to monitor/learn another child's activities?

This anime has a running theme of Fathers and their daughters.

Last edited by encia; 2012-06-25 at 02:59.
encia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 02:51   Link #3284
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I have to say, the line claiming that the pirates are going to have to choose to become "real pirates" soon is a shining beacon of hope for this series. Because otherwise these 'legal pirates' are pretty meh.

As for Ironbreard being Marika's father... well, if the Kane twins taught me anything, it's that this series isn't above convenient reveals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Have to admit "Blaster" Ririka was cool though. Now we know why she's called "Blaster".

She's like a female Han Solo... no wonder her daughter keeps picking up princesses.
I... I like that line of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
Will someone please pass the mustard? I'm about to eat my words regarding Kane.
Likewise. I was totally wrong there.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 02:54   Link #3285
Theo

Quote:
Originally Posted by encia View Post
Spoiler for ep25:
Questions they probably dont care about since there's only one episode left. I mean, even if he did fake his death, switch Kanes, what's the point? Why do these things? Why present or imply this if it isn't utilized in the future of the franchise?

The director and author had to have planned this arc all the way back in 2009, right? But the novels dont indicate anything related to this or any development along these lines. Marika has no interest in her father's past and there's no main plot, so we dont really have any hooks besides these ones: hooks that arent extended or are just directionless.
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 03:02   Link #3286
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post
Questions they probably dont care about since there's only one episode left. I mean, even if he did fake his death, switch Kanes, what's the point? Why do these things? Why present or imply this if it isn't utilized in the future of the franchise?

The director and author had to have planned this arc all the way back in 2009, right? But the novels dont indicate anything related to this or any development along these lines. Marika has no interest in her father's past and there's no main plot, so we dont really have any hooks besides these ones: hooks that arent extended or are just directionless.
This anime has a running theme of Fathers and their daughters e.g. Chiaki and her Father.
encia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 03:12   Link #3287
Theo

Quote:
This anime has a running theme of Fathers and their daughters e.g. Chiaki and her Father.
Then where is this with Marika and her father? They just announce he's dead and that's the end of that. He doesn't leave any indication that he really cared or any notes trying to help her out if she ever became captain. No little packages or small tokens of affection. It's the CREW that's helping her along, training her, pushing her forward. They're more fathers to her than he ever was.

Marika, as I just said, returns the favor by just simply not giving a damn. What kind of message is this sending?
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 03:30   Link #3288
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Have to admit "Blaster" Ririka was cool though. Now we know why she's called "Blaster".

She's like a female Han Solo... no wonder her daughter keeps picking up princesses.
AND she totally shot first.

Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 05:01   Link #3289
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Ah, not this again.

Btw, by this logic, Marika's father should be a Prince, since Kirika's into snagging royalty.

Perhaps he "died" because he had to succeed the Emperor of Man. And you know the Emprah is a master of disguises.
Old 2012-06-25, 08:12   Link #3290
Gohan78
Awakened One

Quote:
I don't think that you can call a single instance "a recurring theme".
Kenjo Kurihara is not even a prominent figure in the series. He only appeared at about the halfway point.

I think that they made a lot of red herrings to make us think that Ironbeard is Gonzaemon Kato but I will be surprised if he is really Marika's father because such a big reveal shouldn't happen in an anime original arc.

Does someone know if the original author is supervising the anime adaptation?
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 09:44   Link #3291
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Why do I get the feeling Quartz is a royal in the Imperial line or something...
Old 2012-06-25, 09:45   Link #3292
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

@above: Quartz probably is, and probably Ironbeard too...

~~~~~~

On Ironbeard and Marika:

I believe its something that they tease us with the anime, but eventually whether it becomes canon or not is up to the novel. I've always felt that Kirika and Misa were talking in code when they were talking about Goemon's death. So I would not be surprised that he's alive, just missing for a good reason, that when revealed to Marika it will either end the story or move it into the finale arc.

So, yes I do believe with good reason that Ironbeard "am your father", but no, they will only tease and tease and will not reveal that until they have sufficiently milked the fans dry.

(Or after a decade of writing the author decides to Negima End.)
Old 2012-06-25, 09:47   Link #3293
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
- Ririka could be an Imperial Princess like Grunhilde Serenity... just way older
a dozen times over
Serenity is not Imperial....they seem more like vassals...
Old 2012-06-25, 10:50   Link #3294
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Serenity is a Vassal principality in a Backwater Sector of a much larger Empire.

So yes, putting things into perspective here.

Now, where Ririka is a native of this sector is another question altogether, of course. Though given how the aristocracy of Mouretsu Pirates produce competent heirs via genetic engineering (just see the Princesses of Serenity, for example), one wonders whether Marika herself unknowingly is a rightful part of the Imperial Aristocracy, either via her mother, or father.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 11:11   Link #3295
justpassingby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
Does someone know if the original author is supervising the anime adaptation?
No. Sasamoto gave full authority to Satou to do as he likes. I posted that earlier in this thread, before it hit page 10-ish I think
Quote:
■佐藤監督に対して、原作者としてなにかリクエストを出されましたか? 
一切出していません。「好き勝手やってください。その代わり面白い作品に仕上げてね」というのが自分のスタ ンスですので、佐藤監督には好き勝手やってもらおうと思っています。
Source. This was last year.
Old 2012-06-25, 12:47   Link #3296
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Ok - ep 25 was very good, and am very much looking forward to the finale.

This really has been an extremely enjoyable series for me....
Old 2012-06-25, 17:16   Link #3297
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post
This line of thinking assumes the director intends to follow the novels. There are many examples of anime who started out following their source novels, then went of on their own course.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 17:21   Link #3298
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

I have a question or who knows I could download the OST with the drama?

and

Who knows if there will be a possible season 2?
Old 2012-06-25, 18:06   Link #3299
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
I should have chosen my words better. I meant to say that Ririka could have been a young Imperial princess with a personality similar to that of Grunhilde Serenity.

Grunhilde appears to sportier and tougher than other girls.

Ririka could have been a runaway princess or a princess with a military commission that went off on a mission in the frontier and met Gonzo.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 19:33   Link #3300
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

it's me or I feel that Misa wants it Chiaki closer and appreciate even more Marika?

Tags
light novel adaptation, science fiction, seinen, yuri